Boron Elgar

Default A day on the farm

We discovered a small farm nearby that makes artisanal cheese from
their own dairy herd and bakes wonderful bread in a brick oven (for
those of you who are familiar with such ovens, this one is by Alan
Scott of Ovencrafters).

The farm offers demos/classes and on this beautiful Indian Summer day
we drove off into the country to check it all out. (moon roof open)

We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

The second part of the morning was spent near the wood-fired oven
making rye levain epis and some foccacia and with a bit of the aged
cheeses, making mozzarella from the curds we had watched being
created in the morning and, of course, tasting our way through it all.

The farm was lovely, with children (the oldest daughter, 15, sells
eggs from the absolutely free-range chickens that wandered all over)
around, cats & dogs lounging about and a charming herd of cows
(several varieties) lending their lowing in the background.

All in all, we had a wonderful day spent pursuing my favorite hobby
(that being anything to do with food) and came home with some terrific
breads & cheeses.

I cannot recall how I stumbled on the web page for this place (it is
in northern Sussex county of New Jersey, near the NY state border,)
but heartily recommend a trip out for anyone who is in the area. (it
is about 90 minutes from Manhattan). The only flaw in the day was when
we locked the keys in the car, but we were rescued by AAA)

If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
just click below:

http://www.cowsoutside.com

Boron
Dick Margulis

Boron Elgar wrote:
> We discovered a small farm nearby that makes artisanal cheese from
> their own dairy herd and bakes wonderful bread in a brick oven (for
> those of you who are familiar with such ovens, this one is by Alan
> Scott of Ovencrafters).
>
> The farm offers demos/classes and on this beautiful Indian Summer day
> we drove off into the country to check it all out. (moon roof open)
>
> We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
> fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
> being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
> about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
> wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.
>
> The second part of the morning was spent near the wood-fired oven
> making rye levain epis and some foccacia and with a bit of the aged
> cheeses, making mozzarella from the curds we had watched being
> created in the morning and, of course, tasting our way through it all.
>
> The farm was lovely, with children (the oldest daughter, 15, sells
> eggs from the absolutely free-range chickens that wandered all over)
> around, cats & dogs lounging about and a charming herd of cows
> (several varieties) lending their lowing in the background.
>
> All in all, we had a wonderful day spent pursuing my favorite hobby
> (that being anything to do with food) and came home with some terrific
> breads & cheeses.
>
> I cannot recall how I stumbled on the web page for this place (it is
> in northern Sussex county of New Jersey, near the NY state border,)
> but heartily recommend a trip out for anyone who is in the area. (it
> is about 90 minutes from Manhattan). The only flaw in the day was when
> we locked the keys in the car, but we were rescued by AAA)
>
> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
> just click below:
>
> http://www.cowsoutside.com
>
> Boron

That sounds like a wonderful resource, especially for urban/suburban
types who think milk comes from cartons!

alzelt

Dick Margulis wrote:

> That sounds like a wonderful resource, especially for urban/suburban
> types who think milk comes from cartons!

I remember my daughter telling me that you pull the cows gutters and
pick up the milk at Safeway. In retrospect, she is probably closer to
the truth than many kids today.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Bob Pastorio

Boron Elgar wrote:

> We discovered a small farm nearby that makes artisanal cheese from
> their own dairy herd and bakes wonderful bread in a brick oven (for
> those of you who are familiar with such ovens, this one is by Alan
> Scott of Ovencrafters).
>
> The farm offers demos/classes and on this beautiful Indian Summer day
> we drove off into the country to check it all out. (moon roof open)
>
> We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
> fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
> being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
> about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
> wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

Jonathan was a partner of Charlie Trotter in another cheesemaking
operation a few years back. Amazing products, like the best of the
cheeses I've had around the world. Many wild-ripened cheeses and
several US-legal raw-milk cheeses.

He was involved in a very cool program a couple years back where he
went to Tibet and taught nomadic yak herders how to make cheese from
the milk. The resulting cheese was a very pale green and had an, er,
"interesting" taste. Everybody I gave some to said how much it was,
um, interesting. They all said they, uh, might eat more at some future
date because it was, uhm, interesting.

Jonathan brought some of his cheeses to an exposition in Europe and
got astonished praise from the attendees.

Pastorio

> The second part of the morning was spent near the wood-fired oven
> making rye levain epis and some foccacia and with a bit of the aged
> cheeses, making mozzarella from the curds we had watched being
> created in the morning and, of course, tasting our way through it all.
>
> The farm was lovely, with children (the oldest daughter, 15, sells
> eggs from the absolutely free-range chickens that wandered all over)
> around, cats & dogs lounging about and a charming herd of cows
> (several varieties) lending their lowing in the background.
>
> All in all, we had a wonderful day spent pursuing my favorite hobby
> (that being anything to do with food) and came home with some terrific
> breads & cheeses.
>
> I cannot recall how I stumbled on the web page for this place (it is
> in northern Sussex county of New Jersey, near the NY state border,)
> but heartily recommend a trip out for anyone who is in the area. (it
> is about 90 minutes from Manhattan). The only flaw in the day was when
> we locked the keys in the car, but we were rescued by AAA)
>
> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
> just click below:
>
> http://www.cowsoutside.com
>
> Boron

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:57:17 -0500, Bob Pastorio >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>

>> We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
>> fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
>> being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
>> about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
>> wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

>Jonathan was a partner of Charlie Trotter in another cheesemaking
>operation a few years back. Amazing products, like the best of the
>cheeses I've had around the world. Many wild-ripened cheeses and
>several US-legal raw-milk cheeses.
>
>He was involved in a very cool program a couple years back where he
>went to Tibet and taught nomadic yak herders how to make cheese from
>the milk. The resulting cheese was a very pale green and had an, er,
>"interesting" taste. Everybody I gave some to said how much it was,
>um, interesting. They all said they, uh, might eat more at some future
>date because it was, uhm, interesting.
>
>Jonathan brought some of his cheeses to an exposition in Europe and
>got astonished praise from the attendees.

With great modesty, he told us of these delightful happenings (didn't
mention Charlie Trotter, though) and I was suitably impressed that
someone with such talent & expertise was within a 40 minute drive of
my house.

They seem to all be raw milk cheeses now and each has a wonderful
flavor. There were a few of his specialties that were not available
yesterday & I will take a few trips up there in over the next months
in hopes of trying more.

Oh...and he was kind enough to give me a vial of his starter. I was
jazzed and guard it well. We had some nice chats about different
flours, too.

I must say, that I went up there primarily for the bread aspects of it
all, but was quite taken with the cheese part and only wish that
making decent cheese at home were as easy as making decent bread.

Boron

barry

Check this site and the people behind it.

www.cheesemaking.com

Barry
"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:57:17 -0500, Bob Pastorio >
> wrote:
>
> >Boron Elgar wrote:
> >

> >> We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
> >> fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
> >> being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
> >> about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
> >> wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

> >Jonathan was a partner of Charlie Trotter in another cheesemaking
> >operation a few years back. Amazing products, like the best of the
> >cheeses I've had around the world. Many wild-ripened cheeses and
> >several US-legal raw-milk cheeses.
> >
> >He was involved in a very cool program a couple years back where he
> >went to Tibet and taught nomadic yak herders how to make cheese from
> >the milk. The resulting cheese was a very pale green and had an, er,
> >"interesting" taste. Everybody I gave some to said how much it was,
> >um, interesting. They all said they, uh, might eat more at some future
> >date because it was, uhm, interesting.
> >
> >Jonathan brought some of his cheeses to an exposition in Europe and
> >got astonished praise from the attendees.

> With great modesty, he told us of these delightful happenings (didn't
> mention Charlie Trotter, though) and I was suitably impressed that
> someone with such talent & expertise was within a 40 minute drive of
> my house.
>
> They seem to all be raw milk cheeses now and each has a wonderful
> flavor. There were a few of his specialties that were not available
> yesterday & I will take a few trips up there in over the next months
> in hopes of trying more.
>
> Oh...and he was kind enough to give me a vial of his starter. I was
> jazzed and guard it well. We had some nice chats about different
> flours, too.
>
> I must say, that I went up there primarily for the bread aspects of it
> all, but was quite taken with the cheese part and only wish that
> making decent cheese at home were as easy as making decent bread.
>
> Boron

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:43:42 GMT, "barry" >
wrote:

>> I must say, that I went up there primarily for the bread aspects of it
>> all, but was quite taken with the cheese part and only wish that
>> making decent cheese at home were as easy as making decent bread.
>>
>> Boron
>>

>Check this site and the people behind it.
>
>www.cheesemaking.com

Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
purchase directly.

