Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Simple Sloppy Joe recipe sought

I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
best southern cooking I've ever had.

Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
sharing them.

Mark Ferrante
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

That's not a sloppy joe.
See he
http://midnightsnack.wordpress.com/i...ey-sloppy-joe/

Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
FERRANTE > wrote:

> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

I rarely cook from recipes, but just off the top of my head, I'd take
about 2 lbs. of ground beef and add 1 can of tomato paste to that, about
1 tsp. each of lemon pepper, dried oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary and a
pinch of sage, then salt to taste.

Dilute the tomato paste with 1 can of water to thin it a bit.

Cook until the meat was done and serve it on toasted whole wheat buns.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:50:12 -0500, FERRANTE wrote:

> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.

My post from a couple years ago. This recipe made some awesome
Sloppy Hoes.

(I happened to use Manwich Bold last weekend and it was pretty good
after I added 1/3 bottle of H57 Sauce. So you probably won't like
this either).

> Somebody asked for the Crock-Pot recipe for Sloppy Joes here the
> other day, and when I looked it up on the website I said to
> myself, "I gotta get me some of that."

> The recipe, with some modifications:

> 4 pounds (or so) of ground beef, browned and drained
> 4 cloves of garlic, minced
> 1 onion, minced
> 1 green pepper, minced
> 1 cup Ketchup
> 1/2 cup leftover spaghetti sauce (or use 1.5 C Ketchup)
> 1/3 cup A-1 Sauce
> 1/3 cup yellow mustard
> 1/4 cup brown sugar
> 3 TB malt vinegar
> 3 TB Worcestershire
> 1 TB chile powder
> 1 TB potato starch in 1/2 cup water (added last hour)
> (And some leftover, chopped musgovian smoked pork picnic)

> Put it all in the Crock Pot(tm) on high for 3-4 hours.

http://i29.tinypic.com/o887sx.jpg

With fries on toasted NYT No-Knead Bread (with mayo):
http://i31.tinypic.com/20awkec.jpg
(That's sriracha in my ketchup)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tom Biasi wrote:
> "FERRANTE" > wrote

>> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
>> sharing them.

> That's not a sloppy joe.
> See he
> http://midnightsnack.wordpress.com/i...ey-sloppy-joe/

I've only heard them called Jewish sloppy joes. I love them.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:32:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> I rarely cook from recipes, but just off the top of my head, I'd take
> about 2 lbs. of ground beef and add 1 can of tomato paste to that, about
> 1 tsp. each of lemon pepper, dried oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary and a
> pinch of sage, then salt to taste.
>
> Dilute the tomato paste with 1 can of water to thin it a bit.
>
> Cook until the meat was done and serve it on toasted whole wheat buns.

Unless you're using 98% lean ground beef, you need to cook the beef
first.

Don't you ever get sick of lemon pepper?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:32:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > I rarely cook from recipes, but just off the top of my head, I'd take
> > about 2 lbs. of ground beef and add 1 can of tomato paste to that, about
> > 1 tsp. each of lemon pepper, dried oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary and a
> > pinch of sage, then salt to taste.
> >
> > Dilute the tomato paste with 1 can of water to thin it a bit.
> >
> > Cook until the meat was done and serve it on toasted whole wheat buns.

> Unless you're using 98% lean ground beef, you need to cook the beef
> first.

Agreed.

> Don't you ever get sick of lemon pepper?

No. ;-)

--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Christine Dabney > wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:01:10 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:32:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:
> >
> >> I rarely cook from recipes, but just off the top of my head, I'd take
> >> about 2 lbs. of ground beef and add 1 can of tomato paste to that, about
> >> 1 tsp. each of lemon pepper, dried oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary and a
> >> pinch of sage, then salt to taste.
> >>
> >> Dilute the tomato paste with 1 can of water to thin it a bit.
> >>
> >> Cook until the meat was done and serve it on toasted whole wheat buns.

> >Unless you're using 98% lean ground beef, you need to cook the beef
> >first.
> >

> This is Wayne's recipe, which I have made. It is very, very good, in
> my opinion.
>
> Christine
>
> Sloppy Joes
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Sandwiches

That sounds good. Saved!
I know I'm not the OP but am always on the lookout for tasty looking
stuff for the future...

This'd probably work for stuffed cabbage too.

And I forgot the onions and cooking method in what I posted.

