Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cook North Korea!

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:42:35 -0400, "Kswck" >
wrote:

>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
om...
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>
>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>
>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that it
>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam. Seven
>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>> big ones near Russia and China.

>Actually, they did find WMD's. Just not in the quantity they were expecting.

Where? Bush would of gone to town with his war mongering diatribe if
that was the case.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, "Kswck" >
wrote:

>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
om...
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>
>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>
>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that it
>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam. Seven
>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>> big ones near Russia and China.

>Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
>dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.

Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cook ANDY! {WAS: Cook North Korea!

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:11:08 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> And for lagniappe Canada has a single-payer health care system which is more
> humane and thus superior to the mish-moshed US health care system, SO
> THERE...!!!
>
> :-P

uh-oh, greg, you're sounding like a bitter left-winger here.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:35:56 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:11:08 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>
>> And for lagniappe Canada has a single-payer health care system which is more
>> humane and thus superior to the mish-moshed US health care system, SO
>> THERE...!!!
>>
>> :-P

>uh-oh, greg, you're sounding like a bitter left-winger here.
>
>blake

Hmmmm, maybe thats why alot of the big breakthroughs come from us

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:23:21 -0500, Andy wrote:

> George Shirley said...
>
>> Chemiker wrote:

>>> Eh! Little dogs yap the loudest. They're also the most
>>> fun to drop-kick.
>>>
>>> Alex, who believes that *real* dogs are too big to fit
>>> in the microwave oven.

>> Plus they declared an end to the 1953 truce agreement, this means that
>> the US, UN, are once again at war with North Korea. I think that this
>> time PRC won't come to the PRK's aid.

> It's the greatest world threat since Cuba!!! It must be stopped.

if meant as a joke, this would be pretty funny. but you're so stupid

> Most people are blindly ignorant.

....as well as 'blindly ignorant,' i know you are serious.

> Call in the French???

the french could teach us a thing or two about minding our own ****ing
business.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 11:08:12 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Andy said...
>
>> Dave Smith said...

>>> You are an ignorant, ungrateful asshole. There are Canadian troops
>>> fighting and dying in Afghanistan. There are Canadian ships patrolling
>>> in the middle east. If I had had my way, we would have waited at least
>>> as long to help our neighbours as they waited to join the fight in
>>> WWI.... until it was almost over. But heaven forbid that you should
>>> argue with facts instead of some stupid comment based on ignorance.

>> Put it this way, how many Canadians have you lost?
>>
>> Andy

> I'd also recommend you center your attention to North Korea, the problem at
> the moment.
>
> Andy

yes!!! n. korea has robodrone bomber planes that can threaten the u.s.,
just like iraq!!!! we must invade!!! after all, iraq was a cakewalk and
paid for itself in oil revenues!!!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 12:58:41 -0500, Chemiker wrote:

> On Sun, 31 May 2009 10:35:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>Andy wrote:
>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>
>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>
>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

> [drivel snipped]
>
> Simple facts: Iraq was developing long range ballistic
> cannons to reach Israel. Stopped and Brit designer died
> mysteriously, apparent suicide. Coincidence!
>
> Iraq used war gases against Kurds in their war against
> Iran. Gas warfare? Can you spell WMD?
>
> After the decision to deploy forces, we waited 14 months
> for the UN to get off its butt and do nothing. Saddam
> did not sit on his butt and do nothing.
>
> Why would anybody bury a MIG? Found in Iraq, based on
> a tip. Why do this? To prepare it for instant flight?
> Or maybe to hide it. Had we not found it, it would
> never have existed.
>
> What convoys went to Syria during that 14 months, and
> why? (Conviently ignored....)
>
> That "WMD - wasn't there" argument is tiring. Like there
> were no VC's in that jungle, either. I mean you coudn't see
> them, right? So they were never there.
>
> Until you had incoming. From an enemy who wasn't there.
>
> With this kind of thinking, we got Pearl Harbor.
>
> Alex, annoyed.

the wmd's were complete bullshit, and the bush administration was yearning
to invade iraq the since the day after his inauguration. 9/11 was a
godsend for them.

this has all been well-established to anyone who isn't a wingnut.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 13:07:11 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Keep in mind we're talking about North Korea tomorrow.
>
> The past is not a problem!!!
>
> Andy

yes, let's forget the past and keep doing the same stupid shit we've been
doing. it's sure to work this time!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:18:51 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Vietnam was an embarrassing conflict for the US. Some people were bright
> enough to see that an invasion of Iraq would be a repeat of the Vietnam
> experience.

