Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good Bye Crock Pot

After cooking all my "pot roasts" in the Crock pot for several
decades they're now destined to cook Sloppy Joes and beans for the
rest of their lives.

I cooked a whole lamb arm/shoulder roast this afternoon and put it
in a... <gasp>... pan. The vegetables - carrots. onion, celery,
potatoes, parsnip, garlic - were awesome. Sweet, firm, crunchy and
they had tons of flavor.

I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
plain "roast". And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.

The roast was rubbed and placed on a 3/4" rack and after the initial
searing at 500F for the first 25 minutes, 3 cups of chicken+beef
base were added to the bottom of the pan - barely enough to cover
the rack. The veggies and meat were suspended above the broth the
whole time - 7 hours total at 275F.

Excellent results. I don't think I've ever had a "roast" done in
the oven. So if y'all have been relying on your Crock Pot to cook
those "roasts" for the last few years - or you're whole life, then
it's time to change.

The only caveat: Make sure your celery is de-strung (de-strings...
strung ... whatever) But it will be much more edible and not a
soggy mess. Even the carrots turned out well (and I hate cooked
carrots).

More on actual the lamb later.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> After cooking all my "pot roasts" in the Crock pot for several
> decades they're now destined to cook Sloppy Joes and beans for the
> rest of their lives.
>
> I cooked a whole lamb arm/shoulder roast this afternoon and put it
> in a... <gasp>... pan. The vegetables - carrots. onion, celery,
> potatoes, parsnip, garlic - were awesome. Sweet, firm, crunchy and
> they had tons of flavor.
>
> I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
> plain "roast". And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
> the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
> This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.
>
> The roast was rubbed and placed on a 3/4" rack and after the initial
> searing at 500F for the first 25 minutes, 3 cups of chicken+beef
> base were added to the bottom of the pan - barely enough to cover
> the rack. The veggies and meat were suspended above the broth the
> whole time - 7 hours total at 275F.
>
> Excellent results. I don't think I've ever had a "roast" done in
> the oven. So if y'all have been relying on your Crock Pot to cook
> those "roasts" for the last few years - or you're whole life, then
> it's time to change.
>
> The only caveat: Make sure your celery is de-strung (de-strings...
> strung ... whatever) But it will be much more edible and not a
> soggy mess. Even the carrots turned out well (and I hate cooked
> carrots).
>
> More on actual the lamb later.
>
> -sw

You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook ( well
it's hard to call him a cook)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:52:59 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
>plain "roast". And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
>the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
>This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.

Try this one sometime, Steve. It's the only way I make pot roast now.
Chris Dabney posts this, and when we tried it, it was love at first
bite! I add potatoes and carrots for the last hour of cooking.
Potatoes go in first, so they get browned in the meat juices. The
carrots go on top, and are perfectly tendercrisp when the roast is
done. The onions nearly disintegrate, but that helps to create some
of the best gravy this side of anywhere.

* Exported from MasterCook *

On Again, Off Again Pot Roast

Recipe By :Margaret Fox (Cafe Beajolais Cookbook)
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef

2 1/2 pounds chuck roast -- at room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic -- minced
2 yellow onions -- peeled and thinly
sliced

Rub salt, pepper and garlic into chuck roast and place in a Dutch
oven.
Cover with the onions.
Cover and place in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.
Remove cover and bake for 1 more hour
Replace top and bake for 1 more hour.

S(Shared by):
"Chris Dabney"

--
Change "invalid" to James Bond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 7, 8:54*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > After cooking all my "pot roasts" in the Crock pot for several
> > decades they're now destined to cook Sloppy Joes and beans for the
> > rest of their lives.

I've been cooking pintos in the pressure cooker lately.

> > I cooked a whole lamb arm/shoulder roast this afternoon and put it
> > in a... <gasp>... pan. *The vegetables - carrots. onion, celery,
> > potatoes, parsnip, garlic - were awesome. *Sweet, firm, crunchy and
> > they had tons of flavor.

> > I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
> > plain "roast". *And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
> > the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
> > This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.

> > The roast was rubbed and placed on a 3/4" rack and after the initial
> > searing at 500F for the first 25 minutes, 3 cups of chicken+beef
> > base were added to the bottom of the pan - barely enough to cover
> > the rack. *The veggies and meat were suspended above the broth the
> > whole time - 7 hours total at 275F.

The searing part makes a huge difference. I've even pan seared before
putting a roast in either a slow cooker or pan/Dutch oven. Oh, I just
got a used 5 qt Corning Ware Dutch oven that I've yet to use. It came
with a rack.

> > Excellent results. *I don't think I've ever had a "roast" done in
> > the oven. *So if y'all have been relying on your Crock Pot to cook
> > those "roasts" for the last few years - or you're whole life, then
> > it's time to change.

> > The only caveat: Make sure your celery is de-strung (de-strings...
> > strung ... whatever) *But it will be much more edible and not a
> > soggy mess. *Even the carrots turned out well (and I hate cooked
> > carrots).

I don't like raw carrots or celery, but love both of them what most
folks would call overcooked. For sure if you're cooking celery what
I'd consider half done, de-stringing is a good thing, and not much
extra work.

> > More on actual the lamb later.

> > -sw

> You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook ( well
> it's hard to call him a cook)

I think that when a person admits to *having been* incorrect, and has
become correct, that that's to be encouraged. Steve has just shown
both the wisdom and humility that is essential to scientific
progress. Whatever other ways anyone feels about him as a cook or a
person, they should at least acknowledge that.

> Dimitri

--Bryan, who hopes that his son will go to sleep soon so he can watch
another episode of Roswell. http://www.hulu.com/watch/4574/roswell-pilot
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:

>I've been cooking pintos in the pressure cooker lately.

I have no idea how you can fit an entire horse in a pressure cooker.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> > wrote:
>
> >I've been cooking pintos in the pressure cooker lately.

> I have no idea how you can fit an entire horse in a pressure cooker.

<snicker>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:54:50 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> After cooking all my "pot roasts" in the Crock pot for several
>> decades they're now destined to cook Sloppy Joes and beans for the
>> rest of their lives.
>>
>> I cooked a whole lamb arm/shoulder roast this afternoon and put it
>> in a... <gasp>... pan. The vegetables - carrots. onion, celery,
>> potatoes, parsnip, garlic - were awesome. Sweet, firm, crunchy and
>> they had tons of flavor.
>>
>> I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
>> plain "roast". And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
>> the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
>> This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.
>>

> You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook ( well
> it's hard to call him a cook)
>
> Dimitri

say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 22:00:54 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:
>
>>I've been cooking pintos in the pressure cooker lately.

>I have no idea how you can fit an entire horse in a pressure cooker.

Cut it into very, very small pieces.

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook (
> well
> it's hard to call him a cook)

I think that when a person admits to *having been* incorrect, and has
become correct, that that's to be encouraged. Steve has just shown
both the wisdom and humility that is essential to scientific
progress. Whatever other ways anyone feels about him as a cook or a
person, they should at least acknowledge that.

I think your sense of humor must have been cooked.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 18:54:50 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>
> > "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> >> After cooking all my "pot roasts" in the Crock pot for several
> >> decades they're now destined to cook Sloppy Joes and beans for the
> >> rest of their lives.
> >>
> >> I cooked a whole lamb arm/shoulder roast this afternoon and put it
> >> in a... <gasp>... pan. The vegetables - carrots. onion, celery,
> >> potatoes, parsnip, garlic - were awesome. Sweet, firm, crunchy and
> >> they had tons of flavor.
> >>
> >> I think I just learned the difference between "pot" roast, and just
> >> plain "roast". And it only took 18 years of reading RFC to realize
> >> the difference (no thanks to all you Crock-Pot lovers, hrmph!).
> >> This is almost as good as switching from BBQ sauce to smoke.
> >>

> > You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook (

well
> > it's hard to call him a cook)
> >
> > Dimitri

> say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.

I'm with Dmitri with this one - or maybe Steve is just "joshing" us a bit...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 2:13*pm, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" >news:sISdnTN6KsUCxLDXnZ2dnUVZ_hWd :in rec.food.cooking
>
> <snip Stevie's epiphany>

> > well

> >> say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.

> > I'm with Dmitri with this one - or maybe Steve is just "joshing" us a
> > bit...

> Hmmm... hard call. *I can't recall seeing much from him that was actually
> about cooking. *All I ever see him do, cooking related, is to try and
> flame broil Jill. *He's not good at flame broiling. *Not good at all.

I'm pretty tolerant about lifestyle choices, but I draw the line at
cannibalism.

> Michael

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
> Christine Dabney >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>

>>>Steve makes a lot of food-related posts. I'm not sure how people
>>>manage to miss them!
>>>
>>>Carol

>> Me either. I look forward to his food related posts..he does a fair
>> amount of them.
>>
>> Maybe if folks stopped looking for all the other stuff, they might
>> find them?
>>
>> Christine

> Ladies (hmmm considering the topic earlier, does that make you
> *******s, Stevie Poo lost all credibility with me when he posted 1)
> that he emailed me regarding Christy and I wouldn't answer him for
> (insert which of the several reason he stated). He did not email me. 2)
> he posted that I had tried to commit suicide 5 times. Never have I
> attempted suicide. Both of these tall tales were complete fabrications.
> He was called on it, tried to save face, and failed. This does not sit
> well with me. Had he been honest, I would certainly have overlooked it.
> Up until then, I had no issue with Sqwertzie. Now I seldom read
> *anything* he posts, but will sometimes respond to something I *have*
> read. From what I can tell, his outrage and unwarranted attacks on me
> were because I didn't find some fault he was trying to point out, with
> Jill. I'm still not sure why he melted down but he did. At this point,
> I will most likely miss many of his food related posts. <shrug> It's just
> the way it is, with me anyway.
>
> Michael
> --

BTW since he Kill filed me - I have a new found freedom.......

LOL

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 8, 5:03*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> BTW since he Kill filed me - I have a new found freedom.......
>
> LOL

The way I see it, KFing someone is an admission that one would
otherwise be tempted to read the person's posts.

> Dimitri

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08 Jun 2009 19:13:16 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Hmmm... hard call. I can't recall seeing much from him that was actually
> about cooking.

I'm pretty sure everyone here will disagree with you. Except for
the usual stalkers and haters.

Now kindly **** off. Not me. Somebody else who's into that kind of
shit.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 15:38:57 -0500, Damsel wrote:

> Steve makes a lot of food-related posts. I'm not sure how people
> manage to miss them!

Thank you. I don't understand it either. I think people only want
to see what they want to see. Of course these are the same people
who only talk about anything *but* cooking.

Dimitri, with all his off-topic posts.
Michael, with all his drama posts.
Gregory and Jay... well, they're self explanatory.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08 Jun 2009 21:19:32 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Christine Dabney >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>

>>>Steve makes a lot of food-related posts. I'm not sure how people
>>>manage to miss them!
>>>
>>>Carol

>> Me either. I look forward to his food related posts..he does a fair
>> amount of them.
>>
>> Maybe if folks stopped looking for all the other stuff, they might
>> find them?
>>
>> Christine

> Ladies (hmmm considering the topic earlier, does that make you
> *******s, Stevie Poo lost all credibility with me when he posted 1)
> that he emailed me regarding Christy and I wouldn't answer him for
> (insert which of the several reason he stated). He did not email me. 2)
> he posted that I had tried to commit suicide 5 times. Never have I
> attempted suicide. Both of these tall tales were complete fabrications.
> He was called on it, tried to save face, and failed. This does not sit
> well with me. Had he been honest, I would certainly have overlooked it.
> Up until then, I had no issue with Sqwertzie. Now I seldom read
> *anything* he posts, but will sometimes respond to something I *have*
> read. From what I can tell, his outrage and unwarranted attacks on me
> were because I didn't find some fault he was trying to point out, with
> Jill. I'm still not sure why he melted down but he did. At this point,
> I will most likely miss many of his food related posts. <shrug> It's just
> the way it is, with me anyway.

See? Stop your incessant whining. You're such an Emo.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:14:24 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jun 8, 5:03*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>>

>> BTW since he Kill filed me - I have a new found freedom.......
>>
>> LOL

> The way I see it, KFing someone is an admission that one would
> otherwise be tempted to read the person's posts.

In Dimtri's case, it was because he was responding to every other
spam on every group he reads, bringing life to threads that would
have otherwise have been killfiled.

That reminds, I need to rebuild my killfile. I just reinstalled
from scratch (leaving my data drives in tact, but not my apps).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:27:13 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.

You think?

Thanks :-)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> The searing part makes a huge difference. I've even pan seared before
> putting a roast in either a slow cooker or pan/Dutch oven. Oh, I just
> got a used 5 qt Corning Ware Dutch oven that I've yet to use. It came
> with a rack.

There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).

this was the first thing I cooked in my new oven. The Frigidaire
PLGFZ397GC. Part of the $12K spent on weatherizing the house. And
I got a new steel wok to try out on the 16K BTU burner. Still not a
real wok burner, but twice as hot as my old one. QAnd I'm not sure
I'll ever use the center burner. Anybody else use their center,
enlongated burner? Mine comes with the cast iron plate for cooking
as well as the grate for pots and pans.

Some Jealous Hater Wrote:

>> You'll have to excuse him he's a SLOW LEARNER as well as a lazy cook ( well
>> it's hard to call him a cook)

> I think that when a person admits to *having been* incorrect, and has
> become correct, that that's to be encouraged. Steve has just shown
> both the wisdom and humility that is essential to scientific
> progress. Whatever other ways anyone feels about him as a cook or a
> person, they should at least acknowledge that.

Why, thank you. I've admitted my mistakes often. As for being a
lazy cook, that's pretty unsubstantiated, and D knows that. He's
just jealous.

I think it's time to post my entire collection of cooking pictures
I've posted here in the past. Right now I'm converting to tinypic.
Just search for "sqwertz". I only have 1/10th of my pictures posted
so far, and they're not very good ones.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
> the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
> camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
> second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).
>
> this was the first thing I cooked in my new oven. The Frigidaire
> PLGFZ397GC. Part of the $12K spent on weatherizing the house. And
> I got a new steel wok to try out on the 16K BTU burner. Still not a
> real wok burner, but twice as hot as my old one. QAnd I'm not sure
> I'll ever use the center burner. Anybody else use their center,
> enlongated burner? Mine comes with the cast iron plate for cooking
> as well as the grate for pots and pans.

I have a new stove with an elongated burner in the middle. I haven't
used it yet. Maybe for pancakes. I don't think I will use it a lot, but
I like knowing it's there.

I also have a 16k btu power burner. I used it the other night for
drunken noodles. It was better but not as good as I hoped. Do you use a
ring for the wok? I had to remove it so the wok was closer to the heat.

A pot of water does boil fast though.

Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:27:15 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 15:38:57 -0500, Damsel wrote:
>
>> Steve makes a lot of food-related posts. I'm not sure how people
>> manage to miss them!

>Thank you.

Hey, no sweat!

See ya in e-mail. Or Facebook. Or both.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to James Bond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
> > On 08 Jun 2009 21:19:32 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> >
> >> Christine Dabney >
> >> : in rec.food.cooking

> >> Ladies (hmmm considering the topic earlier, does that make you
> >> *******s, Stevie Poo lost all credibility with me when he posted 1)
> >> that he emailed me regarding Christy and I wouldn't answer him for
> >> (insert which of the several reason he stated). He did not email me.
> >> 2) he posted that I had tried to commit suicide 5 times. Never have I
> >> attempted suicide. Both of these tall tales were complete
> >> fabrications. He was called on it, tried to save face, and failed.
> >> This does not sit well with me. Had he been honest, I would certainly
> >> have overlooked it. Up until then, I had no issue with Sqwertzie.
> >> Now I seldom read *anything* he posts, but will sometimes respond to
> >> something I *have* read. From what I can tell, his outrage and
> >> unwarranted attacks on me were because I didn't find some fault he
> >> was trying to point out, with Jill. I'm still not sure why he melted
> >> down but he did. At this point, I will most likely miss many of his
> >> food related posts. <shrug> It's just the way it is, with me anyway.

> > See? Stop your incessant whining. You're such an Emo.
> >
> > -sw

> Ahhh... as usual you associate fact with whining, or your other lame
> attempt at a put down, "drama". You can't refute fact so you try
> character assasination. Doesn't work Stevie, doesn't work. Showing your
> monumental ignorance has become entertainment, and it's *free*. Please
> carry on.

Steve needs to realize that you and me are majordomos of the rfc "***
Mafia"...that we have the means to put the "evil eye" on him if we so
wish...!!!

Oh, and Steve's a BIG pussy, too...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> Why, thank you. I've admitted my mistakes often. As for being a
> lazy cook, that's pretty unsubstantiated, and D knows that. He's
> just jealous.

ROTFLMAO

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> Why, thank you. I've admitted my mistakes often. As for being a
> lazy cook, that's pretty unsubstantiated, and D knows that. He's
> just jealous.

http://www.frogstar.com/files/wav/ltbb_052.wav

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08 Jun 2009 19:13:16 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" >
> m: in rec.food.cooking
>
> <snip Stevie's epiphany>

>> well

>>> say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.
>>>

>> I'm with Dmitri with this one - or maybe Steve is just "joshing" us a
>> bit...

> Hmmm... hard call. I can't recall seeing much from him that was actually
> about cooking. All I ever see him do, cooking related, is to try and
> flame broil Jill. He's not good at flame broiling. Not good at all.
>
> Michael

he's posted many pics of his cooking, particularly asian stuff. saying
'it's hard to call him a cook' is completely unwarranted, i think.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:31:14 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:27:13 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> say what you want about steve, but i think he knows how to cook.

> You think?
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> -sw

i honestly don't know where some of these people are coming from. most of
the pics you post look like something i'd actually want to eat.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:03:18 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

>> Why, thank you. I've admitted my mistakes often. As for being a
>> lazy cook, that's pretty unsubstantiated, and D knows that. He's
>> just jealous.

> ROTFLMAO
>
> Dimitri

i don't know about the jealous part, but saying he doesn't know how to cook
is just wrong.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:03:18 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>
> > "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:15:15 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> >> Why, thank you. I've admitted my mistakes often. As for being a
> >> lazy cook, that's pretty unsubstantiated, and D knows that. He's
> >> just jealous.

> > ROTFLMAO
> >
> > Dimitri

> i don't know about the jealous part, but saying he doesn't know how to

cook
> is just wrong.

Many of Steve's "cooking" posts are trollerizing posts, blake, done to lure
in the "unsuspecting"...his posting about crockpot "roasting" is a
purrrr-fect example...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
> the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
> camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
> second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).

My last few weeks have been rushed, so I might have missed a few
messages. How did you burn the bottom of your feet? Glad the rest of
you is okay.

This message reminds me that I need to take more photographs.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
> > the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
> > camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
> > second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).

> My last few weeks have been rushed, so I might have missed a few
> messages. How did you burn the bottom of your feet? Glad the rest of
> you is okay.

I'd guess he wanted to prove to someone else
that anyone can walk across a bed of hot coals.
There's no trick to it, just simple laws
of physics. You can't get burned. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Becca wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
>>> the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
>>> camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
>>> second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).
>>>

>> My last few weeks have been rushed, so I might have missed a few
>> messages. How did you burn the bottom of your feet? Glad the rest of
>> you is okay.
>>

> I'd guess he wanted to prove to someone else
> that anyone can walk across a bed of hot coals.
> There's no trick to it, just simple laws
> of physics. You can't get burned. :-)

Thanks. :-)

I have so much fun laughing at myself. Yesterday, I was using the
epilady on my legs, and I noticed it wasn't hurting a bit. Then I
realized I still had the cover on it. lol I crack me up.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:55:49 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
>the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
>camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
>second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).

Were you fire walking?

>this was the first thing I cooked in my new oven. The Frigidaire
>PLGFZ397GC. Part of the $12K spent on weatherizing the house. And
>I got a new steel wok to try out on the 16K BTU burner. Still not a
>real wok burner, but twice as hot as my old one. QAnd I'm not sure
>I'll ever use the center burner. Anybody else use their center,
>enlongated burner?

I have no idea what an elongated burner is. Oh, never mind - I
googled a picture. It looks like you can use a grill "pan" on it and
not have any cool spots.

>Mine comes with the cast iron plate for cooking
>as well as the grate for pots and pans.

I like the idea - my new cook top came with one too.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 23:17:40 -0400, Tracy wrote:

> I also have a 16k btu power burner. I used it the other night for
> drunken noodles. It was better but not as good as I hoped. Do you use a
> ring for the wok? I had to remove it so the wok was closer to the heat.

I always use a flat bottomed wok. Never could stand the wok rings.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 09 Jun 2009 03:27:45 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>

>> Some Jealous Hater Wrote:

> LOL... ya' just can't help it, can you?
>
> <snip>
>
>> I think it's time to post my entire collection of cooking pictures
>> I've posted here in the past. Right now I'm converting to tinypic.
>> Just search for "sqwertz". I only have 1/10th of my pictures posted
>> so far, and they're not very good ones.

> I think you should post all of them. Each and every one. Post the links
> here and then post the binaries in ABF. I think you'll feel much better
> and you'll convice yourself you've been vindicated for whatever imaginary
> slight has been put upon you. Carry on.

Oh. My. God. You have really gone downhill lately.

You always looked like a struggling heroin addict. I hate to see
how torn up you look now.

