Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lettuce Leaf Basil

Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of you were
interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how large an average
leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your sandwiches -- one of these
leaves should do the job of covering the bread.
http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/

Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:07:26 -0600, "Janet Bostwick"
> wrote:

>Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of you were
>interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how large an average
>leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your sandwiches -- one of these
>leaves should do the job of covering the bread.
>http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/

Holy cow! That's basil on steroids. How does it taste?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Does it have a Latin name ?

Steve

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of you were
> interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how large an average
> leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your sandwiches -- one of these
> leaves should do the job of covering the bread.
> http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/
>
> Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of
> you were interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how
> large an average leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your
> sandwiches -- one of these leaves should do the job of covering the
> bread. http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/

I love that! Cool pictures.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Y" > wrote in message
> Does it have a Latin name ?
>
> Steve

Wikipedia says it is a large leaf variety of Ocimum basilicum

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:07:26 -0600, "Janet Bostwick"
> > wrote:
>
>>Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of you
>>were
>>interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how large an average
>>leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your sandwiches -- one of these
>>leaves should do the job of covering the bread.
>>http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/
>>

> Holy cow! That's basil on steroids. How does it taste?

I think it is a little sweeter. Certainly very pleasant to taste and very
fragrant.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of
>> you were interested. I've posted a photo so that you can see how
>> large an average leaf is. I know some of you use basil in your
>> sandwiches -- one of these leaves should do the job of covering the
>> bread. http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/

> I love that! Cool pictures.
> nancy

Thank you.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 2:47*pm, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> ... > On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:07:26 -0600, "Janet Bostwick"
> > > wrote:

> >>Last season I mentioned that I grew Lettuce Leaf Basil and some of you
> >>were
> >>interested. *I've posted a photo so that you can see how large an average
> >>leaf is. *I know some of you use basil in your sandwiches -- one of these
> >>leaves should do the job of covering the bread.
> >>http://janetbostwick349.fotopic.net/

> > Holy cow! *That's basil on steroids. *How does it taste?

> I think it is a little sweeter. *Certainly very pleasant to taste and very
> fragrant.
> Janet

I'm growing some regular old basil, and the other day I picked a fresh
red tomato, a couple of the tops of my basil plants, cubed up the
tomato, kinds rough minced the basil plant tops, sliced a fresh
mushroom thinly, sliced up couple of black olives, and "peeler" sliced
up a carrot, put a little freshly ground black pepper and just a touch
of some creamy Italian dressing on, tossed and called it salad! YUM!!

Meant to take a pic of it, but the batteries in my camera were on
charge and I ate it too fast! ;-)

John Kuthe...