Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default coriander stain in carpet

I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
know what will work on this?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaich wrote on Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC):

> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a
> dummy, I ended up dumping the plate all over me and the
> carpet. Now both my tan shorts and tan carpet have a
> distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody know
> what will work on this?

Are we really talking about turmeric since the stain is yellow? Turmeric
can be removed from clothes by using one of those pre-wash products like
a Stain Stick. It also bleaches in bright light so washed clothes could
be left in the sun outside. I have no prescription for carpet but carpet
shampoo might help some.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaich wrote:
> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I
> ended up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my
> tan shorts and tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't
> come out. Does anybody know what will work on this?

I have had luck with really stubborn stains using Spot Shot.

Here's the FAQ, maybe it will tell you if it's suitable:

http://www.spotshot.com/faqs/

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 7:16*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> elaich wrote:
> > I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I
> > ended up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my
> > tan shorts and tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't
> > come out. Does anybody know what will work on this?

> I have had luck with really stubborn stains using Spot Shot.
>
> Here's the FAQ, maybe it will tell you if it's suitable:
>
> http://www.spotshot.com/faqs/
>
> nancy

i've used spot shot in the past and it is very good. but i've never
seen it in the spray bottle, only the aerosol can.

harriet & critters in azusa, ca (100F through next week)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC), elaich > wrote:

>I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
>up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
>tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
>know what will work on this?

Oxiclean?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The coriander stain in carpet

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC), elaich > wrote:

>>I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
>>up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
>>tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
>>know what will work on this?

Talked to a friend who's a professional cleaner, she sent me this
email.

Removing stains like Turmeric - Apply lemon on the effected area,
leave it for half an hour. Then wash it with soapy water until stains
vanish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Jul 1, 7:16 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>> elaich wrote:
>>> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I
>>> ended up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my
>>> tan shorts and tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't
>>> come out. Does anybody know what will work on this?

>> I have had luck with really stubborn stains using Spot Shot.
>>
>> Here's the FAQ, maybe it will tell you if it's suitable:

http://www.spotshot.com/faqs/

> i've used spot shot in the past and it is very good. but i've never
> seen it in the spray bottle, only the aerosol can.

Same here. I got a can of the aerosol somewhere years and
years ago, probably at a pet store. It was hard to find. Now it's
available everywhere. I never looked, but I have never seen the
spray, either.

> harriet & critters in azusa, ca (100F through next week)

Oh, that heat. Yikes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 8:06*am, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC), elaich > wrote:
> >I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
> >up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
> >tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
> >know what will work on this?

> Oxiclean?
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

You're bad...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 9:57*am, elaich > wrote:
> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
> up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
> tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
> know what will work on this?

In addition to all of the other fine remedies, turmeric stains are
reportedly
bleached by sunlight. That might not work for the carpet, but you
could
try drying your shorts in the sun.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaich wrote:
> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
> up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
> tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
> know what will work on this?

I, too, suggest Spot Shot. It's worked great for me on all kinds of
stains. The other thing you might want to try is Nature's Miracle. It's
an enzyme mostly used for pet stains, but it does work well on anything
organic. Does a great number on red wine stains.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:27:43 -0700 (PDT), Merryb >
wrote:

>On Jul 1, 8:06*am, sf > wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:57:08 +0000 (UTC), elaich > wrote:
>> >I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
>> >up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts and
>> >tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does anybody
>> >know what will work on this?

>> Oxiclean?
>>

>You're bad...

I know, but what the heck... it might even work. It's a product I've
used in the past quite successfully *when it's fresh*.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in news:2aK2m.1909
:

> Are we really talking about turmeric since the stain is yellow?

Yes. Sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 01 Jul 2009 06:57:08a, elaich told us...

> I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I
> ended up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan
> shorts and tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come
> out. Does anybody know what will work on this?

Try the shorts first. Saturage the fabric with hydrogen peroxide. (You can
by higher concentrations of this at beauty supply stores.) Essentially it
acts as an oxygen bleach and will usually remove organic stains. It might
take repeated treatments. It will not harm or bleach the fabric or the
carpet.

--
Wayne Boatwright
A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaich" > wrote in message ...
>I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
> up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts
> and
> tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does
> anybody
> know what will work on this?

A carpet cleaner once said that citric acid is the strongest thing you can
use for stubborn stains. But you have to clean the acid off quickly, else it
eats the carpet. If it doesn't work, buy something to put over the stain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 06:55:35 -0400, "Kswck" >
wrote:

>"elaich" > wrote in message ...
>>I made a delicious Madras curry using fresh spices. Like a dummy, I ended
>> up dumping the plate all over me and the carpet. Now both my tan shorts
>> and
>> tan carpet have a distictive yellow stain that won't come out. Does
>> anybody
>> know what will work on this?

>A carpet cleaner once said that citric acid is the strongest thing you can
>use for stubborn stains. But you have to clean the acid off quickly, else it
>eats the carpet. If it doesn't work, buy something to put over the stain.

Lemon juice