Please, don't carry on. Why don't you try killing yourself a couple
more times, and then posting about it.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:02:21 -0500, Becca wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> There no way to sear this roast in a pan - way too lopsided. I did
>> the searing in the oven at 500. I'll post pictures tomorrow (The
>> camera is downstairs and I can't walk too well right now due to
>> second degree burns of the bottoms of both feet).

> My last few weeks have been rushed, so I might have missed a few
> messages. How did you burn the bottom of your feet? Glad the rest of
> you is okay.

Walking and standing on hot cement all day in thin-soled shoes. My
feet felt warm, sure, but I didn't realize they were burning.

I had this chronic problem last summer and thought it was just from
too much walking (and walking, and walking). Turns out it was the
brand of shoes I just started wearing: Sketchers. They feel really
comfortable, but suck up the heat like a sponge.

Back to New Balance for me.

ObFood: Fried chicken from Bill Millers. Best fried chicken I've
had in years and wasn't breaded with covered in 11 herbs and
chemicals.

http://www.billmillerbbq.com/

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:37:39 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> I'd guess he wanted to prove to someone else
> that anyone can walk across a bed of hot coals.
> There's no trick to it, just simple laws
> of physics. You can't get burned. :-)

Yeah - you got me there. It was part of a team-building exercise at
work. All of us walked across hot coals, but I was the only one
that got burned. Everyone else was a Christian.

(I saw this on TV or a movie recently but I forget where)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 09 Jun 2009 03:22:07 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> Ahhh... as usual you associate fact with whining,

No, that was whining. Fact is I ripped you a new asshole (just what
your boyfriends always - a new one that wasn't as loose as the old
one) in a couple posts and I haven't mentioned it since. You're
the one that has taken it further by bringing it up in unrelated
threads.

> so you try character assasination.

<>snork> Ahh, more irony.

Shut the **** up you pathetic, whining, diseased faggot.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 23:17:40 -0400, Tracy wrote:
>
>> I also have a 16k btu power burner. I used it the other night for
>> drunken noodles. It was better but not as good as I hoped. Do you use a
>> ring for the wok? I had to remove it so the wok was closer to the heat.

> I always use a flat bottomed wok. Never could stand the wok rings.
>
> -sw

Interesting. I have always been slightly put off by flat bottomed woks
for not other reason than they don't look very authentic.

Maybe I should look into getting a new one.

Where did you get your latest?

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 09 Jun 2009 13:27:13 GMT, Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>

>> Steve needs to realize that you and me are majordomos of the rfc "***
>> Mafia"...that we have the means to put the "evil eye" on him if we so
>> wish...!!!

> Well, I don't wish him that much online hell But yes, we can
> certainly make his online life rather miserable. And there is so much
> material to work with. Outhouses and YouTube immediately come to mind
> <EG>. Of course, there is always the IT career. There is much more to
> work with though. It could be lots of fun but I just don't have the time
> right now. Perhaps in the fall. Problem with Stevie is; He totally
> enjoys getting into someone's personal RL issues, posting ridiculous
> fabrications, then he runs away. When confronted, he throws out "drama"
> or "whining" or some other denigrating term to try and squirm out of it.
> OTOH, he can't stand it when he is exposed. Can you say "KeyHole"
> trainee? LOL... and his latest is that he's thinking about posting all
> of his food pics. Gawd... trying to prove, on Usenet of all places, what
> a viable asset he is to RFC. <snicker> Talk about whining.
>

>> Oh, and Steve's a BIG pussy, too...

> That's been established for years. Problem is I used to really like him.
> Don't know what got into his knickers. Was it you I'll have to check
> out his pic on the website again to see what he looks like.

I rest my case.

Don't you faggots have a group all for yourself? We're trying to
talk about cooking in this thread. Funny - the same thing you
accuse me of never posting about.

Now whit the **** up you pathetic, whining, diseased faggot. try
cutting your wrists for the 4th time, will ya? This time do it
vertical.

ObFood: How do calm down a faggot? Give him a ring of kielbassa
and a condom to wrap around it.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:08:04 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:37:39 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> I'd guess he wanted to prove to someone else
>> that anyone can walk across a bed of hot coals.
>> There's no trick to it, just simple laws
>> of physics. You can't get burned. :-)

> Yeah - you got me there. It was part of a team-building exercise at
> work. All of us walked across hot coals, but I was the only one
> that got burned. Everyone else was a Christian.
>
> (I saw this on TV or a movie recently but I forget where)
>
> -sw

are you joking? i think i would beg off that one, team-builder or no.

your pal,
blake