Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2009-08-24) NS-RFC: 'As seen on TV' - kitchen gadgets

http://www.recfoodcooking.com
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy polled:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

My Ronco Rotisserie finally paid off!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> ChattyCathy polled:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> My Ronco Rotisserie finally paid off!
>
> Bob

<laugh>

Would you like to choose a TFH?
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Would you like to choose a TFH?

I think the Inauguration TFH would be a *dazzling* addition to my
collection!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The plastic mandolin still serves me well. The safety handle that you stab to
hold the veggies with broke one of the three stabbers. Maybe it was my fault,
after what, 15 years?

A couple of the Ginsu steak knives rusted on me.

I've got the lifetime warranties around here somewhere! I wonder if the
companies who made the things are still out there, somewhere.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> Would you like to choose a TFH?

> I think the Inauguration TFH would be a *dazzling* addition to my
> collection!
>
> Bob

It's yours ;-)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... <sigh>

As for kitchen gadgets, I've never purchased one off the TV.
I've been more likely to buy one when I perused the cooking gadget
section at the store. :-)

Or saw a cool idea here.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

That Tilia infomercial made me want one of my very own.
I didn't order it from the Call Now! advertisement, but I did
buy one online. I'm happy as a clam with the thing.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Of the people who bought something off of TV ... what did you get?

I bought the Magic Bullet. It is a glorified smoothie maker. I can't do
anything else with it as it turns everything into a smoothie. Chicken salad
smoothie not so good. OK it's is pretty good spread on bread. Just not
right texture.

For what it does do make smoothie it does it wonderfully.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"King's Crown" > wrote in message

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> Of the people who bought something off of TV ... what did you get?
>
> I bought the Magic Bullet. It is a glorified smoothie maker. I can't do
> anything else with it as it turns everything into a smoothie. Chicken
> salad smoothie not so good. OK it's is pretty good spread on bread. Just
> not right texture.
>
> For what it does do make smoothie it does it wonderfully.
>
> Lynne

I bought the Ultimate chopper. I used it a lot until I got my small
food processor, and still use it sometimes. I found it new, still in the box
at a yd. sale f or 10.00. I also have the Express 101 for our van camper
and used it a lot at first, but lately I've been packing homemade frozen
dinners since we don't sit still long enough to do anything but micro a
quick meal. I bought it at the home shopping network outlet in Toronto.
....Sharon in Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

biig wrote:

> "King's Crown" > wrote in message

>> I bought the Magic Bullet.

> I bought the Ultimate chopper.

Don't you just love the names of these gadgets? I know I do.

A few more I've heard lately: FlavorWave oven, Titan peeler, Meatball
Magic...

What else?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> biig wrote:
> >
> > "King's Crown" > wrote in message

> >> I bought the Magic Bullet.

> > I bought the Ultimate chopper.

> Don't you just love the names of these gadgets? I know I do.
>
> A few more I've heard lately: FlavorWave oven, Titan peeler, Meatball
> Magic...
>
> What else?

CC, please check your e-mail. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

Who remembers the Hand-Hammered Wok From The People's Republic of
China? A British guy sold them on TV. I got one, but not from the
"operators standing by". I found it at a local department store (the
old Stix Baer and Fuller for you STLers). That way I could actually
look at it. That had to be 25 years ago. Still have it, still use it.
Made stir-fry with it last night.

The only other thing I've really been tempted by was that can-opener
that supposedly slices the seam of the lid, leaving a nice smooth edge.
I would have to get that from a store though, so if it didn't work I
could take it back easily.

Brian

--
Day 203 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> biig wrote:
>>
>> "King's Crown" > wrote in message

>>> I bought the Magic Bullet.

>> I bought the Ultimate chopper.

> Don't you just love the names of these gadgets? I know I do.
>
> A few more I've heard lately: FlavorWave oven, Titan peeler, Meatball
> Magic...
>
> What else?

What ****es me off about these TV gadgets is that they improve them and
because I bought one when they first came out, and they still work, I
haven't gotten the improved versions. Examples: Foodsaver bought in 2001.
Still works, but there are many bells and whistles that I'd like to have but
can't justify while my old one works. George Foreman: same, it is the
original version; no temp control, no bun warmer, but it still works fine.

> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> The only other thing I've really been tempted by was that can-opener
> that supposedly slices the seam of the lid, leaving a nice smooth edge.
> I would have to get that from a store though, so if it didn't work I
> could take it back easily.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing, but my sister has one
that cuts on the side, right under the seam of the lid. It looks
smooth, but I bet it is wicked sharp. Also, the seam gives a lot of
rigidity to the can. Once it is off, the can feels pretty floppy.
Still, that's what she likes, and it works really well for opening cans.
I prefer the kind that cuts on the top.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> The plastic mandolin still serves me well.
> A couple of the Ginsu steak knives

Why does it not surprise that you bought at least two "on tv crappy
gadgets" Andy the loser?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> That Tilia infomercial made me want one of my very own.
> I didn't order it from the Call Now! advertisement, but I did
> buy one online. *I'm happy as a clam with the thing.

I bought my first Tilia based on an RFC review many years
ago. I think we're on our third model now. Purchased at
Costco this time.

We have assorted devices that we've seen on infomercials,
some in regular use like the Magic Bullet at our place or the
George Forman grill that both grow up daighters keep on
their counters. Others eventually migrated out to the garage
then got trashed.

We use the Aerogarden as a kitchen night light that happens
to produce fresh herbs.