FoodBanter.com

-   -   breakfast today... (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/172683-breakfast-today.html)

rosie[_1_] 22-05-2009 04:35 PM

breakfast today...

This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.

Rosie

Bobo Bonobo® 22-05-2009 04:39 PM

breakfast today...

On May 22, 10:35*am, rosie > wrote:
> This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
> night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
> tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.

I had leftover pasta sauce with WW spaghetti. It had a lot of peppers
in it. One green and one yellow bell, plus three large jalapenos. It
was hot.

> Rosie

--Bryan

sf[_9_] 22-05-2009 04:53 PM

breakfast today...

On Fri, 22 May 2009 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
wrote:

>This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
>night,

Oh, that's my kind of breakfast! I had an english muffin with jam and
it just didn't hit the spot.

>it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
>tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.

Huh, I need to see if my grocery store has cornbread crackers. A net
search tells me they are also made by Nabisco.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

[email protected] 22-05-2009 05:18 PM

breakfast today...

wrote:

>This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
>night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
>tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.
>
>Rosie

Oatmeal with a 1/8 cup raisins mixed in,
peach yogurt, 1 toast with cream cheese,
three cups French roast

Stu

What's the difference between Roast Beef and Pea Soup?
Anyone Can Roast Beef!!!

Omelet[_7_] 22-05-2009 07:01 PM

breakfast today...

In article
rosie > wrote:

> This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
> night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
> tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.
>
> Rosie

Sounds tasty! Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
With a bit of cheese...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Omelet[_7_] 22-05-2009 07:02 PM

breakfast today...

In article >,
wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2009 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
> wrote:
>
> >This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
> >night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
> >tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.
> >
> >Rosie

> Oatmeal with a 1/8 cup raisins mixed in,
> peach yogurt, 1 toast with cream cheese,
> three cups French roast
>

> Stu
>
> What's the difference between Roast Beef and Pea Soup?
> Anyone Can Roast Beef!!!

I had the same thing I had yesterday, but just varied the dressing a bit.
I'd just about kill right now for a half-raw hunk of grilled dead cow.
<sigh>

Om -> with a serious protein craving...

3 more days...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Sqwertz 22-05-2009 07:42 PM

breakfast today...

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
> wrote:
>
>> it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
>> tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.
>>

> Huh, I need to see if my grocery store has cornbread crackers. A net
> search tells me they are also made by Nabisco.

"Archer Farms" sounds like the Target house brand to me. Which is why
you'll never find those in a real grocery store. And if you thought
Walmart was the worst grocery store on the planet then you haven't been to
a Super Target yet.

-sw

Steve Pope 22-05-2009 08:03 PM

breakfast today...

Sqwertz > wrote:

>"Archer Farms" sounds like the Target house brand to me.

Correct

S.

rosie[_1_] 22-05-2009 10:17 PM

breakfast today...

On May 22, 1:42�pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 May 2009 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
> > wrote:

> >> it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
> >> tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.

> > Huh, I need to see if my grocery store has cornbread crackers. �A net
> > search tells me they are also made by Nabisco.

> "Archer Farms" sounds like the Target house brand to me. �Which is why
> you'll never find those in a real grocery store. �And if you thought
> Walmart was the worst grocery store on the planet then you haven't been to
> a Super Target yet.
>
> -sw

Right Steve,I did buy it at Target- it is the closest thing we have
near us, and as for a super Target being awful, we do not even rate a
Super Target, this is one step above a regular Target, it has foods,
but no frsh veggies, and no meat. So I only use it when We needs
things that fall into the cracker catagory..

Rosie

rosie[_1_] 22-05-2009 10:19 PM

breakfast today...

On May 22, 1:01�pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> �rosie > wrote:
> > This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
> > night,it was the best I have made in a long time.. Served with those
> > tasty cornbread crackers. There are made by Archer farms and so good.

> > Rosie

> Sounds tasty! �Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
> With a bit of cheese...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
> It's about learning to dance in the rain.
> -- Anon.
>

> Subscribe:

Long ago when I lived near LA I usaed to eat breakfast in a chili
place on the Newport Beach pier, they had the chili omlets, and were
delicious, serverd with Sourdough bread.I had forgotten how good they
were. now I need to make some more chili, so I cna have it in an omlet
for breaakfast.... evil grin....

Thanks!!

Rosie

rosie[_1_] 22-05-2009 10:21 PM

breakfast today...

On May 22, 3:01�pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> On 22-May-2009, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > Sounds tasty! �Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
> > With a bit of cheese...
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I have had chili omelets on occasion; however, when the desire for eggs and
> chili hit, it usually is satisfied with a Slinger. �If you are unaware of
> Slingers, they a �two eggs, as you like them (I prefer scrambled),
> cheeseburger patty, and fried potatoes, the entirety smothered in chili
> (beans optional), chopped onion and shredded cheddar. �Though not among my
> favorites, another chili parlor favorite here (STL) is chili ala mode; a
> bowl of chili with two eggs (over or sunnyside-up) floated on top.
> --
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

\Will be in STL for the month of June, working at Cahokia, I am
going to look for these.

