Old 05-07-2004, 09:53 PM
kalanamak

Default Mineral Waters, your favourite(s)?

Curly Sue wrote:

Bottled water: Saratoga

White Rock in a glass bottle.
blacksalt

Old 05-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Michel Boucher

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
Old 05-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Louis Cohen

The Coca Cola Company in the UK recently had to admit that Dasani was
filtered tapwater from a town in Kent. Not that there is anything wrong
with the tapwater, but it costs extra to buy it from Coke.

I have always lived in urban areas with very good tapwater (Boston, New
York, San Francisco) and never had a need for mineral water (except when I
lived in Mexico City).

That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Old 06-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Socks

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:27:43 +0000, Michel Boucher wrote:

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

when i first bought cases of mineral water i drank them too fast and my
kidneys started to hurt ;-0. no long term effects though. now i drink
the little 10oz calistoga bottles ... and no more than one a day.

i later read montaigne's travel journal ... poor guy, traveling europe in
the 16th century and "taking the waters" in hopes of curing his kidney
stones!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Curly Sue

On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
wrote:

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

I haven't made an extensive survey but I like these two.
Mineral water: Fiuggi
Bottled water: Saratoga

Sue(tm)
Old 06-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Michel Boucher

"Louis Cohen" wrote in
:

That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a
restaurant with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

I'd forgotten about San Pellegrino. Add that one to my list, although
currently, Gerolsteiner is still number one. The fizz is natural,
light and the salt taste is exactly right. You know you're drinking a
mineral water with real minerals in it. Plus, it comes in 1 litre
bottles instead of the usual 750 ml.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Bob (this one)

Socks wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:27:43 +0000, Michel Boucher wrote:
=20
=20
Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source =

in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last=20
long though, I don't think.

=20
=20
when i first bought cases of mineral water i drank them too fast and my=

kidneys started to hurt ;-0. no long term effects though. now i drink=

the little 10oz calistoga bottles ... and no more than one a day.
=20
i later read montaigne's travel journal ... poor guy, traveling europe =

in
the 16th century and "taking the waters" in hopes of curing his kidney
stones!!!

In like the water that comes out of my tap. Well water, 600 feet down,=20
mineral-rich, softened slightly (only needs a little). Tasty, makes a=20
good cup of tea or coffee. Comes up at about 55=B0F if you let it run=20
for a little while.

Local water is bottled and sold to people who have other kinds of=20
water than ours.

Pastorio

Old 06-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Arri London

Louis Cohen wrote:

The Coca Cola Company in the UK recently had to admit that Dasani was
filtered tapwater from a town in Kent. Not that there is anything wrong
with the tapwater, but it costs extra to buy it from Coke.

I have always lived in urban areas with very good tapwater (Boston, New
York, San Francisco) and never had a need for mineral water (except when I
lived in Mexico City).

That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

----
Louis Cohen

Dasani in the US is also filtered tap water. The label says 'drinking
water', not spring water or mineral water.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Arri London

Michel Boucher wrote:

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

--

Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Peter Aitken

"Arri London" wrote in message

Michel Boucher wrote:

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

--

Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.
They are really overpriced in the US, so it's tap water for us LOL!

Poland Spring

--
Peter Aitken

Old 07-07-2004, 02:46 AM
Dave S

Michel Boucher wrote:

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

--

Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.
They are really overpriced in the US, so it's tap water for us LOL!

Poland Spring

I agree with posters that like their tap water, me too, but for a
mineral fix:
Gerolsteiner and San Pellegrino. The latter inexpensive at BJ's.
--
Dave S
Old 07-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Arri London" wrote in message
Dasani in the US is also filtered tap water. The label says 'drinking
water', not spring water or mineral water.

IIRC, they take everything out of the water and put specific minerals back
in to give it the right "taste" so it is not like distilled water.

I drink filtered tap water. We'll buy about a case a year of the bottled
stuff because it is handy to take in the car, etc. I'll refill the bottles
from the tap. What brand do I buy? The one on sale. It was 19¢ a bottle at
Ocean State Job Lot a couple of weeks ago. It really bugs me to pay $1 to
$2.50 a bottle someplace.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Old 07-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Christopher Green

Michel Boucher wrote in message . ..
Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

I favor Gerolsteiner. Trader Joe's sells it in quantity.

My kids go through lots of mineral water but protest at San Pellegrino
or anything else with relatively low mineral content. (If you grow up
in Southern California, anything that isn't a bit brackish tastes
pretty bland.)

--
Chris Green
Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 AM