Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default John, Bobby, and Ted

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> At what point does the good offset the bad? All three had shining
> examples
> of both.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

As do we all.

Boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Wed 26 Aug 2009 08:44:01p, bolivar told us...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> 5.247...
>>> At what point does the good offset the bad? All three had shining
>>> examples of both.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> As do we all.
>>
>> Boli

> It's all by degree.
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Degree of opportunity perhaps?? I'm sure I could have done at least a
*few* more things I should not have, given the status and opportunity. And
a few more good things as well.

Boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne wrote:

> What I object to more than anything else are those who have put them on
> pedestals and think they could do no wrong. WRONG!

So your most strenuous objection is to the "audience" rather than the
central characters? That's the way I feel about Emeril Live.

ObFood: Lin made Hubert Keller's roast chicken with sage, rosemary,
parsnips, garlic, and fennel. WOW! It turned out very, very well. The recipe
can be seen at http://www.hubertkeller.com/recipes/207_2.pdf, but it's
missing a step which was shown on the TV program: Just before serving, the
recipe tells you to stick rosemary sprigs into the top of the chicken. On
TV, Keller set the rosemary on fire and said that you're supposed to carry
the flame-topped chicken through the dining room to the table for serving.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 26 Aug 2009 10:17:03p, Bob Terwilliger told us...
>
>> Wayne wrote:
>>
>>> What I object to more than anything else are those who have put them on
>>> pedestals and think they could do no wrong. WRONG!

>> So your most strenuous objection is to the "audience" rather than the
>> central characters? That's the way I feel about Emeril Live.

> In a word yes. Worse yet are those who damned them while alive and praise
> them when dead.

Thats why whatever I thought when they were alive doesn't change when
they die. The bad stuff just doesn't go away where they should suddenly
be thought of in the same light as say Mother Teresa.

>> ObFood: Lin made Hubert Keller's roast chicken with sage, rosemary,
>> parsnips, garlic, and fennel. WOW! It turned out very, very well. The
>> recipe can be seen at http://www.hubertkeller.com/recipes/207_2.pdf, but
>> it's missing a step which was shown on the TV program: Just before
>> serving, the recipe tells you to stick rosemary sprigs into the top of
>> the chicken. On TV, Keller set the rosemary on fire and said that you're
>> supposed to carry the flame-topped chicken through the dining room to
>> the table for serving.

> I MUST make this chicken, Bob. There's *nothing* in that recipe I don't
> love! I might skip flaming the rosemary, though. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:

> Thats why whatever I thought when they were alive doesn't change when
> they die. The bad stuff just doesn't go away where they should suddenly
> be thought of in the same light as say Mother Teresa.

If not for the Kennedy Clan Maffia (all of them) no deal would have been cut
with Kruschev, there would have been no cold war, Fidel Castro and his
henchmen would have been gone, and Cuba would have been a US Territory and
probably a State for nearly 50 years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> So your most strenuous objection is to the "audience" rather than the
>>> central characters? That's the way I feel about Emeril Live.

>> In a word yes. Worse yet are those who damned them while alive and
>> praise them when dead.

> Thats why whatever I thought when they were alive doesn't change when they
> die. The bad stuff just doesn't go away where they should suddenly be
> thought of in the same light as say Mother Teresa.

Who was NOT AT ALL saintly!!!! See Hitchens' book on the subject.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in
:

> "George" > wrote in message
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Wed 26 Aug 2009 10:17:03p, Bob Terwilliger told us...

>>> In a word yes. Worse yet are those who damned them while alive and
>>> praise them when dead.

>> Thats why whatever I thought when they were alive doesn't change when
>> they die. The bad stuff just doesn't go away where they should
>> suddenly be thought of in the same light as say Mother Teresa.
>>

> Who was NOT AT ALL saintly!!!! See Hitchens' book on the subject.

You 'people' should take note of a saying..........

"If you can't say something good about someone who has passed, shut the
**** up and say nothing at all."

To do otherwise shows exactly what cowardly, low life, and despicable
'humans' you are in real life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL2" wrote:

> You 'people' should take note of a saying..........
>
> "If you can't say something good about someone who has passed, shut the
> **** up and say nothing at all."
>
> To do otherwise shows exactly what cowardly, low life, and despicable
> 'humans' you are in real life.

Idiot! Do you really think folks should raise Charles Manson to sainthood
when he finally drops dead? The Kennedys were *always* thieving, lying,
murderous douchebags.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Burberry Handbag | (www.gucci-jordan.com)
Coach Handbag | (www.gucci-jordan.com)
Chanel Hadbag | (www.gucci-jordan.com)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abercrombie & Fitch Men T-shirts |www.gucci-jordan.com
Abercrombie & Fitch Women T-shirts | www.gucci-jordan.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> "PeterL2" wrote:
>>
>> You 'people' should take note of a saying..........
>>
>> "If you can't say something good about someone who has passed, shut
>> the **** up and say nothing at all."
>>
>> To do otherwise shows exactly what cowardly, low life, and despicable
>> 'humans' you are in real life.

> Idiot! Do you really think folks should raise Charles Manson to
> sainthood when he finally drops dead? The Kennedys were *always*
> thieving, lying, murderous douchebags.

Whiskey micks who constantly strove to be lace curtain Irish but they simply
could not make the grade...

They SURE did affect a LOT of peep's lives - for the worse...!!!

All the while wrapping themselves in pious foney - baloney Catholicism...old
matriach crone Rose was THE WORST.

Last night on some cable nooze channel there was a docu about the Kennedy
clan, it was all that "Camelot" bullshit and at the end of the show they
played _Danny Boy_...had to turn it off before I hurled.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:48:41 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> "PeterL2" wrote:
>>>
>>> You 'people' should take note of a saying..........
>>>
>>> "If you can't say something good about someone who has passed, shut
>>> the **** up and say nothing at all."
>>>
>>> To do otherwise shows exactly what cowardly, low life, and despicable
>>> 'humans' you are in real life.

>> Idiot! Do you really think folks should raise Charles Manson to
>> sainthood when he finally drops dead? The Kennedys were *always*
>> thieving, lying, murderous douchebags.

> Whiskey micks who constantly strove to be lace curtain Irish but they simply
> could not make the grade...

<derisive snort>

yep, a president and three senators. complete no-accounts.

blake