Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Animal Farm breakfast, 2009

Bacon and real eggs!

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, Andy > wrote:
> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>
> Bacon and real eggs!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

None yet, but the brisket is in the oven, and smells heavenly an hour
into the process!

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine said...

> On Sep 7, 6:35*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>
>> Bacon and real eggs!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> None yet, but the brisket is in the oven, and smells heavenly an hour
> into the process!

maxine in ri,

I've never cooked a brisket.

I might as well live on another planet. Might try Earth!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" wrote:

> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>
> Bacon and real eggs!

Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I deduce
that the bacon is imitation?

> You?

Too early.

But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later and
Fress!
I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a salad
made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style, only I had
a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private stash of 2ni
olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Andy" wrote:
>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>
>> Bacon and real eggs!

> Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I deduce
> that the bacon is imitation?
>
>> You?

> Too early.
>
> But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later and
> Fress!
> I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
> slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a salad
> made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style, only I had
> a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private stash of 2ni
> olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg

Did you consider it possible that those trying to eat healthy might have
eggs (whites) or egg substitute from a small carton (like a small milk
carton)? I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact
every little bit helps, right?

bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Muncie said...

> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Andy" wrote:
>>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>>
>>> Bacon and real eggs!

>> Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I
>> deduce that the bacon is imitation?
>>
>>> You?

>> Too early.
>>
>> But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill
>> later and Fress!
>> I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4
>> lb slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and
>> a salad made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli
>> style, only I had a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my
>> private stash of 2ni olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg
>>

> Did you consider it possible that those trying to eat healthy might have
> eggs (whites) or egg substitute from a small carton (like a small milk
> carton)? I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact
> every little bit helps, right?
>
> bob

Sheldon and most of the membership knows I'm very much on the Eggbeaters
side of eggs for breakfast. Nucularized even.

I'd only fault Sheldon for chiming in on a breakfast thread when he may not
even sit down to lunch! The BUM!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:35:41 -0500, Andy > wrote:

-->Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
-->
-->Bacon and real eggs!
-->
-->You?
-->
-->Andy

Turkey bacon, egg beaters, rye toast. Going for brunch with the kid so didn't
want to eat heavy.
Cook the bacon and remove from pan. Place rye bread in pan, put bacon on top,
pour egg whites over top. Wait three minutes, flip ...wait four
minutes...serve.. great with a med. hot salsa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote
> I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact every little
> bit helps, right?

Yes, this is the conclusion I reached recently. The little dilemma was,
though I have made various roasted meats, tried different things, the fact
is, my husband likes lunch meat best for sandwiches, which are important
because in the morning he will have a)nothing or b) horrible fast food
unless he has something quick and easy to grab. And lunch meat is crap, so
high in saturated fat, salt, and cholesterol, as well as nitrates for much
of it. Still, one piece of this meat and a thin piece of cheese, are
vehicles for two slices of whole grain bread that delivers 6 grams of fiber,
plus fresh tomatoes and onions. Not a bad tradeoff when the alternative is a
Big Mac or nothing at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Bob Muncie" > wrote
>> I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact every
>> little bit helps, right?
>>

> Yes, this is the conclusion I reached recently. The little dilemma was,
> though I have made various roasted meats, tried different things, the fact
> is, my husband likes lunch meat best for sandwiches, which are important
> because in the morning he will have a)nothing or b) horrible fast food
> unless he has something quick and easy to grab. And lunch meat is crap, so
> high in saturated fat, salt, and cholesterol, as well as nitrates for much
> of it. Still, one piece of this meat and a thin piece of cheese, are
> vehicles for two slices of whole grain bread that delivers 6 grams of
> fiber, plus fresh tomatoes and onions. Not a bad tradeoff when the
> alternative is a Big Mac or nothing at all.

He is lucky you make the effort.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:

> He is lucky you make the effort.

Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a while!
And I know I am often persnickety ....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>>
>> He is lucky you make the effort.
>>

> Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a
> while! And I know I am often persnickety ....

Why in the world would I not be speaking to you..........??????????????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> brooklyn1 wrote:
>> "Andy" wrote:
>>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>>
>>> Bacon and real eggs!

>> Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I
>> deduce that the bacon is imitation?
>>
>>> You?

>> Too early.
>>
>> But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later
>> and Fress!
>> I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
>> slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a
>> salad made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style,
>> only I had a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private
>> stash of 2ni olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg
>>

> Did you consider it possible that those trying to eat healthy might have
> eggs (whites) or egg substitute from a small carton (like a small milk
> carton)? I realize real bacon kind of defeats the purpose, but in fact
> every little bit helps, right?
>
> bob

Irony, wry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, watermelon, my sister's wild plum jelly
and coffee.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, watermelon, my sister's wild plum jelly
> and coffee.
>

> Becca

Becca,

Ya trumped my bacon & eggs!!!

Thought I might gain favor by using real eggs.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>
> Bacon and real eggs!
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Chocolate muffin. THREE cafes au lait. Pondering lunch now.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Andy" wrote:
>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>
>> Bacon and real eggs!

> Since you made it a point to stipulate that the eggs are real can I deduce
> that the bacon is imitation?
>
>> You?

> Too early.
>
> But I may not have brunch today as I'm planning to light the grill later and
> Fress!
> I have a big bowl of tater salad made and my meat is marinating... a 4 lb
> slab of top round in my off the cuff oriental orange marinade... and a salad
> made from a five pound bag of russets, yer basic NYC deli style, only I had
> a brain fart and added a couple Tbls juice from my private stash of 2ni
> olives; not bad but I wouldn't do it again.
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2ugdyit.jpg

Does that mean you are entertaining? (I guess that last could be
read in at least two different ways.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>
>> Bacon and real eggs!
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Andy

> Chocolate muffin. THREE cafes au lait. Pondering lunch now.

Jean B.,

One of these days you're going to deplete the world cafe au lait supply! Then
what?!?

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Becca said...
>

>> Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, watermelon, my sister's wild plum jelly
>> and coffee.
>>

>> Becca
>>

> Becca,
>
> Ya trumped my bacon & eggs!!!
>
> Thought I might gain favor by using real eggs.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Andy I am so lucky, I do not have cholesterol problems. I was cooking
my sister's yard eggs until I ran out, some of them have the largest
yolks.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1033176922

Here's the lemon meringue pie:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1033176922

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>>>
>>> He is lucky you make the effort.
>>>

>> Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a
>> while! And I know I am often persnickety ....

> Why in the world would I not be speaking to you..........??????????????

God Bless you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Animal Farm breakfast, 2009
>>>
>>> Bacon and real eggs!
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Chocolate muffin. THREE cafes au lait. Pondering lunch now.

> Jean B.,
>
> One of these days you're going to deplete the world cafe au lait supply! Then
> what?!?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

If coffee trees suddenly succumb to a disease, I'll be hitting the
aspirin!

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Oh, thank you Ms. O! I am glad you are speaking to me, it has been a
>>> while! And I know I am often persnickety ....

>> Why in the world would I not be speaking to you..........??????????????
>>

> God Bless you.

You know where I am