Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

You?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 3:24*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy > wrote:
> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
> You?

Ewww. Bud Light is nasty swill that's only function is as an ethanol
delivery vehicle. You're drinking that for breakfast?

> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote in :

> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"

> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
> hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
> mugs of Bud light.

sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider.

> You?

haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
eating breakfast was a waste of time & food), but it will be leftover
garlic chicken pasta from last night's dinner.
i think i'll make some rhubarb muffins for the weekend this
afternoon though...
lee
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

> On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>>
>> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
>> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>>
>> You?

> Ewww. Bud Light is nasty swill that's only function is as an ethanol
> delivery vehicle. You're drinking that for breakfast?
>>
>> Andy

Bryan,

I've been raked over the coals for that many times.

Believe it or not, I have had some of the best beers in the world.
Delivered to my door by the USAF.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 6:27*am, enigma > wrote:
> Andy > wrote :
>
> > Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

> usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"
>
> > A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
> > hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
> > mugs of Bud light.

> sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
> drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider. *

I can't recall the last time I had a beer--or any alcoholic bev--in
the morning when I had not slept in a tent the night before.

> > You?

> haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
> from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
> eating breakfast was a waste of time & food)

And I thought that *I* hated school.

> lee

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 6:30*am, Andy > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® said...
>
> > On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

> >> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> >> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

enigma said...

> Andy > wrote in :
>
>> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

> usually. i have an intense dislike for "breakfast foods"
>
>> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula
>> hot sauce, garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold
>> mugs of Bud light.

> sounded great until you got to the Bud Light. ew! i'm not much of a
> drinker, but am totally spoiled by homebrew & cider.

lee,

The difference being, I don't want to get drunk in the morning and I don't
want a belly of high-octane suds (too filling). Imho.

> haven't had breakfast yet, & usually don't until after 10am (holdover
> from my school days. hated school so much i puked every morning, so
> eating breakfast was a waste of time & food), but it will be leftover
> garlic chicken pasta from last night's dinner.
> i think i'll make some rhubarb muffins for the weekend this
> afternoon though...
> lee

An old GF puked after EVERY meal. It beat having to exercise to maintain
her figure. She quickly became a waste of my time, money and interest.

Best,

Andy
Breakfast is gold.
Lunch is silver.
Dinner is lead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

> I wasn't aware that the Air Force was in the beer delivery business.

Bryan,

They were tempted to drop parachute cases (flying over) into my pool and
spare the drive over. Never happened. Too many tall trees in its way. I
appreciated the typical USAF incentive! ))

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:24:33 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
>A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
>garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
>You?
>
>Andy

Peanut Butter Smoothie, 2 rye yoast, 2 expresso

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Peanut Butter Smoothie, 2 rye yoast, 2 expresso

What exactly goes into a peanut butter smoothie?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:16:48 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Jean B. said...
>
>> Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

>Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.
>
>Andy

I would guess you could add cheese to it Andy

* Exported from MasterCook *

Paneer Pakora

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Appetizer

REQUIRED INGREDIENTS
20 pieces 1-inch wide paneer pieces -- 1/4"
thick, 2" long

SET ONE
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup yogurt
1 pinch baking powder
1/2 teaspoon mint leave paste
Salt -- to taste
Oil -- to deep fry

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of Set 1. The batter is ready.

Heat oil in a skillet on medium and when oil is hot, dip each paneer
piece in the above batter such that it coats both sides well and then
drop it in oil. Do similarly for other pieces too. Cook on medium-low
heat evenly on both sides until light golden brown.

Cuisine: "Indian"
Source: "Amma's Indian Recipes"

(Cooking time): "0:25"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 3g Fat (21.4%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : Goes well with pudina (mint) chutney. *(see notes)

NOTES : (Recipe for pudina chutney: two fistfuls of mint leaves, 2
tbsp. of fresh pomegranate seeds, two green chili, 1/4 tsp. of sugar.

Make into a smooth paste everything except pomegranate seeds and add
the seeds after removing from the blender. Mix well and serve
chilled).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

> Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.
>
> Andy

Well, these are triangular slabs of cheese (paneer), sometimes
filled with a nonsweet chutney, coated in a batter based on
chickpea flour, and fried in deep fat (or should that be "fat",
given that it is almost always oil now?).

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:16:48 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Jean B. said...
>>
>>> Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

>> Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.
>>
>> Andy

> I would guess you could add cheese to it Andy
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Paneer Pakora
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:20
> Categories : Appetizer

> REQUIRED INGREDIENTS
> 20 pieces 1-inch wide paneer pieces -- 1/4"
> thick, 2" long
>
> SET ONE
> 1 cup chickpea flour
> 1/2 cup yogurt
> 1 pinch baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon mint leave paste
> Salt -- to taste
> Oil -- to deep fry
>
> In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of Set 1. The batter is ready.
>
> Heat oil in a skillet on medium and when oil is hot, dip each paneer
> piece in the above batter such that it coats both sides well and then
> drop it in oil. Do similarly for other pieces too. Cook on medium-low
> heat evenly on both sides until light golden brown.
>
> Cuisine: "Indian"
> Source: "Amma's Indian Recipes"
>
> (Cooking time): "0:25"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 3g Fat (21.4%
> calories from fat); 6g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
> 4mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
> Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
>
> Serving Ideas : Goes well with pudina (mint) chutney. *(see notes)
>
> NOTES : (Recipe for pudina chutney: two fistfuls of mint leaves, 2
> tbsp. of fresh pomegranate seeds, two green chili, 1/4 tsp. of sugar.
>
> Make into a smooth paste everything except pomegranate seeds and add
> the seeds after removing from the blender. Mix well and serve
> chilled).

That sounds decent--could also be a coriander-based chutney, and
rather than serving the chutney on the side, one can sandwich it
between two thins slabs of paneer before coating the whole thing
in the batter.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Jean B. said...
>>
>>> Cheese (paneer) pakora. One 2 coffees.

>> Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie

dish.

>> Andy

> Well, these are triangular slabs of cheese (paneer), sometimes
> filled with a nonsweet chutney, coated in a batter based on
> chickpea flour, and fried in deep fat (or should that be "fat",
> given that it is almost always oil now?).

Jean B,

Never tried nor heard of it until you mentioned it!

Sounds good AND fattening, nevermind delicious!

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:36:49 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:16:48 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> Jean B. said...

>>> Explain pakora? Best I could search out was a pseudo tempura veggie dish.
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I would guess you could add cheese to it Andy
>>

>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Paneer Pakora
>>
>> Recipe By :
>> Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:20
>> Categories : Appetizer
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> -------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> REQUIRED INGREDIENTS
>> 20 pieces 1-inch wide paneer pieces -- 1/4"
>> thick, 2" long
>>
>> SET ONE
>> 1 cup chickpea flour
>> 1/2 cup yogurt
>> 1 pinch baking powder
>> 1/2 teaspoon mint leave paste
>> Salt -- to taste
>> Oil -- to deep fry
>>
>> In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of Set 1. The batter is ready.
>>
>> Heat oil in a skillet on medium and when oil is hot, dip each paneer
>> piece in the above batter such that it coats both sides well and then
>> drop it in oil. Do similarly for other pieces too. Cook on medium-low
>> heat evenly on both sides until light golden brown.
>>
>> Cuisine: "Indian"
>> Source: "Amma's Indian Recipes"
>>
>> (Cooking time): "0:25"
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> - -
>>
>> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 3g Fat (21.4%
>> calories from fat); 6g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
>> 4mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
>> Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
>>
>> Serving Ideas : Goes well with pudina (mint) chutney. *(see notes)
>>
>> NOTES : (Recipe for pudina chutney: two fistfuls of mint leaves, 2
>> tbsp. of fresh pomegranate seeds, two green chili, 1/4 tsp. of sugar.
>>
>> Make into a smooth paste everything except pomegranate seeds and add
>> the seeds after removing from the blender. Mix well and serve
>> chilled).
>>

>That sounds decent--could also be a coriander-based chutney, and
>rather than serving the chutney on the side, one can sandwich it
>between two thins slabs of paneer before coating the whole thing
>in the batter.

