Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mothers day Menu

First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.

Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.

Our Menu tonight -

Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local theater
(Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy and
HORSERADISH.

Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough and
Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.

Your Menu?

Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>
>Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>
>Our Menu tonight -
>
>Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local theater
>(Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy and
>HORSERADISH.
>
>Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough and
>Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>
>Your Menu?
>
>Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>
>Dimitri

How do you propose cooking a mother?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jimw" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>>
>>Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>>dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>>
>>Our Menu tonight -
>>
>>Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
>>theater
>>(Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy
>>and
>>HORSERADISH.
>>
>>Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough
>>and
>>Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>>
>>Your Menu?
>>
>>Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>>
>>Dimitri

> How do you propose cooking a mother?

why more booze than they can handle - usually after 4 or 5 they get "cooked"

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Dimitri wrote:

>> How do you propose cooking a mother?

> why more booze than they can handle - usually after 4 or 5 they get
> "cooked"

Dude ... you beat me to the punch!

--Lin (and there is also pickling!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Jimw" wrote:
> How do you propose cooking a mother?

A cap in your butt, boy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.

Thank you, Dimitri.

>Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>
>Our Menu tonight -
>
>Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local theater
>(Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy and
>HORSERADISH.
>
>Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough and
>Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>
>Your Menu?

We had ribs, corn bread, coleslaw, fruit salad and onion rings.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.

> Thank you, Dimitri.
>>
>>Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>>dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>>
>>Our Menu tonight -
>>
>>Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
>>theater
>>(Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy
>>and
>>HORSERADISH.
>>
>>Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough
>>and
>>Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>>
>>Your Menu?

> We had ribs, corn bread, coleslaw, fruit salad and onion rings.
>
> Boron

Nice - she originally suggested ribs but she only eats 1 small rib and IMHO
it's not enough protein, on the other hand she'll devout a nice slug of pot
roast.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lin" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dimitri wrote:
>
>>> How do you propose cooking a mother?

>> why more booze than they can handle - usually after 4 or 5 they get
>> "cooked"

> Dude ... you beat me to the punch!
>
> --Lin (and there is also pickling!)

Great minds or something like that..
:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.

>> Thank you, Dimitri.
>>>
>>> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>>> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>>>
>>> Our Menu tonight -
>>>
>>> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
>>> theater
>>> (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots,
>>> gravy and
>>> HORSERADISH.
>>>
>>> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made
>>> sourdough and
>>> Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>>>
>>> Your Menu?

>> We had ribs, corn bread, coleslaw, fruit salad and onion rings.
>>
>> Boron

> Nice - she originally suggested ribs but she only eats 1 small rib and
> IMHO it's not enough protein, on the other hand she'll devout a nice
> slug of pot roast.
>
> Dimitri

We had a picnic in a local park

Grilled chicken
baked beans
orzo salad a la Giada De Laurentiis
Red cabbage cole slaw
Brownies to die for

It was a wonderful day with lots of family to enjoy it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>
> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>
> Our Menu tonight -
>
> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local theater
> (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy and
> HORSERADISH.
>
> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough and
> Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>
> Your Menu?
>
> Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>
> Dimitri

We had ribs cooked on the outdoor grill (rubbed with salt, pepper and
oil), topped with a bit of bottled BBQ sauce. Vidalia onions, skewered
and also cooked on the grill. Pasta salad with assorted vegetables
thrown in. Spritzers for drinks.
Dessert came later and was tiramisu.

Also Happy Mother's Day to anyone who wants those good wishes, sprogs or
not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Your Menu?
> Dimitri

Pictures posted to alt.binaries.food.

Chicken salad with roasted marinated artichoke hearts
Steakhouse potato salad (deli purchase)
Marinated vegetable salad (combination of deli purchase + kitchen
additions)
Hawaiian bread rolls from a package
Hostess Devils Food cake with cream filling
Coffee

Enjoyed at our country place west of the cities with everyone and their
families. Never had so many guests there at one time. Didn't take many
pics because we were in the car but for the time on the big hill
enjoying our lunch.

Dress code pour moi: Capris, t-shirt, cotton sweater, windbreaker,
shoes and dweeby white socks. Pour homme: long pants, light wool
sweater, fleece vest, mid-weight jacket, cap, shoes & socks. The sun
was warm, the breeze cool.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 18:38:56 -0400, Rusty > wrote:

>Dimitri wrote:
>>
>> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

>>> Thank you, Dimitri.

>>> We had ribs, corn bread, coleslaw, fruit salad and onion rings.
>>>
>>> Boron

>> Nice - she originally suggested ribs but she only eats 1 small rib and
>> IMHO it's not enough protein, on the other hand she'll devout a nice
>> slug of pot roast.
>>
>> Dimitri

>We had a picnic in a local park
>
>Grilled chicken
>baked beans
>orzo salad a la Giada De Laurentiis
>Red cabbage cole slaw
>Brownies to die for
>
> It was a wonderful day with lots of family to enjoy it.

