Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Smoked Salmon Spread

This link is to a column by a food writer for the Juneau Empire. Her
restaurant food is well regarded in Juneau. She describes the salmon
spread she created for taking to impromptu picnics and potlucks. The
recipe sounds lighter than the one I've posted in the past, and I
would omit the walnuts but that's just MHO. Salmon fishing is good so
far this season in Alaska. -aem

http://juneauempire.com/stories/0620...52995219.shtml
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:
> This link is to a column by a food writer for the Juneau Empire. Her
> restaurant food is well regarded in Juneau. She describes the salmon
> spread she created for taking to impromptu picnics and potlucks. The
> recipe sounds lighter than the one I've posted in the past, and I
> would omit the walnuts but that's just MHO. Salmon fishing is good so
> far this season in Alaska. -aem
>
> http://juneauempire.com/stories/0620...52995219.shtml

That sounds delicious. We almost always have smoked salmon at home.
The Costcos here carry a locally smoked salmon that's wonderful.
(My grandson announced, when he was about 3 and I served it to guests
while he was visiting, "Grandma, that's my FAVORITE meat!")

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p wrote:
> aem wrote:
>> This link is to a column by a food writer for the Juneau Empire. Her
>> restaurant food is well regarded in Juneau. She describes the salmon
>> spread she created for taking to impromptu picnics and potlucks. The
>> recipe sounds lighter than the one I've posted in the past, and I
>> would omit the walnuts but that's just MHO. Salmon fishing is good so
>> far this season in Alaska. -aem
>>
>> http://juneauempire.com/stories/0620...52995219.shtml

> That sounds delicious. We almost always have smoked salmon at home.
> The Costcos here carry a locally smoked salmon that's wonderful.
> (My grandson announced, when he was about 3 and I served it to guests
> while he was visiting, "Grandma, that's my FAVORITE meat!")
>
> gloria p

One dumb question .

What exactly is "Louisiana-style hot sauce " ?

However, the recipe looks delightful and very cost effective per serve .

I am a bit of a smoked salmon junkie .
Thanks for posting the link another keeper .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phil-c wrote:

> One dumb question .
>
> What exactly is "Louisiana-style hot sauce " ?

The generic name for Tobasco.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Phil-c wrote:
>> One dumb question .
>>
>> What exactly is "Louisiana-style hot sauce " ?

> The generic name for Tobasco.

Thanks mark

Damn Idiom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:28:40 +0800, Phil-c wrote:

> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> Phil-c wrote:
>>> One dumb question .
>>>
>>> What exactly is "Louisiana-style hot sauce " ?

>> The generic name for Tobasco.

> Thanks mark
>
> Damn Idiom

just be aware there are many brands of louisiana-style hot sauce and
considerable differences in how they taste. tabasco is probably the most
popular (and possibly easiest to find in australia?).

if you google ["louisiana-style hot sauce" reviews], you'll turn up
hundreds of brands.

your pal,
blake