Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What do they do with all the male chickens?

Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
are they not edible?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jimw" > wrote in message
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

Really?

Originally the dish is Coq au vin.

You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" Where do you think it
came from?

Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was tender.

today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 2:37*pm, Jimw > wrote:
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
> are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

Chicken "breasts" are not mammary glands. Chickens are fowl and do not
have mammary glands. Chickens do not nurse their young.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
On May 10, 2:37 pm, Jimw > wrote:
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

Chicken "breasts" are not mammary glands. Chickens are fowl and do not
have mammary glands. Chickens do not nurse their young.

Yer kidding... yoose gotta be lying... quit messing with my head.... why
else would they call them breasts, huh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jimw" > wrote in message
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

The chicken breast we eat consists of what in humans is the pectoralis major
and minor muscles. I don't know what they call it in the chicken, probably
the same name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 3:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On May 10, 2:37*pm, Jimw > wrote:
>
> > Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
> > are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
> > are they not edible?

> Chicken "breasts" are not mammary glands. Chickens are fowl and do not
> have mammary glands. Chickens do not nurse their young.

You can buy Cornish game hens. What do they do with all the game
cocks?

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Theron wrote:
> "Jimw" > wrote in message
>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>> are they not edible?
>>

> The chicken breast we eat consists of what in humans is the pectoralis major
> and minor muscles. I don't know what they call it in the chicken, probably
> the same name.

That is much too detailed for an answer to a 14 year old troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 20:55:48 GMT, l, not -l wrote:

> On 10-May-2009, Jimw > wrote:
>
>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>> are they not edible?

> I believe you to have flawed logic and impaired reference skills; perhaps
> you should look up the word breast in a dictionary. While one meaning is
> generally female in origin, another is more generalized. M-W.com says: "2
> a: the fore or ventral part of the body between the neck and the abdomen".
> For additional support for the general use, see definition of "breast
> plate", which was historically worn primarily by men.
>
> Additionally, given the use of the general term "chicken", rather than hen
> or rooster, the referenced breast is genderless - it could be either.

I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
troll.

That's two bites.

"Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
good candidate for the killfiles.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jimw > wrote:

> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens.

Not necessarily. There exists a small faction of beady-eyed cosmetic
surgeons available to transform small-breasted birdies into voluptuous,
zaftig, and eminently delectable Chickie-Mamas. The surgeons command a
high price because their work is undetected by all but the most
discerning diner. Clearly you are not such a diner.

> What do they do with all the male ones, or are they not edible?

Modern medicine has made many formerly impossible things possible.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Jimw" > wrote in message
>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>> are they not edible?
>>

> The chicken breast we eat consists of what in humans is the pectoralis
> major and minor muscles. I don't know what they call it in the chicken,
> probably the same name.

Whoa... we're takin' plump mammaries here.. not Arnold Schwarzenegger
pumping iron... were're talkin' Jane Russel, not Gold's Gym.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 20:55:48 GMT, l, not -l wrote:
>
> > On 10-May-2009, Jimw > wrote:
> >
> >> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> >> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> >> are they not edible?

> > I believe you to have flawed logic and impaired reference skills; perhaps
> > you should look up the word breast in a dictionary. While one meaning is
> > generally female in origin, another is more generalized. M-W.com says: "2
> > a: the fore or ventral part of the body between the neck and the abdomen".
> > For additional support for the general use, see definition of "breast
> > plate", which was historically worn primarily by men.
> >
> > Additionally, given the use of the general term "chicken", rather than hen
> > or rooster, the referenced breast is genderless - it could be either.

> I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
> troll.
>
> That's two bites.
>
> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
> good candidate for the killfiles.
>
> -sw

Yahbut Moosemeat would've loved it.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> On May 10, 3:20 pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>> On May 10, 2:37 pm, Jimw > wrote:
>>
>> > Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> > are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>> > are they not edible?

>> Chicken "breasts" are not mammary glands. Chickens are fowl and do not
>> have mammary glands. Chickens do not nurse their young.

> You can buy Cornish game hens. What do they do with all the game
> cocks?

Male Peacocks are called peacocks obviously.
What are the females called?
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Pea****s.

TFM®

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jimw wrote:
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

That's a very good question Billy. The sad truth is that there not much
use for males (which are called roosters or cocks.) The chicks are
separated by sex soon after they're born and the males get put into a
grinder and sold to folks that use ground male chick material to make
fun and useful items like skateboard decks and Fender Stratocaster bodies.

It's a tough life for chickens and roosters. Don't think about this
since it may give you bad dreams - it's better that way. And Billy,
don't worry, only a few humans ever get ground up like this!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 14:37:37 -0500, Jimw > wrote:

>Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>are they not edible?

They sell 'em to the jews who use them to make chicken and matzoh ball ( the only part
of the matzoh that's fit to eat ) soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> "Jimw" > wrote in message
>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>> are they not edible?

