Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Default Hardcore Food/Cooking Books

On Jul 3, 7:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>
> Anybody want to back him up on that?
>
> -sw

=================================
Yeah! I do. Smoking in "Public Places" is illegal in Fargo. This
means EVERY place except a real "members only" private club like a
psycho-social rehabilitation center where there must be a separate
room with a completely separate ventilation system- and they can't
sell anything. So far this ordinance covers only interiors but smoking
may be prohibited at the promoters' discretion at outdoor events - as
in the stands at a baseball game etc.
Lynn in Fargo
Was 40+ years a smoker, now has emphysema
(and COPD & diabetes II and cardiac anomalies and . . . )
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:16:56 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I love those.... I don't think I've ever had Wise brand though.

>> Wise is a regional snack food company who only distributes to the
>> Eastern US.
>>
>> -sw

> Oh, we do have that brand here. I am just not aware of their
> waffies. ACTUALLY, I may have seen them in passing for the first
> time within the last week. This is just a guess though. I didn't
> note the brand. My daughter deterred me from making a further
> investigation.

i don't think i've seen either brand (or any other) in maryland for quite
some time.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:54:06 -0500, JERRY wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> just
>>> the

>>> Steve, here's a thought.. why don't YOU use a dictionary and look up the
>>> word "public property"!!!

>> How quickly you forget. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property
>>
>> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
>> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>>
>> Anybody want to back him up on that?
>>
>> -sw

> Steve, you should have read the whole thing before you posted the link.
> Read the part that says:
>
> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as zoos,
> libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted use, such as
> military bases and research laboratories.
>
> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

'accessible to the public' doesn't mean the owner can't kick your ass off
his property.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:55:43 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:54:06 -0500, JERRY wrote:
>

>> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as zoos,
>> libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted use, such as
>> military bases and research laboratories.
>>
>> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

> 'accessible to the public' doesn't mean the owner can't kick your ass off
> his property.

This is what started the argument in the first place. Jerry was
"unjustly" told not to return to the Taco Bell drive-thru.

After all, his taxes paid for that Taco Bell and the asphalt in the
parking lot so he has every right to use that Taco Bell drive-thru.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:16:56 -0400, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Wise is a regional snack food company who only distributes to the
>>> Eastern US.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Oh, we do have that brand here. I am just not aware of their
>> waffies. ACTUALLY, I may have seen them in passing for the first
>> time within the last week. This is just a guess though. I didn't
>> note the brand. My daughter deterred me from making a further
>> investigation.

> i don't think i've seen either brand (or any other) in maryland for quite
> some time.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I was looking for something for my daughter and noticed waffies.
That is potentially a bad thing, because I love them. There was
the usual plus another brand, which I didn't notice, because I was
too busy noticing there were a few different flavors.

Now, I'm gonna have to look (online).... Hmmm. I just see one
flavor from Wise.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Default Hard-on Food/Cooking Books

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:54:06 -0500, JERRY wrote:

>>> How quickly you forget. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property
>>>
>>> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
>>> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>>>
>>> Anybody want to back him up on that?

>> Steve, you should have read the whole thing before you posted the
>> link. Read the part that says:
>>
>> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as
>> zoos, libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted
>> use, such as military bases and research laboratories.

> Yeah - so how the hell does this back up your hypothesis?
>
> Your sphincter is open to the general public. Does that make your
> ass public property, too?
>
>> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

> Translation: "I really ****ed up this argument up many multiple
> times"

We see that Steve is bored and so he is setting up fake "conversations" with
his "JERRY" sockpuppet...

<yawn>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Jul 3, 7:20 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>>> the
>>> Steve, here's a thought.. why don't YOU use a dictionary and look up the
>>> word "public property"!!!

>> How quickly you forget.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property
>>
>> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
>> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>>
>> Anybody want to back him up on that?
>>
>> -sw

> Taco Bell is part of the YUM conglomerate (along with KFC, Pizza Hut,
> Frito-Lay and other institutions catering to the morbidly obese). YUM
> is a publicly traded company. Maybe that's what he means.

He could never understand that.

-dk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:53:33 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> i don't think i've seen either brand (or any other) in maryland for quite
> some time.

