Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Insurance Rates

(Men drive more, too)

Rating systems and rate factors vary from insurance company to
insurance company. Auto insurance premiums are determined by using
many factors, gender generally being one of them.

With all factors being equal, a female between the ages of 18 and 25
will generally pay less then her male counterpart. This is because
generally speaking younger women have fewer accidents and moving
violations than males in the same age group. Statistics show that
males typically are more aggressive drivers and thus with some
insurance companies their risk factor is higher so a male driver's car
insurance rates are higher than that of a female.

Some of the other reasons that this is the case is because males on
average drive more then females. And if you drive more then your odds
of being in an accident increase. Also, young men are more often risk
takers behind the wheel. This often results in moving violation
tickets. Both of those factors result in higher premiums.

Male under the age of 25 typically have the highest premiums. Females
normally cost a bit less to insure because of statistics showing they
are not as aggressive behind the wheel.

So gender does affect your rates, because statistically females
drivers have less incidents than males their rates are in general
lower. Of course if a female has a bad driving record and her male
counterpart has a good, clean record then the female's rates would
normally be higher due to her record.

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content31134.aspx

--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mack A. Damia wrote:
> (Men drive more, too)
>
> Rating systems and rate factors vary from insurance company to
> insurance company. Auto insurance premiums are determined by using
> many factors, gender generally being one of them.
>
> With all factors being equal, a female between the ages of 18 and 25
> will generally pay less then her male counterpart. This is because
> generally speaking younger women have fewer accidents and moving
> violations than males in the same age group. Statistics show that
> males typically are more aggressive drivers and thus with some
> insurance companies their risk factor is higher so a male driver's car
> insurance rates are higher than that of a female.
>
> Some of the other reasons that this is the case is because males on
> average drive more then females. And if you drive more then your odds
> of being in an accident increase. Also, young men are more often risk
> takers behind the wheel. This often results in moving violation
> tickets. Both of those factors result in higher premiums.
>
> Male under the age of 25 typically have the highest premiums. Females
> normally cost a bit less to insure because of statistics showing they
> are not as aggressive behind the wheel.
>
> So gender does affect your rates, because statistically females
> drivers have less incidents than males their rates are in general
> lower. Of course if a female has a bad driving record and her male
> counterpart has a good, clean record then the female's rates would
> normally be higher due to her record.

FWIW I used to work for our provinces Ministry of Transportation and
have seen the statistics for accident rates per distance driven for
male and female drivers. It is an eye opener. In the 16-19 age group,
males have roughly 25% more crashes per distance driven than females. In
the 20-24 group, they are equal and the females in the 25-29 age group
have a slightly lower crash rate. From that age on, the male rates are
lower than females. The males show a downward trend while the female
rate starts to increase gradually. After age 70, the males rates start
to increase. Meanwhile, the female rate start are as bad at age 70 as
the men are at 80, and the 80 year old women are considerably worse than
new drivers.

While the accident rates for young males are slightly higher than
females, males tend to drive more. At least, at the time those stats
they did. Things seem a lot different these days. There seems to be
more young women at the wheel, and many of them have the same bad
driving habits that young men used to have. I used to see all sorts of
accidents involving young men, but these days the drivers involved seem
to be young women and old people.

Back in the 1990s, Ontario was considering graduated licencing for new
drivers and there was a lot of lobbying done by the Insurance Bureau of
Canada (ISBC). They were running all sorts of ads about how graduated
licencing in other countries had reduced accident rates in young
drivers. The government bought their argument and brought in graduated
licencing. When it was enacted, the premier made an announcement hoping
that the insurance companies would reduce their rates for young drivers.
The ISBC didn't go for that. They said that there was no evidence of
graduated licencing reducing accident rates. The *******s.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 14:27:58 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> (Men drive more, too)

>While the accident rates for young males are slightly higher than
>females, males tend to drive more. At least, at the time those stats
>they did. Things seem a lot different these days. There seems to be
>more young women at the wheel, and many of them have the same bad
>driving habits that young men used to have. I used to see all sorts of
>accidents involving young men, but these days the drivers involved seem
>to be young women and old people.

Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.

I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mack A. Damia wrote:

>> While the accident rates for young males are slightly higher than
>> females, males tend to drive more. At least, at the time those stats
>> they did. Things seem a lot different these days. There seems to be
>> more young women at the wheel, and many of them have the same bad
>> driving habits that young men used to have. I used to see all sorts of
>> accidents involving young men, but these days the drivers involved seem
>> to be young women and old people.

> Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.
>
> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.

If you think that it is scary driving a car among people like that you
should try bicycling or motorcycling. It is hard enough for some people
to pay attention enough to see cyclists, but now there is the added
distraction of the cell phone. Thank goodness it is going to be illegal
to use one while driving here within a few months.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:30:03 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> (Men drive more, too)

I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

ObFood: Thai fish cakes (flounder, red curry paste, lemongrass,
shrimp paste, ginger, kaffir lime leaf, green onion, rice flour,
white pepper, fish sauce). Musgovian corn on the cob and musgovian
couscous made with lobster base. And any other musgovian foods I
can find in the fridge.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mack A. Damia" > wrote in message

> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.
> --
> mad

Depends on your attitude. While I don't want to drive in heavy traffic in
big cities if I can avoid it, I don't find it stressful at all. I look at
it as a vigorous challenge. I've not tackled Mumbai yet so I'm not sure how
well that would be with the animals in the streets. Maybe if I worried
about time (which you have no control over) it would be stressful but if I'm
late, I'm late. Ice storms or heavy snow can be stressful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:30:03 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> (Men drive more, too)

>I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
>another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

Kindly bugger off.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:56 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:30:03 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> (Men drive more, too)

>>I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
>>another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

> Kindly bugger off.

Blow me, asshole.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 18:00:29 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:56 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:

>>>I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
>>>another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

>> Kindly bugger off.

>Blow me, asshole.
>
>-sw

Okay.

<*FARTS*>

Consider yourself blown by this asshole.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>>> While the accident rates for young males are slightly higher than
>>> females, males tend to drive more. At least, at the time those stats
>>> they did. Things seem a lot different these days. There seems to be
>>> more young women at the wheel, and many of them have the same bad
>>> driving habits that young men used to have. I used to see all sorts
>>> of accidents involving young men, but these days the drivers involved
>>> seem to be young women and old people.

>> Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.
>>
>> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
>> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.

> If you think that it is scary driving a car among people like that you
> should try bicycling or motorcycling. It is hard enough for some people
> to pay attention enough to see cyclists, but now there is the added
> distraction of the cell phone. Thank goodness it is going to be illegal
> to use one while driving here within a few months.

I drive a lot and also cycle and I think its attitude more than
cellphone use. I think the worst and most dangerous drivers by far are
the self centered I am in my 4 ton cocoon fluffed up truck drivers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George said...

> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Yes, I've noticed the change, too, now that you mention it.
>>>
>>> I'm an old man, according to some in here, and I certainly don't enjoy
>>> driving on SOCAL highways. Way too stressful.

>> If you think that it is scary driving a car among people like that you
>> should try bicycling or motorcycling. It is hard enough for some people
>> to pay attention enough to see cyclists, but now there is the added
>> distraction of the cell phone. Thank goodness it is going to be illegal
>> to use one while driving here within a few months.

> I drive a lot and also cycle and I think its attitude more than
> cellphone use. I think the worst and most dangerous drivers by far are
> the self centered I am in my 4 ton cocoon fluffed up truck drivers.

George,

Allow me to chip in...

I'm constantly shocked at the people who jog or bicycle at me in my lane,
thereby far reducing the time/distance to take evasive action. I always
hammer the car horn at them! I've gotten some pretty severe objections but
I'm never bothered about that. It is against the law to flow into traffic
like that, I do belive.

Best,

Andy
--
What should I make for breakfast?
http://alturl.com/wo3y
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:56 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:30:03 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> (Men drive more, too)

>>I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
>>another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

> Kindly bugger off.

you could at least mark the crap OT.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:50:41 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:56 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:

>>>I knew you'd become useless pretty quickly. Now you're nothing but
>>>another one of those OT posting moron spammers.

>> Kindly bugger off.

>you could at least mark the crap OT.

Some people eat breakfast while they're driving, so it's ON topic.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> you could at least mark the crap OT.

Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>> you could at least mark the crap OT.

>Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

He can't.

Recall where his head is.

--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 08:54:52 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:50:41 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:30:56 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:25:14 -0500, Sqwertz

>>> Kindly bugger off.

>>you could at least mark the crap OT.

> Some people eat breakfast while they're driving, so it's ON topic.

whatever you say, doctor.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

>> you could at least mark the crap OT.

> Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

some people filter topics on the characters 'OT.' it's only polite to
label such.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 13:03:34 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>>> you could at least mark the crap OT.

>>Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

> He can't.
>
> Recall where his head is.

what could i have been thinking? me, a lowly peasant, criticising a
super-genius like yourself. carry on!

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:51:10 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 2009 13:03:34 -0700, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>>>Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

>> He can't.
>>
>> Recall where his head is.

>what could i have been thinking? me, a lowly peasant, criticising a
>super-genius like yourself. carry on!

Recently, I've been hearing some news readers pronounce, "analyze",
with a long 'a'. I made a comment about it in Another Place.

Somebody said it's 'tunnel vision', but now I realize it refers to
narrow-mindedness that you so eloquently express.

Anal eyes.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:49:59 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

>>> you could at least mark the crap OT.

>> Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

>some people filter topics on the characters 'OT.' it's only polite to
>label such.

Polite?

You ****ing putz.
--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2009 12:35:24 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

> >> you could at least mark the crap OT.

> > Surely you could figure out it was OT by the subject alone?

> some people filter topics on the characters 'OT.' it's only polite to
> label such.

Good point. I retract my comment. I would try filtering that way, too,
except some of those are the most interesting.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA