Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Default Breakfast Burritos

Breakfast Burritos

4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
1 Tablespoon re-hydrated dried chopped onion

1 Tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned)
1 Tablespoon diced tomatoes (canned, drain liquid)
4 eggs, beaten to oblivion
salt, pepper
4 8-inch flour tortillas
4 slices REAL American cheese

On the side: PaceŽ Picante Sauce

COOKING your Breakfast Burrito:

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
minutes or until the sausage is browned.

2. Add the mild green chilies and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 1
minute.

3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the
sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

4. Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist
paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.

5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves
end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.

6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese
in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the
tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve
hot with salsa on the side, if desired. Makes 4 burritos.

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:34:26 +0100, Ronald McDonald. <eat@up.****s>
wrote:

>Breakfast Burritos
>
>4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
>1 Tablespoon re-hydrated dried chopped onion
>
>1 Tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned)
>1 Tablespoon diced tomatoes (canned, drain liquid)
>4 eggs, beaten to oblivion
>salt, pepper
>4 8-inch flour tortillas
>4 slices REAL American cheese
>
>On the side: PaceŽ Picante Sauce
>
>COOKING your Breakfast Burrito:
>
>1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
>pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
>minutes or until the sausage is browned.
>
>2. Add the mild green chilies and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 1
>minute.
>
>3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the
>sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
>
>4. Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist
>paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
>
>5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves
>end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
>
>6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese
>in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
>fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the
>tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve
>hot with salsa on the side, if desired. Makes 4 burritos.

Alternatively, save yourself a lot of time and trouble by walking into
McDonalds and buying one.
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Jul 25, 9:12*am, wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:34:26 +0100, Ronald McDonald. <e...@up.****s>
> wrote:
>

> >Breakfast Burritos

> >4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
> >1 Tablespoon re-hydrated dried chopped onion

> >1 Tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned)
> >1 Tablespoon diced tomatoes (canned, drain liquid)
> >4 eggs, beaten to oblivion
> >salt, pepper
> >4 8-inch flour tortillas
> >4 slices REAL American cheese

> >On the side: PaceŽ Picante Sauce

> >COOKING your Breakfast Burrito:

> >1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
> >pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
> >minutes or until the sausage is browned.

> >2. Add the mild green chilies and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 1
> >minute.

> >3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the
> >sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

> >4. Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist
> >paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.

> >5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves
> >end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.

> >6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese
> >in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
> >fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the
> >tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve
> >hot with salsa on the side, if desired. *Makes 4 burritos.

> Alternatively, save yourself a lot of time and trouble by walking into
> McDonalds and buying one.- Hide quoted text -

I don't think he can...I think he has to wear an ankle monitor.
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Jul 25, 9:12*am, wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:34:26 +0100, Ronald McDonald. <e...@up.****s>
> wrote:
>

> >Breakfast Burritos

> >4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
> >1 Tablespoon re-hydrated dried chopped onion

> >1 Tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned)
> >1 Tablespoon diced tomatoes (canned, drain liquid)
> >4 eggs, beaten to oblivion
> >salt, pepper
> >4 8-inch flour tortillas
> >4 slices REAL American cheese

> >On the side: PaceŽ Picante Sauce

> >COOKING your Breakfast Burrito:

> >1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
> >pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
> >minutes or until the sausage is browned.

> >2. Add the mild green chilies and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 1
> >minute.

> >3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the
> >sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

> >4. Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist
> >paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.

> >5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves
> >end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.

> >6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese
> >in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
> >fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the
> >tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve
> >hot with salsa on the side, if desired. *Makes 4 burritos.

> Alternatively, save yourself a lot of time and trouble by walking into
> McDonalds and buying one.- Hide quoted text -

The hottest salsa I ever had, including the whole state of California
and parts of Mexico was, in Coventry.
No wonder Lady G had to take her kit off.
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Jul 25, 4:22*pm, SeaWoe > wrote:
> On Jul 25, 9:12*am, wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:34:26 +0100, Ronald McDonald. <e...@up.****s>
> > wrote:

> > >Breakfast Burritos

> > >4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
> > >1 Tablespoon re-hydrated dried chopped onion

> > >1 Tablespoon minced mild green chilies (canned)
> > >1 Tablespoon diced tomatoes (canned, drain liquid)
> > >4 eggs, beaten to oblivion
> > >salt, pepper
> > >4 8-inch flour tortillas
> > >4 slices REAL American cheese

> > >On the side: PaceŽ Picante Sauce

> > >COOKING your Breakfast Burrito:

> > >1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
> > >pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
> > >minutes or until the sausage is browned.

