Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

Default WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PINK FLOYD SONG?

Mine is "Take It Back".

Yours?

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ Bottle Kids > wrote \_
> Mine is "Take It Back".
>
> Yours?

I got sick of Pink Floyd when Dark Side of the Moon when it was the
only CD we were allowed to listen to in the hospital during meals.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

Bottle Kids wrote:
> Mine is "Take It Back".
>
> Yours?

i don't really care for them but that long song ,
on the album with the cows all over it

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ Bottle Kids > wrote \_
>> Mine is "Take It Back".
>>
>> Yours?

> I got sick of Pink Floyd when Dark Side of the Moon when it was the
> only CD we were allowed to listen to in the hospital during meals.

that happened to me with Juthro Tull , " Aqualung " it was an 8 track

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ Bottle Kids > wrote \_
>>> Mine is "Take It Back".
>>>
>>> Yours?

>> I got sick of Pink Floyd when Dark Side of the Moon when it was the
>> only CD we were allowed to listen to in the hospital during meals.

> that happened to me with Juthro Tull , " Aqualung " it was an 8 track

After that, they took the boombox away because someone tried to strangle
themself with the powercord. Now the only music is during music therapy,
but she brings in CD's and patients pick the songs for an hour twice a
week. There are lots of CD's but much of what I like, and since the
music therapist and me go back about five years, she lets me pick songs
out of her ipod. I even got her to load some songs I asked for last stay
because I had been there for so long.

She also sat with me one day before she left to go home, and we sang
Suicide is Painless at the end of the hall together.

--
-slunky

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> After that, they took the boombox away because someone tried to
>> strangle themself with the powercord. Now the only music is during
>> music therapy, but she brings in CD's and patients pick the songs for
>> an hour twice a week. There are lots of CD's but much of what I like,
>> and since the music therapist and me go back about five years, she
>> lets me pick songs out of her ipod. I even got her to load some songs
>> I asked for last stay because I had been there for so long.
>>
>> She also sat with me one day before she left to go home, and we sang
>> Suicide is Painless at the end of the hall together.

> i can play that on my guitar ,
> but it sounds better on a 12 string

I can play it too. I like how Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head sounds
on a twelve string too.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ Bottle Kids > wrote \_

>>> I got sick of Pink Floyd when Dark Side of the Moon when it was the
>>> only CD we were allowed to listen to in the hospital during meals.

>> that happened to me with Juthro Tull , " Aqualung " it was an 8 track

> After that, they took the boombox away because someone tried to
> strangle themself with the powercord. Now the only music is during
> music therapy, but she brings in CD's and patients pick the songs for
> an hour twice a week. There are lots of CD's but much of what I like,
> and since the music therapist and me go back about five years, she
> lets me pick songs out of her ipod. I even got her to load some songs
> I asked for last stay because I had been there for so long.
>
> She also sat with me one day before she left to go home, and we sang
> Suicide is Painless at the end of the hall together.

i can play that on my guitar ,
but it sounds better on a 12 string

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> i can play that on my guitar ,
>>> but it sounds better on a 12 string

>> I can play it too. I like how Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head
>> sounds on a twelve string too.

> every Uriah Heep song

Don't forget Leadbelly. King of the twelve string.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> After that, they took the boombox away because someone tried to
>>> strangle themself with the powercord. Now the only music is during
>>> music therapy, but she brings in CD's and patients pick the songs
>>> for an hour twice a week. There are lots of CD's but much of what I
>>> like, and since the music therapist and me go back about five
>>> years, she lets me pick songs out of her ipod. I even got her to
>>> load some songs I asked for last stay because I had been there for
>>> so long.
>>>
>>> She also sat with me one day before she left to go home, and we sang
>>> Suicide is Painless at the end of the hall together.

>> i can play that on my guitar ,
>> but it sounds better on a 12 string

> I can play it too. I like how Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head
> sounds on a twelve string too.

every Uriah Heep song

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> every Uriah Heep song

>> Don't forget Leadbelly. King of the twelve string.

> Gary Davis , or John Hurt , if you ask me Davis rules the 12 string

I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the back
while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded the same.

--
-slunky

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> I can play it too. I like how Rain Drops Keep Fallin' On My Head
>>> sounds on a twelve string too.