Boron
maxine in ri

> I cannot recall how I stumbled on the web page for this place (it is
> in northern Sussex county of New Jersey, near the NY state border,)
> but heartily recommend a trip out for anyone who is in the area. (it
> is about 90 minutes from Manhattan). The only flaw in the day was when
> we locked the keys in the car, but we were rescued by AAA)
>
> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
> just click below:
>
> http://www.cowsoutside.com
>
> Boron

Kewl! It's not that far from my BIL's. I'll have to contact them
and see when during the Yule season they're open, so we can check it out.

maxine in ri
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:27:52 -0500, Dick Margulis >
wrote:

>> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
>> just click below:
>>
>> http://www.cowsoutside.com
>>
>> Boron

>That sounds like a wonderful resource, especially for urban/suburban
>types who think milk comes from cartons!

They came to the Union Square Greenmarket (NYC) this morning and I
bought pieces of the three cheeses they brought in. We now have four
artisanal cheesemakers coming in through a week. 2 with cows, and one
each sheep and goats.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."
Margaret Suran

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:43:42 GMT, "barry" >
> wrote:
>
> >> I must say, that I went up there primarily for the bread aspects of it
> >> all, but was quite taken with the cheese part and only wish that
> >> making decent cheese at home were as easy as making decent bread.
> >>
> >> Boron
> >>

> >Check this site and the people behind it.
> >
> >www.cheesemaking.com
> >

> Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> purchase directly.
>
> Boron

Thank you for the lovely story of A Day On The Farm. From your
description, I almost felt as if I had come along with you, seeing all
the animals that were wandering around, tasting the cheeses and smelling
the aroma of the baking bread.

Thank you for sharing this pleasant day with us, Margaret

Steve Calvin

Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:27:52 -0500, Dick Margulis >
> wrote:
>

>>>If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
>>>just click below:
>>>
>>>http://www.cowsoutside.com
>>>
>>>Boron

I may have to check that out. It's only about an hour from me.

Did you take one of the seminars or just go to a tasting?

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:59:03 -0500, Margaret Suran >
wrote:

>Thank you for the lovely story of A Day On The Farm. From your
>description, I almost felt as if I had come along with you, seeing all
>the animals that were wandering around, tasting the cheeses and smelling
>the aroma of the baking bread.
>
>Thank you for sharing this pleasant day with us, Margaret

Aw, shucks, Margaret...you make me blush.

Boron

Jack Schidt®

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:43:42 GMT, "barry" >
> wrote:
>
> >> I must say, that I went up there primarily for the bread aspects of it
> >> all, but was quite taken with the cheese part and only wish that
> >> making decent cheese at home were as easy as making decent bread.
> >>
> >> Boron
> >>

> >Check this site and the people behind it.
> >
> >www.cheesemaking.com
> >

> Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> purchase directly.
>
> Boron

Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.

I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories and
they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.

Jack Conspiracy

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:35:49 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .

>> >Check this site and the people behind it.
>> >
>> >www.cheesemaking.com
>> >

>> Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
>> supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
>> is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
>> illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
>> purchase directly.
>>
>> Boron

>Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.
>
>I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
>their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
>features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories and
>they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.
>
>Jack Conspiracy

I blame Clinton.

Boron
graham

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
news

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

it

> > >Check this site and the people behind it.
> > >
> > >www.cheesemaking.com
> > >

> > Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> > supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> > is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> > illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> > purchase directly.
> >
> > Boron

> Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.
>
> I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
> their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
> features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories

and
> they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.
>
> Jack Conspiracy

There are no such things as conspiracies! Of course, they would want us to
believe that, wouldn't they?

