Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ultimate recipe endorsement. :-)

To me, (mom went with this too!) the ultimate approval/endorsement of a
recipe is whether or not the cats like it. g

Selene (a medium hair black kitty) just happily snarfed down the kidneys
from the back portion of tonights Citrus Tarragon roasted chicken...

:-)

She's elderly, has hyperthyroidism and mouth pain issues so I'm always
happy to get any calories down her that I can! I know I'll probably
lose her within the next couple of years and I'm not looking forward to
it. sigh

How do you judge a successful recipe?
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

In my family, someone (usually James, but sometimes the teenager) will
say "Can we have this every day?"

Latest every-day requests were for my stroganoff.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" wrote in message

Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

In my family, someone (usually James, but sometimes the teenager) will say
"Can we have this every day?"

Because I tried out clipped recipes before typing them, our family
endorsement was an enthusiastic "Type it!"

Felice

Old 01-06-2009, 02:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

In my family, someone [..] will say "Can we have
this every day?"

Because I tried out clipped recipes before typing them,
our family endorsement was an enthusiastic "Type it!"

We're a combo of these two: I will try recipes from all sources, adjusting
them according to family tastes (if necessary). If it's a success, the
daughter-units will enthusiastically ask for it again. If it's a huge
success, Daughter-unit Alpha will ask if she can type it up and send it off
to Clan Ranger. Daughter-unit Beta is much more simple: she'll expect us to
invite everyone over to "share the wealth." (My extended Clan's tastes are
often not as cosmopolitan as my immediate family so some dishes flop at
first. e.g.: Mushroom Medley with Tofu Soup.)

The Ranger

Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

To me, (mom went with this too!) the ultimate approval/endorsement of
a recipe is whether or not the cats like it. g

Ha. My cat always (very politely) asks for a small taste. Her
range of good food is rather narrow, so I don't take it as approval
or not if she doesn't like it.

How do you judge a successful recipe?

I get 'You can make that again' ... which sounds kind of harsh in
writing. It's not, it's a joke, but really, if I make something not all
that memorable, I don't hear it.

nancy

Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 01:50:05 -0500, Omelet wrote:

To me, (mom went with this too!) the ultimate approval/endorsement of a
recipe is whether or not the cats like it. g

Selene (a medium hair black kitty) just happily snarfed down the kidneys
from the back portion of tonights Citrus Tarragon roasted chicken...

:-)

She's elderly, has hyperthyroidism and mouth pain issues so I'm always
happy to get any calories down her that I can! I know I'll probably
lose her within the next couple of years and I'm not looking forward to
it. sigh

How do you judge a successful recipe?

in my household it's pretty simple: do i like it?

your pal,
blake
Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Serene Vannoy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

In my family, someone (usually James, but sometimes the teenager) will
say "Can we have this every day?"

Latest every-day requests were for my stroganoff.

Serene

Sounds like fun. :-) I'll have to dig it out of the archives!

And yes, kids are good judges. I'll have to cook for the nephews more
often now that they are getting older.

Sis' liked the citrus tarragon roasted chicken recipe I posted recently.

--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

In my family, someone [..] will say "Can we have
this every day?"

Because I tried out clipped recipes before typing them,
our family endorsement was an enthusiastic "Type it!"

We're a combo of these two: I will try recipes from all sources, adjusting
them according to family tastes (if necessary). If it's a success, the
daughter-units will enthusiastically ask for it again. If it's a huge
success, Daughter-unit Alpha will ask if she can type it up and send it off
to Clan Ranger. Daughter-unit Beta is much more simple: she'll expect us to
invite everyone over to "share the wealth." (My extended Clan's tastes are
often not as cosmopolitan as my immediate family so some dishes flop at
first. e.g.: Mushroom Medley with Tofu Soup.)

The Ranger

lol How fun!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Omelet wrote:

To me, (mom went with this too!) the ultimate approval/endorsement of
a recipe is whether or not the cats like it. g

Ha. My cat always (very politely) asks for a small taste. Her
range of good food is rather narrow, so I don't take it as approval
or not if she doesn't like it.

How do you judge a successful recipe?

I get 'You can make that again' ... which sounds kind of harsh in
writing. It's not, it's a joke, but really, if I make something not all
that memorable, I don't hear it.

nancy

I totally get that. My husband's reaction to any new dish is usually
"not bad".
If he asks for it again, then I know it was better than not bad.

Tracy
Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
jay wrote:

The usual blithering idiocy...

I see, Jay, that you are suffering from the usual case of rectocranial
inversion syndrome.

I'd suggest you get that treated. Lithium might work.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
To me, (mom went with this too!) the ultimate approval/endorsement of a
recipe is whether or not the cats like it. g

Selene (a medium hair black kitty) just happily snarfed down the kidneys
from the back portion of tonights Citrus Tarragon roasted chicken...

:-)

She's elderly, has hyperthyroidism and mouth pain issues so I'm always
happy to get any calories down her that I can! I know I'll probably
lose her within the next couple of years and I'm not looking forward to
it. sigh

How do you judge a successful recipe?
--
Peace! Om

Certainly not by what the cat likes. She has a serious sweet tooth for one
thing.

If some thing is a hit at my house hubby will tell me "it's a keeper."

Ms P

Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

That's easy, its main ingredient is something I like to eat and it hasn't
any TIAD elements... I mean I like shrimp but you can bet your bipee I ain't
including any mushrooms and/or cheese.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

That's easy, its main ingredient is something I like to eat and it hasn't
any TIAD elements... I mean I like shrimp but you can bet your bipee I ain't
including any mushrooms and/or cheese.

Sheldon, I know you spoil your cats... ;-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote to jay:

I'd suggest you get that treated. Lithium might work.

Polonium might work even better.

Bob

Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 1, 2:50*am, Omelet wrote:

How do you judge a successful recipe?

The other half doesn't mind having it two nights in a row.