Yet it needn't have been.

Maybe it's a hindsight thing but three bloopers stick out large:

One. Going in with 248,000 troops when the Army had asked for 400,000.

Two. Disbanding rather than using the Iraqi army.

Three. The Pentagon (most point the finger directly at Secretary of
Defence Rumsfeld) ignoring the plans prepared in conjunction with the
Sate Department. See point two.

Matthew

--
Mail to this account goes to the bit bucket.
In the unlikely event you want to mail me replace usenet with my name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 14:42:56 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > Kswck wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, they did find WMD's. Just not in the quantity they were expecting.
> > >

> > After several years of searching, they found a couple old shells laying
> > around and a crate of degraded chemical shells that had been left behind
> > after the war with Iran. They found absolutely nothing worth invading for.

> Several tons of warheads filled with hydrogenated
> fats and high-fructose corn syrup. God only knows
> what kind of destruction that could have caused!

Inter-continental Ballistic Hershey Bars.

Matthew

--
Mail to this account goes to the bit bucket.
In the unlikely event you want to mail me replace usenet with my name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, Kswck wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> m...
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Cook North Korea!
>>>
>>> Let's drop some big ones now!
>>>
>>> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that it
>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam. Seven
>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>> big ones near Russia and China.

> Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
> dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.

out of the 2,290 days of the bush administration, he spent 487 days at camp
david and 490 at his 'ranch' in crawford.

<http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4728085.shtml>

until obama spends one-third of his time on vacation or on his way to a
vacation, as bush did, you can just shut the **** up.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Dave Smith said...

>>> We've all lost friends and family.
>>>
>>> Us more than you.

>> Yeah, you have, but it is your fight, not ours, and our assistance is
>> overlooked by the ignorant and uninformed. We were a lot faster jumping
>> to help our neighbours than they were to help us. Then they sit around
>> and complain that we don`t spend enough on defence. The US is the only
>> country that we have ever had to fight off invasions from.... plural.

> Dave,
>
> I'm not exactly proud of my country's conduct!
>
> I barely have a vote that matters!
>
> Andy

Andy,
Please, please stop making a total ass out of yourself... You throw
out the "Let's nuke N. Korea", nobody is helping the U.S. And then try
to duck the issue by saying "I'm only one vote". God, but, that is
lame.... Sheeze...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:11:08 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >
> > And for lagniappe Canada has a single-payer health care system which is

more
> > humane and thus superior to the mish-moshed US health care system, SO
> > THERE...!!!
> >
> > :-P

> uh-oh, greg, you're sounding like a bitter left-winger here.

I'll **** off Andy even more and state that FRANCE has what is considered
the best health care system in the world...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
. com...

>>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that
>>> it
>>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam.
>>> Seven
>>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>>> big ones near Russia and China.

>>Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
>>dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.
>>

> Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
> man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
> Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
> grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
> know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
> an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
> Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.

Not all of the Bin Laden family are terrorists.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, Kswck wrote:
>
>> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> How ironic Andy. You live in a country that invaded Iraq because, your
>>> president claimed, they had a vast arsenal of WMDs and were a threat to
>>> peace. You made a preemptive strike to disarm Saddam, and then couldn't
>>> find that massive arsenal.... or any WMDs at all. The US thought that
>>> it
>>> would be a cake walk to invade Iraq. You assumed that the army would
>>> surrender in droves like they had in the Kuwait affair, and that the
>>> people would embrace freedom and democracy after the fall of Saddam.
>>> Seven
>>> years later the war is dragging down your country. Thousands of soldiers
>>> have been killed and many thousands more have been horribly wounded. No
>>> one expects that North Korea would be easy,and you can't be dropping the
>>> big ones near Russia and China.

>> Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses
>> taxpayer
>> dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.

> out of the 2,290 days of the bush administration, he spent 487 days at
> camp
> david and 490 at his 'ranch' in crawford.
>
> <http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/16/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4728085.shtml>
>
> until obama spends one-third of his time on vacation or on his way to a
> vacation, as bush did, you can just shut the **** up.
>
> blake

YOU piad for that excursion to NYC. SO shut the F**k up, idiot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:23:21 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> George Shirley said...

>>> Plus they declared an end to the 1953 truce agreement, this means that
>>> the US, UN, are once again at war with North Korea. I think that this
>>> time PRC won't come to the PRK's aid.

>> It's the greatest world threat since Cuba!!! It must be stopped.

> if meant as a joke, this would be pretty funny. but you're so stupid
>

>> Most people are blindly ignorant.
>>

> ...as well as 'blindly ignorant,' i know you are serious.
>
>> Call in the French???

> the french could teach us a thing or two about minding our own ****ing
> business.
>
> blake

Or how to surrender.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:39:39 -0400, "Kswck" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 15:45:57 -0400, "Kswck" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
.com...

>>>Good thing we got rid of Bush and someone SO much better. He uses taxpayer
>>>dollars to go on dates to NYC with his wife.
>>>

>> Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
>> man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
>> Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
>> grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
>> know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
>> an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
>> Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.

>Not all of the Bin Laden family are terrorists.

It has not been proven without a doubt yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:39:39 -0400, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
g.com...

>>> Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
>>> man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
>>> Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
>>> grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
>>> know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
>>> an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
>>> Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.

>>Not all of the Bin Laden family are terrorists.
>>

> It has not been proven without a doubt yet

Not proven one way or the other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

>> Hmmm how many years did you have that were bush years....too many (old
>> man Bush and the pup GeorgeW). Wasn't GW the one that allowed the Bin
>> Laden family to flee the USA the day after 911 when all planes were
>> grounded? Wern't they all at a investors meeting with Haliberton...you
>> know who they are right? They make profits off of war, isn't Bush Sr.
>> an investor as well the Bin Ladin family and the saudi's??
>> Give Obama a chance, he can't but do a better job.

> Not all of the Bin Laden family are terrorists.

That's true, but it is an incredible irony. Immediately after the 9/11
attack US airspace was shut down. Hundreds of US bound planes were
diverted to airports outside of the US. Many of them had to land in
Canada. No one was allowed to fly... no one. Osama bin Laden was
immediately blamed for the attacks. Yet, the only people were were
allowed to fly were the bin Laden family. That is extremely hard to
understand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:23:21 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>
>>> George Shirley said...
>>>

>>> Most people are blindly ignorant.
>>>

>> ...as well as 'blindly ignorant,' i know you are serious.
>>
>>> Call in the French???

>> the french could teach us a thing or two about minding our own ****ing
>> business.
>>
>> blake
>>

> Or how to surrender.

They did a pretty good job of holding the line during WW I. If American
troops had taken the pounding that they did they would have thrown in
the towel. The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out. But one their
own they have only managed to beat superpowers like Grenada and Panama.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:4a245829$0$31514
:

> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.

Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of blindingly
self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had he
not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 9:02*am, George Shirley > wrote:
> Chemiker wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:47:02 -0500, Andy > wrote:

> >> Cook North Korea!

> >> Let's drop some big ones now!

> >> How dare they threat a declaration of international war.

> >> Andy

> > Eh! Little dogs yap the loudest. They're also the most
> > fun to drop-kick.

> > Alex, who believes that *real* dogs are too big to fit
> > in the microwave oven.

I don't think that you should cook raw meat in the microwave, and I
think that most Koreans, North or South, would agree. The Koreans
steam, boil, stew, and make the dog into soup, but I've never heard of
them microwaving it.

> Plus they declared an end to the 1953 truce agreement, this means that
> the US, UN, are once again at war with North Korea.

We were never "at war with North Korea."