> Really?
>
> Originally the dish is Coq au vin.
>
> You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" Where do you think it
> came from?
>
> Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was tender.
>
> today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.
>
> Dimitri

Also don't they neuter male chicks and then they are called Capon?

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TFM®" > wrote in message
om...

> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

>>> Chicken "breasts" are not mammary glands. Chickens are fowl and do not
>>> have mammary glands. Chickens do not nurse their young.

>> You can buy Cornish game hens. What do they do with all the game
>> cocks?

> Male Peacocks are called peacocks obviously.
> What are the females called?

pea hens

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 20:55:48 GMT, l, not -l wrote:
>
>> On 10-May-2009, Jimw > wrote:
>>
>>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>>> are they not edible?

>> I believe you to have flawed logic and impaired reference skills; perhaps
>> you should look up the word breast in a dictionary. While one meaning is
>> generally female in origin, another is more generalized. M-W.com says:
>> "2
>> a: the fore or ventral part of the body between the neck and the
>> abdomen".
>> For additional support for the general use, see definition of "breast
>> plate", which was historically worn primarily by men.
>>
>> Additionally, given the use of the general term "chicken", rather than
>> hen
>> or rooster, the referenced breast is genderless - it could be either.

> I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
> troll.
>
> That's two bites.
>
> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
> good candidate for the killfiles.
>
> -sw

Yeah, but it's funny! And I love the responses.

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mom peagram wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jimw" > wrote in message
>>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>>> are they not edible?

>> Really?
>>
>> Originally the dish is Coq au vin.
>>
>> You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" Where do you
>> think it came from?
>>
>> Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was
>> tender.
>>
>> today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Also don't they neuter male chicks and then they are called Capon?

Yup, they use electricity to neuter them nowadays.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:
> mom peagram wrote:

>>> Really?
>>>
>>> Originally the dish is Coq au vin.
>>>
>>> You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" Where do you
>>> think it came from?
>>>
>>> Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was
>>> tender.
>>>
>>> today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.
>>>
>>> Dimitri
>>>

>> Also don't they neuter male chicks and then they are called Capon?
>>

> Yup, they use electricity to neuter them nowadays.

ewwwwwwww poor things

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 3:37*pm, Jimw > wrote:
> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
> are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

Gind them up for feed. Well that's what large commercial poultry farms
do.

John Kane Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Jimw > wrote:
>
>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>> are all female chickens.

> Not necessarily. There exists a small faction of beady-eyed cosmetic
> surgeons available to transform small-breasted birdies into
> voluptuous,
> zaftig, and eminently delectable Chickie-Mamas. The surgeons command
> a high price because their work is undetected by all but the most
> discerning diner. Clearly you are not such a diner.
>
>> What do they do with all the male ones, or are they not edible?

> Modern medicine has made many formerly impossible things possible.

Quite so. We're having chicken stir-fry tonight using chicken breasts
that I bought at the stupidmarket... (Y'all may have gathered by now
that I don't eat my pets).

Anyway, I digress. These chicken breasts are what we
call "Dolly-size-breasts", because there is just no way, no how, that
these breasts could have gotten *that* big without a little help from a
cosmetic surgeon.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,

>> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks like a
>> good candidate for the killfiles.
>>
>> -sw

> Yahbut Moosemeat would've loved it.

Absolutely. We walked through a Chinese grocery store in
Sydney and saw
refrigerated plastic bags labeled with the brand in Chinese
and English, with
the subheading "Made from your own mother's hand." I later
figured out it was
kimchee and more cabbage than hand was involved. He would
have enjoyed
that, too.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 8:48*am, "mom peagram" > wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > "Jimw" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
> >> are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
> >> are they not edible?

> > Really?

> > Originally the dish is Coq au vin.

> > You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" *Where do you think it
> > came from?

> > Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was tender.

> > today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.

> > Dimitri

> Also don't they neuter male chicks and then they are called Capon?

Yeah. They get fairly big, they're docile and they get to live a
little longer than the other chickens. You can buy a frozen one at the
grocery. It'll set you back about $25.00.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just to interject a little reason into an unreasonable troll message.
Chickens are bred for either meat or eggs, most of the chickens you buy
at the market are about fifty days old and can either be male or female,
at that age they don't seem to care.

Here's a URL on the subject:

http://www.agrabilityproject.org/new...rch_2005/2.cfm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jimw said...

> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
> are they not edible?

They're forced to cross the road. A pirate chicken mutiny of sorts!

Some old score to settle. Has gone on for millennium.

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Yahbut Moosemeat would've loved it.

He was more of a leg and thigh man. The ones on the left side of the
chicken, IIRC.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l wrote:
> On 10-May-2009, sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
>> troll.
>>
>> That's two bites.
>>
>> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
>> good candidate for the killfiles.

> Obviously. But, just as you apparently did, I responded because I was bored
> and had nothing better to do for a couple of minutes. Pointing out troling
> in a trolling thread is also a bite.

