Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what tool to peel carrots?

I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:
>
> http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg
>
> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

Wal Mart peelers are crap. Bed, Bath, & Beyond carries a line of peelers
that do an excellent job. Same blade shape, better handle, peels everything
easily. You can even make shaved carrot slices for salads. iirc, it was $8
to $10.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 May 2009 23:36:50 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:
>>
>> http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg
>>
>> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

>Wal Mart peelers are crap. Bed, Bath, & Beyond carries a line of peelers
>that do an excellent job. Same blade shape, better handle, peels everything
>easily. You can even make shaved carrot slices for salads. iirc, it was $8
>to $10.

My wife has to keep me out of there...too many gadgets, so little time

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 May 2009 20:19:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

You bought an excellent vegetable peeler if it's an Echo. However, I
just use the back of my knife to take the peel off carrots. Try that
instead.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

Change hands and see if the blade is sharper on the other side. That
type of peeler can get dull. I used to use those ones for years with no
problems but nowadays prefer my Oxo peeler.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
wrote:

> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

I have a vegetable peeler that's very similar, except mine has rubber
grips. It works fine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 07:38:22 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
wrote:

>> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

>I have a vegetable peeler that's very similar, except mine has rubber
>grips. It works fine.

Mine also...I believe it might be operator error.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:
>
> http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg
>
> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

It appears you bought the paring for dummies one with a stainless steel
blade... ALL stainless steel bladed swivel peelers suck, because in the
manufacturing process of grinding the edge a burr is created at the cutting
edge which automatically renders the tool useless from brand new. You can
improve the edge somewhat by carefully removing the rolled over burr with a
small nail file, but after using for a short while the soft stainless edge
will dull to the point that the only practical remedy is replacement. Get
the same style with a *carbon steel* blade, a world of difference from brand
new, and because of that geometry and the much harder steel they are self
sharpening... the more they're used the sharper they become. When folks pay
a lot of money for the fancy schmancy peelers they are paying for handles,
not blades.

This is the only one you want, accept no substitutes:
http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/inde...pc=70950000306

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

I grew up with that kind of peeler. Not my favorite. How are
you peeling the carrots? I would hold the carrot at one end
and slide the peeler away from me in long strokes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz > wrote in
:

> In article
>
> om>,
> wrote:
>
>> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy
>> the wrong tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really
>> bad?

> I have a vegetable peeler that's very similar, except mine has
> rubber grips. It works fine.

Same here. And I just peeled 2# of carrots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:kVeNl.31343$Ww2.30631
@newsfe30.ams2 on May Sat 2009 am

> wrote:
>> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

> I grew up with that kind of peeler. Not my favorite. How are
> you peeling the carrots? I would hold the carrot at one end
> and slide the peeler away from me in long strokes.
>
> nancy

the back of a knife.

--

The beet goes on -Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 May 2009 08:44:58 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>I would hold the carrot at one end
>and slide the peeler away from me in long strokes.

....place the carrot on the edge of the sink so it can't move.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
47...
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in news:kVeNl.31343$Ww2.30631
> @newsfe30.ams2 on May Sat 2009 am
>
>> wrote:
>>> I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>>> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>>> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

>> I grew up with that kind of peeler. Not my favorite. How are
>> you peeling the carrots? I would hold the carrot at one end
>> and slide the peeler away from me in long strokes.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> the back of a knife.
>

> --
>
> The beet goes on -Alan

Or a scrubbee.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
>tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

An ancient design, primarily for potatoes (note the sharp tip for
digging out the eyes). Carbon steel ones were OK., S/S not so
much. I don't peel carrots. I scrape them. Less loss. If you're
unhappy with this thing on carrots, wait till you try it on
eggplant!

To go first class, consider one with a ceramic blade.

HTH

Alex

By the way, this design permits two-direction
cutting. When I had one, it was cutting edge
#1 for carrots (stroke away from the cook's body)
and cutting edge #2 for potatoes (Drawing the edge
*toward* the cook's body). A positive comment:
this design allows a lot of operator control compared
to the "stirrup" design.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
wrote:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

Could be operator error.
I use this one. I bought it at the Minnesota State Fair several years
ago. It rocks. http://tinyurl.com/qlo9yf
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article
> >,
> wrote:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> Could be operator error.
> I use this one. I bought it at the Minnesota State Fair several years
> ago. It rocks. http://tinyurl.com/qlo9yf

ummm...?
You bought Hogan Brothers?
Damn, I hope they're good at more than just peeling beggies
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>> wrote:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

>> Could be operator error.
>> I use this one. I bought it at the Minnesota State Fair several years
>> ago. It rocks. http://tinyurl.com/qlo9yf

> ummm...?
> You bought Hogan Brothers?
> Damn, I hope they're good at more than just peeling beggies

Veggies too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > wrote:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> > Could be operator error.
> > I use this one. I bought it at the Minnesota State Fair several years
> > ago. It rocks. http://tinyurl.com/qlo9yf

> ummm...?
> You bought Hogan Brothers?
> Damn, I hope they're good at more than just peeling beggies

Huh! I know how that happened.

Try this http://tinyurl.com/pa9t9e

I represent your remark about suggesting I had to beg!!!
Pfftthhggbbttt!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba > wrote:

> Goomba wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> In article
> >> wrote:

http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg

> >> Could be operator error.
> >> I use this one. I bought it at the Minnesota State Fair several years
> >> ago. It rocks. http://tinyurl.com/qlo9yf

> > ummm...?
> > You bought Hogan Brothers?
> > Damn, I hope they're good at more than just peeling beggies

> Veggies too.

We drove down to Northfield last evening to deliver a gift to June
Oshiro who will celebrate her first Mother's Day tomorrow. Oy, that
little girl of hers!! Too cute for words. Hogan Brothers is a
sandwich shop in the town ‹ a college town ‹ and the two of us ate for
just under $10, including two large glasses of tap root beer.
Sandwiches were tasty, root beer was sweet and lacked a head.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"brooklyn1" > wrote:

> This is the only one you want, accept no substitutes:
> http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/inde...pc=70950000306

I just peeled a carrot with one of the ones you sent me many years ago.
You're spot on about the carbon steel staying sharp. My Swiss Star
peeler has a carbon steel blade, too.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I bought this tool from Wal-Mart to peel my carrots:
>
> http://www.davidmellordesign.com/aca...2620_large.jpg
>
> but it does an awful job of peeling the carrots. did I buy the wrong
> tool for the job or are Wal-Mart peelers really bad?

In a word: OXO.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Kswck wrote:

> In a word: OXO.

I have an OXO and a KitchenAid ... I use the latter more often. It's
comfortable in my hand and it's red. Red is my favorite color. ;-)

--Lin (the OXO is nice, but I don't grab it first when peeling -- it
gets used when the red Ferrari of peelers is in the dishwasher)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"brooklyn1" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> >
> >> This is the only one you want, accept no substitutes:
> >> http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/inde...pc=70950000306

> > I just peeled a carrot with one of the ones you sent me many years ago.
> > You're spot on about the carbon steel staying sharp. My Swiss Star
> > peeler has a carbon steel blade, too.
> >

> Oh, you still have those... yeah, they work good. I'm still using the same
> one for more than 40 years now.

Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
drawers.

They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:21:03 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "brooklyn1" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

>>> I just peeled a carrot with one of the ones you sent me many years ago.
>>> You're spot on about the carbon steel staying sharp. My Swiss Star
>>> peeler has a carbon steel blade, too.
>>>

>> Oh, you still have those... yeah, they work good. I'm still using the same
>> one for more than 40 years now.

> Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
> inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
> drawers.
>
> They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.

they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
toothed side. (not sure what that's for.) i could see that design with a
cushiony rubber handle if i was peeling mountains of stuff, maybe.

i don't know what the original poster's problem was.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 16:26:26 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:21:03 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
>> In article >,

>>> Oh, you still have those... yeah, they work good. I'm still using the same
>>> one for more than 40 years now.

>> Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
>> inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
>> drawers.
>>
>> They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.

>they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
>toothed side. (not sure what that's for.) i could see that design with a
>cushiony rubber handle if i was peeling mountains of stuff, maybe.
>
>i don't know what the original poster's problem was.
>
>your pal,
>blake

I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.

I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!

No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!

And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.

I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.

I cleaned it up as well I could and gave it to my friend as a
Christmas gift. Got a big laugh.
--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:21:03 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,

> >> Oh, you still have those... yeah, they work good. I'm still using the
> >> same
> >> one for more than 40 years now.

> > Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
> > inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
> > drawers.
> >
> > They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.

> they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
> toothed side. (not sure what that's for.) i could see that design with a
> cushiony rubber handle if i was peeling mountains of stuff, maybe.
>
> i don't know what the original poster's problem was.
>
> your pal,
> blake

They probably don't know how to wield it. <g>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mack A. Damia > wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 16:26:26 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:21:03 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> >> Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
> >> inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
> >> drawers.
> >>
> >> They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.

> >they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
> >toothed side. (not sure what that's for.) i could see that design with a
> >cushiony rubber handle if i was peeling mountains of stuff, maybe.
> >
> >i don't know what the original poster's problem was.
> >
> >your pal,
> >blake

> I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
> and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
> stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.
>
> I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!
>
> No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!
>
> And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.

I have mom's. She got it when she was in the Air Force.

> I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
> over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.
>
> I cleaned it up as well I could and gave it to my friend as a
> Christmas gift. Got a big laugh.

Should clean up with a bit of acid and some steel wool. :-)
Then oil it!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:

> I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
> and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
> stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.
>
> I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!
>
> No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!
>
> And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.
>
> I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
> over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.

Last I had one was from a camping shop. I've also seen them on
flashier pen or utility knives.

Matthew
--
Mail to this account goes to the bit bucket.
In the unlikely event you want to mail me replace usenet with my name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Matthew Malthouse" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
>> I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>> and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>> stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.
>>
>> I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!
>>
>> No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!
>>
>> And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.
>>
>> I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
>> over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.