Rosie

Serene Vannoy 22-05-2009 11:43 PM

breakfast today...

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
> wrote:
>
>> This morning, I had a bowl of left over chili from dinner last
>> night,

> Oh, that's my kind of breakfast! I had an english muffin with jam and
> it just didn't hit the spot.

James made me eggs and toast. It was lovely, with a glass of tomato
juice on the side.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory

Omelet[_7_] 23-05-2009 12:59 AM

breakfast today...

In article >,
"l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 22-May-2009, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > Sounds tasty! Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
> > With a bit of cheese...
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I have had chili omelets on occasion; however, when the desire for eggs and
> chili hit, it usually is satisfied with a Slinger. If you are unaware of
> Slingers, they a two eggs, as you like them (I prefer scrambled),
> cheeseburger patty, and fried potatoes, the entirety smothered in chili
> (beans optional), chopped onion and shredded cheddar. Though not among my
> favorites, another chili parlor favorite here (STL) is chili ala mode; a
> bowl of chili with two eggs (over or sunnyside-up) floated on top.

That second one sounds more tasty. :-)
Mom and dad always liked to combine spuds and eggs, but it never
appealed to me for some reason...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Steve Pope 23-05-2009 01:07 AM

breakfast today...

"l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 22-May-2009, Omelet > wrote:

> > Sounds tasty! Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
> > With a bit of cheese...

> I have had chili omelets on occasion; however, when the desire for eggs and
> chili hit, it usually is satisfied with a Slinger. If you are unaware of
> Slingers, they a two eggs, as you like them (I prefer scrambled),
> cheeseburger patty, and fried potatoes, the entirety smothered in chili
> (beans optional), chopped onion and shredded cheddar.

I think of a chili omelet as an omelet with chilis (the vegetable),
not chili (the stew).

Steve

Omelet[_7_] 23-05-2009 01:22 AM

breakfast today...

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> "l, not -l" > wrote:
>
> > On 22-May-2009, Omelet > wrote:

> > > Sounds tasty! Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
> > > With a bit of cheese...

> > I have had chili omelets on occasion; however, when the desire for eggs and
> > chili hit, it usually is satisfied with a Slinger. If you are unaware of
> > Slingers, they a two eggs, as you like them (I prefer scrambled),
> > cheeseburger patty, and fried potatoes, the entirety smothered in chili
> > (beans optional), chopped onion and shredded cheddar.

> I think of a chili omelet as an omelet with chilis (the vegetable),
> not chili (the stew).
>
> Steve

Indeed. Like Chorizo. :-d
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

[email protected] 23-05-2009 02:53 AM

breakfast today...

On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:59:34 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "l, not -l" > wrote:
>
>> On 22-May-2009, Omelet > wrote:
>>
>> > Sounds tasty! Ever tried a chili omelet? <g>
>> > With a bit of cheese...
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> I have had chili omelets on occasion; however, when the desire for eggs and
>> chili hit, it usually is satisfied with a Slinger. If you are unaware of
>> Slingers, they a two eggs, as you like them (I prefer scrambled),
>> cheeseburger patty, and fried potatoes, the entirety smothered in chili
>> (beans optional), chopped onion and shredded cheddar. Though not among my
>> favorites, another chili parlor favorite here (STL) is chili ala mode; a
>> bowl of chili with two eggs (over or sunnyside-up) floated on top.

>That second one sounds more tasty. :-)
>Mom and dad always liked to combine spuds and eggs, but it never
>appealed to me for some reason...

They shouldn't call it a slinger, should be called the heart stopper.

sf[_9_] 23-05-2009 05:39 AM

breakfast today...

On Fri, 22 May 2009 14:17:29 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
wrote:

>Right Steve,I did buy it at Target- it is the closest thing we have
>near us, and as for a super Target being awful, we do not even rate a
>Super Target, this is one step above a regular Target, it has foods,
>but no frsh veggies, and no meat. So I only use it when We needs
>things that fall into the cracker catagory..

Shoot, just say you bought it at Target! There's no shame in it. Now
I know where to look. :)

rosie[_1_] 23-05-2009 04:35 PM

breakfast today...

On May 22, 11:39�pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 14:17:29 -0700 (PDT), rosie >
> wrote:
>
> >Right Steve,I did buy it at Target- it is the closest thing we have
> >near us, and as for a super Target being awful, we do not even rate a
> >Super Target, this is �one step above a regular Target, it has foods,
> >but no frsh veggies, and no meat. So I only use it when We needs
> >things that fall into the cracker catagory..

> Shoot, just say you bought it at Target! �There's no shame in it. �Now
> I know where to look. �:)
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.