Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is Bravo TV's Top Chef show prostituting itself?

"Ed Pawlowski" ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr." wrote in message

> First of all, let me say that the Top Chef show is not simply my>
> favourite cooking show, but maybe the best show on all of TV.

Suspicious in itself, given Mad Men and Thirty Rock.

> I have to wonder, where did Ostap come from and >why is he posting here?
> Could it be a real interest in >Top Chef, or could it be some interest in
> denigrating a >particular product?

I have a hard time seeing us as an important sector of anything. Of the
ones who actually can see that show, our group might comprise the enormous
group of 100? Even that many? The rest of us don't have cable, dpn't have
a TV or live outsdie the US and will never see that show nor those chips
things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 9:02*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" *ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr." *wrote in message
> > First of all, let me say that the Top Chef show is not simply my>
> > favourite cooking show, but maybe the best show on all of TV.

> Suspicious in itself, given Mad Men and Thirty Rock.

I'd say Mad Men and True Blood. Hey, the complete set of Ally McBeal
seasons just came out last week.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:
> I'd say Mad Men and True Blood. Hey, the complete set of Ally McBeal
> seasons just came out last week.
>
> --Bryan

True Blood is probably the strangest show I watch, but I can't stop
watching it. I like Two and a Half Men.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 10:32*am, Becca > wrote:
> --Bryan wrote:
> > I'd say Mad Men and True Blood. *Hey, the complete set of Ally McBeal
> > seasons just came out last week.

> > --Bryan

> True Blood is probably the strangest show I watch, but I can't stop
> watching it. *I like Two and a Half Men.

Being to frugal to buy cable for the few shows we'd have any interest
in, we are one season behind on both Mad Men and True Blood. Right
now we just finished season 2 of Mad Men, and our Netflix queue has
Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, 3 Stooges, Kung Fu, Leave it to Beaver
and season 1 of Married With Children. We got True Blood season 1 and
The Little Rascals http://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals.../dp/B001CDFY5U
from the public library. There has been a lot of great TV over the
years, but generally not too many great shows at any given time.

> Becca

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:
> On Oct 15, 10:32 am, Becca > wrote:
>> --Bryan wrote:
>>> I'd say Mad Men and True Blood. Hey, the complete set of Ally McBeal
>>> seasons just came out last week.
>>> --Bryan

>> True Blood is probably the strangest show I watch, but I can't stop
>> watching it. I like Two and a Half Men.

> Being to frugal to buy cable for the few shows we'd have any interest
> in, we are one season behind on both Mad Men and True Blood. Right
> now we just finished season 2 of Mad Men, and our Netflix queue has
> Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, 3 Stooges, Kung Fu, Leave it to Beaver
> and season 1 of Married With Children. We got True Blood season 1 and
> The Little Rascals http://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals.../dp/B001CDFY5U
> from the public library. There has been a lot of great TV over the
> years, but generally not too many great shows at any given time.
>> Becca

> --Bryan

True Blood Season 2 was sick, and I mean that in a good way. Totally
twisted.

Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 10:59*am, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 10:32*am, Becca > wrote:
>
> > --Bryan wrote:
> > > I'd say Mad Men and True Blood. *Hey, the complete set of Ally McBeal
> > > seasons just came out last week.

> > > --Bryan

> > True Blood is probably the strangest show I watch, but I can't stop
> > watching it. *I like Two and a Half Men.

> Being to frugal to buy cable for the few shows we'd have any interest
> in, we are one season behind on both Mad Men and True Blood. *Right
> now we just finished season 2 of Mad Men, and our Netflix queue has
> Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, 3 Stooges, Kung Fu, Leave it to Beaver
> and season 1 of Married With Children. *We got True Blood season 1 and
> The Little Rascalshttp://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals-Complete-Collection/dp/B001CDFY5U
> from the public library. *There has been a lot of great TV over the
> years, but generally not too many great shows at any given time.
>

> > Becca

> --Bryan

If those are your examples of great TV, you really do need cable or
satellite to see what you're missing.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:31:20 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:

> On Oct 15, 10:59*am, --Bryan > wrote:

>>> True Blood is probably the strangest show I watch, but I can't stop
>>> watching it. *I like Two and a Half Men.

