Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Outrage at Sam's Club!

I went to Sam's Club this morning and thought I would share my story with
you.

"Look, honey... eggs are on sale. 18 grade A eggs for only $1.38!"

I looked and sure enough, there was nothing wrong with my wife's eyesight.
The eggs were $1.38 per carton.

"Let's get 6 cartons" said she. "We'll eat some now and I read on RFC that
if I leave them in the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper for 5 weeks, they
will be easy to peel and will have a nice, musty aftertaste, reminiscent of
truffles on a damp morning."

So I added the 6 cartons to my basket, along with the Vat-o-Salsa, the
Bucket of hair conditioner, the 2 pound container of MSG, the 25 pound sack
of rice and the Industrial Size Drum of Koffee Kreamer.

We went through the checkout without incident and stopped at the snack area
because my wife has a weakness for the Hot Pretzels at Sam's, and I am a big
spender who always gets her what she wants. Heck, I even got a pretzel for
myself and bought a drink that we shared. (Hey, I am generous but not a
spendthrift!)

While enjoying our snack, I glanced at my receipt and was totally OUTRAGED
at what I found.

The Stupid Cashier had charged me for SEVEN cartons of eggs!!!!!!!

7!!!!! Not 6! Seven!!!! I was not going to take this affront to my
dignity and manhood nor was I going to allow some minimum wage Grubbling to
STEAL some of my HARD EARNED MONEY! It was time for action.

I tell you my friends, when I am this upset, DEATH rides on my left
shoulder, PESTILENCE rids on my right and DESTRUCTION comes alive in my
groin, held back only by willpower and the strength of the zipper on my
shorts.

There was purpose in my stride as I traversed the 50 feet to the service
desk, my chest heaving with righteous indignation while my heart beat faster
in preparation for the confrontation ahead of me. My steel-blue eyes cast a
flinty glare at the woman who had the nerve to stand before me.

There was iron in my voice as I addressed her....

"I have been overcharged $1.38 and I demand satisfaction!"

It was easy to see that the poor woman was stunned by the brutal force of my
onslaught and she mumbles and stuttered as she checked the receipt against
the contents of my cart.

"Oh my" said she. As she lowered her eyes in shame, she mumbled an apology
over and over and placed into my hand the $1.38 that had been so wantonly
ripped from my possession. Her abject contriteness and submissive attitude
had mollified me for the moment and I manfully rolled my shopping cart out
of the store.

In the future, when Sam's Club employees gather, they will talk about this
day and how they narrowly avoided Death, Pestilence and Destruction, thanks
to the quick thinking and correct attitude of the worker at the service
desk.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message

<snipety>
> In the future, when Sam's Club employees gather, they will talk about this
> day and how they narrowly avoided Death, Pestilence and Destruction,
> thanks to the quick thinking and correct attitude of the worker at the
> service desk.
>
> George L

Thank goodness! Truth and justice and all that!
Thanks for the giggle.

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message

> The Stupid Cashier had charged me for SEVEN cartons of eggs!!!!!!!
>
> 7!!!!! Not 6! Seven!!!! I was not going to take this affront to my
> dignity and manhood nor was I going to allow some minimum wage Grubbling
> to STEAL some of my HARD EARNED MONEY! It was time for action.
> "I have been overcharged $1.38 and I demand satisfaction!"

> "Oh my" said she. As she lowered her eyes in shame, she mumbled an
> apology over and over and placed into my hand the $1.38 that had been so
> wantonly ripped from my possession. Her abject contriteness and
> submissive attitude had mollified me for the moment and I manfully rolled
> my shopping cart out of the store.
>
> In the future, when Sam's Club employees gather, they will talk about this
> day and how they narrowly avoided Death, Pestilence and Destruction,
> thanks to the quick thinking and correct attitude of the worker at the
> service desk.
>
> George L

George, you are a wus. A WUS, I say. You should have demanded the cashier
be whipped. She should have been stoned with 18 eggs, then made to pay your
entire bill. Then she should have been fired and any accrued benefits
liquidated and assigned to your estate. Take a stand or this type of
behavior will happen and again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:35:28 -0500, "George Leppla"
> wrote:

>The Stupid Cashier had charged me for SEVEN cartons of eggs!!!!!!!

Gettin' a little edgy, George?? Fix a smart cocktail and chill.
Besides...if there were 138 pennies by your car in the parking lot, I
seriously doubt you would have bent over to pick them up.

YMMV.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla > show wit and wile through message
> I went to Sam's Club this morning and thought I would share my
> story with you. [snip rest of experience]

/channeling Sheldumb Spewmart

George The LYING SACK OF GARBAGE is a LYING sack of garbage!

Sorry about that; I won't drop down to sheldumb's level.

Actually, very funny story. Enjoyed it completely. Thanks for the post.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:
> I went to Sam's Club this morning and thought I would share my story

> In the future, when Sam's Club employees gather, they will talk about
> this day and how they narrowly avoided Death, Pestilence and
> Destruction, thanks to the quick thinking and correct attitude of the
> worker at the service desk.
>
> George L

Okay, George, this time you were funnier than Ranger but quite
a bit less believable.

I'll give you a 7.8 score out of 10.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

>There was iron in my voice as I addressed her....
>
>"I have been overcharged $1.38 and I demand satisfaction!"
>
>It was easy to see that the poor woman was stunned by the brutal force of my
>onslaught and she mumbles and stuttered as she checked the receipt against
>the contents of my cart.
>
>"Oh my" said she. As she lowered her eyes in shame, she mumbled an apology
>over and over and placed into my hand the $1.38 that had been so wantonly
>ripped from my possession. Her abject contriteness and submissive attitude
>had mollified me for the moment and I manfully rolled my shopping cart out
>of the store.
>
>In the future, when Sam's Club employees gather, they will talk about this
>day and how they narrowly avoided Death, Pestilence and Destruction, thanks
>to the quick thinking and correct attitude of the worker at the service

Just be thankful that you can still go to a Sam's Club.
They closed all of them in Canada and I MISS the local one.

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:35:28 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

> While enjoying our snack, I glanced at my receipt and was totally OUTRAGED
> at what I found.
>
> The Stupid Cashier had charged me for SEVEN cartons of eggs!!!!!!!
>
> 7!!!!! Not 6! Seven!!!! I was not going to take this affront to my
> dignity and manhood nor was I going to allow some minimum wage Grubbling to
> STEAL some of my HARD EARNED MONEY! It was time for action.
>
> I tell you my friends, when I am this upset, DEATH rides on my left
> shoulder, PESTILENCE rids on my right and DESTRUCTION comes alive in my
> groin, held back only by willpower and the strength of the zipper on my
> shorts.

very sly, george.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla wrote:

> I went to Sam's Club this morning and thought I would share my story
> with you.

<snipped for space, while ROFL>

Great post, George. IMHO - of course ;-)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Have we "lost our capability of outrage?" notbob General Cooking 65 17-04-2009 01:28 PM
A Chocolate Outrage! Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] General Cooking 36 05-05-2007 06:39 PM
Sam's Club nobody Barbecue 7 05-06-2006 12:41 PM
High Tea Outrage! Christopher Richards Tea 2 12-12-2005 12:53 PM
I Wrote to AARP Expressing my Outrage Peanutjake Diabetic 55 04-12-2003 08:15 AM