General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #82 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 632
Default Cook North Korea!


"Bobo Bonobo®" schrieb :
<snip>
> It was every NATO country's obligation to respond to the 9/11 attacks,
> and Canada accepted their responsibility under the treaty.


No, it wasn't. A terror attack isn't a case of war.
The help was given without being obligated to do so;
a fact many USAns seem to have forgotten.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner


  #83 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,360
Default Cook North Korea!

On Jun 1, 10:31*pm, Brian Huntley > wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2:51*pm, "Michael Kuettner" > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "blake murphy" > schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:10c4tvhpx1mkv.mg4yqa7boj48.dlg@40t ude.net...

>
> > > On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:21:37 -0500, wrote:

>
> > >> On Sun, 31 May 2009 14:13:58 GMT, blake murphy
> > >> > wrote:

>
> > >>>On Sun, 31 May 2009 02:19:37 -0500, Andy wrote:

>
> > >>>>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:47:02 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>
> > >>>>>>Cook North Korea!

>
> > >>>>>>Let's drop some big ones now!

>
> > >>>>>>How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>
> > >>>>>>Andy

>
> > >>>>> Did you fall down and bump that pointed head of yours??? It was
> > >>>>> thinking like that that almost blew us all up during the Cuban Missle
> > >>>>> crisis.

>
> > >>>> The difference being, Russia wasn't a 3rd world country back then!
> > >>>> Remember
> > >>>> Kennedy negotiated with Russia, not Cuba to avoid the crisis.

>
> > >>>> North Korea will not negotiate.

>
> > >>>> Andy

>
> > >>>how dare those godless heathens not do whatever america wants them to
> > >>>do???!!!! *who the **** do they think they are??!!!

>
> > >>>blake

>
> > >> maybe the stupid shits will blow themselves up

>
> > > at the rate their missile tests are going, they sure won't be blowing
> > > anybody else up.

>
> > I've heard they're considering UPS as delivery system.

>
> I hope that's their choice - UPS can't get *anything* into Canada on
> time


I'd suggest DHL for timely international deliveries. Does UPS still
leave everything in a warehouse in Detroit/Windor for weeks?

John Kane Kingston ON Canad
  #84 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:41:47 -0400, Kswck wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:23:21 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> George Shirley said...
>>>
>>>> Chemiker wrote:
>>>>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:47:02 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Andy
>>>>>
>>>>> Eh! Little dogs yap the loudest. They're also the most
>>>>> fun to drop-kick.
>>>>>
>>>>> Alex, who believes that *real* dogs are too big to fit
>>>>> in the microwave oven.
>>>> Plus they declared an end to the 1953 truce agreement, this means that
>>>> the US, UN, are once again at war with North Korea. I think that this
>>>> time PRC won't come to the PRK's aid.
>>>
>>> It's the greatest world threat since Cuba!!! It must be stopped.

>>
>> if meant as a joke, this would be pretty funny. but you're so stupid
>>
>>>
>>> Most people are blindly ignorant.
>>>

>>
>> ...as well as 'blindly ignorant,' i know you are serious.
>>
>>> Call in the French???

>>
>> the french could teach us a thing or two about minding our own ****ing
>> business.
>>
>> blake
>>

> Or how to surrender.


good job on memorizing right-wing talking points.

blake
  #85 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:49:12 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:

> Dave Smith > wrote in news:4a245829$0$31514
> :
>
>> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
>> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
>> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.

>
> Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of blindingly
> self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had he
> not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.


....and possibly done so without beating their chests about for sixty years
afterward.

your pal,
blake


  #86 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,360
Default Cook North Korea!

On May 31, 12:03*pm, Andy > wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>
>
>
>
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Dave Smith said...

>
> >>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
> >>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat
> >>> to peace.

>
> >> Canada is a neutral country.

>
> >> Don't argue with US politics when Canada can't stick it's dick out to
> >> help!!!

>
> > You are an ignorant, ungrateful asshole. *There are Canadian troops
> > fighting and dying in Afghanistan. There are Canadian ships patrolling
> > in the middle east. If I had had my way, we would have waited at least
> > as long to help our neighbours as they waited to join the fight in
> > WWI.... until it was almost over. *But heaven forbid that you should
> > argue with facts instead of some stupid comment based on ignorance.