>> every Uriah Heep song

> Don't forget Leadbelly. King of the twelve string.

Gary Davis , or John Hurt , if you ask me Davis rules the 12 string

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> Don't forget Leadbelly. King of the twelve string.

>> Gary Davis , or John Hurt , if you ask me Davis rules the 12 string

> I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the back
> while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded the
> same.

i had to get a banjo first ,
i'm saving for a 12 now ,
then i'll have , 6 , 12 and 5 ,
like i had before but i've been ,
side tracked by a good looking ,
imitation Les Paul at the second hand store ,
so i might get it too

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

% wrote:
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> Gary Davis , or John Hurt , if you ask me Davis rules the 12 string

>> I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the back
>> while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded the
>> same.

> i had to get a banjo first ,
> i'm saving for a 12 now ,
> then i'll have , 6 , 12 and 5 ,
> like i had before but i've been ,
> side tracked by a good looking ,
> imitation Les Paul at the second hand store ,
> so i might get it too

Each to their own. LPs are horrible. Look cool as **** but I'd rather
not strap on a tree trunk when I feel like playing guitar thank you.
Although the pain and uncomfortableness of that is a lot better than
what you get from sitting down. You'd be amazed how a simple piece of
wood lightly digging into a bone can result in such dramatic pain given
enough time. Then again, drops of water will bore through granite, given
enough time...

Get yourself an Ibanez artcore semiacoustic, you cannot go wrong.
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the back
>> while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded the
>> same.

> i had to get a banjo first ,
> i'm saving for a 12 now ,
> then i'll have , 6 , 12 and 5 ,
> like i had before but i've been ,
> side tracked by a good looking ,
> imitation Les Paul at the second hand store ,
> so i might get it too

Do you know what kind you're going to get?

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

JW wrote:
> % wrote:
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the
>>> back while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded
>>> the same.

>> i had to get a banjo first ,
>> i'm saving for a 12 now ,
>> then i'll have , 6 , 12 and 5 ,
>> like i had before but i've been ,
>> side tracked by a good looking ,
>> imitation Les Paul at the second hand store ,
>> so i might get it too

> Each to their own. LPs are horrible. Look cool as **** but I'd rather
> not strap on a tree trunk when I feel like playing guitar thank you.
> Although the pain and uncomfortableness of that is a lot better than
> what you get from sitting down. You'd be amazed how a simple piece of
> wood lightly digging into a bone can result in such dramatic pain
> given enough time. Then again, drops of water will bore through
> granite, given enough time...
>
> Get yourself an Ibanez artcore semiacoustic, you cannot go wrong.

i'm basically an acoustic person ,
but this immi is right here in town ,
and its second hand so its cheap ,
if i did get it it would be ,
just to have some sort of electric in the house ,
as far as elecs go , i'll take a nice blonde neck telli ,
my acoustic has a pick up rig with an equalizer ,
its a Martin D-17

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> I wish I still had a twelve string, but my friend stepped on the
>>> back while drunk and put a whole through the back. It never sounded
>>> the same.

>> i had to get a banjo first ,
>> i'm saving for a 12 now ,
>> then i'll have , 6 , 12 and 5 ,
>> like i had before but i've been ,
>> side tracked by a good looking ,
>> imitation Les Paul at the second hand store ,
>> so i might get it too

> Do you know what kind you're going to get?

you mean 12 string , no , i have to go see first ,
the guy usually has a few of the better models around ,
but its 70 miles to him and he's closest ,
its not a real big store so i have to go see ,
unless i order and wait

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> Do you know what kind you're going to get?

> you mean 12 string , no , i have to go see first ,
> the guy usually has a few of the better models around ,
> but its 70 miles to him and he's closest ,
> its not a real big store so i have to go see ,
> unless i order and wait

I never know either. My bass was brand new, but I usually look around
for used guitars first because the necks are already worn in.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

On Jul 19, 7:26*pm, "Bottle Kids" > wrote:
> Mine is "Take It Back".
>
> Yours?

Comfortably numb from "The wall" album.
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

A song about Earth.

Pink Floyd - "Take it Back"

http://ival33.dreamhosters.com/music...0It%20Back.mp3

So I spy on her, I lie to her
I make promises I cannot keep
Then I hear her laughter rising
Rising from the deep
I make her prove her love for me
I take all that I can take
I push her to the limit
To see if she will break

She might take it back
She could take it back, some day...

