Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rival Seal-a-meal V106

Anyone have one of these? Would you buy it again?

I've had satisfaction with Rival products in the past, though haven't
needed anything of theirs for years.

If you don't, FWIW, sells for ~$50.

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

KenK wrote:

> Anyone have one of these? Would you buy it again?
>
> I've had satisfaction with Rival products in the past, though haven't
> needed anything of theirs for years.
>
> If you don't, FWIW, sells for ~$50.
>
> TIA

I've had a few 'Seal-a-Meal' (SaM) units over the years. I liked the
previous SaM vacuum sealer (I forget the discontinued model #) I had,
but it 'croaked' and was replaced at no-cost by Rival with a model
VS230. IMNSHO, Rival has very good customer service.

The one feature of the current SaM VS230 I dislike is its 'footprint' on
the counter is too large. Oh, another feature of the VS230 that's
absent is there is no way to 'manually' seal a bag. If the vacuum
doesn't reach a certain point, the unit simply will not seal, forcing
the user to abort the task or start all over again. This often happens
when the bad is 'custom' sized with additional seals lines.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with it, and I hope to always have some sort
of vacuum sealer on hand, anywho ;D Most likely, I'd buy another Rival
if it was easily found. HTH.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:

> I've had satisfaction with Rival products in the past, though haven't
> needed anything of theirs for years.

A lot of their production has moved overseas,
with the inevitable consequences. I have one
of the last U.S.-made Rival crockpots, and I'm
happy with it. The Chinese-made crockpots were
subject to a big recall.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
KenK > wrote:

> Anyone have one of these? Would you buy it again?
>
> I've had satisfaction with Rival products in the past, though haven't
> needed anything of theirs for years.
>
> If you don't, FWIW, sells for ~$50.
>
> TIA

I don't know the particulars of that. I have a Tilia FoodSaver (vacuum)
that I like and I have my trusty 3M bag sealer (not a vac sealer) that I
wouldn't be without. I seal spaghetti sauce and soup broth in the bags,
label them, freeze them flat and then set them on edge in a box for long
term storage in the freezer.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Yes, I Can! blog - check it out

Rival Seal-A-Meal vs. Foodsaver? Any opinions welcome... todd Cooking Equipment 17 18-04-2005 03:09 PM
Rival Seal-A-Meal vs. Foodsaver? Any opinions welcome... todd Preserving 17 18-04-2005 03:09 PM
Rival Seal-A-Meal vs. Foodsaver? Any opinions welcome... todd General Cooking 17 18-04-2005 03:09 PM
Seal A Meal BigDog Barbecue 0 12-02-2005 08:40 AM
Anyone have a Rival Seal A Meal? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 3 05-01-2005 04:03 PM