Old London is most recognized for their Melba Toasts and snacks.
The cheese waffles now come in bags instead of boxes - which is why
I didn't see them at first.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:46:00 -0400, Jean B. wrote:

> I was looking for something for my daughter and noticed waffies.
> That is potentially a bad thing, because I love them. There was
> the usual plus another brand, which I didn't notice, because I was
> too busy noticing there were a few different flavors.
>
> Now, I'm gonna have to look (online).... Hmmm. I just see one
> flavor from Wise.

The Swiss cheese version from Old London can't hold a candle to the
cheddar variety. All the fat and salt, but not much on taste.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:39:26 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> I've never seen Wise cheese waffles. I've seen Old London, but
> not since the last time those came up in conversation here. Good
> thing, they are addictive.

I noticed that even stores that did carry Cheez Waffies, that they
were hit or miss.

I can't beleive they're not that great of a seller for stores to
carry them all the time. They are evil, though. Maybe Wise is
afraid to get sued so they have to limit distribution of them.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 05:43:39 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
Ografmorffig wrote:

> On Jul 3, 7:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
>> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>>
>> Anybody want to back him up on that?
>>
>> -sw

> =================================
> Yeah! I do.

Put the smoking gripe aside and tell us, for real, are you really
suggesting that Taco Bell is Public Property?

Must be that lack of oxygen.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:53:33 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> i don't think i've seen either brand (or any other) in maryland for
>> quite some time.

> Old London is most recognized for their Melba Toasts and snacks.
> The cheese waffles now come in bags instead of boxes - which is why
> I didn't see them at first.

That's definitely going to help me find them. They seemed to
disappear from all the stores I checked at about the same time, but I was
looking for the box, by the melba toast. I wouldn't have noticed a bag, I
only see what I'm expecting.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:21:58 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:55:43 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:54:06 -0500, JERRY wrote:
>>

>>> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as zoos,
>>> libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted use, such as
>>> military bases and research laboratories.
>>>
>>> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

>> 'accessible to the public' doesn't mean the owner can't kick your ass off
>> his property.

> This is what started the argument in the first place. Jerry was
> "unjustly" told not to return to the Taco Bell drive-thru.
>
> After all, his taxes paid for that Taco Bell and the asphalt in the
> parking lot so he has every right to use that Taco Bell drive-thru.
>
> -sw

i figured it was something along those lines. 'i got my rights!'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 22:54:48 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:53:33 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> i don't think i've seen either brand (or any other) in maryland for quite
>> some time.

> Old London is most recognized for their Melba Toasts and snacks.
> The cheese waffles now come in bags instead of boxes - which is why
> I didn't see them at first.
>
> -sw

i'm gonna have to look. i remember liking them a good deal.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:48:26 -0500, JERRY wrote:

> Get your damn fact's straight. I was ASKED not to use the drive-thru with
> my old car, and when I told them fine, but I'll never return hear again they
> begged me to come back to the drive-thru.

You were TOLD not to use the drive-through. You can call it "asked" if you want, but you were TOLD. It was not an option after that visit. That must have been hella embarassing. And they never "begged you to come back" though that is a very nice Sauk-touch on the story.

Here is your exact post on the subject, in all it's creamy goodness:

"My local Taco Bell just lost their biggest customer. I went there after
work today for my regular after-work meal and when I pulled up to the window
to get my food, they asked me to stop using the drive-through and go to the
dining room before it closes. Well Dammit the dining room is closed after
work and even if it was open I have A RIGHT to use the drive through,
guarenteed by law. They said that there was too much fumes coming from my
car and it was gassing out the employee's in the windows, and they said
customers sometimes complained. They also said the engine was too loud and
they could never hear my order or the person in front of me's. This is
bullshit. Due to modern technology, they should be able to solve this
problem with some sort of inexpensive noise filter, and it's the only car I
could afford. (and I can't afford to repair it)

I admit I lost my temper, I told them to go to hell and I was never coming
back and I threw my food back into the window and demanded my money back.
At least they applied and I got my money back, and they also gave me back
the food to eat for free. (Obviously just to try to make me change my mind)
But I was so upset I vowed never to return there. And I'm really upset
still now. My Taco Bell consumption will definitely decrease, whenever I DO
go it will always be to another location."

See? No mention of ever "begging you to come back". Why would they
when they just banned you ugly ass?

Are you done making a fool out of yourself?

That's a rhetorical question.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:48:26 -0500, JERRY wrote:
>
> > Get your damn fact's straight. I was ASKED not to use the drive-thru

with
> > my old car, and when I told them fine, but I'll never return hear again

they
> > begged me to come back to the drive-thru.

> You were TOLD not to use the drive-through. You can call it "asked" if

you want, but you were TOLD. It was not an option after that visit. That
must have been hella embarassing. And they never "begged you to come back"
though that is a very nice Sauk-touch on the story.

> Here is your exact post on the subject, in all it's creamy goodness:
>
> "My local Taco Bell just lost their biggest customer. I went there after
> work today for my regular after-work meal and when I pulled up to the

window
> to get my food, they asked me to stop using the drive-through and go to

the
> dining room before it closes. Well Dammit the dining room is closed after
> work and even if it was open I have A RIGHT to use the drive through,
> guarenteed by law. They said that there was too much fumes coming from my
> car and it was gassing out the employee's in the windows, and they said
> customers sometimes complained. They also said the engine was too loud

and
> they could never hear my order or the person in front of me's. This is
> bullshit. Due to modern technology, they should be able to solve this
> problem with some sort of inexpensive noise filter, and it's the only car

> could afford. (and I can't afford to repair it)
>
> I admit I lost my temper, I told them to go to hell and I was never coming
> back and I threw my food back into the window and demanded my money back.
> At least they applied and I got my money back, and they also gave me back
> the food to eat for free. (Obviously just to try to make me change my

mind)
> But I was so upset I vowed never to return there. And I'm really upset
> still now. My Taco Bell consumption will definitely decrease, whenever I

DO
> go it will always be to another location."
>
> See? No mention of ever "begging you to come back". Why would they
> when they just banned you ugly ass?
>
> Are you done making a fool out of yourself?
>
> That's a rhetorical question.
>
> -sw

Steve, your the one who's making a fool or youtslef because of your
inability to see the full-picture. Now, shut up!

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:50:19 -0500, JERRY wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> just

> the

>>> Steve, you should have read the whole thing before you posted the link.
>>> Read the part that says:
>>>
>>> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as zoos,
>>> libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted use, such

> as
>>> military bases and research laboratories.
>>>
>>> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

>> 'accessible to the public' doesn't mean the owner can't kick your ass off
>> his property.
>>
>> blake

> We already discussed this. Nobody can kick you off unless your actually
> breaking a law, because of the law of discrimination.

People can't hear you if you keep snipping the newsgroups you're
responding to.

You're like a little baby that covers their ears when they know
they're noting to like the answer. How more pathetic can you get?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:50:19 -0500, JERRY wrote:

as

> > the

link.

zoos,

such
> > as

> >> 'accessible to the public' doesn't mean the owner can't kick your ass

off
> >> his property.
> >>
> >> blake

> > We already discussed this. Nobody can kick you off unless your actually
> > breaking a law, because of the law of discrimination.

> People can't hear you if you keep snipping the newsgroups you're
> responding to.
>
> You're like a little baby that covers their ears when they know
> they're noting to like the answer. How more pathetic can you get?
>
> -sw

Steve, my correctness on this issue has been proved MANY time's over teh
last year. I have NOTHING to be afraid about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:46:00 -0400, Jean B. wrote:
>
>> I was looking for something for my daughter and noticed waffies.
>> That is potentially a bad thing, because I love them. There was
>> the usual plus another brand, which I didn't notice, because I was
>> too busy noticing there were a few different flavors.
>>
>> Now, I'm gonna have to look (online).... Hmmm. I just see one
>> flavor from Wise.

> The Swiss cheese version from Old London can't hold a candle to the
> cheddar variety. All the fat and salt, but not much on taste.
>
> -sw

I think I'd agree, because I like the zesty flavor of the cheddar
ones. Hmmm. I may indulge while my daughter is away. I should
start a list. (The top of that would be Mexican food, since she
won't even try it.)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:39:26 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I've never seen Wise cheese waffles. I've seen Old London, but
>> not since the last time those came up in conversation here. Good
>> thing, they are addictive.

> I noticed that even stores that did carry Cheez Waffies, that they
> were hit or miss.
>
> I can't beleive they're not that great of a seller for stores to
> carry them all the time. They are evil, though. Maybe Wise is
> afraid to get sued so they have to limit distribution of them.
>
> -sw

LOL! Yes, they are evil! Very hard to resist, and thus safer not
to have a package of them around.