Baked Ham
Scalloped Potatoes
bean salad
coleslaw
cabbage rolls
perogies
kubasaw
chocolate pie
pumpkin pie

There were eleven of us, we had enough food for 25 people.
We ate, talked, ate, laughed, and had a wonderful time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>
> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>
> Our Menu tonight -
>
> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
> theater (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots,
> gravy and HORSERADISH.
>
> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough
> and Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>
> Your Menu?

I'm working overtime tonight, so dinner was takeout from our local Panera.
It's way too hot here for pot roast and hot bread pudding anyway. My weekend
starts in another 10 1/2 hours; I figure on doing some cooking then.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>
> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>
> Our Menu tonight -
>
> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local theater
> (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy and
> HORSERADISH.
>
> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough and
> Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>
> Your Menu?
>
> Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>
> Dimitri

jeez, it's mother's day - let her have *two* thimbles.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> "Dimitri" >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.

> First, I really screwed up. I thought Mother's Day was the 17th.
> Don't know why, but I did. When I found out yesterday was Mother's
> Day, I knew it was entirely too late to send anything. I made the
> obligatory call. Mother was into her 3rd mimosa and let me off the
> hook easily. I know I'll pay for it down the road at some point.
> It'll be in general conversation, with lots of relatives around, and
> we'll be talking about something... Mother will interject "Oh, isn't
> that the year you forgot about Mother's Day"? Yes, anything you say
> or do *will* be used against you at some point

And if you are lucky, she will be around for to say that for many more
years

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>
>> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>>
>> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>>
>> Our Menu tonight -
>>
>> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
>> theater
>> (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy
>> and
>> HORSERADISH.
>>
>> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough
>> and
>> Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>>
>> Your Menu?
>>
>> Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>>
>> Dimitri

> jeez, it's mother's day - let her have *two* thimbles.
>
> your pal,
> blake

At 2 she starts nodding off more than usual - It's actually funny to watch
her nod off while reading then awaken and go on as if it never happened.

Bless her heart.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Your Menu?
>> Dimitri

> Pictures posted to alt.binaries.food.
>
> Chicken salad with roasted marinated artichoke hearts

Recipe? atleast for the roasted A Hearts

> Steakhouse potato salad (deli purchase)
> Marinated vegetable salad (combination of deli purchase + kitchen
> additions)
> Hawaiian bread rolls from a package
> Hostess Devils Food cake with cream filling
> Coffee
>
> Enjoyed at our country place west of the cities with everyone and their
> families. Never had so many guests there at one time. Didn't take many
> pics because we were in the car but for the time on the big hill
> enjoying our lunch.

sounds great.

> Dress code pour moi: Capris, t-shirt, cotton sweater, windbreaker,
> shoes and dweeby white socks. Pour homme: long pants, light wool
> sweater, fleece vest, mid-weight jacket, cap, shoes & socks. The sun
> was warm, the breeze cool.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Chicken salad with roasted marinated artichoke hearts

> Recipe? atleast for the roasted A Hearts
> Dimitri

You bet!! Eye-level shelf at Cub. Reese's brand, I believe.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 10:26:30 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:01:59 -0700, Dimitri wrote:
>>
>>> First happy Mothers Day to all the real moms out there.
>>>
>>> Second to the cooks - don't forget to clean the kitchen and load the
>>> dishwasher before the final 4 fingers of hooch.
>>>
>>> Our Menu tonight -
>>>
>>> Boneless Chuck Pot Roast - done in the oven while attending a local
>>> theater
>>> (Pewter Plough Playhouse) matinee, with Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy
>>> and
>>> HORSERADISH.
>>>
>>> Dessert will be a Hot Bread Pudding made with stale home made sourdough
>>> and
>>> Madera soaked Craisins and fresh whipped cream.
>>>
>>> Your Menu?
>>>
>>> Oh yes Grandma (92) gets her margarita with a thimble of booze.
>>>
>>> Dimitri

>> jeez, it's mother's day - let her have *two* thimbles.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> At 2 she starts nodding off more than usual - It's actually funny to watch
> her nod off while reading then awaken and go on as if it never happened.
>
> Bless her heart.
>
> Dimitri

she must be part cat.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 10:26:30 -0700, Dimitri wrote:

>>> jeez, it's mother's day - let her have *two* thimbles.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>> At 2 she starts nodding off more than usual - It's actually funny to
>> watch
>> her nod off while reading then awaken and go on as if it never happened.
>>
>> Bless her heart.
>>
>> Dimitri

> she must be part cat.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Nah she's 92 and her body is just tired.- we get out the whip once a day
and make her take the rollator for a walk.

;-)

Dimitri

Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu Travis McGee General Cooking 2 12-07-2014 02:48 PM
Mothers' Day gloria.p General Cooking 18 10-05-2010 12:05 AM
Mothers Day dinner limey General Cooking 7 18-05-2006 11:04 PM
Surviving Mothers' Day Old Mother Ashby General Cooking 1 14-05-2006 09:18 AM