Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rec.food.recipes lives!

It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
I, for one, and thrilled.

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jt wrote on Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:41:40 -0500:

> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh
> submissions. I, for one, and thrilled.

Thanks for the information! It's a big gap between 7/5/09 and 4/14/09,
tho' I guess one comment dated 6/8/09 snuck in.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jt august" boasts:

> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh emissions.
> I, for one, and thrilled.

Got your jollies, eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:30:09 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "jt august" boasts:
>>
>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh emissions.
>> I, for one, and thrilled.

> Got your jollies, eh?

i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:41:40 -0500, jt august
> wrote:

>It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
>I, for one, and thrilled.
>
>jt

Four posts today, it lives

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:04:30 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:30:09 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> "jt august" boasts:
>>>
>>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh emissions.
>>> I, for one, and thrilled.

>> Got your jollies, eh?

>i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.
>
>blake

That guy is a nut case ....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jt august wrote:
> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
> I, for one, and thrilled.
>
> jt

I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
all should search our files and contribute.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'mafoodi wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:41:40 -0500, jt august
> > wrote:
>
>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
>> I, for one, and thrilled.
>>
>> jt

> Four posts today, it lives

Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Tracy E. Carman at .

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 5, 12:51 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> jt august wrote:
> > It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
> > I, for one, and thrilled.

> > jt

> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
> all should search our files and contribute.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Dog bless, or whatever. Good luck to them. Recipies are for amateurs
and moderators are for sheep. I like our anarchy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder wrote:
> jt august wrote:
>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh
>> submissions. I, for one, and thrilled.
>>
>> jt

> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
> all should search our files and contribute.

Yes, to some degree, aren't we responsible for what gets posted
there? We can't control what others submit, so there will be that
untried crud, but...

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:44:34 -0500, Vesper wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:04:30 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:30:09 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> "jt august" boasts:

>>> Got your jollies, eh?

>>i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.
>>
>>blake

> That guy is a nut case ....

assuming you're referring to sheldon, not me, you catch on pretty quick.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:17:05 -0700 (PDT), bulka wrote:

> On Jul 5, 12:51 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> jt august wrote:
>>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh submissions.
>>> I, for one, and thrilled.

>>> jt

>> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
>> all should search our files and contribute.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

> Dog bless, or whatever. Good luck to them. Recipies are for amateurs
> and moderators are for sheep. I like our anarchy.

well, i must be an amateur. but i'm with you on the moderator part.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
> all should search our files and contribute.

From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through the
backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for her right
now by sending more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:44:34 -0500, Vesper wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:04:30 GMT, blake murphy
>> > wrote:

>>>i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.
>>>
>>>blake

>> That guy is a nut case ....

> assuming you're referring to sheldon, not me, you catch on pretty quick.

I'm just looking at you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaich said...

> Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3
> @news.astraweb.com:
>
>> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
>> all should search our files and contribute.

> From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through the
> backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for her right
> now by sending more.

R.F.R is for morons!!!

We have infinitely superior peer-reviewable recipe websites all over the web!

Because of old-fashioned moderation, R.F.R will always be the junkyard for
crap recipe disposal.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaich wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3
> @news.astraweb.com:
>
>> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
>> all should search our files and contribute.

> From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through the
> backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for her right
> now by sending more.

Oooops. I sent a recipe.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:44:20 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

>elaich wrote:
>> Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3
>> @news.astraweb.com:
>>
>>> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
>>> all should search our files and contribute.

>> From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through the
>> backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for her right
>> now by sending more.

>Oooops. I sent a recipe.

me too
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:30:09 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> "jt august" boasts:
>>>
>>> It seems r.f.r has a new moderator and I just saw 4 fresh emissions.
>>> I, for one, and thrilled.

>> Got your jollies, eh?

> i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.

Sheldon plays you like a puppet on a string, blake...heehee...

;-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:
>> brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> "jt august" boasts:

>>> Got your jollies, eh?

>> i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.

> Sheldon plays you like a puppet on a string, blake...heehee...
>
> ;-D

The Mick is my own personal Duncan Mc Yo Yo. . . . .
unlimited string: http://www.yo-yo.com/product_det.asp?ID=46

Mc Puppet I: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=26326634

Mc Puppet II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElxn6fGgSI

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:37:53 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 11:44:34 -0500, Vesper wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:04:30 GMT, blake murphy

>>> That guy is a nut case ....

>> assuming you're referring to sheldon, not me, you catch on pretty quick.
>>

> I'm just looking at you.

we'll talk about that later.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:16:22 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" wrote:
>> blake murphy wrote:

>>> i think you're the jerk-off artist around here, sheldon.

>> Sheldon plays you like a puppet on a string, blake...heehee...
>>
>> ;-D
>>

> The Mick is my own personal Duncan Mc Yo Yo. . . . .
> unlimited string: http://www.yo-yo.com/product_det.asp?ID=46
>
> Mc Puppet I: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=26326634
>
> Mc Puppet II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElxn6fGgSI

*you* play *me*? if making you look like an idiot makes me your toy,
maybe...

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> elaich said...
>
> > Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3
> > @news.astraweb.com:
> >
> >> I wasn't thrilled with any of the recipes, but I'm glad it's back. We
> >> all should search our files and contribute.

> > From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through the
> > backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for her right
> > now by sending more.

> R.F.R is for morons!!!
>
> We have infinitely superior peer-reviewable recipe websites all over the web!
>
> Because of old-fashioned moderation, R.F.R will always be the junkyard for
> crap recipe disposal.

r.f.r is a perennial group that dates back to before the existence of
the world wide web and its first browser, Mosaic. For old timers like
myself, there is a feeling of tradition in it. Also, I have seen ideas
that I would never have searched for. The one nice thing about its
being moderated is that it has been spared the obnoxious onslaught that
is spam (the non-edible type). If you choose to not read it, that is
your choice, but I will continue to browse it, and I am glad a new
moderator has stepped in to bring it back to life.

jt
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jt august said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> elaich said...
>>
>> > Janet Wilder > wrote in
>> > news:0009ec69$0$2389$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:

>> > From what she posted, she's been spending all this time going through
>> > the backlog and sorting it out. We shouldn't make things worse for
>> > her right now by sending more.

>> R.F.R is for morons!!!
>>
>> We have infinitely superior peer-reviewable recipe websites all over
>> the web!
>>
>> Because of old-fashioned moderation, R.F.R will always be the junkyard
>> for crap recipe disposal.

> r.f.r is a perennial group that dates back to before the existence of
> the world wide web and its first browser, Mosaic. For old timers like
> myself, there is a feeling of tradition in it. Also, I have seen ideas
> that I would never have searched for. The one nice thing about its
> being moderated is that it has been spared the obnoxious onslaught that
> is spam (the non-edible type). If you choose to not read it, that is
> your choice, but I will continue to browse it, and I am glad a new
> moderator has stepped in to bring it back to life.

jt,

I'm not one for censorship (moderation). You keep on living in YOUR past.

I've been online since 1969.

You're no old-timer. You're a DIMWIT!!!

LOLOL!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:16:08 -0500, Andy wrote:

> jt august said...
>
>> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> elaich said...

>>> R.F.R is for morons!!!
>>>
>>> We have infinitely superior peer-reviewable recipe websites all over
>>> the web!
>>>
>>> Because of old-fashioned moderation, R.F.R will always be the junkyard
>>> for crap recipe disposal.

>> r.f.r is a perennial group that dates back to before the existence of
>> the world wide web and its first browser, Mosaic. For old timers like
>> myself, there is a feeling of tradition in it. Also, I have seen ideas
>> that I would never have searched for. The one nice thing about its
>> being moderated is that it has been spared the obnoxious onslaught that
>> is spam (the non-edible type). If you choose to not read it, that is
>> your choice, but I will continue to browse it, and I am glad a new
>> moderator has stepped in to bring it back to life.

> jt,
>
> I'm not one for censorship (moderation). You keep on living in YOUR past.
>
> I've been online since 1969.
>
> You're no old-timer. You're a DIMWIT!!!
>
> LOLOL!!!
>
> Andy

good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969. take a bow, big
guy!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:16:08 -0500, Andy wrote:

> jt august said...
>
>> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>>

>>> R.F.R is for morons!!!
>>>
>>> We have infinitely superior peer-reviewable recipe websites all over
>>> the web!
>>>
>>> Because of old-fashioned moderation, R.F.R will always be the junkyard
>>> for crap recipe disposal.

>> r.f.r is a perennial group that dates back to before the existence of
>> the world wide web and its first browser, Mosaic. For old timers like
>> myself, there is a feeling of tradition in it. Also, I have seen ideas
>> that I would never have searched for. The one nice thing about its
>> being moderated is that it has been spared the obnoxious onslaught that
>> is spam (the non-edible type). If you choose to not read it, that is
>> your choice, but I will continue to browse it, and I am glad a new
>> moderator has stepped in to bring it back to life.

> jt,
>
> I'm not one for censorship (moderation). You keep on living in YOUR past.
>
> I've been online since 1969.
>
> You're no old-timer. You're a DIMWIT!!!
>
> LOLOL!!!
>
> Andy

good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969. take a bow, big
guy!

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy said...

> good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969. take a bow, big
> guy!
>
> blake

And just what do you have to show for yourself, "no legs" murphy?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:29:47 -0500, Andy wrote:

> blake murphy said...
>
>> good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969. take a bow, big
>> guy!
>>
>> blake

> And just what do you have to show for yourself, "no legs" murphy?
>
> Andy

you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at all and just
makes you look like an asshole. just a friendly tip.

maybe you can start making fun of people with diabetes. that should go
over pretty well here.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy said...

> you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at all

"No legs murphy", does't bother me at all either. Glad you don't mind.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote on Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:49:54 GMT:

>> blake murphy said...
>>
>>> good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969.
>>> take a bow, big guy!
>>>
>>> blake

>> And just what do you have to show for yourself, "no legs"
>> murphy?
>>
>> Andy

> you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at
> all and just makes you look like an asshole. just a friendly
> tip.

> maybe you can start making fun of people with diabetes. that
> should go over pretty well here.

Blake, people who mock other's physical disabilities are sub-human. I'm
glad to know that I only see Andy in quotation.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:29:47 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> blake murphy said...
>>
>>> good old andy, junkyard for extraneous crap since 1969. take a bow, big
>>> guy!
>>>
>>> blake

>> And just what do you have to show for yourself, "no legs" murphy?
>>
>> Andy

> you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at all and just
> makes you look like an asshole. just a friendly tip.

That's what everyone says when something realy does bothers them; that it
doesn't bother them... if it didn't bother you then you'd let it soar right
over your head and not say anything... the mick vulva face protestith too
much... it BOTHERS you. Raggedy Andy, a sawdust filled sock doll is smarter
than you! LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton said...

> Blake, people who mock other's physical disabilities are sub-human. I'm
> glad to know that I only see Andy in quotation.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton

You choose to feel safe with insulting assholes like murphy? You're
entitled. Not correct but entitled.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy Carman > wrote:

Nice to see you posting here! Thank you very much for volunteering to
take over the newsgroup from Patricia Hill.

> On Jul 6, 10:33*pm, I'mafoodi > wrote:
> > On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:44:20 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> She is actually a HE... and is me.

Yes, I thought so.

> Thanks for all of your comments.... both good and bad. Let's see how
> the group progresses over time.

Historically - that is at least until 1995 or so... probably rather
longer - the rec.food.recipes newsgroup had always been more popular
than rec.food.cooking, at least as measured in "real" terms (cf.
Arbitron ratings). It is most probably not the case anymore, owing to
the many Web alternatives now available. Still, it is clearly something
that many people still want. The rec.food.cooking newsgroup has been
experiencing many similar problems with people migrating elsewhere, but
it at least retained its major advantage of the real Usenet threading,
which is something that no Web-based competition can yet match.

The rfr does not, by its implied charter and choice, take advantage of
the threading and, seen realistically, is likely to fare worse, long- or
even medium-term, as it offers no real alternative to the competition.

Victor
who (cross)posts the rfc FAQ to rfr
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy Carman wrote:
> On Jul 6, 10:33 pm, I'mafoodi > wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:44:20 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> She is actually a HE... and is me. I'm weeding through the recipes
> from April 15th forward, posting them as I go along. You can feel
> free to submit new recipes since I've also been posting the MOST
> RECENT recipes first as I work backwards chronologically. For those
> who commented on the quality of the posted recipes, I have no control
> over that. The recipes are as good as the people who posted them,
> which I have no control over.
>
> I'm slowly moving forward as I continue to catch-up and get my feet
> wet.
>
> Thanks for all of your comments.... both good and bad. Let's see how
> the group progresses over time.
>
> -Tracy E. Carman, Lead Moderator
> rec.food.recipes Usenet Newsgroup

Tracy,

Thanks for all the work. Just wanted to let you know that it's very much
appreciated.

Janet
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:00:33 -0500, Andy wrote:

> blake murphy said...
>
>> you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at all

> "No legs murphy", does't bother me at all either. Glad you don't mind.
>
> Andy

dig yourself in deeper, andy. soon even the little old ladies here will
think you're a toad.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:12:11 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:29:47 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> blake murphy said...

>>> And just what do you have to show for yourself, "no legs" murphy?
>>>
>>> Andy

>> you know, this continued 'no legs' crap doesn't bother me at all and just
>> makes you look like an asshole. just a friendly tip.
>>

> That's what everyone says when something realy does bothers them; that it
> doesn't bother them... if it didn't bother you then you'd let it soar right
> over your head and not say anything... the mick vulva face protestith too
> much... it BOTHERS you. Raggedy Andy, a sawdust filled sock doll is smarter
> than you! LOL

i laugh even harder at you than at andy. it's hard to tell sometimes who
is stupider.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:42:58 -0700 (PDT), Tracy Carman wrote:

> On Jul 6, 10:33*pm, I'mafoodi > wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:44:20 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> She is actually a HE... and is me. I'm weeding through the recipes
> from April 15th forward, posting them as I go along. You can feel
> free to submit new recipes since I've also been posting the MOST
> RECENT recipes first as I work backwards chronologically. For those
> who commented on the quality of the posted recipes, I have no control
> over that. The recipes are as good as the people who posted them,
> which I have no control over.
>
> I'm slowly moving forward as I continue to catch-up and get my feet
> wet.
>
> Thanks for all of your comments.... both good and bad. Let's see how
> the group progresses over time.
>
> -Tracy E. Carman, Lead Moderator
> rec.food.recipes Usenet Newsgroup

good luck, tracy.