>
> Put it this way, how many Canadians have you lost?
>
> Andy-


Roughly 118 soliders and one diplomat till the end of April 2009.
Given the size of our forces in Afganistan this is a lot of people.

I was walking by the church in Kingston a few days ago when the
funeral service for Major Michelle Menzies was being held.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/af...ties/list.html

John Kane Kingston ON Canada
  #87 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:34:58 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> iffu wrote:
>
>>>> and we'd of tried our damdest to do so
>>>
>>> You WOULD OF?
>>>
>>> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
>>> Canadian English? Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of
>>> the English-speaking world?
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Does it really matter Bob, or is this the only thing you find at fault
>> with my post?

>
> Oh, there are plenty of other items at fault in your post, but I'm choosing
> not to debate international politics on a cooking forum, particularly with
> someone so illiterate and ill-informed as you have proven yourself to be.
>


yes, correcting grammar in a cooking forum is *so* much more germane.

blake
  #88 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:47:36 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jun 1, 8:48*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>> iffu wrote:
>>>> Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

>>
>>> and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

>>
>> You WOULD OF?
>>
>> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
>> Canadian English?

>
> Canadian English is just like American English, except they say, Eh?"
> at the end of each sentence.
>
>> Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of the
>> English-speaking world?

>
> You know the answer to that. Stu's grammar is consistent with his
> "recipes" on his website. The guy uses Cool Whip and Jello. He
> deconstructs the contraction, would've into would of, instead of,
> would have. I ain't the authority on English usage; I'm not really a
> grammarian, and misuse rubs me the wrong way, but crappy recipes are
> more relevant to critiquing in this forum than is bad English usage.
>>


but scolds on any subject are welcome everywhere!

blake
  #89 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:40:46 -0400, Kswck wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, Kswck wrote:
>>
>>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>>> m...
>>>> Andy wrote:
>>>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>>>
>>>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>>>
>>>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>>>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>>>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>>>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that
>>>> it
>>>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>>>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>>>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam.
>>>> Seven
>>>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>>>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>>>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>>>> big ones near Russia and China.
>>>
>>> Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses
>>> taxpayer
>>> dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.

>>
>> out of the 2,290 days of the bush administration, he spent 487 days at
>> camp
>> david and 490 at his 'ranch' in crawford.
>>
>> <http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4728085.shtml>
>>
>> until obama spends one-third of his time on vacation or on his way to a
>> vacation, as bush did, you can just shut the **** up.
>>
>> blake
>>
>>

>
> YOU piad for that excursion to NYC. SO shut the F**k up, idiot.


more crap from a rush limbaugh worshiper. yawn.

blake
  #90 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,219
Default Cook North Korea!

On Jun 2, 7:20*am, Michel Boucher > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote in news:1c2c242c-335e-4c47-890b-
> :
>
> > On Jun 1, 8:48*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> > wrote:
> >> iffu wrote:
> >> >> Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

>
> >> > and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

>
> >> You WOULD OF?

>
> >> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
> >> Canadian English?

>
> > Canadian English is just like American English, except they say, Eh?"
> > at the end of each sentence.

>
> Ah, a stereotype rears its ugly head. *We can refrain from such
> unconstructive...um...I hesitate to call them contributions...let's just
> call them insults and have done with it :-)


Oh, you silly. I was making fun of the stereotype.

--Bryan


  #91 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:39:39 -0400, Kswck wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
>> man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
>> Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
>> grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
>> know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
>> an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
>> Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.

>
> Not all of the Bin Laden family are terrorists.


but all the detainees in gitmo unquestionably are. that's why we must
torture them 'til they confess!

blake
  #92 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook ANDY! {WAS: Cook North Korea!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:41:20 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:11:08 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>>
>>> And for lagniappe Canada has a single-payer health care system which is

> more
>>> humane and thus superior to the mish-moshed US health care system, SO
>>> THERE...!!!
>>>
>>> :-P

>>
>> uh-oh, greg, you're sounding like a bitter left-winger here.
>>

>
> I'll **** off Andy even more and state that FRANCE has what is considered
> the best health care system in the world...


yeah, they surrendered to their socialist impulses...

blake
  #93 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,044
Default Cook North Korea!

iffu wrote:

>>> Perhaps it's that you get your rocks off on correcting peoples grammar
>>> and that's why you do it so often.

