Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Well so much for having a quick cup o' soup...

Was doing my daily catch-up here and started reading a couple of the
threads about 'quick & easy meals'... Made me peckish, (and it was
getting close to my brunch time) so I thought, "Why don't I just go and
make a "cup o' soup" and a slice of toast."

Went into the kitchen and scratched in the cupboards. Hmmmm. Chicken and
noodle or vegetable soup? Then I remembered I had some left over
chicken...

OK, What veggies do I have? Ah, potatoes, carrots, onions - no leeks.
But wait! - should still be some in the garden. Head off to the veggie
patch - find a couple of leeks, what else? Aha! some flat leafed
parsley won't hurt either. Head back to kitchen. Clean leeks. Chop,
chop, chop. Find some some chicken stock. Bit of garlic (of course), s
& p - and some other dried herbs.............

I now have a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup gently simmering on
the stove - which should be ready to eat in a couple of hours - but of
course now I'm not just peckish, I'm hungry.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy <-- heading back to the kitchen to make a slice of toast
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> Was doing my daily catch-up here and started reading a couple of the
> threads about 'quick & easy meals'... Made me peckish, (and it was
> getting close to my brunch time) so I thought, "Why don't I just go and
> make a "cup o' soup" and a slice of toast."

<snipped>

> I now have a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup gently simmering on
> the stove - which should be ready to eat in a couple of hours - but of
> course now I'm not just peckish, I'm hungry.

Another gold star for ChattyCathy for taking "instant" to new heights!
Attagirl!

Andy
--
"I only know what I read, not what I'm talking about!"
--Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> ChattyCathy said...
>
>> Was doing my daily catch-up here and started reading a couple of the
>> threads about 'quick & easy meals'... Made me peckish, (and it was
>> getting close to my brunch time) so I thought, "Why don't I just go
>> and make a "cup o' soup" and a slice of toast."

> <snipped>
>
>> I now have a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup gently simmering
>> on the stove - which should be ready to eat in a couple of hours -
>> but of course now I'm not just peckish, I'm hungry.

> Another gold star for ChattyCathy for taking "instant" to new heights!
> Attagirl!

<lol>

Just had a bowl of the abovementioned soup. (While at my keyboard, of
course). And it was PDG, if I do say so myself. <vbg>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> ChattyCathy > newsYJ_l.38912$gz5.31020
> @newsfe07.iad: in rec.food.cooking
>
> <snip for space>
>

> > I now have a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup gently simmering on
> > the stove - which should be ready to eat in a couple of hours - but of
> > course now I'm not just peckish, I'm hungry.

> I can't tell you how many times I've done exactly the same thing. Gawd...
> one time I created a monster. I had a bunch of pot roast left over and
> plenty of carrots and potatoes. To make it short, I wound up with a gallon
> of beef stew.
>
> Michael

Fortunately, most stews and soups freeze well. ;-)
It's very difficult to make small amounts of soup sometimes!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe: