Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I love grocery shopping

You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
and impressed that I knew what it was.

He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
one's he's working on. How cool was that.
http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg

Thanks Jack, you made my day.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

[...]> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

> koko

Very cool story.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

cybercat wrote:

> "koko" > wrote in message
> >
> > You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

> [...]> Thanks Jack, you made my day.
> >
> > koko

> Very cool story.

It is, isn't it ;D That's a cool photo, too! Definitely something to
talk about when someone plays a didgeridoo in a grocery store. I assume
the guy had a vehicle large enough to accommodate such an instrument as
shown in Koko's photo. Although, why was he walking around in a grocery
store with a didgeridoo in the first place???? Just something to wonder
about <VBG>. Still neat.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sky > wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
> >
> > "koko" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

> > [...]> Thanks Jack, you made my day.
> > >
> > > koko

> > Very cool story.

> It is, isn't it ;D That's a cool photo, too! Definitely something to
> talk about when someone plays a didgeridoo in a grocery store. I assume
> the guy had a vehicle large enough to accommodate such an instrument as
> shown in Koko's photo. Although, why was he walking around in a grocery
> store with a didgeridoo in the first place???? Just something to wonder
> about <VBG>. Still neat.
>
> Sky

Probably trying to make some sales. <g>
The economy is down you know!

I'm thinking of dragging out what is left of my inventory and making
Sterling Silver Rosaries for eBay again.

I have a good rating there under "Katra".
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
> and impressed that I knew what it was.

Some years ago I saw a comedy routine poking fun at a CD named "The Sound
From Down Under." Here are the parts I recall, though they're probably
distorted because of the time which has passed:

The name makes it sound like a record of farts! The Sound From Down Under?
Why does "Down Under" ALWAYS have to mean Australia? Suppose you were
talking to one of your female friends who said, "We were kissing, and things
were starting to heat up, until I heard The Sound From Down Under. It
totally broke the mood." THAT AIN'T NO CD SHE'S TALKIN' ABOUT!

Suppose you just heard somebody say, "I was in an elevator with a little old
lady, and all of a sudden there was The Smell From Down Under." What would
YOU think was being discussed?

Suppose you saw a book entitled, "Mirrors on the Floor: The View From Down
Under." Would you think it was a book about Australia?

If somebody said, "I've got some secretions from down under," what would you
think he was talking about? Australian honey?

A didgeridoo being played sounds like a grossly prolonged fart from a very
loose asshole, so maybe the record company intended the name to be a joke
all along. (Like the word "didgeridoo" isn't a euphemism for shit anyway.
"Oy, Sheila, I've just extruded a rank didgeridoo! Come and have a look!")

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko said...

> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
> and impressed that I knew what it was.
>
> He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
> carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
> them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>
> Thanks Jack, you made my day.
>
> koko

koko,

While it's a beautiful piece, I don't know that I'd carry it around
everywhere. Maybe that's how he sells them. I've never seen one played.

I'm the elders go to guy for top shelf (out of reach) products. Hardly very
interesting I know.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 20:14:46 -0700, koko > wrote:

>You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
>I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
>Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
>Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
>asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
>and impressed that I knew what it was.
>
>He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
>carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
>them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
>one's he's working on. How cool was that.
>http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>
>Thanks Jack, you made my day.
>
>koko

Wow. That's a really beautiful one, too. I love seeing the folks at
the back of your photo, all turned toward the player.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
> and impressed that I knew what it was.
>
> He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
> carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
> them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>
> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

Great story! What a scream, he walks around carrying that. I wonder
what something like that would go for and where you'd keep it.

Thanks for that.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-B9418C.01191201062009
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> Sky > wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>> > [...]> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

>> > Very cool story.

>> It is, isn't it ;D That's a cool photo, too! Definitely something to
>> talk about when someone plays a didgeridoo in a grocery store. I

assume
>> the guy had a vehicle large enough to accommodate such an instrument as
>> shown in Koko's photo. Although, why was he walking around in a

grocery
>> store with a didgeridoo in the first place???? Just something to

wonder
>> about <VBG>. Still neat.
>>
>> Sky

> Probably trying to make some sales. <g>
> The economy is down you know!
>
> I'm thinking of dragging out what is left of my inventory and making
> Sterling Silver Rosaries for eBay again.

LOL!! On National Geographic this arvo was a show called 'Taboo'. Quite a
bit of it dealt with Pagans, and nudity, and Catholics, and nudity.....
seems they're all connected somehow.

> I have a good rating there under "Katra".

