Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Andy

Old 11-06-2009, 12:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy wrote:
Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Ewww. Bud Light is nasty swill that's only function is as an ethanol
delivery vehicle. You're drinking that for breakfast?

Andy

Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote in :

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
mugs of Bud light.

sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider.

You?

haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
eating breakfast was a waste of time & food), but it will be leftover
garlic chicken pasta from last night's dinner.
i think i'll make some rhubarb muffins for the weekend this
afternoon though...
lee
Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy wrote:
Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Ewww. Bud Light is nasty swill that's only function is as an ethanol
delivery vehicle. You're drinking that for breakfast?

Andy

Bryan,

I've been raked over the coals for that many times.

Believe it or not, I have had some of the best beers in the world.
Delivered to my door by the USAF.

Best,

Andy

Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 6:27*am, enigma wrote:
Andy wrote :

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
mugs of Bud light.

sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider. *

I can't recall the last time I had a beer--or any alcoholic bev--in
the morning when I had not slept in a tent the night before.

You?

haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
eating breakfast was a waste of time & food)

And I thought that *I* hated school.

lee

--Bryan
Old 11-06-2009, 12:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 6:30*am, Andy wrote:
Bobo Bonobo® said...

Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma said...

Andy wrote in :

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
mugs of Bud light.

sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider.

lee,

The difference being, I don't want to get drunk in the morning and I don't
want a belly of high-octane suds (too filling). Imho.

haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
eating breakfast was a waste of time & food), but it will be leftover
garlic chicken pasta from last night's dinner.
i think i'll make some rhubarb muffins for the weekend this
afternoon though...
lee

An old GF puked after EVERY meal. It beat having to exercise to maintain
her figure. She quickly became a waste of my time, money and interest.

Best,

Andy
Breakfast is gold.
Lunch is silver.
Dinner is lead.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

I wasn't aware that the Air Force was in the beer delivery business.

Bryan,

They were tempted to drop parachute cases (flying over) into my pool and
spare the drive over. Never happened. Too many tall trees in its way. I
appreciated the typical USAF incentive! ))

Best,

Andy
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:24:33 -0500, Andy wrote:

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Andy

Peanut Butter Smoothie, 2 rye yoast, 2 expresso

Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Peanut Butter Smoothie, 2 rye yoast, 2 expresso

What exactly goes into a peanut butter smoothie?

Andy
Old 11-06-2009, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Andy

Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

--
Jean B.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.

Andy
Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:16:48 -0500, Andy wrote:

Jean B. said...

Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.

Andy

I would guess you could add cheese to it Andy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Paneer Pakora

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Appetizer

REQUIRED INGREDIENTS
20 pieces 1-inch wide paneer pieces -- 1/4"
thick, 2" long

SET ONE
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup yogurt
1 pinch baking powder
1/2 teaspoon mint leave paste
Salt -- to taste
Oil -- to deep fry

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of Set 1. The batter is ready.

Heat oil in a skillet on medium and when oil is hot, dip each paneer
piece in the above batter such that it coats both sides well and then
drop it in oil. Do similarly for other pieces too. Cook on medium-low
heat evenly on both sides until light golden brown.

Cuisine: "Indian"
Source: "Amma's Indian Recipes"

(Cooking time): "0:25"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 3g Fat (21.4%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Goes well with pudina (mint) chutney. *(see notes)

NOTES : (Recipe for pudina chutney: two fistfuls of mint leaves, 2
tbsp. of fresh pomegranate seeds, two green chili, 1/4 tsp. of sugar.

Make into a smooth paste everything except pomegranate seeds and add
the seeds after removing from the blender. Mix well and serve
chilled).

Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Jean B. said...

Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.

Andy

Well, these are triangular slabs of cheese (paneer), sometimes
filled with a nonsweet chutney, coated in a batter based on
chickpea flour, and fried in deep fat (or should that be "fat",
given that it is almost always oil now?).

--
Jean B.