Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cross your fingers

In the "slow cooker" (that is, my oven on low) right now is a pound and
a half of goat, in a casserole dish. Also in the dish, olive oil,
garlic, salt, pepper, Maggi seasoning, a couple of bay leaves, and a
couple of sliced tomatoes. We'll see how it goes. I'll be home in seven
hours to check on it, and I'll still have time to make something else if
it's awful.

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> In the "slow cooker" (that is, my oven on low) right now is a pound and
> a half of goat, in a casserole dish. Also in the dish, olive oil,
> garlic, salt, pepper, Maggi seasoning, a couple of bay leaves, and a
> couple of sliced tomatoes.

Oh, and a bit of ancho chili powder.

Serene
--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene Vannoy > wrote:

> In the "slow cooker" (that is, my oven on low) right now is a pound and
> a half of goat, in a casserole dish. Also in the dish, olive oil,
> garlic, salt, pepper, Maggi seasoning, a couple of bay leaves, and a
> couple of sliced tomatoes. We'll see how it goes. I'll be home in seven
> hours to check on it, and I'll still have time to make something else if
> it's awful.
>
> Serene

Sounds good to me. :-)

Hope it works for ya!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> Serene Vannoy wrote:
>> In the "slow cooker" (that is, my oven on low) right now is a pound
>> and a half of goat, in a casserole dish. Also in the dish, olive oil,
>> garlic, salt, pepper, Maggi seasoning, a couple of bay leaves, and a
>> couple of sliced tomatoes.

> Oh, and a bit of ancho chili powder.

And a small sprig of rosemary.

It's really good. I am not sure I would have known it wasn't beef stew
without being told, but I would have wondered if the spices were giving
it the different taste. It's clearly *different* from beef, but it's
very similar.

James is eating some wrapped in tortillas right now. Will probably make
potatoes to have with it for supper.

Serene