Exactually
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l said...

> EggBeaters omelet stuffed with neufchatel cheese and crumbled bacon. A
> half-cup of Uncle Sam cereal with sliced banana and milk. Two mugs of
> Eight O'Clock, 100% Colombian coffee.

l, not -l,

Eight O'Clock gets repeatedly great reviews, I forget which brew.

I still appreciate a good cup of coffee once twice a year.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> l, not -l said...
>
>> EggBeaters omelet stuffed with neufchatel cheese and crumbled bacon.
>> A half-cup of Uncle Sam cereal with sliced banana and milk. Two
>> mugs of Eight O'Clock, 100% Colombian coffee.

> l, not -l,
>
> Eight O'Clock gets repeatedly great reviews, I forget which brew.

I like their French Roast. It's my fall-back brew when we run out of the
fancy free-trade stuff the DW buys.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:11:10 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

>On 11-Jun-2009, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Eight O'Clock gets repeatedly great reviews, I forget which brew.
>>
>> I still appreciate a good cup of coffee once twice a year.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

>Given that I think flavored coffees (Hazelnut, SpiceHouseFloorSweepings,
>etc.) are abominations and shouldn't be considered coffee, Eight O'Clock
>selection mostly depends on the type of roast one prefers. IMO, quality
>among Eight O'Clock flavors, with caffiene, is a matter of how dark a roast
>you prefer; I don't care for Regular and Bokar is hard to find around here.
>100% Colombian is my preferred breakfast coffee and Dark Roast is my choice
>on the rare occasion I have an after-dinner or with-dessert coffee.

Costco has come out with a new Kirkland brand, it's a Samatra xbold
( in a red foil bag) it's not too bad at all, the wife went shopping
and brought me back some
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coffee... Was: Dinner...

James Silverton said...

> I drink two mugs of coffee every day. I make it from freshly ground
> beans at dinner time in a so-called "four cup" Mr. Coffee machine. I
> like to vary the brand and roast level from bag to bag of beans.The
> second mug is drunk at breakfast after nuking to temperature.

A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed attempts
figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.

He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.

I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of one.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oops.

Follow if you wish to the new new "Coffee" subject.

Hate when that happens!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed attempts
> figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>
> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>
> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of one.

The trick with a French press is to use coarse ground coffee, not a fine
grind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

Two grilled ground beef patties and the rest of the lentil sprouts.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>>
>> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed
>> attempts figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>>
>> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>>
>> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of one.
>>

> The trick with a French press is to use coarse ground coffee, not a fine
> grind.

So that's what we were doing wrong! I might try to find what box the press
has been packed away in and give it another go.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> James Silverton said...
>
>> I drink two mugs of coffee every day. I make it from freshly ground
>> beans at dinner time in a so-called "four cup" Mr. Coffee machine. I
>> like to vary the brand and roast level from bag to bag of beans.The
>> second mug is drunk at breakfast after nuking to temperature.

> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed attempts
> figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>
> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>
> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of one.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Yes, and what is the ideal timing?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay said...

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:21:42 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> l, not -l said...
>>
>>> EggBeaters omelet stuffed with neufchatel cheese and crumbled bacon. A
>>> half-cup of Uncle Sam cereal with sliced banana and milk. Two mugs of
>>> Eight O'Clock, 100% Colombian coffee.

>> l, not -l,
>>
>> Eight O'Clock gets repeatedly great reviews, I forget which brew.
>>
>> I still appreciate a good cup of coffee once twice a year.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Hi Andy. I tried Eight O'Clock coffee just ONCE! Nasty.. sorry excuse

for
> coffee. Must be everything they sweep off the floor at the roaster. I

would
> rather have the BUD LITE with cream and sugar. LOL

I've never tried that brand of coffee but you describe it like the familiar
floor scrapings we called Lipton tea.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo wrote:

>> The trick with a French press is to use coarse ground coffee, not a fine
>> grind.
>>

> So that's what we were doing wrong! I might try to find what box the press
> has been packed away in and give it another go.