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> Do you know what kind you're going to get?

>> you mean 12 string , no , i have to go see first ,
>> the guy usually has a few of the better models around ,
>> but its 70 miles to him and he's closest ,
>> its not a real big store so i have to go see ,
>> unless i order and wait

> I never know either. My bass was brand new, but I usually look around
> for used guitars first because the necks are already worn in.

i have to see them too ,
i would never buy it without playing it first ,
the second hand one i saw is just a spontanious buy thing ,
i pass it on my bike i probably don't really want it

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> you mean 12 string , no , i have to go see first ,
>>> the guy usually has a few of the better models around ,
>>> but its 70 miles to him and he's closest ,
>>> its not a real big store so i have to go see ,
>>> unless i order and wait

>> I never know either. My bass was brand new, but I usually look around
>> for used guitars first because the necks are already worn in.

> i have to see them too ,
> i would never buy it without playing it first ,

Me neither, and then I want that one. Not one out of the backroom. I
want the one on the show floor.

> the second hand one i saw is just a spontanious buy thing ,
> i pass it on my bike i probably don't really want it

The other things I like about buying in person is I can usually get them
to throw in extras with it. When I bought my bass, I dropped $1,500 on
it and the amp, and they gave me a nice stage stand, a 15' braided
cable, lemon oil to polish it, a strap, and a soft case (they wouldn't
give me a hard case which is reasonable because the hard case was $250.
I didn't want to push it asking for stomp boxes even though they're
pretty cheap.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> I never know either. My bass was brand new, but I usually look
>>> around for used guitars first because the necks are already worn in.

>> i have to see them too ,
>> i would never buy it without playing it first ,

> Me neither, and then I want that one. Not one out of the backroom. I
> want the one on the show floor.
>
>> the second hand one i saw is just a spontanious buy thing ,
>> i pass it on my bike i probably don't really want it

> The other things I like about buying in person is I can usually get
> them to throw in extras with it. When I bought my bass, I dropped
> $1,500 on it and the amp, and they gave me a nice stage stand, a 15'
> braided cable, lemon oil to polish it, a strap, and a soft case (they
> wouldn't give me a hard case which is reasonable because the hard
> case was $250. I didn't want to push it asking for stomp boxes even
> though they're pretty cheap.

yea , there is that ,
i always get junk too ,
plus i like the owner ,
its always good to see him ,
he plays so he knows

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> The other things I like about buying in person is I can usually get
>> them to throw in extras with it. When I bought my bass, I dropped
>> $1,500 on it and the amp, and they gave me a nice stage stand, a 15'
>> braided cable, lemon oil to polish it, a strap, and a soft case (they
>> wouldn't give me a hard case which is reasonable because the hard
>> case was $250. I didn't want to push it asking for stomp boxes even
>> though they're pretty cheap.

> yea , there is that ,
> i always get junk too ,
> plus i like the owner ,
> its always good to see him ,
> he plays so he knows

There's a place here in town called Vintage Rockers. The guy that owns
it and runs it (He's only open four hours, four days a week) can really
play. He knows guitars. He's the one who gave me schematics to rewire my
dunlop crybaby when I bought it there. I would shop there more, but he
only carries really high end stuff, Vintage Guitars.

I think he does other business there too by the looks of things, but I
don't know.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> The other things I like about buying in person is I can usually get
>>> them to throw in extras with it. When I bought my bass, I dropped
>>> $1,500 on it and the amp, and they gave me a nice stage stand, a 15'
>>> braided cable, lemon oil to polish it, a strap, and a soft case
>>> (they wouldn't give me a hard case which is reasonable because the
>>> hard case was $250. I didn't want to push it asking for stomp boxes
>>> even though they're pretty cheap.

