Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tortilla Soup?

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
5.247 on Sep Mon 2009 11:09 pm

> I've only had tortilla soup in Mexican restaurants, most mediocre, a few
> excellent. I've never made it nor have a recipe.
>
> The soups I liked were very thick, spicy, and chock full of ingredients.
>
> Anyone have a recipe for something like that?
>
> TIA

You never tried Nancy's tortillia soup? She Posted it here a while back to excellent reviews.

--
Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Jimmy Durante

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alan wrote:

> You never tried Nancy's tortillia soup? She Posted it here a while back to
> excellent reviews.

It's also one of the signature dishes on the RFC web site:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/N...%20S oup.html

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 5.247 on Sep Mon
> 2009 11:09 pm
>
>> I've only had tortilla soup in Mexican restaurants, most mediocre, a
>> few excellent. I've never made it nor have a recipe.
>>
>> The soups I liked were very thick, spicy, and chock full of
>> ingredients.
>>
>> Anyone have a recipe for something like that?

> You never tried Nancy's tortillia soup? She Posted it here a while
> back to excellent reviews.

Thanks, Alan.

The reason I didn't respond to Wayne's request is that I've never had
authentic tortilla soup, I had the idea the tortillas were somehow
melted into the soup rather than as a garnish.

Maybe someone could set me straight.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus > wrote in
50:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 5.247 on Sep Mon 2009
> 11:09 pm
>

> You never tried Nancy's tortillia soup? She Posted it here a while back
> to excellent reviews.

Maybe he's too old and senile to know about Google, too.

I typed in- recipe tortilla soup -and got 750,000 hits in 0.26 seconds.

That's probably a tad fast for the old man.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,