Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea

Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea

Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
"illegal entry" into their country.

They're a pawn play for negotiations.

THEY SUCK!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:15:08 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
> THEY SUCK!!!
>
> Andy

time *again*? are you under the impression we've already nuked them once?

oops, silly question. of course you are.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:20:04 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:15:08 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>
>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>
>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>
>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>
>> Andy

>time *again*? are you under the impression we've already nuked them once?
>
>oops, silly question. of course you are.
>
>blake

Andy sure likes to play fast and loose with nuclear weapons doesn't
he?

Never again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnnpJA1aiQ8
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4LQaWJRDg&NR=1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.

Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves. They may
be somewhat whacked and paranoid. They were named as one of the Axis of
Evil and the country whose former president attached that label launched
a pre-emptive attack on Iraq to disarm them of their vast arsenal of
WMDs now seem not to have been there after all, and to removal Saddam
and his regime from power. That action would justify them making a
pre-emptive attack on the US because the American actions in Iraq have
demonstrated that the US is capable and perhaps even likely to do the
same to them. You can't really blame them. It would be a hell of a mess,
but they may be justified.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves.

From what?? Who cares about North Korea???

The commies!!!!

As if the rest of the planet cares.

Vaporoize 'em!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:15:08 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
>Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
>"illegal entry" into their country.
>
>They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
>THEY SUCK!!!

Which reminds me of that poor woman who is being detained in Iraq/Iran
(?). The last time I was aware, she had been sentenced. Do you know
how she's doing now?

Lynn from Fargo, do you know?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Which reminds me of that poor woman who is being detained in Iraq/Iran
> (?). The last time I was aware, she had been sentenced. Do you know
> how she's doing now?
>
> Lynn from Fargo, do you know?

She's been home in the states for a week or two now.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 10:33*am, Andy > wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>
> > Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves.

> From what??

Well in their view the USA. As David points out having the President
of the USA label you a member of the Axis of Evil and then invade one
of the other members of the Axix tends to make such governments
nervous.

Probably Kim's level of paranoia does not help. But as they say,
even paranoids have enemies.

Of course, Iraq couldn't fight back while N. Korea can blow Seoul to
bits even without nuclear arms.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 10:33*am, Andy > wrote:

> Dave Smith said...
>
> > Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves.

> From what?? Who cares about North Korea???

North Koreans do. People in South Korea who have relatives in North
Korea do. Countries with diplomats in North Korea do. And obviously
YOU do.

> The commies!!!!

Oooo,,,the spectre which haunted Euriope is still haunting
Andy...after all these years...boy, that was a worthwhile
purchase...it just keeps on giving.

> As if the rest of the planet cares.
>
> Vaporoize 'em!

Always with the path requiring the least thought process, our Andy.

> Andy

In the words of the rabbit, "Unlax, doc!".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:48:31 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> Which reminds me of that poor woman who is being detained in Iraq/Iran
>> (?). The last time I was aware, she had been sentenced. Do you know
>> how she's doing now?
>>
>> Lynn from Fargo, do you know?

>She's been home in the states for a week or two now.

Great news, thanks!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison
> for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
> THEY SUCK!!!
>
> Andy

Kim Jong Koo-koo starves his people. Instead of nuking them, why not do
what they did in Berlin after WWII? Drop food parcels and have pamphlets
read 'there is more of this after you depose nutsy kookoo'. It's amazing
what being fed will do to a country's morale.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>
>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison
>> for
>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>
>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>
>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>
>> Andy

> Kim Jong Koo-koo starves his people. Instead of nuking them, why not do
> what they did in Berlin after WWII? Drop food parcels and have pamphlets
> read 'there is more of this after you depose nutsy kookoo'. It's amazing
> what being fed will do to a country's morale.
> -ginny

Equally amazing is such a suggestion.
Unless like Mathias Rust who helped Gorby get Rid of 4000 Officers
when he flew his Cessna into Red Square (as it turned out on a Border
Guards holiday ) Heck That was over 20 years ago ,how time flyś

I am sure NK would be thrilled (especially given the current situation)
to allow Unauthorised Aircraft to overfly their Air defence systems
unmolested.

Even though NK have older weapons systems -- SA-2s, SA-3s and some
[long-range] SA-5s -- they've integrated them very well with
computerised, fiber-optic systems. They don't radiate on predictable
frequencies any more. Thus anti radiation suppression methods
as used by the yanks and SKś would have a pretty hard time of it

The tracking and guidance of the Taepodong 2s is becoming much more
accurate and range is increasing. Their ability to use computers for
command and control is improving and they're trying to network their air
defences.

Thus another debacle much like shock and awe would ensue .

Given that the US is a tad busy with its self caused disaster in Iraq
and fighting the good fight in the other Sandbox A country BTW whose
history serves as a warning to any form of military engagement and
provides a fair chunk of the worlds illegal opiates .

I reckon NK is very wisely off the biscuite and leaflet bomber agenda.

However, your point is absolutely appropriate with full bellies and
the loss of a true nut case (and a military clique of mongrels who do
not give a rats bum about joe peasant just keep Nut case one in the
chair so they can enjoy their positions)

What concerns me and has been said by far wiser and experienced minds
than I

"while it appears to be a cycle of brinksmanship, no one can be
absolutely sure. "We're all outsiders and we're all trying to figure out
if the government is as impulsive as it seems or if there is a deeper game."

I reckon the deeper game may have more whispers than a Chinese laundry
I sense Mainland China may have a hand in this somewhere . Even if to
keep South Korea from evolving to its fullest commercial potential .

Back to food -what would you include in the food parcels ?
And would they have made in America stamped all over them ?
Cheers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Phil-c" <invalid@invalid> wrote in message
> [...]

> loss of a true nut case (and a military clique of mongrels who do not give
> a rats bum about joe peasant just keep Nut case one in the chair so they
> can enjoy their positions)
>
> What concerns me and has been said by far wiser and experienced minds than
>
> "while it appears to be a cycle of brinksmanship, no one can be
> absolutely sure. "We're all outsiders and we're all trying to figure out
> if the government is as impulsive as it seems or if there is a deeper
> game."
>

> I reckon the deeper game may have more whispers than a Chinese laundry
> I sense Mainland China may have a hand in this somewhere . Even if to
> keep South Korea from evolving to its fullest commercial potential .
>
> Back to food -what would you include in the food parcels ?
> And would they have made in America stamped all over them ?

I didn't say it was 'do-able' just that it made better sense than bombing a
country of people not back to the stone age (since their leader is doing
that to them already). From what I have heard on the news (both BBC and
American newscasts) it seems China is not so friendly anymore with this nut
job anymore either.

If food parcels, say from a neutral UN country could be gotten in to the
country is should contain something substantial like rice, pasta, powdered
broth, flour, sugar. Nothing too outlandish like chocolates and smokes, but
food that could keep them from starving. Humanitarian efforts should always
be attempted rather than just flying off the handle pushing the 'nuke'
button everytime something or someone really 'f's' up.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:34:54 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> [...]

>> And would they have made in America stamped all over them ?
>> Cheers

>I didn't say it was 'do-able' just that it made better sense than bombing a
>country of people not back to the stone age (since their leader is doing
>that to them already). From what I have heard on the news (both BBC and
>American newscasts) it seems China is not so friendly anymore with this nut
>job anymore either.
>
>If food parcels, say from a neutral UN country could be gotten in to the
>country is should contain something substantial like rice, pasta, powdered
>broth, flour, sugar. Nothing too outlandish like chocolates and smokes, but
>food that could keep them from starving. Humanitarian efforts should always
>be attempted rather than just flying off the handle pushing the 'nuke'
>button everytime something or someone really 'f's' up.

I think Kim is testing Obama.

He wants some things; we want some things (including the release of
two journalists, now). Time for some strategic diplomacy.

Remember, he's crazy like a fox, but I don't see the world standing by
and allowing him to have long-range nuclear capability. Just my
opinion.

I don't like to think of the possibilities, and I often feel badly for
the younger generations who will have to deal with nuclear
proliferation and developing nation-states - be they friend or foe.
--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison
> for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
> THEY SUCK!!!
>
> Andy

Please wait till the "reporters" are released.

BTW did you know Al Gore heads their organization?

SAN FRANCISCO, CA-- The two reporters for Al Gores TV Current, an on-line
journal based in San Francisco, who have been held since March, were found
guilty of illegal entry and sentenced to 12 years hard labor, the North
Korean news agency said on Monday.

Al Gore and his on-line network have yet to speak out on the actions by the
North Korean government -- the arrest and now the sentencing.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>
>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in
>> prison for
>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>
>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>
>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>
>> Andy

> Kim Jong Koo-koo starves his people. Instead of nuking them, why not do
> what they did in Berlin after WWII? Drop food parcels and have pamphlets
> read 'there is more of this after you depose nutsy kookoo'. It's
> amazing what being fed will do to a country's morale.

The food was dropped into _Western_ Berlin, which was part of _Western_
Germany. No commies there, so no kookoos to depose of.
Btw, trying to drop leaflets like that into Eastern Germany with more than
a slight surplus of combat proofed Red Army troops around would have
lead to WW III. So much for your "idea".

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "Phil-c" <invalid@invalid> wrote in message
>> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

>>> Kim Jong Koo-koo starves his people. Instead of nuking them, why not do
>>> what they did in Berlin after WWII? Drop food parcels and have pamphlets
>>> read 'there is more of this after you depose nutsy kookoo'. It's
>>> amazing what being fed will do to a country's morale.
>>> -ginny

>> Equally amazing is such a suggestion.
>> Unless like Mathias Rust who helped Gorby get Rid of 4000 Officers
>> when he flew his Cessna into Red Square (as it turned out on a Border
>> Guards holiday ) Heck That was over 20 years ago ,how time flys
>>
>> I am sure NK would be thrilled (especially given the current situation)
>> to allow Unauthorised Aircraft to overfly their Air defence systems
>> unmolested.
>>

>> Even though NK have older weapons systems -- SA-2s, SA-3s and some
>> [long-range] SA-5s -- they've integrated them very well with computerised,
>> fiber-optic systems. They don't radiate on predictable frequencies any
>> more. Thus anti radiation suppression methods
>> as used by the yanks and SKs would have a pretty hard time of it
>>
>> The tracking and guidance of the Taepodong 2s is becoming much more
>> accurate and range is increasing. Their ability to use computers for
>> command and control is improving and they're trying to network their air
>> defences.
>>

>> Thus another debacle much like shock and awe would ensue .
>>
>> Given that the US is a tad busy with its self caused disaster in Iraq
>> and fighting the good fight in the other Sandbox A country BTW whose
>> history serves as a warning to any form of military engagement and
>> provides a fair chunk of the worlds illegal opiates .
>>
>> I reckon NK is very wisely off the biscuite and leaflet bomber agenda.
>>
>> However, your point is absolutely appropriate with full bellies and the
>> loss of a true nut case (and a military clique of mongrels who do not give
>> a rats bum about joe peasant just keep Nut case one in the chair so they
>> can enjoy their positions)
>>
>> What concerns me and has been said by far wiser and experienced minds than
>>
>> "while it appears to be a cycle of brinksmanship, no one can be
>> absolutely sure. "We're all outsiders and we're all trying to figure out
>> if the government is as impulsive as it seems or if there is a deeper
>> game."
>>

>> I reckon the deeper game may have more whispers than a Chinese laundry
>> I sense Mainland China may have a hand in this somewhere . Even if to
>> keep South Korea from evolving to its fullest commercial potential .
>>
>> Back to food -what would you include in the food parcels ?
>> And would they have made in America stamped all over them ?
>> Cheers

> I didn't say it was 'do-able' just that it made better sense than bombing a
> country of people not back to the stone age (since their leader is doing
> that to them already).

Anything is possible and I agree with your sentiments .

for some bizarre reason a grand old Peter Sellers classic has just leapt
into the mind The Mouse That Roared
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9C-gt4TpA for trailer and synopsis

> From what I have heard on the news (both BBC and
> American newscasts) it seems China is not so friendly anymore with this nut
> job anymore either.

They LIE!! look up U N Resolutions 825 ,1640 and in particular re
China 1695 and also 1718 they never enforced any of them and have the
power to do so .

I doubt very much that China if NK regime collapsed or was changed for
what ever reason would like Western Forces up on the Yalu River

That would happen if reunification occured and that is the LAST thing
the lying Godless Chinese *******s want I can positively assert that as
a fact .They were not too happy about it in 1950 and now even less so no
matter what they say

> If food parcels, say from a neutral UN country could be gotten in to the
> country is should contain something substantial like rice, pasta, powdered
> broth, flour, sugar. Nothing too outlandish like chocolates and smokes, but
> food that could keep them from starving. Humanitarian efforts should always
> be attempted rather than just flying off the handle pushing the 'nuke'
> button everytime something or someone really 'f's' up.
> -ginny

To be a tad pedantic the nuke button has only ever been pushed twice
and there have been plenty of stuff ups since then.

Back to Cooking wonder what happens to the larder if it got nuked .
Some of the packaging/shielding resists opening possibly they know
something we dont (the Chinese packagers I mean )

Back to how to get your food parcel idea into NK without upsetting
the shits Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Got me thinking about quantum mechanics. The Heisenberg Uncertainty
Principle mixed with Wave-Particle Duality works on the basis that
anything that may possess wave-particle duality can be both a wave and a
particle at the same time, but will become a fixed point upon
observation. Now add to this the idea that if you had a wave as big as
the universe it could, in theory, exist everywhere at the same time.