>> yea , there is that ,
>> i always get junk too ,
>> plus i like the owner ,
>> its always good to see him ,
>> he plays so he knows

> There's a place here in town called Vintage Rockers. The guy that owns
> it and runs it (He's only open four hours, four days a week) can
> really play. He knows guitars. He's the one who gave me schematics to
> rewire my dunlop crybaby when I bought it there. I would shop there
> more, but he only carries really high end stuff, Vintage Guitars.
>
> I think he does other business there too by the looks of things, but I
> don't know.

it all goes together he probably teaches too

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> yea , there is that ,
>>> i always get junk too ,
>>> plus i like the owner ,
>>> its always good to see him ,
>>> he plays so he knows

>> There's a place here in town called Vintage Rockers. The guy that owns
>> it and runs it (He's only open four hours, four days a week) can
>> really play. He knows guitars. He's the one who gave me schematics to
>> rewire my dunlop crybaby when I bought it there. I would shop there
>> more, but he only carries really high end stuff, Vintage Guitars.
>>
>> I think he does other business there too by the looks of things, but I
>> don't know.

> it all goes together he probably teaches too

I like to go in there and look around, but I don't think he likes people
going in there if they aren't buying something.

--
-slunky

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> There's a place here in town called Vintage Rockers. The guy that
>>> owns it and runs it (He's only open four hours, four days a week)
>>> can really play. He knows guitars. He's the one who gave me
>>> schematics to rewire my dunlop crybaby when I bought it there. I
>>> would shop there more, but he only carries really high end stuff,
>>> Vintage Guitars.
>>>
>>> I think he does other business there too by the looks of things,
>>> but I don't know.

>> it all goes together he probably teaches too

> I like to go in there and look around, but I don't think he likes
> people going in there if they aren't buying something.

buy some strings , some picks , a magazine ,
ask him about the place tell him you think its a good place ,
is he on line , got a web site , maybe you could make him something

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> it all goes together he probably teaches too

>> I like to go in there and look around, but I don't think he likes
>> people going in there if they aren't buying something.

> buy some strings , some picks , a magazine ,
> ask him about the place tell him you think its a good place ,
> is he on line , got a web site , maybe you could make him something

He doesn't sell strings or picks. I don't remember if he has magazines.
He sells vintage equiptment, and figures you can go get the other stuff
at the big guitar store. I've been trying to remember to save so I can
get a distortion pedal for the bass from there because he's usually got
a couple of vintage big muffs for sale.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> He doesn't sell strings or picks. I don't remember if he has
>> magazines. He sells vintage equiptment, and figures you can go get
>> the other stuff at the big guitar store. I've been trying to remember
>> to save so I can get a distortion pedal for the bass from there
>> because he's usually got a couple of vintage big muffs for sale.

> make him a web site anyway

He might have one, but I'm not sure. I ****ed up my computer when I
upgraded IJG's jpeg utilities to version 7. Now I have no browser, and I
have to rebuild about fifty apps to link to the new shared library.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> I like to go in there and look around, but I don't think he likes
>>> people going in there if they aren't buying something.

>> buy some strings , some picks , a magazine ,
>> ask him about the place tell him you think its a good place ,
>> is he on line , got a web site , maybe you could make him something

> He doesn't sell strings or picks. I don't remember if he has
> magazines. He sells vintage equiptment, and figures you can go get
> the other stuff at the big guitar store. I've been trying to remember
> to save so I can get a distortion pedal for the bass from there
> because he's usually got a couple of vintage big muffs for sale.

make him a web site anyway

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> He doesn't sell strings or picks. I don't remember if he has
>>> magazines. He sells vintage equiptment, and figures you can go get
>>> the other stuff at the big guitar store. I've been trying to
>>> remember to save so I can get a distortion pedal for the bass from
>>> there because he's usually got a couple of vintage big muffs for
>>> sale.

>> make him a web site anyway

> He might have one, but I'm not sure. I ****ed up my computer when I
> upgraded IJG's jpeg utilities to version 7. Now I have no browser,
> and I have to rebuild about fifty apps to link to the new shared
> library.

want this one

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> He might have one, but I'm not sure. I ****ed up my computer when I
>> upgraded IJG's jpeg utilities to version 7. Now I have no browser,
>> and I have to rebuild about fifty apps to link to the new shared
>> library.

> want this one

No, I'm just uninstalling everything that depended on libjpeg.so.9 right
now, then I get to rebuild it all. First the DRI and junk, then the
browser, then everything else. I'm running everything off RAM right now.
If I accidently close this window, I'll be gone until I rebuild some
stuff.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> No, I'm just uninstalling everything that depended on libjpeg.so.9
>> right now, then I get to rebuild it all. First the DRI and junk, then
>> the browser, then everything else. I'm running everything off RAM
>> right now. If I accidently close this window, I'll be gone until I
>> rebuild some stuff.

