Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hotel Food and package holiday.

For cheapness and 'the line of least resistance' the wife and i have gone
on a few 'half board' package holidays around Europe.

Looking at the web site reviews on the hotels chosen by the tour operators,
you can get a lot of people saying the hotel food is pretty bad and a
handful of reviewers that say the food is brilliant.

Guess we can all read between the lines as to what is going on with the
contradictory reviews.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to get a better idea of what hotel food is
really like, before actually going to that hotel?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

john royce said...

> Has anyone any ideas as to how to get a better idea of what hotel food is
> really like, before actually going to that hotel?

john,

Hotel food is probably not as good as restaurant food. Most hotels (with
the exception of **** ratings) don't rank highly since their customer base
is very transient.

I'd suggest you ring them up and ask what cuisine the hotel restaurant
specializes in. That's probably the best you can do.

I don't know if Zagat reviews hotel restaurants.

Good luck,

Andy
--
What should I make for breakfast?
http://alturl.com/wo3y
Posted to rec.food.cooking

john royce wrote:
> For cheapness and 'the line of least resistance' the wife and i have gone
> on a few 'half board' package holidays around Europe.
>
> Looking at the web site reviews on the hotels chosen by the tour operators,
> you can get a lot of people saying the hotel food is pretty bad and a
> handful of reviewers that say the food is brilliant.
>
> Guess we can all read between the lines as to what is going on with the
> contradictory reviews.
>
> Has anyone any ideas as to how to get a better idea of what hotel food is
> really like, before actually going to that hotel?

God ------------- have you seen the Griswalds and other National
lampoon VACATION series.

Were you the role model !
Harden up and just GO !