I'll have to go and have a Bo-Peep :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> > I'm thinking of dragging out what is left of my inventory and making
> > Sterling Silver Rosaries for eBay again.

> LOL!! On National Geographic this arvo was a show called 'Taboo'. Quite a
> bit of it dealt with Pagans, and nudity, and Catholics, and nudity.....
> seems they're all connected somehow.
>

> > I have a good rating there under "Katra".

> I'll have to go and have a Bo-Peep :-)
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

But I'm not currently selling...

Thanks anyhoo! :-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
> and impressed that I knew what it was.
>
> He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
> carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
> them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>
> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

Cool, but does he go everywhere with it? It's huuuge!
I'm sorry I didn't buy one in Australia, but there were so many
of them around (as well as boomerangs) it became almost
annoying to see.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:
> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

<snip>

> He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>
> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

Awesome!

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> koko wrote:
>> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

> <snip>
>
>> He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
>> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>>
>> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

> Awesome!
>
> Serene
>
> --
> 42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
> http://42magazine.com
>
> "But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and all
> other human conflict will not survive an online argument with humourless
> feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an example, your
> theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory

Why was this an item to bring to a grocery store? Leave it in the car.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
>> koko wrote:
>>> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

>> <snip>
>>
>>> He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
>>> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>>>
>>> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

>> Awesome!

> Why was this an item to bring to a grocery store? Leave it in the car.

Maybe they were walking. What difference does it make, so long as he
wasn't being a nuisance with it?

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-F62ED0.09233601062009
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> > I'm thinking of dragging out what is left of my inventory and making
>> > Sterling Silver Rosaries for eBay again.

>> LOL!! On National Geographic this arvo was a show called 'Taboo'. Quite

>> bit of it dealt with Pagans, and nudity, and Catholics, and nudity.....
>> seems they're all connected somehow.
>>

>> > I have a good rating there under "Katra".

>> I'll have to go and have a Bo-Peep :-)
>>

>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> But I'm not currently selling...
>
> Thanks anyhoo! :-)

You can see I'm an eBay newbie :-)

I thought you could view anyone who is/was a seller on there.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 00:53:15 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>>
>> "koko" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.

>> [...]> Thanks Jack, you made my day.
>> >
>> > koko

>> Very cool story.

>It is, isn't it ;D That's a cool photo, too! Definitely something to
>talk about when someone plays a didgeridoo in a grocery store. I assume
>the guy had a vehicle large enough to accommodate such an instrument as
>shown in Koko's photo. Although, why was he walking around in a grocery
>store with a didgeridoo in the first place???? Just something to wonder
>about <VBG>. Still neat.
>
>Sky

A question I asked him myself. Apparently it's too valuable to be left
in an unattended car. Even though in this neighborhood I leave
valuables in my car they are more easily concealed than a didgeridoo.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 05/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:39:55 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
>> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
>> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
>> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
>> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
>> and impressed that I knew what it was.
>>
>> He didn't hesitate to play it for me as his wife rolled her eyes and
>> carried on with her shopping. Come to find out he makes them and sells
>> them. He took the time to talk to me about the one's he's made and the
>> one's he's working on. How cool was that.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/wv4ena.jpg
>>
>> Thanks Jack, you made my day.

>Great story! What a scream, he walks around carrying that. I wonder
>what something like that would go for and where you'd keep it.
>
>Thanks for that.
>
>nancy

He didn't want to leave it in the car while they shopped so it's worth
more than I could afford. I'm kicking myself now for not asking it's
worth, I was too interested in his playing it and telling me about the
different woods and cactus ribs he's made some from.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 05/26
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-F62ED0.09233601062009
> @news-wc.giganews.com:

> >> LOL!! On National Geographic this arvo was a show called 'Taboo'. Quite

> >> bit of it dealt with Pagans, and nudity, and Catholics, and nudity.....
> >> seems they're all connected somehow.

> >> I'll have to go and have a Bo-Peep :-)
> >>

> >> --
> >> Peter Lucas

> > But I'm not currently selling...
> >
> > Thanks anyhoo! :-)

> You can see I'm an eBay newbie :-)
>
> I thought you could view anyone who is/was a seller on there.

I think you can view my stats...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news

>> > But I'm not currently selling...
>> >
>> > Thanks anyhoo! :-)

>> You can see I'm an eBay newbie :-)
>>
>> I thought you could view anyone who is/was a seller on there.

> I think you can view my stats...

A Feedback score of 4600........ noice!! :-)