> I think that this time PRC won't come to the PRK's aid.

Without a single nuke the PRK could level Seoul in hours. There's no
way to preempt that.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 11:03*am, Andy > wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> Dave Smith said...

> >> Canada is a neutral country.

> >> Don't argue with US politics when Canada can't stick it's dick out to
> >> help!!!

> > You are an ignorant, ungrateful asshole. *There are Canadian troops
> > fighting and dying in Afghanistan. There are Canadian ships patrolling
> > in the middle east. If I had had my way, we would have waited at least
> > as long to help our neighbours as they waited to join the fight in
> > WWI.... until it was almost over. *But heaven forbid that you should
> > argue with facts instead of some stupid comment based on ignorance.

> Put it this way, how many Canadians have you lost?

Our Canadian NATO allies have lost 118. As of 4/24/09 "...118
Canadian soldiers have been killed serving in the Afghanistan mission.
One diplomat and two aid workers have also been killed."
source-- http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/af...ties/list.html
It was every NATO country's obligation to respond to the 9/11 attacks,
and Canada accepted their responsibility under the treaty. The USA
and Canada are good neighbors. I can't imagine any country I'd rather
share a huge border with.

Andy, as a % of population, more Canadian have given their lives in
Afghanistan than have Americans. You should humbly apologize.
source-- http://icasualties.org/OEF/ByNationality.aspx
source-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

--Bryan

> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 12:03*pm, Dave Smith >
wrote:

> >> I think that's the most idiotic statement that has ever come out of
> >> your yapper Andy, you are indeed a dumb ****. The US went into
> >> Afghanistan, then troops were pull for Iraq, Canada stepped in with
> >> other countries. We've lost many Canadian sons and daughters in
> >> Afghanistan, perhaps you need to look here is see the real carnage
> >>http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/focus/f.../index-eng.asp

> >> Many of these fallen soldiers were my friends, I knew their families,
> >> I knew their kids. *You Andy are a dumb ****.

> > We've all lost friends and family.

> > Us more than you.

> Yeah, you have, but it is your fight, not ours, and our assistance is
> overlooked by the ignorant and uninformed. We were a lot faster jumping
> to help our neighbours than they were to help us. Then they sit around
> and complain that we don`t spend enough on defence. The US is the only
> country that we have ever had to fight off invasions from.... plural.

No, Dave. It's NATO's fight. I just pointed out that Canadians have
given more lives as a % of population than American, and scolded Andy
for his ignorance. Under Bush, the USA did not fulfill its
responsibility in Afghanistan, whereas Canada did. If we'd had a
decent president--like Obama--I believe that that would not have been
the case. Andy should apologize. Canada is the best friend the USA
could ever hope to have.

--Bryan

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 31, 3:11*pm, "Gregory Morrow" >
wrote:
> Kswck wrote:
> > "Andy" > wrote in message

> > > Dave Smith said...

> > > Canada is a neutral country.

> > > Don't argue with US politics when Canada can't stick it's dick out to
> > > help!!!

> > > Andy
> > > --

> > Get your facts straight.

> I guess that Andy doesn't know:
>
> - Canada is a founding member of NATO
>
> - The Canadian "DEW" line of radar stations was the primary defense warning
> system for North America during the Cold War era
>
> - Canada entered WWII before the US did. *Has Andy ever visited any of the
> grave sites of the Canadian soldiers buried in Europe, I wonder...???
>
> - On 9/11 when all commercial air traffic was grounded, much of that traffic
> was diverted to land in Canada. *The Canadians GRACIOUSLY opened their
> facilities, their homes, and their hearts to the many thousands of *air
> travelers who were stranded in Canada for the four-day period during which
> air travel was shut down. *When Bush went on to address the nation that
> evening he should have mentioned this and thanked Canada for this good and
> selfless deed. *He did not, which to me was the height of un-graciousness...
>
> And for lagniappe Canada has a single-payer health care system which is more
> humane and thus superior to the mish-moshed US health care system, SO
> THERE...!!!

Oh no, I agree with everything that Greg said.