Answering a troll with a serious response is a huge bite. Mine was barely
even a nibble and provides no amusement for the troll.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sqwertz wrote:

> I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
> troll.
>
> That's two bites.
>
> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
> good candidate for the killfiles.

Party-pooper...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> sqwertz wrote:
>

> > I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
> > troll.
> >
> > That's two bites.
> >
> > "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". Looks liek a
> > good candidate for the killfiles.

> Party-pooper...

And anyways Steve's the one that is behind the silly "Jerry Sauk" persona so
I don't know why he wants to spoil our fun...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 1:55*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> On 10-May-2009, Jimw > wrote:
>
> > Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
> > are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
> > are they not edible?

> I believe you to have flawed logic and impaired reference skills; perhaps
> you should look up the word breast in a dictionary. *While one meaning is
> generally female in origin, another is more generalized. * M-W.com says: "2
> a: the fore or ventral part of the body between the neck and the abdomen"..
> For additional support for the general use, see definition of "breast
> plate", which was historically worn primarily by men.
>
> Additionally, given the use of the general term "chicken", rather than hen
> or rooster, the referenced breast is genderless - it could be either.
>
> --
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

I do believe that warriors of old wore breastplates. Not too many
were the Joan of Arc type. I think horses wear breast plates too.
Not sure if body armor of today includes a breastplate or not. Breast/
chest... it's the same. Not sure why mammary glands came to be called
breasts though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 10:12*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> l, not -l wrote:
> > On 10-May-2009, sqwertz > wrote:

> >> I nice explanation from both of you, but it's an pretty obvious
> >> troll.

> >> That's two bites.

> >> "Jim's" last post was "How do you cook your mother?". *Looks liek a
> >> good candidate for the killfiles.

> > Obviously. *But, just as you apparently did, I responded because I was bored
> > and had nothing better to do for a couple of minutes. *Pointing out troling
> > in a trolling thread is also a bite.

> Answering a troll with a serious response is a huge bite. *Mine was barely
> even a nibble and provides no amusement for the troll.
>
> -sw

Can you back pedal any faster?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:29:48 -0700 (PDT), sf >
wrote:

> I think horses wear breast plates too.

There's a bit of modern tack refered to as a breastplate but when
armouring a horse it's called a peytrel.

Matthew
--
Mail to this account goes to the bit bucket.
In the unlikely event you want to mail me replace usenet with my name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 09:48:54 -0400, mom peagram wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jimw" > wrote in message
>>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. Therefore they
>>> are all female chickens. What do they do with all the male ones, or
>>> are they not edible?

>> Really?
>>
>> Originally the dish is Coq au vin.
>>
>> You've heard the expression "He's a tough old bird" Where do you think it
>> came from?
>>
>> Coq Au Vin was a way of stewing a rooster in red wine until it was tender.
>>
>> today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.
>>
>> Dimitri
>>

> Also don't they neuter male chicks and then they are called Capon?

don't mess with male chicks. it's nothing but heartbreak.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 11, 3:14*pm, Elder > wrote:
> In article >,
> says...> today IMHO they're dog food, cat food and McNugets.
>
> In the UK, when hatched and sexed, the males are killed and frozen.
> Some of them get sold the falconery centres and exotic pet centres. The
> falconers use them as lures for the birds.

Thank you. I've wondered about that for many years.
> --
> Carl Robson

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:29:48 -0700 (PDT), sf wrote:

> On May 10, 1:55*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
>> On 10-May-2009, Jimw > wrote:
>>
>>> Every chicken I have ever eaten has chicken breasts. *Therefore they
>>> are all female chickens. *What do they do with all the male ones, or
>>> are they not edible?

>> I believe you to have flawed logic and impaired reference skills; perhaps
>> you should look up the word breast in a dictionary. *While one meaning is
>> generally female in origin, another is more generalized. * M-W.com says: "2
>> a: the fore or ventral part of the body between the neck and the abdomen".
>> For additional support for the general use, see definition of "breast
>> plate", which was historically worn primarily by men.
>>
>> Additionally, given the use of the general term "chicken", rather than hen
>> or rooster, the referenced breast is genderless - it could be either.
>>
>> --
>> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

> I do believe that warriors of old wore breastplates. Not too many
> were the Joan of Arc type. I think horses wear breast plates too.
> Not sure if body armor of today includes a breastplate or not. Breast/
> chest... it's the same. Not sure why mammary glands came to be called
> breasts though.

it was thought that referring to them as 'tits' was undignified.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> don't mess with male chicks. it's nothing but heartbreak.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Shemales can be a shock to the unsuspecting...
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:31:27 -0700 (PDT), sf wrote:

> On May 11, 10:12*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Answering a troll with a serious response is a huge bite. *Mine was barely
>> even a nibble and provides no amusement for the troll.

> Can you back pedal any faster?

Uh, yeah. I'm already going at the speed of light, aren't I?

-sw