>>
>> What do you mean, "so often"? Can you provide five examples in the last
>> five years?
>>
>> No, you can't, liar.

>
> Oh hit a nerve did I? Seems I was correct, interesting.


No, the fact that you were utterly able to provide the examples means that
*I* was correct, and you are just another liar who's been caught in his
lies. Not really interesting at all; rather routine, in fact.

A *decent* person would be embarrassed by being proven a liar as I showed
you to be. I see it took you six hours to respond, which you probably spent
feverishly and unsuccessfully trying to find examples of my "so often"
grammar-correction before posting "seems I was correct," which you know is
another lie. In the end, you have been shown up for the liar you are. Of
course that's in ADDITION to your complete ineptitude with the English
language and your cloddish ignorance of cooking.

Bob



  #94 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,044
Default Cook North Korea!

Michel wrote:

>> Canadian English is just like American English, except they say, Eh?"
>> at the end of each sentence.

>
> Ah, a stereotype rears its ugly head. We can refrain from such
> unconstructive...um...I hesitate to call them contributions...let's just
> call them insults and have done with it :-)


Most Americans were unaware of the stereotype until those wacky Canadians
Bob and Doug McKenzie (which is to say Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas) brought
it to our attention.

But does this mean that Canada *isn't* changing its national anthem from "O
Canada" to "Canada, Eh?" :-)

Speaking of national anthems, I read a story quite some time ago about a
police officer who had three men in custody, one of whom was a Nazi spy. The
police officer was quizzing them separately about Americana. He asked all
three to come up with the phrase matching "terror of flight." Only one of
them came up with "gloom of the grave." The other two didn't know the words
to the *entire* Star-Spangled Banner. But with typical Nazi thoroughness,
the spy had been briefed to remember the whole thing, and that's how he was
revealed as a spy.

Bob



  #95 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Cook North Korea!


blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:49:12 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:
>
> > Dave Smith > wrote in

news:4a245829$0$31514
> > :
> >
> >> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
> >> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
> >> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.

> >
> > Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of blindingly
> > self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had he
> > not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

>
> ...and possibly done so without beating their chests about for sixty years
> afterward.



Thing is, the war changed the US *titanically*. In 1940 we were like 20th
in the world in military power, behind places like Belgium and Portugal. In
1945 we were - and remain - *first* in military might...and economic might.

Pre - WWII we were isolationist. Afterwards we were thrust - and somewhat
reluctanctly - into a position of world leadership and influence.and we are
still there...

Unlike the French and the British and other former great powers we are
pretty lousy at playing the game of "empire"...we lack the stomach to attend
to the real tasks of committing to the "ruling" of far - away places. One
of the reasons we are somewhat "at sea" in Iraq and Afghanistan...

We occupied Germany and Japan and within a decade we sent them on their way,
as nation - states they are models of success. Of course we had defeated
them totally in war, they weren't engaged in intercinine ethnic conflicts,
and they were advanced industrial nations, in Germany's case they were a
cradle of Western civilisation...

All that said, the US has a right to be proud of what we did during WWII,
but we need to acknowledge what others did, too...

Michel up there with his comment on us getting "late" into the war forgets
that there was a ***STRONG*** anti-war and isolationist sentiment amongst
the US populace and this was reflected in our leadership, most of whom would
have been perfectly happy to let the Europeans fight it out amongst
themselves. There was even something of a lingering anti-UK feeling in many
quarters, FDR had to really work at even getting Lend-Lease passed. So
practically speaking, there was simply no way we were going to get into the
war without our being directly attacked. We should not have been shocked by
Pearl Harbor, but we have the luxury of hindsight...those at the time did
not.


--
Best
Greg







  #96 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19,959
Default Cook North Korea!

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:12:34 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:49:12 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:
>>
>>> Dave Smith > wrote in

> news:4a245829$0$31514
>>> :
>>>
>>>> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
>>>> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
>>>> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.
>>>
>>> Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of blindingly
>>> self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had he
>>> not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

>>
>> ...and possibly done so without beating their chests about for sixty years
>> afterward.