Graham

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:38:57 -0500, Rodney Myrvaagnes
> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:27:52 -0500, Dick Margulis >
>wrote:
>
>>> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
>>> just click below:
>>>
>>> http://www.cowsoutside.com
>>>
>>> Boron

>>That sounds like a wonderful resource, especially for urban/suburban
>>types who think milk comes from cartons!

>They came to the Union Square Greenmarket (NYC) this morning and I
>bought pieces of the three cheeses they brought in. We now have four
>artisanal cheesemakers coming in through a week. 2 with cows, and one
>each sheep and goats.

They go to several of the NY greenmarkets...

the UNion Square market used to be a favorite of mine as it was just a
short walk from my apartment. I'd stroller my baby daughter over there
& pick up provisions. She a soph more in college now. Time flies.
boron
Boron Elgar

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 13:00:23 -0500, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote:

>I may have to check that out. It's only about an hour from me.
>
>Did you take one of the seminars or just go to a tasting?

My husband and I took a seminar. From 9 to 1, though you could arrive
at 8 to watch the cows being milked, and it lasted later than 1.

Boron
Victor Sack

Boron Elgar > wrote:

> We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
> fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
> being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
> about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
> wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

.... who used to post regularly on rfc, until about 6 years ago...

Victor
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Rodney
Myrvaagnes > wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:27:52 -0500, Dick Margulis >
> wrote:
>
> >> If anyone wants to see pictures of the place (including the oven!),
> >> just click below:
> >>
> >> http://www.cowsoutside.com
> >>
> >> Boron

> >That sounds like a wonderful resource, especially for urban/suburban
> >types who think milk comes from cartons!

> They came to the Union Square Greenmarket (NYC) this morning and I
> bought pieces of the three cheeses they brought in. We now have four
> artisanal cheesemakers coming in through a week. 2 with cows, and one
> each sheep and goats.
>

> Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a
>
> "Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."

Does that greenmarket at Union Square happen all year long or is it
seasonal? If seasonal, when does it end? And will you be coming to
Margaret's brunch on Saturday, December 6? You're invited, you know.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)

Greg Zywicki

Boron Elgar > wrote in message >. ..
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:35:49 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> >> supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> >> is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> >> illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> >> purchase directly.
> >>
> >> Boron

> >Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.
> >
> >I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
> >their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
> >features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories and
> >they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.
> >
> >Jack Conspiracy
> >

> I blame Clinton.
>
> Boron

Hah, shows how much you know. Haliburton's grubby hands are clearly
all over this. Bet they're trying to take ADM down.

Greg Zywicki
Greg Zywicki

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message . com>...
> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

> > >Check this site and the people behind it.
> > >
> > >www.cheesemaking.com
> > >

> > Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> > supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> > is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> > illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> > purchase directly.
> >
> > Boron

> Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.
>
> I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
> their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
> features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories and
> they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.
>
> Jack Conspiracy

Even stranger- my cousin with the autistic child also homeschools.

Someone cue Sting.

It does make sense for several reasons (the farm connection.) The
rythm of farm life gives both parents big blocks of time to spend with
the child. The child can safely be in the workplace (relatively
safely, anyway.) No commute, no boss to give you a hard time if you
have to jiggle the schedule.

There's a deeper reason that may also apply to your cheesemonger (or
is he a cheesemaker?) Whole food, natural food approaches are popular
complementary treatments for Autism. Not a cure of course, but there
seems to be some therapuetic benefits. I know my little cousin Alan
has benefitted from an improved diet. So farming is a good way to
control the autistic child's food supply.