My bad!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 2:50*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

I use Manwich in a lot of things - usually when I'm short on time. I
doctor the REGULAR (I hate the bold crap too!) for quick hotdishes.
casseroles, pasta sauce (lasagne), chili etc. Makes sense if I'm
making chili for one or spaghetti for one etc. I know some folks
don't like Manwich cause it's on the sweet side, but I like it and it
goes on sale frequently for a buck a can.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:46:22 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
Ografmorffig wrote:

> I use Manwich in a lot of things - usually when I'm short on time. I
> doctor the REGULAR (I hate the bold crap too!)

What's bad about the bold? I haven't bought Manwich anything for 20
years before last week and the Bold 3was just fine (like I said - I
added H57 sauce - made it even "bolder").

If Bold is less sweet, then I'm glad I got Bold instead of regular.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:46:22 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> Ografmorffig wrote:
>
>> I use Manwich in a lot of things - usually when I'm short on time. I
>> doctor the REGULAR (I hate the bold crap too!)

> What's bad about the bold? I haven't bought Manwich anything for 20
> years before last week and the Bold 3was just fine (like I said - I
> added H57 sauce - made it even "bolder").
>
> If Bold is less sweet, then I'm glad I got Bold instead of regular.
>
> -sw

sw - I think it's likely to do with Manwich being a comfort food. Many a
mom bought this stuff for us growing up. The "bold" version, tastes
nothing like the original, so it sinks or swims on it's own merits. I
think it's sort of like the fact that I like my own homemade mac &
cheese, but since I grew up on the Blue boxed Kraft stuff, I like that
also once in a while.

BTW, I dislike the bold version also. Just doesn't taste right to me.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 6:41*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:46:22 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> > Ografmorffig wrote:

> >> I use Manwich in a lot of things - usually when I'm short on time. *I
> >> doctor the REGULAR (I hate the bold crap too!)

> > What's bad about the bold? *I haven't bought Manwich anything for 20
> > years before last week and the Bold 3was *just fine (like I said - I
> > added H57 sauce - made it even "bolder").

> > If Bold is less sweet, then I'm glad I got Bold instead of regular.

> > -sw

> sw - I think it's likely to do with Manwich being a comfort food. Many a
> * mom bought this stuff for us growing up. The "bold" version, tastes
> nothing like the original, so it sinks or swims on it's own merits. I
> think it's sort of like the fact that I like my own homemade mac &
> cheese, but since I grew up on the Blue boxed Kraft stuff, I like that
> also once in a while.
>
> BTW, I dislike the bold version also. Just doesn't taste right to me.
>
> Bob

sw - I'm with Bob. The bold just doesn't taste like sloppy joe stuff
to me. Their BBQ stuff doesn't either, I do like Del Monte's sloppy
joe sauce, however.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

FERRANTE wrote:

> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

I expect that there are probably 35,000 variations on the "Sloppy Joe"
recipe.

I've always just browned the hamburg and cooked the chopped onions at
the same time, then drained off the excess fat, added Heinz ketchup
until I got a suitable consistency and then simmered for perhaps 30 min
which mellows the ketchup and finished cooking the onions. I expect
additions of Worstershire sauce, hot sauces, etc. are very common. I
expect that some chopped up chipotle peppers in adobo would be an
excellent addition.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 2:50*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

Oh, puh-leeze.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"FERRANTE" > wrote in message
>I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

Bobby Flay did a "Throwdown" with Sloppy Joes. It may still be in the
repeat rounds on the Food Network.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
news
> Tom Biasi wrote:
>> "FERRANTE" > wrote

>>> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
>>> sharing them.

>> That's not a sloppy joe.
>> See he
>> http://midnightsnack.wordpress.com/i...ey-sloppy-joe/

> I've only heard them called Jewish sloppy joes. I love them.
>
> nancy

The Jews were largely responsible for the turkey version. (Original SJ being
made with ham.)
Tom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

FERRANTE wrote:
> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.

This is the recipe my mom used to make in the 60s - 70s. It's very
simple. I think it's originally from a French's ad. It really makes
more like 2-3 servings than 4, but I guess people ate smaller portions
back then. Don't skip the butter. That's the crucial ingredient,
IMO.