> Last I had one was from a camping shop. I've also seen them on
> flashier pen or utility knives.

Description sounds more like a GI church key... I have a few around
somewhere, I know there's one with my old camping gear and one in my car
glove box... ah, found one in a kitchen drawer:
http://i41.tinypic.com/v2xrti.jpg

That pic I clipped a lifetime ago is of the world's *true* oldest
profession.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-10, brooklyn1 > wrote:

> That pic I clipped a lifetime ago is of the world's *true* oldest
> profession.

LOL!

screw you.....

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 12:46:01 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Mack A. Damia > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 10 May 2009 16:26:26 GMT, blake murphy
>> > wrote:

>> >they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
>> >toothed side. (not sure what that's for.) i could see that design with a
>> >cushiony rubber handle if i was peeling mountains of stuff, maybe.
>> >
>> >i don't know what the original poster's problem was.
>> >
>> >your pal,
>> >blake

>> I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>> and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>> stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.
>>
>> I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!
>>
>> No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!
>>
>> And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.

>I have mom's. She got it when she was in the Air Force.
>

>> I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
>> over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.
>>
>> I cleaned it up as well I could and gave it to my friend as a
>> Christmas gift. Got a big laugh.

>Should clean up with a bit of acid and some steel wool. :-)
>Then oil it!

Forgot to say that the prong was funky and had bent on me more than
once. I used steel wool and oil!

They usually had a corkscrew, too. Marvelous things!

- T.S. Elliott, (from) "The Rock"

Not worth a save, though. Great for a laugh.

For my next act.......
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 18:51:10 +0100, Matthew Malthouse
> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>
>> I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>> and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>> stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.
>>
>> I kept saying that they disappeared because they worked too well!
>>
>> No fuss...no electric....just a simple tool that worked!
>>
>> And it disappeared. A curse on mankind.
>>
>> I actually found one in the boxes of stuff that I have accumulated
>> over the decades, but it was old and rusty - not too good.

>Last I had one was from a camping shop. I've also seen them on
>flashier pen or utility knives.

I have seen those and may have one. I have yet to use all the blades
on my Swiss Army knife bought nine years ago.

Not *quite* the same thing, though.
--
mad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 01:21:03 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> > Funny, this thread made me go and take a good look at the peelers I
> > inherited from mom. There are two Ekcos in one of my two kitchen tool
> > drawers.
> >
> > They are older than I am and still going strong. I'm 47.

> they seem to work perfectly well, too, unless you get confused and use the
> toothed side. (not sure what that's for.)

I think it's for scraping rather than peeling. A Scotchbrite pad will
do the same thing. :-\

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:

>I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.

I gather you don't carry a P-38 can opener with your keys, along
with the longneck bottle opener.... <G>

Alex, who does. You never know when you're going to need to
open a real beer or a can of beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 09:22:36 -0500, Chemiker
> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>
>>I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>>and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>>stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.

>I gather you don't carry a P-38 can opener with your keys, along
>with the longneck bottle opener.... <G>
>
>Alex, who does. You never know when you're going to need to
>open a real beer or a can of beans.

I really do have a very nice Victorknox Swiss Army Knife that I carry
with me. It's just not the same thing, though, as those old fashioned
ones with a point and corkscrew.

Nostalgic, too.
--
mad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 07:27:37 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:

>On Mon, 11 May 2009 09:22:36 -0500, Chemiker
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> wrote:
>>
>>>I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>>>and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>>>stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.

>>I gather you don't carry a P-38 can opener with your keys, along
>>with the longneck bottle opener.... <G>
>>
>>Alex, who does. You never know when you're going to need to
>>open a real beer or a can of beans.

>I really do have a very nice Victorknox Swiss Army Knife that I carry
>with me. It's just not the same thing, though, as those old fashioned
>ones with a point and corkscrew.
>
>Nostalgic, too.

Ah! Now I know which one you were talking about. The corkscrew was
in the hollow of the handle. Yes, the SAK can cutter looks more like a
bird's beak or claw. Works, but s....l.....o.....w.

Alex

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 09:22:36 -0500, Chemiker wrote:

> On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:44:19 -0700, Mack A. Damia
> > wrote:
>
>>I created a fuss with my friend a few years ago by searching heaven
>>and earth for one of the old-style can openers with a point. You
>>stuck it in around the rim and did a wrist boogie around the can.

> I gather you don't carry a P-38 can opener with your keys, along
> with the longneck bottle opener.... <G>
>
> Alex, who does. You never know when you're going to need to
> open a real beer or a can of beans.

can you even find a can of beer that doesn't have a pop-top?

your pal,
blake

peel F Murtz[_2_] General Cooking 1 07-01-2012 05:05 PM
Do you need to peel carrots? Theron General Cooking 41 12-05-2009 04:10 PM
Peel vs. Candied Peel Dee.Dee General Cooking 28 08-01-2008 02:20 PM
"To Peel or Not To Peel?", that is the question Johnny Barbecue 95 03-04-2005 12:40 AM
PEEL MOMPEAGRAM Sourdough 8 08-10-2004 01:04 PM