I just asked my 7 YO son, "If someone asked you which country is
America's best friend in the whole world, what would you say?" He
immediately said, "Canada." When I praised him for being so smart, he
said, "That's easy. Everybody knows that."

> :-P
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:49:12 -0500, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

>Dave Smith > wrote in news:4a245829$0$31514
:

>> The US does not have a great record in winning wars single
>> handed. Sure they have done well with coalitions, and did help to turn
>> the tide during two world wars that they tried to sit out.

>Indeed, their record on both WWI and WWII is nothing short of blindingly
>self-interested until Dec 9 41 when Hitler declared war on them. Had he
>not done that, Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

and we'd of tried our damdest to do so
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

>> Yeah, you have, but it is your fight, not ours, and our assistance is
>> overlooked by the ignorant and uninformed. We were a lot faster jumping
>> to help our neighbours than they were to help us. Then they sit around
>> and complain that we don`t spend enough on defence. The US is the only
>> country that we have ever had to fight off invasions from.... plural.

> No, Dave. It's NATO's fight. I just pointed out that Canadians have
> given more lives as a % of population than American, and scolded Andy
> for his ignorance.

I appreciate that Bobo, but I have to question that it is a NATO fight.
Article 5 of the NATO agreement isn't really clear about that. It
refers to an armed attack and the right of individual or collective self
defence, and taking action as they deem necessary. It is a little murky.
Afghanistan did not attack the US. It was a terrorist organization
operating within Afghanistan and elsewhere. Never the less, the Canadian
government did send troops. Initially, they were basically in a support
role, but later sent in more combat troops who were assigned to one of
the hottest area.

Meanwhile, instead of focusing it's efforts on Afghanistan, the US left
that job unfinished in order to invade Iraq, and that was done to disarm
Saddam of that vast arsenal of WMDs, which most of us did not believe
existed, and which turned out to be false.

> Under Bush, the USA did not fulfill its
> responsibility in Afghanistan, whereas Canada did. If we'd had a
> decent president--like Obama--I believe that that would not have been
> the case. Andy should apologize. Canada is the best friend the USA
> could ever hope to have.

I hope that you are right there. We resent being treated like an enemy
when we have provided more support that (we think) was required.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

iffu wrote:

>> Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

> and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

You WOULD OF?

I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
Canadian English? Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of the
English-speaking world?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:20:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>>

>>> Yeah, you have, but it is your fight, not ours, and our assistance is
>>> overlooked by the ignorant and uninformed. We were a lot faster jumping
>>> to help our neighbours than they were to help us. Then they sit around
>>> and complain that we don`t spend enough on defence. The US is the only
>>> country that we have ever had to fight off invasions from.... plural.

>> No, Dave. It's NATO's fight. I just pointed out that Canadians have
>> given more lives as a % of population than American, and scolded Andy
>> for his ignorance.

>I appreciate that Bobo, but I have to question that it is a NATO fight.
> Article 5 of the NATO agreement isn't really clear about that. It
>refers to an armed attack and the right of individual or collective self
>defence, and taking action as they deem necessary. It is a little murky.
> Afghanistan did not attack the US. It was a terrorist organization
>operating within Afghanistan and elsewhere. Never the less, the Canadian
>government did send troops. Initially, they were basically in a support
>role, but later sent in more combat troops who were assigned to one of
>the hottest area.
>
>Meanwhile, instead of focusing it's efforts on Afghanistan, the US left
>that job unfinished in order to invade Iraq, and that was done to disarm
>Saddam of that vast arsenal of WMDs, which most of us did not believe
>existed, and which turned out to be false.
>

>> Under Bush, the USA did not fulfill its
>> responsibility in Afghanistan, whereas Canada did. If we'd had a
>> decent president--like Obama--I believe that that would not have been
>> the case. Andy should apologize. Canada is the best friend the USA
>> could ever hope to have.

>I hope that you are right there. We resent being treated like an enemy
>when we have provided more support that (we think) was required.

