Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is Bravo TV's Top Chef show prostituting itself?

On Oct 15, 2:00Â*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Â*"Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr." > wrote:
>
> > Yes, sugar too is now メall naturalモ and メ100% vegetableモ

> Sugar beets are a root vegetable:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_beets
>
> They seem pretty natural to me.
>
> But thanks for telling me about the show. Â*I'll be sure not to watch it.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

You've never watched Top Chef on Bravo? It's a great program - this
season's chefs are definitely among the best ever. There's no yelling
or screaming or high drama, like on Ramsey's shows - it's just good,
solid, professional competition among chefs (sous chefs, chefs who
already own their own restaurants, or other types of cooks), with just
a smidgeon of behind-the-scenes stuff. Padma Lakschmi and Tom
Colicchio are the hosts (and Tom is head judge).

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 1:34Â*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2:00Â*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>

> > In article
> > >,
> > Â*"Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr." > wrote:

> > > Yes, sugar too is now メall naturalモ and メ100% vegetableモ

> > Sugar beets are a root vegetable:

> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_beets

> > They seem pretty natural to me.

> > But thanks for telling me about the show. Â*I'll be sure not to watch it.

> > --
> > Dan Abel
> > Petaluma, California USA
> >

> You've never watched Top Chef on Bravo? Â*It's a great program - this
> season's chefs are definitely among the best ever. Â*

That's an understatement. This season is to previous seasons what
Einstein is to a high school physics teacher. Of course, even the
previous seasons had stronger competitors than any other similar
competition I've seen, be it on Food Network or Fox or NBC.

However, a couple of months ago Bravo had a related "Top MASTER Chef"
competition, which was even more star-studded. But i file it under a
different category.