Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Little Itch

Home grown beebleberries:
http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg

This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
haven't died.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 31, 7:33*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> Home grown beebleberries:http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>
> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
> haven't died.

Beautiful berries! Are you going to eat those as is or are muffins or
pancakes in your near future?? Did your bushes produce enough for you
to can or freeze??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> "brooklyn1" wrote:
>
> Home grown beebleberries:http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>
> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
> haven't died.

Beautiful berries! Are you going to eat those as is or are muffins or
pancakes in your near future?? Did your bushes produce enough for you
to can or freeze??

I have 12 bushes, four kinds, 3 of each, that produce early, mid season, and
late.... I get a bowlful as pictured each day. Most I eat as is, freshly
picked blueberries are too good to use for baking/cooking.... there is no
comparison to store bought. Some I eat with vanilla ice cream or vanilla
yogurt or cotage cheese. I recommend that anyone who has a sunny spot and
they don't intend to move anytime soon that they plant as many blueberry
bushes as they have room. Blueberries are a long lived plant, they grow
slow and steady over many life times. My bushes are farily small so I don't
get too many berries but each year I get more. They were seven year old
bushes when I planted them three yrears ago. Blueberry bushes should be
planted like five feet apart as they will become quite large in time. In
another three years I will have to begin cooking and freezing some.
Actually I picked enough to fully fill that bowl but they are so good that I
eat half while picking. You should see the frustrated crows attacking my
netting... I feel sorry for them, they look like they will have a stroke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"brooklyn1" > wrote:

> Home grown beebleberries:
> http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>
> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
> haven't died.

Little beauties. :-)
A sprinkling of turbinado sugar and a bit of sour cream, and I'd be good
to go!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>
>> Home grown beebleberries:
>> http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>>
>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>>
>> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
>> haven't died.

> Little beauties. :-)
> A sprinkling of turbinado sugar and a bit of sour cream, and I'd be good
> to go!

Fresh picked really needs no sugar but they'd go well with sour cream.
\

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> Home grown beebleberries:
> http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>
> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
> haven't died.

Torrential rains here, too, Sheldon.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
> Home grown beebleberries:
> http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>
> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
> haven't died.

Mmmm... so plump and sweet, they look ready to burst.<sigh> Color me
jealous.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 02:42:22 GMT, "brooklyn1"
> wrote:

>"Omelet" > wrote in message
>news
>> In article >,
>> "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>>
>>> Home grown beebleberries:
>>> http://i27.tinypic.com/1ramw3.jpg
>>>
>>> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vxlvyo.jpg
>>>
>>> This year my garden is totally drowned, I'm happy my blueberry bushes
>>> haven't died.

>> Little beauties. :-)
>> A sprinkling of turbinado sugar and a bit of sour cream, and I'd be good
>> to go!
>>

>Fresh picked really needs no sugar but they'd go well with sour cream.

Amen, Amen. I picked those as a kid for our breakfast table. I got
them in corn flakes and wheaties. Ah, the bliss!!!

We thought ourselves near-poor, but we kids didn't know how good
we had it,

till later.

Alex