> > >2. Add the mild green chilies and tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 1
> > >minute.

> > >3. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the
> > >sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

> > >4. Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist
> > >paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.

> > >5. Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves
> > >end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.

> > >6. To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese
> > >in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then
> > >fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the
> > >tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve
> > >hot with salsa on the side, if desired. *Makes 4 burritos.

> > Alternatively, save yourself a lot of time and trouble by walking into
> > McDonalds and buying one.- Hide quoted text -

> The hottest salsa I ever had, including the whole state of California
> and parts of Mexico was, in Coventry.
> No wonder Lady G had to take her kit off.

There's a restaurant called Los Dos Molinos in Springerville, AZ that
was really seriously hot. They also have restaurants in Phoenix, Mesa
and New York City.
http://www.losdosmolinosnyc.com/
The food was good, not quite up to the standards of NM, but still
quite good. The salsa was...well, the green was hot, but edible. The
red was downright dangerous. I ate more of it than I should have, and
the skin around my lips burned for a long time.

I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
capsaicin extract:
http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
DO NOT order The Sizzler!

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo BonoboŽ
> wrote:

>I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
>capsaicin extract:
>http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
>DO NOT order The Sizzler!

Why are you xposting?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food
jon jon is offline

Ronald McDonald. wrote:
> Breakfast Burritos

I'am a Britisher, I don't want ****ing burritos for breakfast, I want
Devilled kidneys and curried eggs just like any other normal God fearing
Englishman.

JOHN CHEESE GO HOME!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 12:45*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo BonoboŽ
>
> > wrote:
>
> >I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
> >capsaicin extract:
> >http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
> >DO NOT order The Sizzler!

> Why are you xposting?

Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.

Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?

--Bryan
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

"jon" > wrote in message
> Ronald McDonald. wrote:
>> Breakfast Burritos

> I'am a Britisher, I don't want ****ing burritos for breakfast, I want
> Devilled kidneys and curried eggs just like any other normal God fearing
> Englishman.

I'm not afraid of God but the thought of Devilled Kidneys scare the hell out
of me.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo BonoboŽ wrote:
> On Jul 26, 12:45 am, sf > wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo BonoboŽ
>>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
>>> capsaicin extract:
>>> http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
>>> DO NOT order The Sizzler!

>> Why are you xposting?
>>

> Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.
>
> Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?
>
> --Bryan

Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want
to know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?

Bob
Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

"George Leppla" > wrote in message

> I'm not afraid of God but the thought of Devilled Kidneys scare the hell
> out of me.

Not nearly as scary as AVLV! ;-)

Ian

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> Bobo BonoboŽ wrote:
>> On Jul 26, 12:45 am, sf > wrote:
>>> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo BonoboŽ

>>> Why are you xposting?
>>>

>> Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.
>>
>> Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?
>>
>> --Bryan

> Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
> every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want to
> know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?

It's only Usenet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
>> Bobo BonoboŽ wrote:

>>> Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.
>>>
>>> Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
>> every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want to
>> know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?
>>

> It's only Usenet.

okay... than why not just have one huge pool we can all cannon-ball into?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:14:42 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
>every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want
>to know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?

He can post away to the fast food group from now until the cows come
home. No one except a few xposters from here read it anyway. Most of
the other groups care or even know who he is other than an egomaniac
who is incapable of editing news groups and thinks everybody hangs on
his every word.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:14:42 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>cybercat wrote:

>>> Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
>>> every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want to
>>> know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?
>>>

>> It's only Usenet.
>>

>okay... than why not just have one huge pool we can all cannon-ball into?

She was kidding.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:14:42 -0400, Bob Muncie >
> wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> It's only Usenet.
>>>

>> okay... than why not just have one huge pool we can all cannon-ball into?

> She was kidding.

I realize she has a snarky personality <g>, but I was making a point for
others that might have agreed with the sentiment.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:14:42 -0400, Bob Muncie >
>> wrote:

>>> okay... than why not just have one huge pool we can all cannon-ball
>>> into?

>> She was kidding.
>>

> I realize she has a snarky personality <g>, but I was making a point for
> others that might have agreed with the sentiment.