> i guess i'll save this one for parts the modem is good the sound card too ,
> the disk drive is good , the fans are good , the power supply still works

Save it all for parts. Throw the old hard drive in the new machine.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> He might have one, but I'm not sure. I ****ed up my computer when I
>>> upgraded IJG's jpeg utilities to version 7. Now I have no browser,
>>> and I have to rebuild about fifty apps to link to the new shared
>>> library.

>> want this one

> No, I'm just uninstalling everything that depended on libjpeg.so.9
> right now, then I get to rebuild it all. First the DRI and junk, then
> the browser, then everything else. I'm running everything off RAM
> right now. If I accidently close this window, I'll be gone until I
> rebuild some stuff.

i guess i'll save this one for parts the modem is good the sound card too ,
the disk drive is good , the fans are good , the power supply still works

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> i guess i'll save this one for parts the modem is good the sound
>>> card too , the disk drive is good , the fans are good , the power
>>> supply still works

>> Save it all for parts. Throw the old hard drive in the new machine.

> i was thinking that and the mem sticks if i can and the disk player ,
> my new one does dvd's and my new one has no floppy drive

Depends on the speed of the RAM. There's a good chance the RAM won't be
compatable. My desktop won't take a standard floppy drive anymore. I had
to buy a USB one, but it was only fifteen dollars.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> No, I'm just uninstalling everything that depended on libjpeg.so.9
>>> right now, then I get to rebuild it all. First the DRI and junk,
>>> then the browser, then everything else. I'm running everything off
>>> RAM right now. If I accidently close this window, I'll be gone
>>> until I rebuild some stuff.

>> i guess i'll save this one for parts the modem is good the sound
>> card too , the disk drive is good , the fans are good , the power
>> supply still works

> Save it all for parts. Throw the old hard drive in the new machine.

i was thinking that and the mem sticks if i can and the disk player ,
my new one does dvd's and my new one has no floppy drive

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>>
>>> Save it all for parts. Throw the old hard drive in the new machine.

>> i was thinking that and the mem sticks if i can and the disk player ,
>> my new one does dvd's and my new one has no floppy drive

> Depends on the speed of the RAM. There's a good chance the RAM won't
> be compatable. My desktop won't take a standard floppy drive anymore.
> I had to buy a USB one, but it was only fifteen dollars.

yea , i realize that , but it might fit for someone ,
i might just give the whole thing to snowplow guy

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> Depends on the speed of the RAM. There's a good chance the RAM won't
>> be compatable. My desktop won't take a standard floppy drive anymore.
>> I had to buy a USB one, but it was only fifteen dollars.

> yea , i realize that , but it might fit for someone ,
> i might just give the whole thing to snowplow guy

That would be nice.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> yea , i realize that , but it might fit for someone ,
>>> i might just give the whole thing to snowplow guy

>> That would be nice.

> he's always wanted one but does know what to buy

Sounds like he wouldn't be disappointed with it then.

--
-slunky
Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression
% % is offline

slunky wrote:
> _/ % > wrote \_
>> slunky wrote:
>>> Depends on the speed of the RAM. There's a good chance the RAM won't
>>> be compatable. My desktop won't take a standard floppy drive
>>> anymore. I had to buy a USB one, but it was only fifteen dollars.

>> yea , i realize that , but it might fit for someone ,
>> i might just give the whole thing to snowplow guy

> That would be nice.

he's always wanted one but does know what to buy

Posted to alt.party,alt.politics.obama,alt.suicide.holiday,alt.support.depression,rec.food.cooking,uk.people.support.depression

_/ % > wrote \_
> slunky wrote:
>> _/ % > wrote \_
>>> he's always wanted one but does know what to buy

>> Sounds like he wouldn't be disappointed with it then.

> i'd have to tell him the truth though ,
> it might cave in any minute now ,
> and there's nothing on the drive i wouldn't show him anyway ,
> but i'll still dump some stuff its enough to give him the idea ,
> get him browsing and e-mailing

Yeah, but free is free.

--
-slunky