Sloppy Joes
4 Servings

1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup catsup
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon French's (yellow) mustard
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

4 hamburger buns

Break up hamburger and combine in a skillet with catsup, vinegar,
mustard, butter, and Worcestershire. Cook over medium-low heat for
about 20 minutes, until hamburger is cooked through. Season with salt
and pepper to taste. If mixture dries out too much during cooking,
add more catsup. Divide mixture equally and serve each portion on a
warmed hamburger bun.

pat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Cryambers > wrote:

> FERRANTE wrote:
> > I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> > BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> > liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> > made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> > recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> > best southern cooking I've ever had.
> >
> > Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> > sharing them.

> This is the recipe my mom used to make in the 60s - 70s. It's very
> simple. I think it's originally from a French's ad. It really makes
> more like 2-3 servings than 4, but I guess people ate smaller portions
> back then. Don't skip the butter. That's the crucial ingredient,
> IMO.
>
> Sloppy Joes
> 4 Servings
>
> 1 pound hamburger
> 1/2 cup catsup
> 1 tablespoon vinegar
> 1 tablespoon French's (yellow) mustard
> 1 tablespoon butter
> 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
> salt and pepper
>
> 4 hamburger buns
>
> Break up hamburger and combine in a skillet with catsup, vinegar,
> mustard, butter, and Worcestershire. Cook over medium-low heat for
> about 20 minutes, until hamburger is cooked through. Season with salt
> and pepper to taste. If mixture dries out too much during cooking,
> add more catsup. Divide mixture equally and serve each portion on a
> warmed hamburger bun.
>
> pat

That actually sounds half-way good!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

My grandkids' favorite - ground beef, browned, and then throw in some
ketchup and yellow mustard to taste. LOL. They don't like Manwich in
any form.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Cryambers > wrote:

> > This is the recipe my mom used to make in the 60s - 70s. It's very
> > simple. I think it's originally from a French's ad. It really makes
> > more like 2-3 servings than 4, but I guess people ate smaller portions
> > back then. Don't skip the butter. That's the crucial ingredient,
> > IMO.
> >
> > Sloppy Joes
> > 4 Servings
> >
> > 1 pound hamburger
> > 1/2 cup catsup
> > 1 tablespoon vinegar
> > 1 tablespoon French's (yellow) mustard
> > 1 tablespoon butter
> > 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
> > salt and pepper
> >
> > 4 hamburger buns
> >
> > Break up hamburger and combine in a skillet with catsup, vinegar,
> > mustard, butter, and Worcestershire. Cook over medium-low heat for
> > about 20 minutes, until hamburger is cooked through. Season with salt
> > and pepper to taste. If mixture dries out too much during cooking,
> > add more catsup. Divide mixture equally and serve each portion on a
> > warmed hamburger bun.
> >
> > pat

> That actually sounds half-way good!
> -

It is pretty good. I like the combination of mustard, ketchup, and
worcestershire. She used to use those in her meatloaf too.

The butter adds an extra special something, though.

pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:41:29 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:46:22 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
>> Ografmorffig wrote:
>>
>>> I use Manwich in a lot of things - usually when I'm short on time. I
>>> doctor the REGULAR (I hate the bold crap too!)

>> What's bad about the bold?

I'd like to know too.

>> I haven't bought Manwich anything for 20
>> years before last week and the Bold 3was just fine (like I said - I
>> added H57 sauce - made it even "bolder").
>>
>> If Bold is less sweet, then I'm glad I got Bold instead of regular.
>>
>> -sw

>sw - I think it's likely to do with Manwich being a comfort food. Many a
> mom bought this stuff for us growing up. The "bold" version, tastes
>nothing like the original, so it sinks or swims on it's own merits. I
>think it's sort of like the fact that I like my own homemade mac &
>cheese, but since I grew up on the Blue boxed Kraft stuff, I like that
>also once in a while.
>
>BTW, I dislike the bold version also. Just doesn't taste right to me.

I like Manwich... but I don't use the can stuff, I buy the packet.
Haven't made it in ages though. I wonder if the packaged variety
comes in Bold? I'm not against adding hot pepper (the kind you shake
on pizza) or Tabasco to it.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cryambers wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>> Cryambers > wrote:

>>> This is the recipe my mom used to make in the 60s - 70s. It's very
>>> simple. I think it's originally from a French's ad. It really makes
>>> more like 2-3 servings than 4, but I guess people ate smaller portions
>>> back then. Don't skip the butter. That's the crucial ingredient,
>>> IMO.
>>>
>>> Sloppy Joes
>>> 4 Servings
>>>
>>> 1 pound hamburger
>>> 1/2 cup catsup
>>> 1 tablespoon vinegar
>>> 1 tablespoon French's (yellow) mustard
>>> 1 tablespoon butter
>>> 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
>>> salt and pepper
>>>
>>> 4 hamburger buns
>>>
>>> Break up hamburger and combine in a skillet with catsup, vinegar,
>>> mustard, butter, and Worcestershire. Cook over medium-low heat for
>>> about 20 minutes, until hamburger is cooked through. Season with salt
>>> and pepper to taste. If mixture dries out too much during cooking,
>>> add more catsup. Divide mixture equally and serve each portion on a
>>> warmed hamburger bun.
>>>
>>> pat

>> That actually sounds half-way good!
>> -

> It is pretty good. I like the combination of mustard, ketchup, and
> worcestershire. She used to use those in her meatloaf too.
>
> The butter adds an extra special something, though.
>
> pat

Thanks for your recipe... I will try the next time I am in the "sloppy
Joe" mood.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 12:50*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

OMG - you don't need any recipe.

1.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 30, 12:50*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I made sloppy joes in the crockpot the other day and used Manwhich
> BOLD along with hamburger only and it almost made me sick. I always
> liked the regular Manwhich, but I hate the BOLD version. My mom always
> made homemade from scratch and I wished I had asked her for her
> recipe. She passed away five years ago and gone also is some of the
> best southern cooking I've ever had.
>
> Anyone had any good recipes for sloppy joes? Thank you in advance for
> sharing them.
>
> Mark Ferrante

OMG - lets start all over.
1. fry ground beef
2. saute, onion and/or garlic and/or green or red bell peppers.
3. add any tomato product - ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste ( get
the idea?)
4.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>http://i29.tinypic.com/o887sx.jpg
>
>With fries on toasted NYT No-Knead Bread (with mayo):
>http://i31.tinypic.com/20awkec.jpg
>(That's sriracha in my ketchup)
>
>-sw

Damn, your Sloppy Joes really look great and the fries look quite
tasty too!

Mark

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>think it's sort of like the fact that I like my own homemade mac &
>cheese, but since I grew up on the Blue boxed Kraft stuff, I like that
>also once in a while.

Bob,
I have to ask this and I am sure I speak for many in this NG who
also love good Mac and Cheese: how do you make yours, please??

Mark
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC Simple Sloppy Joe recipe sought

"Bobo Bonobo®" > ha scritto nel
nospam > wrote:

> So don't use shortening! That is what people with half a brain would do>
> if they are concerned about trans fats.

Read his website, or at least my reply that includes his "JelloRecipes."

This guy is a knucklehead, and if you bothered to check out hiswebsite,
you'd be hard pressed not to agree.

--Bryan

I have just now realized what a truly nasty person you are. Millions of
Americans support an industry that produces tons of Jello and cake mixes.
Therefore there is a call for recipes using them, even if you don't or I
don't or anyone in this list doesn't use them. I'll bet some do sometimes.
I would if they existed here. There is certainly a place in my life for the
occasional white birthday cake with confectioner's sugar icing dyed pink.

But you occupy a higher plain than we do, we get it. You substitute the
shortening (which covers much more than Crisco to the knowing) always with
extra virgin olive oil, or perhaps with the oil of the moment freshly
pressed from something no one ever thought to make oil of before. You
therefore produce one perfect dish after another superb dish and you
photograph them all and publish them on your very own website for which you
pay all the bills -- purity is after all your brand-- thus demonstrating to
the entire world that if we follow you, we too will be perfect. Our meals
will be perfect. Our Sloppy Joes will be perfect, tran fat free and
veritable health food.

Right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 1, 6:53*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > ha scritto nel
>
> *nospam > wrote:
> > So don't use shortening! That is what people with half a brain would do>
> > if they are concerned about trans fats.

> Read his website, or at least my reply that includes his "JelloRecipes."
>
> This guy is a knucklehead, and if you bothered to check out hiswebsite,
> you'd be hard pressed not to agree.
>
> --Bryan
>
> I have just now realized what a truly nasty person you are. *Millions of
> Americans support an industry that produces tons of Jello and cake mixes.

Millions of folks support/have supported all kinds of atrocities.
Millions of Americans believe that Saddam Hussein was responsible for
the 9-11 attacks.