I wasn't kidding. By its very nature Usenet is a cesspool. When it is more
interesting and meaningful we are lucky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 11:04*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:14:42 -0400, Bob Muncie >
> wrote:
>
> >Does their need to be an aversion to keep from doing things that waste
> >every one else's time? I'm sure the people on the fast food group want
> >to know how to *make* a breakfast burrito... right?

> He can post away to the fast food group from now until the cows come
> home. *No one except a few xposters from here read it anyway. *Most of
> the other groups care or even know who he is other than an egomaniac
> who is incapable of editing news groups and thinks everybody hangs on
> his every word.

I'm not incapable, but from now on I'll make sure that I don't. I was
leaning that way anyway. I'm not delusional, and believe that more
than half of the folks here pretty much ignore me.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:48:12 -0700 (PDT), Bobo BonoboŽ
> wrote:

>I'm not incapable, but from now on I'll make sure that I don't. I was
>leaning that way anyway. I'm not delusional, and believe that more
>than half of the folks here pretty much ignore me.

thank you!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Ronald McDonald. <eat@up.****s> posted:

> Breakfast Burritos
>
> 4 ounces Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
>
> 1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the
> pan, then add the onion. Saut+AOk- the sausage and onion for 3 to 4
> minutes or until the sausage is browned.

Stopping there, I have never liked Jimmy Dean sausage, nor any other brand
of "raw" sausage meat I must cook to well done before consuming. It never
fails that I find bone chips, gristle and other nasties in it, no matter
what brand it is.

However!!! McDonald's breakfast sausage patties I'm usually pleased with.
Wal-Mart used to sell Country Cousins precooked breakfast sausage patties
that tasted exactly like the ones from McDonald's. Now they're sold under
the Great Value house brand, but still have the same quality, as far as I
can tell. So I go with those. Even for pizza, I can thaw one a little
and chop it into squares to distribute on a pizza for a "pork sausage"
taste, or I chop it up and put it in gravy for biscuits and gravy. Works
beautifully for that.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
sf > posted:

> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo+AK4-
> > wrote:
>
> >I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
> >capsaicin extract:
> >http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
> >DO NOT order The Sizzler!

> Why are you xposting?

Because he's free to do so.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Bobo Bonobo+AK4- > posted:

> On Jul 26, 12:45+AKA-am, sf > wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo+AK4-
> >
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >I've had hotter, but that was intentionally made too hot to eat with
> > >capsaicin extract:
> > >http://www.mallofthe4states.com/cont...2/casa-montez/
> > >DO NOT order The Sizzler!

> > Why are you xposting?

> Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.
>
> Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?

I'm with you. Net nanny posting morality gone haywire. Some people like
to post and try to defend everyone else's computer screen. But nobody is
forcing them to visit the other newsgroups and download the message there.

Threads I've participated in have been broken and I've missed parts of the
threads when people posting in newsgroups I don't read, cutting out the
newsgroup I'm reading from.

I remember reading in alt.politics a message that was crossposted to
alt.drugs.pot. Someone replied to me from alt.drugs.pot, but since I was
reading in alt.politics, I didn't even find their message until months
later...because they cut the group I was reading from.

So I say to all these usenet nannies, stop harrassing people about
crossposting. It's none of your business. And don't change the headers.
The person you're replying to might not be in the same group you're
reading from.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
"cybercat" > posted:

> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
>
> > I realize she has a snarky personality <g>, but I was making a point for
> > others that might have agreed with the sentiment.

> I wasn't kidding. By its very nature Usenet is a cesspool. When it is more
> interesting and meaningful we are lucky.

Sometimes groups have low numbers of posters. By crossposting to multiple
groups, you get a larger pool of people contributing, making for longer,
more interesting threads. Probably one of the reasons usenet is dying is
because of the incomplete threads caused by people jacking with the
headers, thinking they know what's best. How about just leaving them
alone? It does NOT hurt to crosspost, because the server only stores one
copy of the message. It's not like 6 different messages are stored. The
only thing crossposting does is make the message available from more than
one newsgroup.

The bigger problem now is people overquoting. I'd rather see more
crossposts and fewer overquotes. If people want to police something,
police overquoting.

Damaeus

Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.media.tv.misc,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
jon > posted:

> Ronald McDonald. wrote:
> > Breakfast Burritos

> I'am a Britisher, I don't want ****ing burritos for breakfast, I want
> Devilled kidneys

You want to eat parts of an animal that were used to filter waste from the
body? Sounds like they're deviled before they're even cut out to be
served. Honestly, why do you eat that...garbage?