Then mix in the problem of having to reach every house In NK in one
night and came up with the idea that giftors must exist in a state of
Wave-Particle Duality with his wave being equal, or greater, in size
than that of the Earths own waveform. However, they cannot be observed
in this form or they will suddenly exist in only one position; which
makes delivering the food parcels a problem..

But I will get back to you
But they certainly Got Obamaś attention maybe they are closer to Grand
Fenwick (the mouse that roared idea ) than we at first guessed.

Remember that the NK Nut case loves films ----------- who knows

http://cndls.georgetown.edu/applicat...20cartoon.jpeg
http://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au/...efect%20.5.JPG
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:

> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> > "Andy" > wrote in message
> >> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
> >>
> >> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in
> >> prison for
> >> "illegal entry" into their country.
> >>
> >> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
> >>
> >> THEY SUCK!!!
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Kim Jong Koo-koo starves his people. Instead of nuking them, why not do
> > what they did in Berlin after WWII? Drop food parcels and have

pamphlets
> > read 'there is more of this after you depose nutsy kookoo'. It's
> > amazing what being fed will do to a country's morale.

> The food was dropped into _Western_ Berlin, which was part of _Western_
> Germany. No commies there, so no kookoos to depose of.
> Btw, trying to drop leaflets like that into Eastern Germany with more than
> a slight surplus of combat proofed Red Army troops around would have
> lead to WW III. So much for your "idea".

In lieu of dropping leaflets the West had better ideas like RIAS radio
broadcasts and later on television broadcasts to the DDR...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison
> for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
> THEY SUCK!!!
>
> Andy

I appreciate your outrage BUT what gives them (the reporters) the RIGHT to
willfully break the law of another country - you may not agree with the laws
of North Korea but nonetheless they ARE a SOVEREIGN country and have the
right to have their immigration laws respected.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "Andy" > wrote in message ...
>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>
>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in
>> prison for
>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>
>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>
>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>
>> Andy

> I appreciate your outrage BUT what gives them (the reporters) the RIGHT
> to willfully break the law of another country - you may not agree with
> the laws of North Korea but nonetheless they ARE a SOVEREIGN country and
> have the right to have their immigration laws respected.
>
> Dimitri

Good call Dimitri
However, in situations like the former Yugoslavia, Zimbabwe ,Tibet/China

Thank any daiety for such news getting out .
Perhaps the duality expressed in Fahrenheit 451
is getting lost in today's world

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:15:08 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
> > Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
> >
> > Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in

prison for
> > "illegal entry" into their country.
> >
> > They're a pawn play for negotiations.
> >
> > THEY SUCK!!!
> >
> > Andy

> time *again*? are you under the impression we've already nuked them once?
>
> oops, silly question. of course you are.

Is Andy aware of how close Seoul is to the DPRK border, one wonders...???
Has he studied possible fall-out patterns that would result from such an
attack on the DPRK...etcetera...

In any case: "It's Andy's world - we just live in it...!!!"

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 05:15:08 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>>
>>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in

> prison for
>>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>>
>>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>>
>>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> time *again*? are you under the impression we've already nuked them once?
>>
>> oops, silly question. of course you are.

> Is Andy aware of how close Seoul is to the DPRK border, one wonders...???
> Has he studied possible fall-out patterns that would result from such an
> attack on the DPRK...etcetera...
>
> In any case: "It's Andy's world - we just live in it...!!!"
>
> <chuckle>

http://tinyurl.com/lf9gpm
Story from oz newspaper and has links to a decent google add on
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phil-c wrote:

snipped the rest

> http://tinyurl.com/lf9gpm
> Story from oz newspaper and has links to a decent google add on

Thank you, found the article and the map very interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Phil-c" <invalid@invalid> wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> "Andy" > wrote in message
>>> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>>>
>>> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in
>>> prison for
>>> "illegal entry" into their country.
>>>
>>> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>>>
>>> THEY SUCK!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I appreciate your outrage BUT what gives them (the reporters) the RIGHT
>> to willfully break the law of another country - you may not agree with
>> the laws of North Korea but nonetheless they ARE a SOVEREIGN country and
>> have the right to have their immigration laws respected.
>>
>> Dimitri

> Good call Dimitri
> However, in situations like the former Yugoslavia, Zimbabwe ,Tibet/China
>
> Thank any daiety for such news getting out .
> Perhaps the duality expressed in Fahrenheit 451
> is getting lost in today's world

You see before you, walking in the snow, the sum total of Man's
knowledge................

