Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Top Chef Masters

I am so glad Rick Bayless won Top Chef Masters last night. I liked
Hubert Keller but I am a little down on French food these days and
Michael Chiarello doesn't add to Italian cuisine what Rick Bayless
adds to Mexican food, although his food looked good. I'd love to go
to Topolabamba or the Frontera Grill and next time in Chicago, I will.
Interestingly enough, for those of you who remember, I think Rick
Bayless was not always called Rick Bayless. I think when he was
younger he was actually the real Howdy Doody. His voice is a dead
give away. I wonder if Rick has a twin brother called Double Bayless
like Howdy's brother, Double Doody. Padma can be the Indian Princess
Summer Fall Winter Spring, Hubert Keller could be Clarabelle,
Chiarello could be Buffalo Bob and Tom Collichio could be Dilly Dally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alan wrote:

> I am so glad Rick Bayless won Top Chef Masters last night. I liked
> Hubert Keller but I am a little down on French food these days and
> Michael Chiarello doesn't add to Italian cuisine what Rick Bayless
> adds to Mexican food, although his food looked good.

I forgot to mention earlier that I liked those old photos they had.
Especially Keller's wild-man black beard look. I really couldn't
recognize Bayless from the old pictures very well.

Brian

--
Day 199 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

Top Chef Masters dream team? Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 2 10-06-2010 08:09 AM
Finale of Top Chef Masters - spoilers Default User General Cooking 34 24-08-2009 05:14 PM
Top Chef - Masters Default User General Cooking 4 01-07-2009 10:34 AM
Tea masters Melinda Tea 16 03-06-2005 09:22 AM
Question for the Q masters MD Barbecue 3 03-10-2003 05:42 AM