> and curried eggs just like any other normal God fearing Englishman.

The color of curried eggs would make me want to gag. I even have a hard
time eating rice with turmeric in it.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damaeus wrote:
> Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
> "cybercat" > posted:
>
>> "Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I realize she has a snarky personality <g>, but I was making a point for
>>> others that might have agreed with the sentiment.

>> I wasn't kidding. By its very nature Usenet is a cesspool. When it is more
>> interesting and meaningful we are lucky.

> Sometimes groups have low numbers of posters. By crossposting to multiple
> groups, you get a larger pool of people contributing, making for longer,
> more interesting threads. Probably one of the reasons usenet is dying is
> because of the incomplete threads caused by people jacking with the
> headers, thinking they know what's best. How about just leaving them
> alone? It does NOT hurt to crosspost, because the server only stores one
> copy of the message. It's not like 6 different messages are stored. The
> only thing crossposting does is make the message available from more than
> one newsgroup.
>
> The bigger problem now is people overquoting. I'd rather see more
> crossposts and fewer overquotes. If people want to police something,
> police overquoting.
>
> Damaeus

Damaeus - I would not have issue with x-posting where there is synergy.
I don't see much of that in the groups being cross posted to.

If I was interested in fast food as I love In & Outs, and wanted to
argue that Culvers is in NO WAY as good, I'd post to the
alt.food.fast-food group, not the rec.food.cooking group.

If you have a subject title of "breakfast burritos" that I see in that
group, I'd find it highly annoying to find it giving a recipe on how to
make one.

Back to my "in the pool" analogy, if every one was doing that, what
would be the point in even having the 72 ~ 100K groups that exist? Lets
all just jump in the same pool.

If you can't stay within the common sense boundry of a group, you should
not be subscribed to it, or X-posting to others you are not subscribed to.

Common sense... just like driving.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damaeus wrote:
> Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
> Bobo Bonobo+AK4- <classact+AEA-brick.net> posted:
>
>> On Jul 26, 12:45 am, sf <s...+AEA-geemail.com> wrote:

>>> Why are you xposting?

>> Not everyone has the same aversion to x-posting as you do.
>>
>> Did a cross post abuse you when you were young?

> I'm with you. Net nanny posting morality gone haywire. Some people like
> to post and try to defend everyone else's computer screen. But nobody is
> forcing them to visit the other newsgroups and download the message there.
>
> Threads I've participated in have been broken and I've missed parts of the
> threads when people posting in newsgroups I don't read, cutting out the
> newsgroup I'm reading from.
>
> I remember reading in alt.politics a message that was crossposted to
> alt.drugs.pot. Someone replied to me from alt.drugs.pot, but since I was
> reading in alt.politics, I didn't even find their message until months
> later...because they cut the group I was reading from.
>
> So I say to all these usenet nannies, stop harrassing people about
> crossposting. It's none of your business. And don't change the headers.
> The person you're replying to might not be in the same group you're
> reading from.
>
> Damaeus

Damaeus - You could always start a group... alt.Dam.and.Bryan.discussion
if you so like, than you wouldn't be annoying others with OT x-posting.

I know, I could just plonk, but a do like much of what you post, so I
would consider that my loss.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Bob Muncie > posted:

> Damaeus - I would not have issue with x-posting where there is synergy.
> I don't see much of that in the groups being cross posted to.
>
> If I was interested in fast food as I love In & Outs, and wanted to
> argue that Culvers is in NO WAY as good, I'd post to the
> alt.food.fast-food group, not the rec.food.cooking group.
>
> If you have a subject title of "breakfast burritos" that I see in that
> group, I'd find it highly annoying to find it giving a recipe on how to
> make one.

I wouldn't be. If I like fast food, replication recipes would be welcomed
to me. Until a usenet authority comes into being, I'd say it's a free for
all. If I had control of usenet, I'd go through and reorganize
everything, combine groups that obviously share the same topic.

Damaeus

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in

And Bob said:
> Damaeus - You could always start a group... alt.Dam.and.Bryan.discussion
> if you so like, than you wouldn't be annoying others with OT x-posting.
>
> I know, I could just plonk, but a do like much of what you post, so I
> would consider that my loss.

Lighten up. Post Policeman does not become you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Bob Muncie > posted:

> Damaeus - You could always start a group... alt.Dam.and.Bryan.discussion
> if you so like, than you wouldn't be annoying others with OT x-posting.
>
> I know, I could just plonk, but a do like much of what you post, so I
> would consider that my loss.

