Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Almost OT, a real food topic

I made Wayne Boatwrights whole cranberry sauce muffins today. DW likes
to have one with her coffee or tea before she goes off to teach the
heathens art. As always they turned out perfect.

I use two of Wayne's recipes frequently, his 13-cracker meatloaf (the
only meatloaf recipe I ever got to stick together and not turn into meat
crumbles), and the whole cranberry sauce muffins.

Also today I have another loaf of multigrain bread in the breadmaker and
I scored about fifty dollars worth of used meat yesterday. Retail cost
would have been nearly a hundred bucks. Mostly very thick pork chops,
ribeye steaks, and the odd sirloin steak. I am getting ready to vacuum
seal, label, and toss into the big freezer.

Bravo Wayne for the recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 18, 1:59*pm, George Shirley > wrote:
> I made Wayne Boatwrights whole cranberry sauce muffins today. DW likes
> to have one with her coffee or tea before she goes off to teach the
> heathens art. As always they turned out perfect.
>
> I use two of Wayne's recipes frequently, his 13-cracker meatloaf (the
> only meatloaf recipe I ever got to stick together and not turn into meat
> crumbles), and the whole cranberry sauce muffins.
>
> Also today I have another loaf of multigrain bread in the breadmaker and
> I scored about fifty dollars worth of used meat yesterday. Retail cost
> would have been nearly a hundred bucks. Mostly very thick pork chops,
> ribeye steaks, and the odd sirloin steak. I am getting ready to vacuum
> seal, label, and toss into the big freezer.
>
> Bravo Wayne for the recipes.

What is used meat?

I'll have to check out his 13 cracker loaf.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> On Oct 18, 1:59 pm, George Shirley > wrote:
>> I made Wayne Boatwrights whole cranberry sauce muffins today. DW likes
>> to have one with her coffee or tea before she goes off to teach the
>> heathens art. As always they turned out perfect.
>>
>> I use two of Wayne's recipes frequently, his 13-cracker meatloaf (the
>> only meatloaf recipe I ever got to stick together and not turn into meat
>> crumbles), and the whole cranberry sauce muffins.
>>
>> Also today I have another loaf of multigrain bread in the breadmaker and
>> I scored about fifty dollars worth of used meat yesterday. Retail cost
>> would have been nearly a hundred bucks. Mostly very thick pork chops,
>> ribeye steaks, and the odd sirloin steak. I am getting ready to vacuum
>> seal, label, and toss into the big freezer.
>>
>> Bravo Wayne for the recipes.

> What is used meat?
>
> I'll have to check out his 13 cracker loaf.

You made me laugh... thanks!

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> On Oct 18, 1:59*pm, George Shirley > wrote:
> > I made Wayne Boatwrights whole cranberry sauce muffins today. DW likes
> > to have one with her coffee or tea before she goes off to teach the
> > heathens art. As always they turned out perfect.
> >
> > I use two of Wayne's recipes frequently, his 13-cracker meatloaf (the
> > only meatloaf recipe I ever got to stick together and not turn into meat
> > crumbles), and the whole cranberry sauce muffins.
> >
> > Also today I have another loaf of multigrain bread in the breadmaker and
> > I scored about fifty dollars worth of used meat yesterday. Retail cost
> > would have been nearly a hundred bucks. Mostly very thick pork chops,
> > ribeye steaks, and the odd sirloin steak. I am getting ready to vacuum
> > seal, label, and toss into the big freezer.
> >
> > Bravo Wayne for the recipes.

> What is used meat?

It's RFCspeak (originated by George, I *think*) for meat that's hit its
pull date from the case and is reduced in price for quick sale.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Kalmia > wrote:
>
>> On Oct 18, 1:59 pm, George Shirley > wrote:
>>> I made Wayne Boatwrights whole cranberry sauce muffins today. DW likes
>>> to have one with her coffee or tea before she goes off to teach the
>>> heathens art. As always they turned out perfect.
>>>
>>> I use two of Wayne's recipes frequently, his 13-cracker meatloaf (the
>>> only meatloaf recipe I ever got to stick together and not turn into meat
>>> crumbles), and the whole cranberry sauce muffins.
>>>
>>> Also today I have another loaf of multigrain bread in the breadmaker and
>>> I scored about fifty dollars worth of used meat yesterday. Retail cost
>>> would have been nearly a hundred bucks. Mostly very thick pork chops,
>>> ribeye steaks, and the odd sirloin steak. I am getting ready to vacuum
>>> seal, label, and toss into the big freezer.
>>>
>>> Bravo Wayne for the recipes.

>> What is used meat?

> It's RFCspeak (originated by George, I *think*) for meat that's hit its
> pull date from the case and is reduced in price for quick sale.

I'm not sure who originated the term, I've been using it for donkeys
years but I think someone else on rfp used it there before me. Whoever
originated it it is a really good way to save money.

I just vac sealed and put the meat in the freezer, a goodly portion of
it was pork loin chops, each about two inches thick, excellent for
grilling. Also picked up four sirloin steaks, a package of fajita meat
(skirt steak)and 2.75 lbs of Angus ground chuck.

I never touch the chicken that I find in there nor do I buy any of the
stuffed chops, etc. Everything else is fair game. There was a package of
buffalo steak but it was still priced too high for my taste.