Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday night's dinner

They had some really cheap fresh green beans and corn at the farmer's
market today... so I made green beans almondine (kind of). I cooked
the beans in a can of chicken broth with some garlic until all the
broth was soaked up, then I put some butter and slivered almonds into
the frypan and cooked them a bit, then I put them both together with a
fresh lemon and added a little cooked bacon and onion I had left over.
Alas the end result was too salty for me to eat! But DH loved it so
all was no lost... he had mine as well and asked if there was any
left! I nuked some peas and fresh corn with parmesan flakes instead.
Next time I'll use homemade chicken stock and cut the salt out of the
equation so I can actually eat it.

Then we had homemade pizza... DH had bacon, onion, olives and
pepperoni with lots of cheese, and I had corn, tomato, onion, bacon, a
little pepperoni, and a little cheese. I wanted to try to crisp the
dough up a bit more so I pre-baked it for five minutes before I put
the toppings on but I went a little far. It ended up hard to cut! But
it tasted good... I never thought I'd say this, but those rolled up
pizza crusts-in-a-can aren't half bad, and they produce instant
results!