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kane wrote:
> On Jun 8, 10:33 am, Andy > wrote:
>> Dave Smith said...
>>
>>> Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves.

>> From what??

> Well in their view the USA. As David points out having the President
> of the USA label you a member of the Axis of Evil and then invade one
> of the other members of the Axix tends to make such governments
> nervous.
>
> Probably Kim's level of paranoia does not help. But as they say,
> even paranoids have enemies.
>
> Of course, Iraq couldn't fight back while N. Korea can blow Seoul to
> bits even without nuclear arms.

We may be wasting our breath. Aside from the fact that the US
administration wouldn't listen to us anyway, there is not much sense in
trying to explain things to some people. Too many of them have a bloated
image of their military power. They are bogged down in Afghanistan,
which is little moe advanced that a feudal society. Then they got
bogged down in Iraq, whose army had been pretty well disarmed.

They aren't likely to understand the precedent they have set by
declaring various countries as part of the Axis of Evil and attacking
pre-emptively. They lied about Iraq's WMDs, and now the North Koreans
have every reason to expect that the US will attack them too. So why not
strike first? If their nuclear weapons are reliable they can sure give
the US a bloody nose. The US won't be prepared to start shooting nukes
so close to China, Russia and Japan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea
>
> Arrested and sentenced two American women reporters to 12 years in prison for
> "illegal entry" into their country.
>
> They're a pawn play for negotiations.
>
> THEY SUCK!!!
>
> Andy

I agree! It's bad to imprison folks for no reason at all. OTOH, when we
do something like that, it hardly makes a ripple:

http://tinyurl.com/pnpfft

I guess after we do North Korea, we'll have to nuke ourselves.

The truth is that we'd have to do South Korea too since my guess is that
this would be similar to a foreign country nuking our southern states
and leaving the north untouched. This may sit well with some folks but
you'd be surprised at how many Americans might find this to be
provocative. Go figure!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> SAN FRANCISCO, CA-- The two reporters for Al Gores TV Current, an
> on-line journal based in San Francisco, who have been held since
> March, were found guilty of illegal entry and sentenced to 12 years
> hard labor, the North Korean news agency said on Monday.
>
> Al Gore and his on-line network have yet to speak out on the actions
> by the North Korean government -- the arrest and now the sentencing.

Maybe he's too busy spitting on his flag
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:49:43 -0700 (PDT), John Kane wrote:

> On Jun 8, 10:33*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Dave Smith said...
>>
>>> Take note that they seem to feel a need to defend themselves.

>> From what??

> Well in their view the USA. As David points out having the President
> of the USA label you a member of the Axis of Evil and then invade one
> of the other members of the Axix tends to make such governments
> nervous.
>
> Probably Kim's level of paranoia does not help. But as they say,
> even paranoids have enemies.
>
> Of course, Iraq couldn't fight back while N. Korea can blow Seoul to
> bits even without nuclear arms.
>
> John Kane Kingston ON Canada

this is why any military move against n. korea would be extremely foolish.
but why the **** should andy care? it's not his ass on the line in any
way.

or maybe we could just zap them with lasers, as per newt gingrich.

<http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/02/gingrich-north-korea-lasers/>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:49:43 -0700 (PDT), John Kane wrote:
>
> > On Jun 8, 10:33 am, Andy > wrote:
> >> Dave Smith said...

> >> From what??

> > Well in their view the USA. As David points out having the President
> > of the USA label you a member of the Axis of Evil and then invade one
> > of the other members of the Axix tends to make such governments
> > nervous.
> >
> > Probably Kim's level of paranoia does not help. But as they say,
> > even paranoids have enemies.
> >
> > Of course, Iraq couldn't fight back while N. Korea can blow Seoul to
> > bits even without nuclear arms.
> >
> > John Kane Kingston ON Canada

> this is why any military move against n. korea would be extremely foolish.
> but why the **** should andy care? it's not his ass on the line in any
> way.

"OH NOES, SOMEBODY BLEW UP MY KIMCHEE...!!!"

:-(

--
Best
Greg

Nuke a tater notbob General Cooking 152 03-10-2013 08:34 PM
Yeah yeah ;) who has a good vichyssoise recipe? Sky General Cooking 33 06-12-2011 06:23 PM
Cook North Korea! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 102 03-06-2009 09:42 PM
North Korea James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 2 16-01-2009 03:52 AM
Better nuke that pot pie Steve[_28_] General Cooking 26 16-10-2007 03:09 PM