What I resent is that we as the USA's neighbour have to produce
passports to cross the border we have been doing so as friends and
neighbours for over a 100 years. It makes us feel as though we are the
enemy you want to keep out and not your neighbours. Think about it.

It's got so crazy that you as Americans cannot return to your country
through the border without a passport as well, but you can come to
Canada without showing or having a passport. Just so you know it's not
our guards that will stop you from returning, it's your own border
guards.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:48:39 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>iffu wrote:
>
>>> Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

>> and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

>You WOULD OF?
>
>I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
>Canadian English? Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of the
>English-speaking world?
>
>Bob

Does it really matter Bob, or is this the only thing you find at fault
with my post?

Perhaps it's that you get your rocks off on correcting peoples grammar
and that's why you do it so often.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 1, 2:51*pm, "Michael Kuettner" > wrote:
> "blake murphy" > schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:10c4tvhpx1mkv.mg4yqa7boj48.dlg@40t ude.net...
>
> > On Sun, 31 May 2009 09:21:37 -0500, wrote:

> >> On Sun, 31 May 2009 14:13:58 GMT, blake murphy

> >> maybe the stupid shits will blow themselves up

> > at the rate their missile tests are going, they sure won't be blowing
> > anybody else up.

> I've heard they're considering UPS as delivery system.

I hope that's their choice - UPS can't get *anything* into Canada on
time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 1, 12:17*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> the wmd's were complete bullshit, and the bush administration was yearning
> to invade iraq the since the day after his inauguration. *9/11 was a
> godsend for them.

And of course, there were no Iraqis on the planes (with the possible
exception of some US citizens of Iraqi heritage.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 1, 8:48*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> iffu wrote:
> >> Canadians would have had to save Europe all on their own.

> > and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

> You WOULD OF?
>
> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
> Canadian English?

Canadian English is just like American English, except they say, Eh?"
at the end of each sentence.

> Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of the
> English-speaking world?

You know the answer to that. Stu's grammar is consistent with his
"recipes" on his website. The guy uses Cool Whip and Jello. He
deconstructs the contraction, would've into would of, instead of,
would have. I ain't the authority on English usage; I'm not really a
grammarian, and misuse rubs me the wrong way, but crappy recipes are
more relevant to critiquing in this forum than is bad English usage.

> Bob

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

iffu wrote:

>>> and we'd of tried our damdest to do so

>> You WOULD OF?
>>
>> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
>> Canadian English? Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of
>> the English-speaking world?
>>

> Does it really matter Bob, or is this the only thing you find at fault
> with my post?

Oh, there are plenty of other items at fault in your post, but I'm choosing
not to debate international politics on a cooking forum, particularly with
someone so illiterate and ill-informed as you have proven yourself to be.

> Perhaps it's that you get your rocks off on correcting peoples grammar
> and that's why you do it so often.

What do you mean, "so often"? Can you provide five examples in the last five
years?

No, you can't, liar.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:34:58 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>>> You WOULD OF?
>>>
>>> I've seen you use that phrasing more than once. Is "would of" correct in
>>> Canadian English? Or is it supposed to be "would have," like the rest of
>>> the English-speaking world?
>>>

>> Does it really matter Bob, or is this the only thing you find at fault
>> with my post?

>Oh, there are plenty of other items at fault in your post, but I'm choosing
>not to debate international politics on a cooking forum, particularly with
>someone so illiterate and ill-informed as you have proven yourself to be.
>

>> Perhaps it's that you get your rocks off on correcting peoples grammar
>> and that's why you do it so often.

>What do you mean, "so often"? Can you provide five examples in the last five
>years?
>
>No, you can't, liar.
>
>Bob

Oh hit a nerve did I? Seems I was correct, interesting.

Korea tea Tour Arthur Park Tea 0 22-12-2009 01:42 AM
Yeah it's time again to Nuke North Korea Andy[_15_] General Cooking 28 09-06-2009 08:29 PM
North Korea James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 2 16-01-2009 03:52 AM
Visiting Korea Joel Dietz Tea 0 06-03-2008 06:43 AM
What about a North East US Cook-in? maxine in ri General Cooking 7 19-07-2006 04:03 AM