--
Jean B.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:25:28 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:48:26 -0500, JERRY wrote:
>
>> Get your damn fact's straight. I was ASKED not to use the drive-thru with
>> my old car, and when I told them fine, but I'll never return hear again they
>> begged me to come back to the drive-thru.

> You were TOLD not to use the drive-through. You can call it "asked" if you want, but you were TOLD. It was not an option after that visit. That must have been hella embarassing. And they never "begged you to come back" though that is a very nice Sauk-touch on the story.
>
> Here is your exact post on the subject, in all it's creamy goodness:
>
> "My local Taco Bell just lost their biggest customer. I went there after
> work today for my regular after-work meal and when I pulled up to the window
> to get my food, they asked me to stop using the drive-through and go to the
> dining room before it closes. Well Dammit the dining room is closed after
> work and even if it was open I have A RIGHT to use the drive through,
> guarenteed by law. They said that there was too much fumes coming from my
> car and it was gassing out the employee's in the windows, and they said
> customers sometimes complained. They also said the engine was too loud and
> they could never hear my order or the person in front of me's. This is
> bullshit. Due to modern technology, they should be able to solve this
> problem with some sort of inexpensive noise filter, and it's the only car I
> could afford. (and I can't afford to repair it)
>
> I admit I lost my temper, I told them to go to hell and I was never coming
> back and I threw my food back into the window and demanded my money back.
> At least they applied and I got my money back, and they also gave me back
> the food to eat for free. (Obviously just to try to make me change my mind)
> But I was so upset I vowed never to return there. And I'm really upset
> still now. My Taco Bell consumption will definitely decrease, whenever I DO
> go it will always be to another location."

you're right, that *was* full of creamy goodness. i can almost hear
variations of 'ah, jesus' being muttered when they sense his car coming
from a block or two away.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:26:41 -0500, JERRY wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>> People can't hear you if you keep snipping the newsgroups you're
>> responding to.
>>
>> You're like a little baby that covers their ears when they know
>> they're noting to like the answer. How more pathetic can you get?
>>
>> -sw

> Steve, my correctness on this issue has been proved MANY time's over teh
> last year. I have NOTHING to be afraid about.

nothing to fear but fear itself, jerry old bean.

your pal,
franklin
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

"JERRY" > wrote in message
m...

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> just
>> > the

>> > Steve, here's a thought.. why don't YOU use a dictionary and look up
>> > the
>> > word "public property"!!!

>> How quickly you forget. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_property
>>
>> (For those of you not in the know, Jerry here insists that Taco
>> Bells (and all restaurants and stores) are Public Property.
>>
>> Anybody want to back him up on that?
>>
>> -sw

> Steve, you should have read the whole thing before you posted the link.
> Read the part that says:
>
> Most public property is accessible to the general public, such as zoos,
> libraries, schools, and parks; some is reserved for restricted use, such
> as
> military bases and research laboratories.
>
> ONCE AGAIN, the matter is settled. Go find another group to troll.

In Ostrich like fashion ,Jerry buries his head in the mashed potato's

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:57:27 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> you're right, that *was* full of creamy goodness. i can almost hear
> variations of 'ah, jesus' being muttered when they sense his car coming
> from a block or two away.

Can you imagine what they did to his food to try and get him to stop
eating there?

They eventually realized that no amount of spit and shit on his food
could drive him away so they finally had to confront him about it
and lay down the law.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:57:27 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
> > you're right, that *was* full of creamy goodness. i can almost hear
> > variations of 'ah, jesus' being muttered when they sense his car coming
> > from a block or two away.

> Can you imagine what they did to his food to try and get him to stop
> eating there?
>
> They eventually realized that no amount of spit and shit on his food
> could drive him away so they finally had to confront him about it
> and lay down the law.
>
> -sw

Did you forget that they asked me to keep being a customer there? I
obviously was one of their mist valuable customer's.

Cooking books werwiniskp Baking 0 09-03-2009 12:49 PM
FA: Old 1960's/70's Cooking Books Paul Miller General Cooking 9 14-04-2006 11:11 PM
FA: Old 1960's/70's Cooking Books Paul Miller Historic 0 14-04-2006 07:28 PM
Cooking Books Bestsellers brilliant_dance General Cooking 0 01-08-2005 04:28 PM
low carb cooking books Mike Mills General Cooking 0 07-04-2005 03:45 AM