Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Had dinner at Outback Steakhouse

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:21:38 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> blake wrote:
>
>>> Some friend I'll be if the pack wants to go to the Outback, and I stay
>>> home because they server half-cooked meat. Even better, maybe I'll order
>>> take-out from Texas Roadhouse, and carry it in to Outback Steakhouse.
>>> When
>>> they tell me I can't bring it in there, I'll say, "Why not? You say you
>>> don't serve well-done meat, and I wanted well-done meat, but I also
>>> wanted
>>> to eat with my friends. So here I am. I get what I want, you get what
>>> you want. I get well-done meat, and you don't have to serve it to me."
>>>
>>> And why should the employee care? The only reason he gets upset at
>>> seeing
>>> me come in with take-out from another restaurant is because he's afraid
>>> of
>>> getting in trouble with his supervisor for letting me in. The supervisor
>>> might be more reasonable if I tell him at least I'll be having a soda.
>>>

>> almost no restaurant i know of will let you bring in food from elsewhere.
>> if you don't like the way they cook beef, order shrimp or chicken. or eat
>> salad and vegetables.

> From the restaurant manager's point of view, if someone brings in food from
> elsewhere and then gets sick in his restaurant, who do you think will be
> blamed for the sickness?
>
> Bob

...and pay for the table setting, labor, and all the other stuff.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:36:06 -0500, Damaeus wrote:

> Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
> "Bob Terwilliger" > posted:
>
>> blake wrote:
>>
>>> almost no restaurant i know of will let you bring in food from elsewhere.
>>> if you don't like the way they cook beef, order shrimp or chicken. or eat
>>> salad and vegetables.

>> From the restaurant manager's point of view, if someone brings in food from
>> elsewhere and then gets sick in his restaurant, who do you think will be
>> blamed for the sickness?

> He's an idiot if he thinks I'd blame him for making me sick with food from
> another restaurant.
>
> Damaeus

he might already think you're an idiot if you see nothing wrong with
bringing another restaurant's food into his.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 7:36*am, Andy > wrote:
> Omelet said...
>

> > In article
> > >,
> > *John Kuthe > wrote:

> >> Ugh! Saturated fat heaven! Best thing in the world to accelerate
> >> atherosclerosis!

> >> John Kuthe...

> > You worry too much.

> Heh heh heh heh heh!
>
> Andy
> Eat, drink and be merry- Hide quoted text -

Hey, I am...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 1:17*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:15:18 -0400, blake murphy
>
> > wrote:
> >i like the blooming onion and i think they do a good job on the steaks.
> >the salads aren't much. *

> *I can only say that if I wanted a salad, Outback isn't the first
> place that pops into my mind.
>
> >it's pretty good value for the money.

> I should google an Outback menu. *We have a local chain called
> Cattlemen's that I like a lot, but I have to travel over bridges and
> the better part of an hour to get to one.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I remember going to one in Santa Rosa when I lived there as a kid/
teen...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:51:18 -0700 (PDT), Merryb >
wrote:

>I remember going to one in Santa Rosa when I lived there as a kid/
>teen...

It's still there! There's one practically next door in Petaluma too.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> >> the dipping sauce for the onion has a nice little zip to it.
> >>
> >> yourpal,
> >> blake

> > Iirc, it contains Horseradish.

> making the sauce wouldn't be the problem that sectioning, breading, and
> deep-frying the onion would be. i'll leave it to them, i think.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I've only ever had 3 of them in the past 20 years or so. They are quite
tasty, but best shared by at least 6 people imho as an appetizer. ;-)

I most often end up taking most of my entree' home. I'm just not in to
gorging myself and have not been so in many years.

I don't like feeling sick after I eat thank you.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:03:03 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> I remember getting whole fried onions at the local Renaissance Faire
>>> back in the '70s and '80s but can't imagine tucking into something
>>> like that today.
>>>

>> I never saw them that early. Just the smoked turkey legs.
>>

> Turkey legs aren't my thing. They had a yummy sandwich that was
> grilled in some contraption that I always went for.

sf - That sounds good also... I like visiting community events if for no
other reason, than to check out the food stalls. You never know what
you'll find.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
blake murphy > posted:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:36:06 -0500, Damaeus wrote:
>
> > Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,

> >> From the restaurant manager's point of view, if someone brings in food from
> >> elsewhere and then gets sick in his restaurant, who do you think will be
> >> blamed for the sickness?

> > He's an idiot if he thinks I'd blame him for making me sick with food from
> > another restaurant.

> he might already think you're an idiot if you see nothing wrong with
> bringing another restaurant's food into his.

And I think he's an idiot if he thinks I should eat raw meat just because
he thinks it's best.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:54:47 -0500, Damaeus
> wrote:

>And I think he's an idiot if he thinks I should eat raw meat just because
>he thinks it's best.

I'm sure they serve something other than raw beef. If you really want
to eat there, order something other than a steak.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:54:47 -0500, Damaeus
> > wrote:
>
>>And I think he's an idiot if he thinks I should eat raw meat just because
>>he thinks it's best.

> I'm sure they serve something other than raw beef. If you really want
> to eat there, order something other than a steak.

No, NO, NO, Damaeus needs to force them to overcook his meat!