Bob Pastorio

Default Plan ahead...

See where we are and where we've been...

http://www.foodservice.com/marketprices/beef/

Pastorio

Sandy n ne

When I've made recipes with ground beef lately, I am substituting 1/2 of the
beef with ground turkey-which is actually much cheaper right now, not to
mention healthier. No one has even noticed a difference in the food quality. I
made chili tonight and my room mate even said it was the best he'd ever had. Go
figure.

Sandra
PENMART01

Frogbrain croaks:

>(Sandy n ne) wrote:
>
>>When I've made recipes with ground beef lately, I am substituting 1/2 of the
>>beef with ground turkey-which is actually much cheaper right now, not to
>>mention healthier. No one has even noticed a difference in the food quality.
>>I made chili tonight and my room mate even said it was the best he'd ever
>>had. Go figure.

>I'm reluctant to use ground turkey. As I understand it, unless
>otherwise labeled, it is precisely that -- meat, skin, fat,
>tendons(?), etc. -- put through a grinder. Yes, I know ground beef is
>roughly the same, but I'm pickier about poultry than beef. With ground
>turkey products ranging from 7-25% fat, it seems to be only slightly
>less fatty than ground beef of similar variations. Although I may soon
>be persuaded by "cheaper." :-)

If yoose were truely concerned with quality/price (yer NOT!) you'd grind your
own meat.... bitch, bitch, bitch... all yoose do is bitch and not have a
friggin' clue what yer bitching about. Brain dead morons.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Bob Pastorio
> wrote:

> See where we are and where we've been...
>
> http://www.foodservice.com/marketprices/beef/
>
> Pastorio

Row-behr-to, I damn near croaked yesterday when I went to the
supermarket: BOGO on boneless chuck roasts. Kewl - that's what I like
for pot roasting. They're usually sale-priced at about $1/pound,
regular price being maybe $2.38-$2.68/pound. WERE. Yesterday, they
were marked $4.38/lb. <cough hack choke gasp>. My 4# roast was
~$17.68. Even getting two of them for that price brings them to ~$9
each! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! But I bought them. And some chicken.

Local radio station farm director says it's due, in part, because beef
production was cut back -- demand typically slows after summer grilling
season. Only the demand did not decrease and cattle guys are now
shipping to market even before critter is fully finished in order to
meet the demand. (The Canadian import thing also came into play.) I
may pick up some TSP for some uses.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Mark Shaw

In article >,
(Greg Zywicki) wrote:
>If you can get past the contents (and afterall, we all know where eggs
>come from) you might consider another benefit of ground turkey - it
>makes a decent substitute for ground veal.

And, hey, you can always grind your own....

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage -->
http://www.panix.com/~mshaw