Thanks. I don't start off-topic threads, but if someone else posts
something, I will reply. Why? Well, suppose someone makes a political
post. I don't mind reading about politics in a cooking newsgroup. I'm
familiar with the other people in the group as they discuss cooking
topics, and I like reading what they have to say about other issues.

Damaeus
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:27:01 -0500, Damaeus
> wrote:

>I'm with you. Net nanny posting morality gone haywire. Some people like
>to post and try to defend everyone else's computer screen. But nobody is
>forcing them to visit the other newsgroups and download the message there.

Ever stop to think that the other news groups don't want to see your
drivel?

>Threads I've participated in have been broken and I've missed parts of the
>threads when people posting in newsgroups I don't read, cutting out the
>newsgroup I'm reading from.

Poor little you. YOU have to go to the other news groups to find out
what you're missing.

>I remember reading in alt.politics a message that was crossposted to
>alt.drugs.pot. Someone replied to me from alt.drugs.pot, but since I was
>reading in alt.politics, I didn't even find their message until months
>later...because they cut the group I was reading from.

It's up to you to do the research, since you're the one propagating
xposts. Nobody wants to hear from people who are xposting from other
groups.

>So I say to all these usenet nannies, stop harrassing people about
>crossposting. It's none of your business. And don't change the headers.
>The person you're replying to might not be in the same group you're
>reading from.

Damaeus, you're too egotistical for your own well being. If you don't
subscribe to a group, don't xpost to it. We'll continue to trim and
it's up to *you* to figure out where a rely is located.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:52:18 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>I know, I could just plonk, but a do like much of what you post, so I
>would consider that my loss.

Plonk him anyway.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damaeus wrote:
> Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
> Bob Muncie > posted:
>
>> Damaeus - I would not have issue with x-posting where there is synergy.
>> I don't see much of that in the groups being cross posted to.
>>
>> If I was interested in fast food as I love In & Outs, and wanted to
>> argue that Culvers is in NO WAY as good, I'd post to the
>> alt.food.fast-food group, not the rec.food.cooking group.
>>
>> If you have a subject title of "breakfast burritos" that I see in that
>> group, I'd find it highly annoying to find it giving a recipe on how to
>> make one.

> I wouldn't be. If I like fast food, replication recipes would be welcomed
> to me. Until a usenet authority comes into being, I'd say it's a free for
> all. If I had control of usenet, I'd go through and reorganize
> everything, combine groups that obviously share the same topic.
>
> Damaeus

<SIGH>... Guess I'll just shut the hell up now on this topic.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 3:49*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Damaeus wrote:
> > Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,

> >> I wasn't kidding. By its very nature Usenet is a cesspool. When it is more
> >> interesting and meaningful we are lucky.

> > Sometimes groups have low numbers of posters. *By crossposting to multiple
> > groups, you get a larger pool of people contributing, making for longer,
> > more interesting threads. *Probably one of the reasons usenet is dying is
> > because of the incomplete threads caused by people jacking with the
> > headers, thinking they know what's best. *How about just leaving them
> > alone? *It does NOT hurt to crosspost, because the server only stores one
> > copy of the message. *It's not like 6 different messages are stored. *The
> > only thing crossposting does is make the message available from more than
> > one newsgroup.

> > The bigger problem now is people overquoting. *I'd rather see more
> > crossposts and fewer overquotes. *If people want to police something,
> > police overquoting.

> > Damaeus

> Damaeus - I would not have issue with x-posting where there is synergy.
> I don't see much of that in the groups being cross posted to.
>
> If I was interested in fast food as I love In & Outs, and wanted to
> argue that Culvers is in NO WAY as good, I'd post to the
> alt.food.fast-food group, not the rec.food.cooking group.
>
> If you have a subject title of "breakfast burritos" that I see in that
> group, I'd find it highly annoying to find it giving a recipe on how to
> make one.

I think the opposite. I think that the breakfast burrito topic is on
topic to both rfc and aff-f. A xpost to alt.fan.calista-flockhart
would not be appropriate, but since that group is hardly active,
what's the big deal?

> Bob

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast Burritos for the mentally challenged

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:27:01 -0500, Damaeus
> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>So I say to all these usenet nannies, stop harrassing people about
>crossposting. It's none of your business. And don't change the headers.
>The person you're replying to might not be in the same group you're
>reading from.

