Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My new favorite mixed drink

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:43:39 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
wrote:

> On Sep 6, 12:40*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Cheryl" > wrote:
>>> So, I got my answer, that it isn't "bad". *

>> The carbonation is supposed to harm tooth enamel.

> That's only a problem for those who HAVE teeth! ;-)
> Lynn in Fargo

i was thinking of you, lynn. this is your chance to go hog wild!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:21:48 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 08:25:22 -0700, TammyM wrote:
>
>> Cheryl, there are no/low sodium and no sugar club sodas to be found. My
>> market even has them under the store label, rather than a national
>> brand, and can often be found for a buck a piece (litre bottles).

> Our store brand Club Soda is just carbonated water as well. It's
> $.59/L every day.
>
> Speakig of which - do they still make Seagram's Collins Mixer (or
> was it Canada Dry?) I used to drink that as soda. It's light on
> the sweetness.
>
> -sw

the collins mixer (canada dry) i've seen at my grocery in maryland as
recently as two or three months ago. haven't seen it lately, the ****ing
rats. seems like they alternate it with bitter lemon. they do stock it
with cocktail mixers away from the rest of the soft drinks.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
wrote:

> On Sep 6, 10:11*am, Sqwertz > wrote:

>>> One of my favorites is half OJ and half diet Sprite. *Kind of like a poor
>>> man's Mimosa.

>> You could make it authentic by using grape soda instead. *(Hmmm..
>> what color does orange and purple make?)
>>
>> -sw

> Half soda with half grape juice or grape soda is called a Purple
> Jesus.
> Lynn in Fargo

I never saw a Purple Jesus,
I never hope to see one,
But I can tell you anyhow,
I¢d rather see than be one stuck up there on the cross with all that
****ing grape juice all over the place.

your pal,
ogden
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:21:48 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 08:25:22 -0700, TammyM wrote:
>>
>>> Cheryl, there are no/low sodium and no sugar club sodas to be found. My
>>> market even has them under the store label, rather than a national
>>> brand, and can often be found for a buck a piece (litre bottles).

>> Our store brand Club Soda is just carbonated water as well. It's
>> $.59/L every day.
>>
>> Speakig of which - do they still make Seagram's Collins Mixer (or
>> was it Canada Dry?) I used to drink that as soda. It's light on
>> the sweetness.
>>
>> -sw

> the collins mixer (canada dry) i've seen at my grocery in maryland as
> recently as two or three months ago. haven't seen it lately, the ****ing
> rats. seems like they alternate it with bitter lemon. they do stock it
> with cocktail mixers away from the rest of the soft drinks.

It's just soda water, a splash of sour mix and a little sugar. Or sprite/7Up
with a splash of lemonade/sour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:

>Half soda with half grape juice or grape soda is called a Purple
>Jesus.

Not if you're Roman Catholic....

S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 01:57:02 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

> Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:
>
>>Half soda with half grape juice or grape soda is called a Purple
>>Jesus.

> Not if you're Roman Catholic....
>
> S.

and if you are roman catholic?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote on Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:00:00 -0400:

>> Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:
>>
>>> Half soda with half grape juice or grape soda is called a
>>> Purple Jesus.

>> Not if you're Roman Catholic....
>>
>> S.

> and if you are roman catholic?

Catholics have more sense than to even contemplate grape juice!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 01:57:02 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:
>

>>Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig > wrote:
>>

>>>Half soda with half grape juice or grape soda is called a Purple
>>>Jesus.

>>Not if you're Roman Catholic....
>>
>>S.

> and if you are roman catholic?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Purpura Iesous?
--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:10:08 -0400, James Silverton wrote:

> blake wrote on Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:00:00 -0400:

>>> Not if you're Roman Catholic....
>>>
>>> S.

>> and if you are roman catholic?

> Catholics have more sense than to even contemplate grape juice!

<snort>

true enough. at least not in church.

your pal,
blake

Looking for mixed drink recipe website Grim General 1 26-02-2010 04:14 PM
New mixed beer drink tomkanpa Beer 3 15-10-2008 05:47 PM
Beer/mixed drink recipes jimday1982 Beer 0 15-11-2004 05:49 PM
Mixed drink recipes Steve Chaney, aka NR's Tormentee General Cooking 4 24-11-2003 08:34 AM
Mixed drink recipes Steve Chaney, aka NR's Tormentee Recipes 3 24-11-2003 08:34 AM