FoodBanter.com

-   -   Dead Spread (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/177555-dead-spread.html)

Dimitri 05-10-2009 04:10 PM

Dead Spread

Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service was
real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then shared
some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing to
share.

The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
packets)
There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert bar
was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie Monster.

All in all it was a really good sendoff.

--
Dimitri
Coming soon:

Becca 05-10-2009 05:03 PM

Dead Spread

Dimitri wrote:
> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The
> service was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a
> passage then shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

Sorry about the loss of Aunt Pinky, please accept my condolences. This
reminds us how short life is and we should appreciate every moment.

Becca

Chemo the Clown 05-10-2009 05:40 PM

Dead Spread

On Oct 5, 9:03*am, Becca > wrote:
> Dimitri wrote:
> > Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The
> > service was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a
> > passage then shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

> Sorry about the loss of Aunt Pinky, please accept my condolences. *This
> reminds us how short life is and we should appreciate every moment. *
>
> Becca

Life isn't short if you live to 82. We all can only hope to make it
htat far and stay health.

Dimitri 05-10-2009 05:40 PM

Dead Spread

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
>> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
>> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

> Sorry about the loss of Aunt Pinky, please accept my condolences. This
> reminds us how short life is and we should appreciate every moment.
>
> Becca

Thank you - it was expected and a blessing although no one is ever really
prepared for the passing of a loved one.

Dimitri 05-10-2009 05:50 PM

Dead Spread

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
On Oct 5, 9:03 am, Becca > wrote:
> Dimitri wrote:
> > Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The
> > service was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a
> > passage then shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

> Sorry about the loss of Aunt Pinky, please accept my condolences. This
> reminds us how short life is and we should appreciate every moment.
>
> Becca

Life isn't short if you live to 82. We all can only hope to make it
htat far and stay health.

Her older sister - my MIL is 92 and lives with us.

Melba's Jammin' 05-10-2009 05:58 PM

Dead Spread

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service was
> real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then shared
> some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

Alex rest her soul.

> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing to
> share.
>
> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
> packets)

I'll give it a B.

The church I attend used to serve it that way, too. No more. Must've
had a review by the health department or something. Leftovers would,
I'm pretty sure, go back into the original container. I don't think
you can do that. . .

> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert bar
> was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie Monster.

Nice. Dessert is important.

> All in all it was a really good sendoff.

She was lucky to have you in her life.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check

Zeppo[_2_] 05-10-2009 06:27 PM

Dead Spread

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.
>
> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing to
> share.
>
> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
> packets)
> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert
> bar was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie
> Monster.
>
> All in all it was a really good sendoff.
>

> --
> Dimitri
> Coming soon:
> http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Dimitri,
Very sorry for your loss.

Jon

cybercat 05-10-2009 07:18 PM

Dead Spread

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82).

I'm sorry about your Aunt Pinky, and glad she was so loved.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 05-10-2009 11:21 PM

Dead Spread

Dimitri wrote:
> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.
>
> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing
> to share.
>
> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no
> little packets)
> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert
> bar was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie
> Monster.
>
> All in all it was a really good sendoff.

My condolences to your family.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Dimitri 06-10-2009 12:37 AM

Dead Spread

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
>> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
>> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.
>>
>> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing
>> to share.
>>
>> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
>> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
>> packets)
>> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
>> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
>> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert
>> bar was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie
>> Monster.
>>
>> All in all it was a really good sendoff.
>>

> My condolences to your family.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder

Thanks.

Dimitri 06-10-2009 12:38 AM

Dead Spread

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82).

> I'm sorry about your Aunt Pinky, and glad she was so loved.

Thanks - and yes she was both loves and a joy to be with.

Dimitri 06-10-2009 12:38 AM

Dead Spread

"Zeppo" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
>> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
>> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.
>>
>> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing
>> to share.
>>
>> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
>> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
>> packets)
>> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
>> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
>> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert
>> bar was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie
>> Monster.
>>
>> All in all it was a really good sendoff.
>>

>> --
>> Dimitri
>> Coming soon:
>> http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

> Dimitri,
> Very sorry for your loss.
>
> Jon

Thanks

Dimitri 06-10-2009 12:40 AM

Dead Spread

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
>> was
>> real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
>> shared
>> some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

> Alex rest her soul.
>
>> The reception after was quite nice with many people bringing some thing
>> share.
>>
>> The basis was Costco ( I think) platters of croissant sandwiches &
>> turkey+stuff roll-ups ( the mayo & dressings were in containers no little
>> packets)

> I'll give it a B.
>
> The church I attend used to serve it that way, too. No more. Must've
> had a review by the health department or something. Leftovers would,
> I'm pretty sure, go back into the original container. I don't think
> you can do that. . .
>
>> There were several salads, including a red potato, bow tie pasta with
>> salmon, tossed Green salad, macaroni Salad and a few others.
>> Red & white wine, beer, soda, bottled water, coffee & tea. The dessert
>> bar
>> was sensational with enough chocolate to satisfy even the Cookie Monster.

> Nice. Dessert is important.
>
>> All in all it was a really good sendoff.

> She was lucky to have you in her life.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

You are very kind - but quite frankly I was the lucky one - Hearing her
grandkids speak of Pinky gave me a real insight into being a grandparent.

Dimitri 06-10-2009 12:41 AM

Dead Spread

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>> Well Saturday was the memorial service for Aunt Pinky (82). The service
>> was real tearjerker as all her grandkids & children read a passage then
>> shared some personal experiences. She was quite loved.

> Sorry about the loss of Aunt Pinky, please accept my condolences. This
> reminds us how short life is and we should appreciate every moment.
>
> Becca

You're very kind -

Thanks