Old 15-09-2009, 10:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tailgating anyone?

sueb wrote:
On Sep 12, 9:23 pm, Dan Abel wrote:

"Nancy Young" wrote:

Tom Biasi wrote:

The TG's at Giant's stadium used to be awesome. You could walk
around the parking lot and socialize and trade food.
The TG squad now patrols the lot and dampers the fun a little. They
want you in your own spot and not in a an adjacent parking space.
So your setup has to be in the same parking spot as your car. I
tow a trailer and take 1.5 spots. I tell them I drove two vehicles
to the game and need two spots.
So far just a sideways look and they leave.

Isn't parking still tight because they built a new stadium? It
might ease up after things settle down.

The stadium is almost in downtown San Francisco. It's *never* going
to settle down there. That's just a high density area. We take the
ferry to the game. Close parking costs more than the ticket to the
game. The old stadium (which is still there, but not used for
baseball anymore), is in a lower density area.

Nobody tailgates for baseball - it's a football thing. So in San
Francisco, it's still going on at Candlestick (or whatever they've
renamed it to this week), because the Niners still play there. Biasi
is referring to the NY Giants.

(laugh) Only after I posted did I think ... is there another Giants
stadium and that's what Tom's talking about? To me it's the one
in the Meadowlands.

But in the Bay Area, the place to tailgate is the Coliseum before
Raiders games. For some reason, Raider fans are into tailgating big
time - there's great stuff every weekend out in that parking lot!

I bet. I haven't been to a Giants game in almost never, you can't
get tickets. But I've heard they have some fabulous tailgate food.

nancy

Old 16-09-2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
sueb wrote:

On Sep 12, 9:23*pm, Dan Abel wrote:
In article ,
*"Nancy Young" wrote:

Tom Biasi wrote:

[...]

Yeah, that's pretty confusing to me. My wife is a big SF Giants
baseball fan. Around our house, "Giants" means baseball. We live on
the West Coast, so a New York team isn't of so much interest. Besides,
neither of us follow any football teams, other than a couple of college
teams.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 16-09-2009, 08:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

*"Nancy Young" wrote:

Tom Biasi wrote:

The TG's at Giant's stadium used to be awesome. You could walk around
the parking lot and socialize and trade food.
The TG squad now patrols the lot and dampers the fun a little. They
want you in your own spot and not in a an adjacent parking space.
So your setup has to be in the same parking spot as your car. I tow a
trailer and take 1.5 spots. I tell them I drove two vehicles to the
game and need two spots.
So far just a sideways look and they leave.

Isn't parking still tight because they built a new stadium? *It might ease
up after things settle down.

LOL! SF Giants parking settle down? Are you aware of where the ball
park is located? The whole point of putting the stadium where it is
(besides availability and cost) was for people to walk or use public
access.

Does the icon of stadiums, Wrigley Field, have parking? I think not.

The stadium is almost in downtown San Francisco. *It's *never* going to
settle down there. *That's just a high density area. *We take the ferry
to the game. *Close parking costs more than the ticket to the game. *The
old stadium (which is still there, but not used for baseball anymore),
is in a lower density area.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Nobody tailgates for baseball - it's a football thing. So in San
Francisco, it's still going on at Candlestick (or whatever they've
renamed it to this week), because the Niners still play there. Biasi
is referring to the NY Giants.

But in the Bay Area, the place to tailgate is the Coliseum before
Raiders games. For some reason, Raider fans are into tailgating big
time - there's great stuff every weekend out in that parking lot!

Susan B.

49ers fans tailgait too, but they don't wear all the make up and
costumes like Raiders fans do. Raider fans are definitely worthy of
TV close ups! IMO: watching 49er fans is like watching Stanford
Cardinal fans... too bad we (meaning both teams) don't have a band as
entertaining as Stanford's.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Cool little portable hibachi for travel/tailgating tutall Barbecue 6 24-08-2010 04:18 AM
BBQ Tailgating Ekal Byar Barbecue 0 28-12-2009 11:33 PM
This week's tailgating Nancy Young General Cooking 5 23-09-2006 11:20 AM