Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra's Money Saving Meals: One Pot Meals

That shirt distracted me throughout the entire ep, but that may have
been the intended purpose, because I am having trouble remembering
things she screwed up. What did it say on front? I have difficult time
interpreting that font (which, if memory serves, is used on gangsta
tattoos and car detailing).

I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
(five hours) sounded wrong.

SLop NOW claims that it's better to make your own dough than use
whack-a-dough. BWAH! That's pretty funny coming from the self-proclaimed
"Bisquick Queen"!

I stifled a chuckle when SLop said she substitutes the water for mixes
with things with flavour; Like beer! Yum, cheap beer-flavoured biscuits!
Did you notice they showed the label of that cheap-ass beer before
suddenly yanking the camera away?

SLop gushed about how buying a bag of frozen "Italian style" veggies was
cheaper than making it herself.

SLop side-stepped the pricey frozen tortellini by saying it was cheaper
than the fresh AND saved her the time and effort of making it (even with
wonton wrappers, Sandie?).

SLop apparently thinks the mashers on shepherds' pie is ornamental, or
at least optional.

--
WARNING!!!
Use of these recipes may be hazardous to your health, food budget,

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 25, 4:02*am, Ubiquitous > wrote:
> That shirt distracted me throughout the entire ep, but that may have
> been the intended purpose, because I am having trouble remembering
> things she screwed up. What did it say on front? I have difficult time
> interpreting that font (which, if memory serves, is used on gangsta
> tattoos and car detailing).
>
> I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
> for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
> (five hours) sounded wrong.
>
> SLop NOW claims that it's better to make your own dough than use
> whack-a-dough. BWAH! That's pretty funny coming from the self-proclaimed
> "Bisquick Queen"!
>
> I stifled a chuckle when SLop said she substitutes the water for mixes
> with things with flavour; Like beer! Yum, cheap beer-flavoured biscuits!
> Did you notice they showed the label of that cheap-ass beer before
> suddenly yanking the camera away?
>
> SLop gushed about how buying a bag of frozen "Italian style" veggies was
> cheaper than making it herself.
>
> SLop side-stepped the pricey frozen tortellini by saying it was cheaper
> than the fresh AND saved her the time and effort of making it (even with
> wonton wrappers, Sandie?).
>
> SLop apparently thinks the mashers on shepherds' pie is ornamental, or
> at least optional.

These reviews used to be much better. Methinks *you* are the "SLop".
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article
projectile vomit chick > wrote:

> On Aug 25, 4:02*am, Ubiquitous > wrote:
> > That shirt distracted me throughout the entire ep, but that may have
> > been the intended purpose, because I am having trouble remembering
> > things she screwed up. What did it say on front? I have difficult time
> > interpreting that font (which, if memory serves, is used on gangsta
> > tattoos and car detailing).
> >
> > I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
> > for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
> > (five hours) sounded wrong.
> >
> > SLop NOW claims that it's better to make your own dough than use
> > whack-a-dough. BWAH! That's pretty funny coming from the self-proclaimed
> > "Bisquick Queen"!
> >
> > I stifled a chuckle when SLop said she substitutes the water for mixes
> > with things with flavour; Like beer! Yum, cheap beer-flavoured biscuits!
> > Did you notice they showed the label of that cheap-ass beer before
> > suddenly yanking the camera away?
> >
> > SLop gushed about how buying a bag of frozen "Italian style" veggies was
> > cheaper than making it herself.
> >
> > SLop side-stepped the pricey frozen tortellini by saying it was cheaper
> > than the fresh AND saved her the time and effort of making it (even with
> > wonton wrappers, Sandie?).
> >
> > SLop apparently thinks the mashers on shepherds' pie is ornamental, or
> > at least optional.

> These reviews used to be much better. Methinks *you* are the "SLop".

The problem is, they've made the show worse by trying to make it better.
It's even less enjoyable as an subject of ridicule.

--
Uncle Jack: "Will, you're invisible!"
Will: "Invisible? I can't be! I can touch myself!"
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Ubiquitous > wrote:

>I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
>for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
>(five hours) sounded wrong.

High and Low reach the same final temp, only the time it takes to
reach it changes.

5 hours would work if the meat started cold.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Clara Bell > wrote:

> Ubiquitous > wrote:
>
> >I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
> >for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
> >(five hours) sounded wrong.

> High and Low reach the same final temp, only the time it takes to
> reach it changes.

Uh, no. LOW never reaches as high a temperature as HIGH does, at least
on ours. I've checked with a meat thermometer probe from the BBQ.

--
Uncle Jack: "Will, you're invisible!"
Will: "Invisible? I can't be! I can touch myself!"
--actual dialog from third season LAND OF THE LOST
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Anim8rFSK > wrote:

>In article >,
> Clara Bell > wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous > wrote:
>>
>> >I never heard of setting a crockpot on "high" to cook meat dishes (kudos
>> >for her remembering "Me washie handsie!") and the cooking time she gave
>> >(five hours) sounded wrong.

>> High and Low reach the same final temp, only the time it takes to
>> reach it changes.

>Uh, no. LOW never reaches as high a temperature as HIGH does, at least
>on ours. I've checked with a meat thermometer probe from the BBQ.

You're right. It's been ages since I read about cooking temps and I
really thought I'd read that somewhere. It didn't seem to make much
sense to me at the time.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking