Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default More about Julie & Julia

On Aug 12, 3:06*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> This is from Russ Parsons...the Food Editor of the LA Times...
>
> http://www.latimes.com/features/food...09aug12,0,7986...

When word of this film began coming out I thought I wouldn't be
interested in seeing it. I have been such a fan/disciple of Julia's
since the days of her first tv show on the Boston PBS channel that I
wouldn't need to see Meryl Streep trying to imitate her voice. But
the reviews and reactions have been so positive that I've changed my
mind. Maybe I can find a matinee showing and then stop at a market on
the way home to get to work in my kitchen. Sales of her books have
skyrocketed in recent days, which will I think benefit some charities
as well as creating some newly enthusiastic cooks.. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 12, 9:59*am, aem > wrote:
> On Aug 12, 3:06*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:> This is from Russ Parsons...the Food Editor of the LA Times...
>
> >http://www.latimes.com/features/food...09aug12,0,7986...

> When word of this film began coming out I thought I wouldn't be
> interested in seeing it. *I have been such a fan/disciple of Julia's
> since the days of her first tv show on the Boston PBS channel that I
> wouldn't need to see Meryl Streep trying to imitate her voice. *But
> the reviews and reactions have been so positive that I've changed my
> mind. *Maybe I can find a matinee showing and then stop at a market on
> the way home to get to work in my kitchen. *Sales of her books have
> skyrocketed in recent days, which will I think benefit some charities
> as well as creating some newly enthusiastic cooks.. * * *-aem

The review I heard on MPR (Fresh Air ?) said that Ms Streep doesn't
imitate Julia as much as "channels" her. The clip I heard was
positively uncanny!
Lynn in Fargo
read BOTH books!