>> Being to frugal to buy cable for the few shows we'd have any interest
>> in, we are one season behind on both Mad Men and True Blood. *Right
>> now we just finished season 2 of Mad Men, and our Netflix queue has
>> Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, 3 Stooges, Kung Fu, Leave it to Beaver
>> and season 1 of Married With Children. *We got True Blood season 1 and
>> The Little Rascalshttp://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals-Complete-Collection/dp/B001CDFY5U
>> from the public library. *There has been a lot of great TV over the
>> years, but generally not too many great shows at any given time.
>>

>>> Becca

>> --Bryan

> If those are your examples of great TV, you really do need cable or
> satellite to see what you're missing.
>
> N.

seriously. 'leave it to beaver'? what's next, 'highway patrol'?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 7:02*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" *ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > "Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr." *wrote in message
> > First of all, let me say that the Top Chef show is not simply my>
> > favourite cooking show, but maybe the best show on all of TV.

> Suspicious in itself, given Mad Men and Thirty Rock.

Are you being sarcastic or do you seriously think that any person, who
prefers Top Chef to your favourite shows - be they Mad Men or Thirty
Rock or Married With Children or Hee Haw or whatever - are
"suspicious"?

Would you want to share the list of your favourite TV shows with the
police, so that they would arrest as "suspicious" all people who don't
share your personal tastes in television?

> > I *have to wonder, where did Ostap *come from and >why is he posting here?
> > Could it be a real interest in >Top Chef, or could it be some interest in
> > denigrating a >particular product?

> I have a hard time seeing us as an important sector of anything. *Of the
> ones who actually can see that show, our group might comprise the enormous
> group of 100? *Even that many? *The rest of us don't have cable, dpn't have
> a TV or live outsdie the US and will never see that show nor those chips
> things.

I have no idea what you have just said. You seem to be saying that
discussing cooking shows on American cable/satellite TV is not a
worthy topic for our esteemable group. Well, just look at the list of
threads here. I assure you that dicussing Top Chef is of interest to
more people than your typical threads like:

Tonight's trashy eats
Egg shells in the coffee pot
WTH Andy!
Forgive me RFC for I have sinned . . . but I'm atoning.
Dinner last night Fri16Oct
Pizza for a Friday Phillies vs. Dodgers NLCS game!
Spoon crime on the rise

etc

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 12:30*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:31:20 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:

> >> Being to frugal to buy cable for the few shows we'd have any interest
> >> in, we are one season behind on both Mad Men and True Blood. *Right
> >> now we just finished season 2 of Mad Men, and our Netflix queue has
> >> Ally McBeal, Northern Exposure, 3 Stooges, Kung Fu, Leave it to Beaver
> >> and season 1 of Married With Children. *We got True Blood season 1 and
> >> The Little Rascalshttp://www.amazon.com/Little-Rascals-Complete-Collection/dp/B001CDFY5U
> >> from the public library. *There has been a lot of great TV over the
> >> years, but generally not too many great shows at any given time.

> >> --Bryan

> > If those are your examples of great TV, you really do need cable or
> > satellite to see what you're missing.

> > N.

> seriously. *'leave it to beaver'? *what's next, 'highway patrol'?

Leave it to Beaver was/is for my seven year old. I would indeed call
that "great TV" for a 7 YO.

Here's something else that belongs on the list of great TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFxM...eature=related
It's not on my Netflix list because we own the DVD. Possibly the best
show ever to be cancelled less than halfway through its first season.

> your pal,
> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:
> On Oct 16, 12:30 pm, blake murphy > wrote:
>>> If those are your examples of great TV, you really do need cable or
>>> satellite to see what you're missing.
>>> N.

>> seriously. 'leave it to beaver'? what's next, 'highway patrol'?

> Leave it to Beaver was/is for my seven year old. I would indeed call
> that "great TV" for a 7 YO.
>
> Here's something else that belongs on the list of great TV:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFxM...eature=related
> It's not on my Netflix list because we own the DVD. Possibly the best
> show ever to be cancelled less than halfway through its first season.
>> your pal,
>> blake

> --Bryan

Ah, Profit. That was a good show. Fox sux. They also canceled
Firefly too soon.

Tracy
Grumble, grumble....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:49:11 -0700 (PDT), --Bryan wrote:

> On Oct 16, 12:30*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> If those are your examples of great TV, you really do need cable or
>>> satellite to see what you're missing.

>>> N.

>> seriously. *'leave it to beaver'? *what's next, 'highway patrol'?

> Leave it to Beaver was/is for my seven year old. I would indeed call
> that "great TV" for a 7 YO.

'great t.v. for a seven year old' does not equal great t.v.

blake