> Therefore there is a call for recipes using them, even if you don't or I
> don't or anyone in this list doesn't use them. *I'll bet some do sometimes.
> I would if they existed here. *There is certainly a place in my life for the
> occasional white birthday cake with confectioner's sugar icing dyed pink.
>
> But you occupy a higher plain than we do, we get it.

Don't tell me that you find the crappy recipes on Stu's website
appealing. I bet you've never really checked them out.

> You substitute the
> shortening (which covers much more than Crisco to the knowing) always with
> extra virgin olive oil,

Only an idiot would sub EVOO for "shortening" (which in American
vernacular means Crisco type shortening)

> or perhaps with the oil of the moment freshly
> pressed from something no one ever thought to make oil of before. *You
> therefore produce one perfect dish after another superb dish and you
> photograph them all and publish them on your very own website for which you
> pay all the bills -- purity is after all your brand-- thus demonstrating to
> the entire world that if we follow you, we too will be perfect.

I could publish photos of dog shit.

>*Our meals will be perfect. *

Have you READ that website?

> Our Sloppy Joes will be perfect, tran fat free and
> veritable health food.
>
> Right.

Gee. Aren't you worked up?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 1, 9:37*am, Stu > wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:53:49 +0200, "Giusi" > wrote:
>
> -->
> -->"Bobo Bonobo®" > ha scritto nel--> nospam > wrote:
>
> -->
> -->> So don't use shortening! That is what people with half a brain would do>
> -->> if they are concerned about trans fats.
> -->
> -->Read his website, or at least my reply that includes his "JelloRecipes.."
> -->
> -->This guy is a knucklehead, and if you bothered to check out hiswebsite,
> -->you'd be hard pressed not to agree.
> -->
> -->--Bryan
> -->
> -->I have just now realized what a truly nasty person you are. *Millions of
> -->Americans support an industry that produces tons of Jello and cake mixes.
> -->Therefore there is a call for recipes using them, even if you don't or I
> -->don't or anyone in this list doesn't use them. *I'll bet some do sometimes.
> -->I would if they existed here. *There is certainly a place in my life for the
> -->occasional white birthday cake with confectioner's sugar icing dyed pink.
> -->
> -->But you occupy a higher plain than we do, we get it. You substitute the
> -->shortening (which covers much more than Crisco to the knowing) always with
> -->extra virgin olive oil, or perhaps with the oil of the moment freshly
> -->pressed from something no one ever thought to make oil of before. *You
> -->therefore produce one perfect dish after another superb dish and you
> -->photograph them all and publish them on your very own website for which you
> -->pay all the bills -- purity is after all your brand-- thus demonstrating to
> -->the entire world that if we follow you, we too will be perfect. *Our meals
> -->will be perfect. *Our Sloppy Joes will be perfect, tran fat free and
> -->veritable health food.
> -->
> -->Right.
> -->
>
> Yes I have Jello recipes on my website, but it's not only people such as Bryan
> who frequent it, I get an average of 3000 hits a day. *I see Bryan didn't
> mention the thousands of vegetarian, low fat, no fat, low cholesteral, no
> cholesteral recipes that are available as well. Nor did he mention that the
> website for the most part will/is in the process of changing over to a more
> healthy lifestyle theme now did he? I think it shows motive when he posts
> attacking someone else here. I'm trying to clean up my act, I wish he'd atleast
> try.
>
> Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

When's the last time I mentioned your site? It's been a while, but
then you post a sloppy joe recipe with shortening. That doesn't seem
like cleaning up your act. "Low fat, no fat, low cholesteral [sp]'
means very little when you still have all that Crisco crap on there
(Cool Whip, Dream Whip and margarine are all mostly Crisco).

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:37:51 -0500, Stu > wrote:

>Yes I have Jello recipes on my website, but it's not only people such as Bryan
>who frequent it, I get an average of 3000 hits a day.

Let's just say Bryan is obsessed with you. I visited your website
once... vs. *how* many times for him?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 1, 12:01*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:37:51 -0500, Stu > wrote:
> >Yes I have Jello recipes on my website, but it's not only people such as Bryan
> >who frequent it, I get an average of 3000 hits a day.

> Let's just say Bryan is obsessed with you. *I visited your website
> once... vs. *how* many times for him? *

I haven't paid much attention at all to our Canadian fellow lately,
but he posted what he posted. His website is a hoot though. Sandra
Lee would be envious. Things can be so awful that they're comic.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®"

Things can be so awful that they're comic.

--Bryan

I am tryung to get there about you, but it hasn't yet worked.