Greg Zywicki
maxine in ri

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

> > >Check this site and the people behind it.
> > >
> > >www.cheesemaking.com
> > >

> > Thank you for that mention. I have visited that site. Though the
> > supplies are readily available on line, one important ingredient never
> > is... fresh milk. The best cheeses come from it. Here in NJ, it is
> > illegal to sell any raw milk so one cannot even go to a dairy farmer &
> > purchase directly.
> >
> > Boron

> Great narrative about the farm and the cheeses sound great.
>
> I'm puzzled by this. Upon perusing their website, one finds that one of
> their children is autistic. Then Greg Z posts his farm story that also
> features an autistic child. From out of the blue we get 2 farm stories and
> they both feature autism. Coincidence? I think not.
>
> Jack Conspiracy

Hey! My friend has an autistic son. But she doesn't live on a
farm. Ohmyghod! they're branching out!

paranoid in ri
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:01:35 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>> They came to the Union Square Greenmarket (NYC) this morning and I
>> bought pieces of the three cheeses they brought in. We now have four
>> artisanal cheesemakers coming in through a week. 2 with cows, and one
>> each sheep and goats.
>>

>> Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a
>>
>> "Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."

>Does that greenmarket at Union Square happen all year long or is it
>seasonal? If seasonal, when does it end? And will you be coming to
>Margaret's brunch on Saturday, December 6? You're invited, you know.
>--
>-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)

It is year round, but far bigger during harvest season than later. The
fishermen take vacations between December and March.

The biggest is Saturday, followed by Wednesday, Friday, and Monday in
that order.

Refresh my memory about the brunch?

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"WooWooism lives" Anon grafitto on the base of the Cuttyhunk breakwater light
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Rodney
Myrvaagnes > wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:01:35 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:

> >Does that greenmarket at Union Square happen all year long or is it
> >seasonal? If seasonal, when does it end? And will you be coming to
> >Margaret's brunch on Saturday, December 6? You're invited, you know.
> >--

> Refresh my memory about the brunch?

December 6 at Margaret Suran's apartment. A blanket invitation was
posted a month or so back. I'm coming to town for a visit. Now's your
chance. :-)

Contact her for the details. I'm innocent.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)

Nancy Young

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I'm innocent.

Everyone in the midwest, stay inside, away from the windows. I'm
predicting major lightning strikes.

nancy
Rick & Cyndi

"Melba's Jammin'"

<snip>

: > Refresh my memory about the brunch?
:
: December 6 at Margaret Suran's apartment. A blanket invitation
was
: posted a month or so back. I'm coming to town for a visit.
Now's your
: chance. :-)
:
: Contact her for the details. I'm innocent.
: --
: -Barb
=======

You? Innocent? <snort>

Ahem, just because the drinking test likened you to Sister/Mother
Theresa does *NOT* make you innocent Barb!

ROTFLMBO!!!

Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Christine Dabney

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:28:51 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> I'm innocent.

>Everyone in the midwest, stay inside, away from the windows. I'm
>predicting major lightning strikes.
>
>nancy

Now you tell me.

Christine
Melba's Jammin'

In article <1UUpb.76742$mZ5.490092@attbi_s54>, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> : Contact her for the details. I'm innocent.
> : --
> : -Barb
> =======
>
> You? Innocent? <snort>

Well, yeah. I'm just a poor Midwest farm girl. Raised in a single
parent household. (I was about 35 before I realized I could use that as
an excuse for my quirks and foibles.)

> Ahem, just because the drinking test likened you to Sister/Mother
> Theresa does *NOT* make you innocent Barb!
>
> ROTFLMBO!!!

Are you sure about that? My mom wouldn't let me be a trollop.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
alzelt

Victor Sack wrote:

> Boron Elgar > wrote:
>

>>We got to watch (and taste along the way) the cheese making, from the
>>fresh milk going into the vat (yes, we met the cows) to the curds
>>being put into molds, were given a wonderful demonstration & talk
>>about the entire process and were mightily entertained by the
>>wonderful stories told by the owner, Jonathan White.

> ... who used to post regularly on rfc, until about 6 years ago...
>
> Victor

Hey, what can we say. With his hands on the teat everyday, I guess
keyboarding became difficult.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

alzelt

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Contact her for the details. I'm innocent.

Only of brunch details!!

Farm Boy Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 24-05-2011 01:08 PM
$750,000 To Buy A Ranch Or Farm Allen Asian Cooking 0 23-06-2005 01:46 AM
goodies from the farm! Kate Connally General Cooking 2 21-06-2005 08:27 PM
No need for farm animals. Jonathan Ball Vegan 636 21-02-2004 08:17 PM
eel farm Joanne General Cooking 4 16-12-2003 09:12 PM