I have to say that I was not impressed with the French press until I
learned what I was doing wrong. Once I started using a coarser grand it
was much better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> James Silverton said...
>>
>>> I drink two mugs of coffee every day. I make it from freshly ground
>>> beans at dinner time in a so-called "four cup" Mr. Coffee machine. I
>>> like to vary the brand and roast level from bag to bag of beans.The
>>> second mug is drunk at breakfast after nuking to temperature.

>> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed
>> attempts figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>>
>> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>>
>> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of
>> one.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Yes, and what is the ideal timing?

Jean B,

I suspect it was a fluke. He just forgot and came back to it and it came
out that way. He was a few times disappointed with it. I think everyone is.

A prior post mentioned a course grind plays more of a role than time does.

I dunno.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:44:30 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>jay said...
>
>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:21:42 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> l, not -l said...

>>> l, not -l,
>>>
>>> Eight O'Clock gets repeatedly great reviews, I forget which brew.
>>>
>>> I still appreciate a good cup of coffee once twice a year.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Hi Andy. I tried Eight O'Clock coffee just ONCE! Nasty.. sorry excuse

>for
>> coffee. Must be everything they sweep off the floor at the roaster. I

>would
>> rather have the BUD LITE with cream and sugar. LOL

>I've never tried that brand of coffee but you describe it like the familiar
>floor scrapings we called Lipton tea.
>
>Andy

wrong spelling Andy, the proper is Tetley
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy > wrote:
> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!
>
> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.
>
> You?
>
> Andy

blecch, have fun on the toilet the rest of the day.

why are you drinking in the morning? do you need to see a
psychiatrist?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 6:30*am, Andy > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® said...
>
> > On Jun 11, 5:24*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

> >> A TJ's frozen Pizza Margherita finished with avocado, Cholula hot sauce,
> >> garlic powder and red pepper flakes with two ice cold mugs of Bud light.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> James Silverton said...

>>> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed
>>> attempts figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>>>
>>> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>>>
>>> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of
>>> one.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> Yes, and what is the ideal timing?

> Jean B,
>
> I suspect it was a fluke. He just forgot and came back to it and it came
> out that way. He was a few times disappointed with it. I think everyone is.
>
> A prior post mentioned a course grind plays more of a role than time does.
>
> I dunno.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

That's my problem. I was never able to produce a predictably good
cup of coffee using a French Press, even though I did some
research on the matter.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> On 11-Jun-2009, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Yes, and what is the ideal timing?

> Coarse grounds, 5-6 minutes; then remove coffee from grounds; the longer the
> coffee sits in the grounds, the more harsh notes are extracted.

Thanks. Maybe I'll drag mine out again. That being said, last I
heard TJ's (here, anyway) has stopped carrying my favorite coffe
(New Mexican Pinon Coffee) in bean form. Someone told me they do
have it preground.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:

> Yes, a French Press can make excellent coffee. That is what I use to make
> mine most days, when I drink 4-cups/2-mugs; on days I plan to drink more, I
> use my Bodum Santos vacuum brewer to make 8-cups/4-mugs - both make very
> good coffee. I use a Melitta 2-cup cone when I want a single mug.
>
> The secret, IMO, to a French Press is not to let it brew too long; if you
> do, the harsh notes come out. I usually poor about 5 minutes after adding
> the water; I fill my mug and pour the rest into a Hottle until I'm ready for
> it. One of the nice things cone drip brewers is, you can't forget and let
> the coffee overbrew

The type of coffee I make depends on how much I want. If I am making
coffee for two I use the French press. For a larger crowd I use the drip
machine. For a single cup I use either the small press or the espresso
machine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>Andy wrote:

>> James Silverton said...

>> A bud got donated a brand new French Press and after a few failed attempts
>> figured it out. Time was the secret he claimed.
>>
>> He made his best cup of coffee in it, Called me up to proclaim success.
>>
>> I've read about them but don't have one nor ever tried a cup out of one.

>Yes, and what is the ideal timing?

If I'm forced to use a French press, I let the coffee steep
for four minutes, using water that is maybe 190 degrees F.

However filter coffee gives better results.

Steve