Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Conversion Table for Cooking: U.S. to Metric

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

U.S. to Metric
Capacity
1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1/5 cup = 50 ml
1 cup = 240 ml
2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml
4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters

Weight
1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
1 pound = 454 grams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 17, 9:51*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html
>
> U.S. to Metric
> Capacity
> 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter
> 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
> 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
> 1/5 cup = 50 ml
> 1 cup = 240 ml
> 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml
> 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
> 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters
>
> Weight
> 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
> 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
> 1 pound = 454 grams

Shut up already. We already HAVE good conversion lists on the FAQ
page.
Sheeesh!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" > wrote in message

Shut up already. We already HAVE good conversion lists on the FAQ
page.
Sheeesh!
Lynn in Fargo

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I thought it was useful. We often have threads that duplicate information,
and some of them grow to considerable length, but I seldom see someone react
so strongly over a simple message that actually includes useful information.
(Some on this group don't even know where to find the FAQ.)

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MaryL"
> "Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" >

> Shut up already. We already HAVE good conversion lists on the FAQ
> page.
> Sheeesh!
> Lynn in Fargo
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> I thought it was useful. We often have threads that duplicate
> information, > and some of them grow to considerable length, but I seldom
> see someone react so strongly over a simple message that actually includes
> useful information. (Some on this group don't even know where to find the
> FAQ.)
>
> MaryL

Once would be useful, but five times is excessive!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "MaryL"
>> "Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" >

>> Shut up already. We already HAVE good conversion lists on the FAQ
>> page.
>> Sheeesh!
>> Lynn in Fargo
>>
>> - - - - - - - - - - - -
>>
>> I thought it was useful. We often have threads that duplicate
>> information, > and some of them grow to considerable length, but I seldom
>> see someone react so strongly over a simple message that actually
>> includes useful information. (Some on this group don't even know where to
>> find the FAQ.)
>>
>> MaryL

> Once would be useful, but five times is excessive!

You're right about that. I only noticed the one thread (with two messages
about conversion tables). A link in one message would have been adequate.

*Now* I understand Lynn's objection. My apologies.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html
>
> U.S. to Metric
> Capacity
> 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter

Whoever uses 1/5 teaspoon?

> 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
> 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
> 1/5 cup = 50 ml
> 1 cup = 240 ml

A metric cup (which is different from a US cup) is 250ml.

> 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml

(2 metric cups = 500ml)

> 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
> 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters

> Weight
> 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
> 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
> 1 pound = 454 grams

Fluid ounces are volume, not weight.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 17, 10:15*pm, Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig >
wrote:
> On Sep 17, 9:51*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>

> >http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

> > U.S. to Metric
> > Capacity
> > 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter
> > 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
> > 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
> > 1/5 cup = 50 ml
> > 1 cup = 240 ml
> > 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml
> > 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
> > 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters

> > Weight
> > 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
> > 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
> > 1 pound = 454 grams

> Shut up already. *We already HAVE goodconversionlists on the FAQ
> page.
> Sheeesh!
> Lynn in Fargo- Hide quoted text -

I was recording for myself for qucik search, Duh!.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 18, 8:03*am, Miche > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> >http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

> > U.S. to Metric
> > Capacity
> > 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter

> Whoever uses 1/5 teaspoon?
>
> > 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
> > 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
> > 1/5 cup = 50 ml
> > 1 cup = 240 ml

> A metric cup (which is different from a US cup) is 250ml.
>
> > 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml

> (2 metric cups = 500ml)
>
> > 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
> > 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters
> > Weight
> > 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
> > 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
> > 1 pound = 454 grams

> Fluid ounces are volume, not weight. *

You don't think fluid has weith? Shoor some water up the air? Where
do they go (of course, I am talking about planet earth)?

> Miche
>
> --
> Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:19:15 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> wrote:

>On Sep 18, 8:03*am, Miche > wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

>> > U.S. to Metric
>> > Capacity
>> > 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter

>> Whoever uses 1/5 teaspoon?
>>
>> > 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
>> > 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
>> > 1/5 cup = 50 ml
>> > 1 cup = 240 ml

>> A metric cup (which is different from a US cup) is 250ml.
>>
>> > 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml

>> (2 metric cups = 500ml)
>>
>> > 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
>> > 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters
>> > Weight
>> > 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
>> > 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
>> > 1 pound = 454 grams

>> Fluid ounces are volume, not weight. *

>You don't think fluid has weith? Shoor some water up the air? Where
>do they go (of course, I am talking about planet earth)?

OK, you shoot a VOLUME of water up in the air and it comes back down
because it has WEIGHT.
Of course fluids have weight. But, it is impossible to convert from
fluid oz. to weight simply because they are two different measurements
and all fluids do not have the same weight per unit volume.

Your chart says 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
My question is, 1 fluid oz of what = 28 grams?
1 fluid oz. of water weighs ~ 29.5 grams
1 fluid oz. of gasoline weighs ~ 20 grams
1 fluid oz. of ethyl alcohol weighs ~ 23 grams
1 fluid oz. of mercury weighs ~ 400 grams

Ross.
Who knows he's beating a dead horse and is now dropping the stick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> On Sep 18, 8:03*am, Miche > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Manda Ruby > wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.botanical.com/botanical/cvcookix.html

> > > U.S. to Metric
> > > Capacity
> > > 1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter

> > Whoever uses 1/5 teaspoon?
> >
> > > 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
> > > 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
> > > 1/5 cup = 50 ml
> > > 1 cup = 240 ml

> > A metric cup (which is different from a US cup) is 250ml.
> >
> > > 2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml

> > (2 metric cups = 500ml)
> >
> > > 4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
> > > 4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters
> > > Weight
> > > 1 fluid oz. = 30 milliters
> > > 1 fluid oz. = 28 grams
> > > 1 pound = 454 grams

> > Fluid ounces are volume, not weight. *

> You don't think fluid has weith? Shoor some water up the air? Where
> do they go (of course, I am talking about planet earth)?

Nonetheless, a _fluid_ ounce is a measure of _volume_.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I was recording for myself for qucik search, Duh!.

Then you should've saved it to your hard drive rather than posting it
here.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases