Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Acetaminophen toxicity

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Several months ago, in a thread that had wandered away
> from discussing food, I mentioned that I favored banning
> acetaminophen from the market due to its high toxicity and
> low therapeutic index relative to other pain medicines.
>
> It appears that, unusually in my experience, public policy in the
> U.S. is actually moving in a direction that I had hoped.

I have to say, I took acetaminophen for the first time early this month and
got instant relief from a crushing headache. It also gave me the sweats,
which I guess meant I had a fever. I read about the warnings later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 3:29*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message

> > Several months ago, in a thread that had wandered away
> > from discussing food, I mentioned that I favored banning
> > acetaminophen from the market due to its high toxicity and
> > low therapeutic index relative to other pain medicines.

> > It appears that, unusually in my experience, public policy in the
> > U.S. *is actually moving in a direction that I had hoped.

> I have to say, I took acetaminophen for the first time early this month and
> got instant relief from a crushing headache. It also gave me the sweats,
> which I guess meant I had a fever. I read about the warnings later.

Very likely you also had a fever, and the sweats was the fever
breaking.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> Several months ago, in a thread that had wandered away
>> from discussing food, I mentioned that I favored banning
>> acetaminophen from the market due to its high toxicity and
>> low therapeutic index relative to other pain medicines.
>>
>> It appears that, unusually in my experience, public policy in the
>> U.S. is actually moving in a direction that I had hoped.

> I have to say, I took acetaminophen for the first time early this month
> and got instant relief from a crushing headache. It also gave me the
> sweats, which I guess meant I had a fever. I read about the warnings
> later.

The sweats are just the anti-pyretic effect of the drug.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>>> Several months ago, in a thread that had wandered away
>>> from discussing food, I mentioned that I favored banning
>>> acetaminophen from the market due to its high toxicity and
>>> low therapeutic index relative to other pain medicines.
>>>
>>> It appears that, unusually in my experience, public policy in the
>>> U.S. is actually moving in a direction that I had hoped.

>> I have to say, I took acetaminophen for the first time early this month
>> and got instant relief from a crushing headache. It also gave me the
>> sweats, which I guess meant I had a fever. I read about the warnings
>> later.

> The sweats are just the anti-pyretic effect of the drug.

Right. It broke my fever. The literature states that the drug does not
affect the temperature of a body that does not have a fever.

Question on toxicity Paul Winemaking 8 09-01-2009 08:30 PM
Brief Wood Toxicity Chart Piedmont Barbecue 8 26-12-2004 09:57 AM
Mercury Toxicity and Vegetarian Diet ta Vegan 12 06-12-2004 01:42 AM
Toxicity of Sodium Metabisulphite Gabriel Winemaking 2 21-10-2004 05:43 AM
Mercury Toxicity and Vegetarian Diet ta Vegan 2 23-05-2004 05:36 PM