<snips>

> All that said, the US has a right to be proud of what we did during WWII,
> but we need to acknowledge what others did, too...
>


yes, of course. what i'm thinking of is the drunks down at the VFW hall
mumbling about how 'we saved their asses in The Big One...' and therefore
they should kiss *our* asses forevermore.

blake
  #97 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Cook North Korea!


blake murphy wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:12:34 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
> > blake murphy wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:49:12 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:
> >>
> >>> Dave Smith > wrote in

> > news:4a245829$0$31514
> >>> :
> >>>
> >>>> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
> >>>> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to

turn
> >>>> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.
> >>>
> >>> Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of

blindingly
> >>> self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had

he
> >>> not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their

own.
> >>
> >> ...and possibly done so without beating their chests about for sixty

years
> >> afterward.

>
> <snips>
>
> > All that said, the US has a right to be proud of what we did during

WWII,
> > but we need to acknowledge what others did, too...
> >

>
> yes, of course. what i'm thinking of is the drunks down at the VFW hall
> mumbling about how 'we saved their asses in The Big One...' and therefore
> they should kiss *our* asses forevermore.



They're just old drunk d00ds, blake, nothing to "worry" about...


--
Best
Greg


  #98 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,387
Default Cook North Korea!

On May 31, 12:45*pm, "Kswck" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>
>
>
>
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >> Cook North Korea!

>
> >> Let's drop some big ones now!

>
> >> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>
> > How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
> > president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
> > peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
> > find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. *The US thought that it
> > would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
> > surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
> > people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam. Seven
> > years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
> > have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. *No
> > one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
> > big ones near Russia and China.

>
> Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
> dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Don't even go there as GW used plenty of that to keep going to his
ranch in TX on Air Force 1...
  #99 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,387
Default Cook North Korea!

On Jun 1, 9:39*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, Kswck wrote:
> > "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> Andy wrote:
> >>> Cook North Korea!

>
> >>> Let's drop some big ones now!

>
> >>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>
> >> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
> >> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
> >> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
> >> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. *The US thought that it
> >> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
> >> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
> >> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam. Seven
> >> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
> >> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. *No
> >> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
> >> big ones near Russia and China.

>
> > Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
> > dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.

>
> out of the 2,290 days of the bush administration, he spent 487 days at camp
> david and 490 at his 'ranch' in crawford.
>
> <http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/en...>
>
> until obama spends one-third of his time on vacation or on his way to a
> vacation, as bush did, you can just shut the **** up.
>
> blake- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Exactly!
  #100 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 115
Default Cook North Korea!

blake murphy wrote:

>
>> All that said, the US has a right to be proud of what we did during WWII,
>> but we need to acknowledge what others did, too...
>>

>
> yes, of course. what i'm thinking of is the drunks down at the VFW hall
> mumbling about how 'we saved their asses in The Big One...' and therefore
> they should kiss *our* asses forevermore.



I have to say that I have never heard those kinds of comments from
Canadian veterans, and I have known a lot of them. They figure that they
went over and did there duty and are proud to have done so. And our guys
were over in Europe long before the Americans in both world wars. Our
government did not sit back and watch their friends and allies get
pounded before the bad guys turned on them too.


  #101 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default Cook North Korea!

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:23:58 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>
>>
>>> All that said, the US has a right to be proud of what we did during WWII,
>>> but we need to acknowledge what others did, too...
>>>

>>
>> yes, of course. what i'm thinking of is the drunks down at the VFW hall
>> mumbling about how 'we saved their asses in The Big One...' and therefore
>> they should kiss *our* asses forevermore.

>
>
>I have to say that I have never heard those kinds of comments from
>Canadian veterans, and I have known a lot of them. They figure that they
>went over and did there duty and are proud to have done so. And our guys
>were over in Europe long before the Americans in both world wars. Our
>government did not sit back and watch their friends and allies get
>pounded before the bad guys turned on them too.



For the most part any vets I've ever come in contact with for the most
part don't want to talk about it. I've never heard a bad word said
about our allies from our vets as everyone involved went through hell
and back.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Korea tea Tour Arthur Park Tea 0 22-12-2009 01:42 AM
Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea Andy[_15_] General Cooking 28 09-06-2009 08:29 PM
North Korea James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 2 16-01-2009 03:52 AM
Visiting Korea Joel Dietz Tea 0 06-03-2008 06:43 AM
What about a North East US Cook-in? maxine in ri General Cooking 7 19-07-2006 04:03 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"