Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Indoor Barbecued Pork

America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-09-26, l, not -l > wrote:

> On 26-Sep-2009, "Theron" > wrote:
>
>> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
>> stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:
>>
>> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops
>>
>> Ed

> Either the link is in error or we have vastly different ideas of what
> constitutes barbecue. The link is to a recipe for "shake and bake" pork
> chops. Even allowing for the wide misuse of the term barbecue, a baked, or
> even pan fried, pork chop isn't barbecue. Please provide an updated link.

Theron mis-quoted the link. It was for "crunchy pork chops" not bbq.
Besides, ATK is so far away from anything resembling good cooking,
it's no surprise they would try and improve upon shake n bake.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2009-09-26, l, not -l > wrote:
>>
>> On 26-Sep-2009, "Theron" > wrote:
>>
>>> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
>>> stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:
>>>
>>> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops
>>>
>>> Ed

>> Either the link is in error or we have vastly different ideas of what
>> constitutes barbecue. The link is to a recipe for "shake and bake" pork
>> chops. Even allowing for the wide misuse of the term barbecue, a baked,
>> or
>> even pan fried, pork chop isn't barbecue. Please provide an updated
>> link.

> Theron mis-quoted the link. It was for "crunchy pork chops" not bbq.
> Besides, ATK is so far away from anything resembling good cooking,
> it's no surprise they would try and improve upon shake n bake.
>
> nb

As below, Christopher Kimball has the "Indoor Barbecue Pork" recipe on his
site, but has not released it for free viewing as he's supposed. He's a very
greedy marketer.

Sorry for the mistake,

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-09-26, Theron > wrote:

> site, but has not released it for free viewing as he's supposed. He's a very
> greedy marketer.

Be careful. I get chastised severely about the head and shoulders
every time I point that out.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 18:56:13 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

>Either the link is in error or we have vastly different ideas of what
>constitutes barbecue. The link is to a recipe for "shake and bake" pork
>chops. Even allowing for the wide misuse of the term barbecue, a baked, or
>even pan fried, pork chop isn't barbecue. Please provide an updated link.

It was informative all the same. I've never been able to find those
links, so even a wrong link is better than my feeble attempts.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> ATK is so far away from anything resembling good cooking, it's no surprise
> they would try and improve upon shake n bake.

My experience has been very much to the contrary. I've tried dozens of
recipes from ATK and the only misfire has been a disagreement on what makes
a "perfect" oatmeal cookie.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

>>notbob wrote:
>>
>>> ATK is so far away from anything resembling good cooking, it's no
>>> surprise they would try and improve upon shake n bake.

>> My experience has been very much to the contrary. I've tried dozens of
>> recipes from ATK and the only misfire has been a disagreement on what
>> makes a "perfect" oatmeal cookie.
>>
>>Bob

> I would agree with Bob. I haven;t tried a lot of their recipes, but
> some. And some are truly good. And quite a few folks from rfc think
> they are good as well...

I guess it should be surprising that notbob and I agree on ANYTHING.
Shouldn't we be like matter and antimatter?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

>> I guess it should be surprising that notbob and I agree on ANYTHING.
>> Shouldn't we be like matter and antimatter?

> No. It isn't that stark. Just different tastes.
>
> Bob..not everyone is gonna agree with ya.
> I hate to say this...but please stop flaming everyone you disagree
> with??? Especially in food threads that start out strong. It doesn't
> add anything..and detracts a whole lot.

It was a JOKE about the handle "notbob." You know, the way the word "not" in
many fields (e.g., computer science and formal logic) means "an exact
opposite"? Where did you see a flame?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

> Not in this instance, but in many others. It is getting very
> tiring... and not needed.

Well, bring it up when it *is* applicable, and I'll think about it.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 23:08:49 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>

>> I guess it should be surprising that notbob and I agree on ANYTHING.
>> Shouldn't we be like matter and antimatter?
>>
>> Bob

> No. It isn't that stark. Just different tastes.
>
> Bob..not everyone is gonna agree with ya.
> I hate to say this...but please stop flaming everyone you disagree
> with??? Especially in food threads that start out strong. It doesn't
> add anything..and detracts a whole lot.
>
> Christine

The best thing you can consider is adding booby to the plonk file and
ignore it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter's sockpuppet wrote:

>> I hate to say this...but please stop flaming everyone you disagree
>> with??? Especially in food threads that start out strong. It doesn't
>> add anything..and detracts a whole lot.

> The best thing you can consider is adding booby to the plonk file and
> ignore it

When a wasted wad like Peter's sockpuppet writes trash like that, I *will*
respond, Christine.

Sockpuppet, we all know who and what you are. Now **** off back to your
"mates."

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:13:58 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2009-09-26, l, not -l > wrote:
>>
>> On 26-Sep-2009, "Theron" > wrote:
>>
>>> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
>>> stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:
>>>
>>> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops
>>>
>>> Ed

>> Either the link is in error or we have vastly different ideas of what
>> constitutes barbecue. The link is to a recipe for "shake and bake" pork
>> chops. Even allowing for the wide misuse of the term barbecue, a baked, or
>> even pan fried, pork chop isn't barbecue. Please provide an updated link.

> Theron mis-quoted the link. It was for "crunchy pork chops" not bbq.
> Besides, ATK is so far away from anything resembling good cooking,
> it's no surprise they would try and improve upon shake n bake.
>
> nb

meh. i'm not a shake 'n' baker, but telling people how they can make their
own, possibly better, mix seems to me to be a service.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> The best thing you can consider is adding booby to the plonk file and
> ignore it

Significant that you were silent until Peter's party was over and he was
ready to post again.

God save the QUEENS!

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork" Theron General Cooking 35 04-10-2009 01:13 PM
Indoor Barbecued Pork Theron Barbecue 20 29-09-2009 03:50 AM
Indoor Barbecued Pork Amended Theron Barbecue 6 28-09-2009 11:49 PM
2nd Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork" Theron Barbecue 1 26-09-2009 11:22 PM
Barbecued Pork Steaks Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-06-2005 04:16 PM