Posted to rec.food.cooking
jj jj is offline

Default Carp + Raw Tiger Nuts = Bad Idea

This post is not about tiger testes.
Any Economist Magazine readers out there?
If so, did you catch the obituary of Benson the Carp?
Yes, carp as in fish, not complain.

http://www.economist.com/obituary/di...ry_id=14209766

Benson was found terminally floating and something called Tiger Nuts
may or may not have killed Benson. It seems raw tiger nuts are bad as
food for carp but cooked tiger nuts are not. Also (cooked?) tiger
nuts are used to make the Hispanic beverage Horchata.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyperus_esculentus

And that's one of the new things I "learneded" today.

Also, my requisite off topic political/healthcare related tidbit is
linked below. It is a delightful political comic by Tom Tomorrow
titled "What if Democrats Behaved More Like Republicans???"
Enjoy!
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/200...omo/index.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 11:46*am, (jj) wrote:
> This post is not about tiger testes.
> Any Economist Magazine readers out there?
> If so, did you catch the obituary of Benson the Carp?
> Yes, carp as in fish, not complain.
>
> http://www.economist.com/obituary/di...ry_id=14209766
>
> Benson was found terminally floating and something called Tiger Nuts
> may or may not have killed Benson. *It seems raw tiger nuts are bad as
> food for carp but cooked tiger nuts are not. *Also (cooked?) tiger
> nuts are used to make the Hispanic beverage Horchata.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyperus_esculentus
>
> And that's one of the new things I "learneded" today.
>
> Also, my requisite off topic political/healthcare related tidbit is
> linked below. It is a delightful political comic by Tom Tomorrow
> titled *"What if Democrats Behaved More Like Republicans???"
> Enjoy!http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/200...omo/index.html

I posted about this way last week.