The smell of rank hypocrisy pervades ...

--

The difference between stupidity and genius
is that genius has its limits.

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 4:43*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Damaeus wrote:
> > Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
> > Bob Muncie > posted:

> >> Damaeus - I would not have issue with x-posting where there is synergy..
> >> I don't see much of that in the groups being cross posted to.

> >> If I was interested in fast food as I love In & Outs, and wanted to
> >> argue that Culvers is in NO WAY as good, I'd post to the
> >> alt.food.fast-food group, not the rec.food.cooking group.

> >> If you have a subject title of "breakfast burritos" that I see in that
> >> group, I'd find it highly annoying to find it giving a recipe on how to
> >> make one.

> > I wouldn't be. *If I like fast food, replication recipes would be welcomed
> > to me. *Until a usenet authority comes into being, I'd say it's a free for
> > all. *If I had control of usenet, I'd go through and reorganize
> > everything, combine groups that obviously share the same topic.

> > Damaeus

> <SIGH>... Guess I'll just shut the hell up now on this topic.

You are smart enough to realize you're fighting a useless battle.
When there are real conflicts, such as swinger advocates trying to
become dominate on rec.nude, I fully supported the creation of a
moderated group, alt.nudism.moderated. The latter is a very low
traffic group, but it offered a choice, and the moderator(s) were
real, traditional nudists who didn't want to shut down all debate, but
didn't want a newsgroup that was becoming dominated by those whose
beliefs were antithetical to their core principles to be the place
that they posted. Often posters xposted to rec.nude, but they only
*read* from the mod group.

I wonder if/when sf will realize that she's beating her head against a
brick wall.

> Bob

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Bobo Bonobo+AK4- > posted:

> You are smart enough to realize you're fighting a useless battle.
> When there are real conflicts, such as swinger advocates trying to
> become dominate on rec.nude, I fully supported the creation of a
> moderated group, alt.nudism.moderated. The latter is a very low
> traffic group, but it offered a choice, and the moderator(s) were
> real, traditional nudists who didn't want to shut down all debate, but
> didn't want a newsgroup that was becoming dominated by those whose
> beliefs were antithetical to their core principles to be the place
> that they posted. Often posters xposted to rec.nude, but they only
> *read* from the mod group.
>
> I wonder if/when sf will realize that she's beating her head against a
> brick wall.

Well, there's really no point in bickering about how people post. It's as
stupid as citizen's arrest. There's an old man in a town near here
(population +AH4-70,000) who, as stupid as this sounds, drives around in his
car with a big sign on it that says "CITIZEN'S PATROL". He is basically
an old man playing policeman in his car. He will cruise through parking
lots and first report people parking in handicapped spots without a
sticker, then when they come out, he'll walk up to them and claim they're
under citizen's arrest. He did that to one girl I used to work with and
she claimed that she laughed at him, got in her car, and drove away as he
yelled, "Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!" She said the man got in his
"patrol car" and chased her around the loop.

Well, I see these usenet nanny posters as ridiculous as these people who
run around in 2009 trying to place people under citizen's arrest. It's
just stupid. People are going to do what they're going to do, and when
someone calls them on it, they're going to be laughed at.

The people who actually nag others about their posting habits are usually
never personally affected by them. They just think they're upholding some
kind of usenet etiquette by making public denouncements of other people.
But those rules are really archaic ideals. And what's more, the people
admonishing others of crossposting are usually people who never trim their
posts! If anything is going to be pointed out, I'd rather it be the utter
lack of trimming. That is until Forte Agent finally comes up with a way
to hide all quoted text beyond a certain depth level.

The newsgroup talk.origins is one of the worst for overquoting. That
bunch is so nitpicky about posts that if you trim something, the other
posters think you're trying to hide the fact that you didn't respond to
it. So there, you often find 800-line posts with only ten lines of new
text. Quite a bit of overquoting goes on here, too, but this is cooking,
not a debate about whether the universe evolved, was created, has an
immortal destiny or some kind of nasty death.

Damaeus

Breakfast Burritos Tara General Cooking 7 14-04-2012 08:07 PM
Breakfast burritos Peter Aitken General Cooking 53 30-03-2006 06:49 PM
Breakfast Burritos Tim Recipes 0 29-06-2005 01:46 AM
Breakfast Burritos wolf971 Mexican Cooking 2 27-08-2004 05:22 AM