kalanamak

Default Mineral Waters, your favourite(s)?

Curly Sue wrote:

> Bottled water: Saratoga

White Rock in a glass bottle.
blacksalt
Michel Boucher

Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
long though, I don't think.

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
Louis Cohen

The Coca Cola Company in the UK recently had to admit that Dasani was
filtered tapwater from a town in Kent. Not that there is anything wrong
with the tapwater, but it costs extra to buy it from Coke.

I have always lived in urban areas with very good tapwater (Boston, New
York, San Francisco) and never had a need for mineral water (except when I
lived in Mexico City).

That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message

> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.
>
> --
>
> Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?
>
> Gimli, son of Gloín

Socks

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:27:43 +0000, Michel Boucher wrote:

> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.

when i first bought cases of mineral water i drank them too fast and my
kidneys started to hurt ;-0. no long term effects though. now i drink
the little 10oz calistoga bottles ... and no more than one a day.

i later read montaigne's travel journal ... poor guy, traveling europe in
the 16th century and "taking the waters" in hopes of curing his kidney
stones!!!
Curly Sue

On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher >
wrote:

>Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
>in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
>long though, I don't think.

I haven't made an extensive survey but I like these two.
Mineral water: Fiuggi
Bottled water: Saratoga

Sue(tm)
Michel Boucher

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in
:

> That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a
> restaurant with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

I'd forgotten about San Pellegrino. Add that one to my list, although
currently, Gerolsteiner is still number one. The fizz is natural,
light and the salt taste is exactly right. You know you're drinking a
mineral water with real minerals in it. Plus, it comes in 1 litre
bottles instead of the usual 750 ml.

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
Bob (this one)

Socks wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:27:43 +0000, Michel Boucher wrote:
>=20
>=20
>>Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source =

>>in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last=20
>>long though, I don't think.

>=20
>=20
> when i first bought cases of mineral water i drank them too fast and my=

> kidneys started to hurt ;-0. no long term effects though. now i drink=

> the little 10oz calistoga bottles ... and no more than one a day.
>=20
> i later read montaigne's travel journal ... poor guy, traveling europe =

in
> the 16th century and "taking the waters" in hopes of curing his kidney
> stones!!!

In like the water that comes out of my tap. Well water, 600 feet down,=20
mineral-rich, softened slightly (only needs a little). Tasty, makes a=20
good cup of tea or coffee. Comes up at about 55=B0F if you let it run=20
for a little while.

Local water is bottled and sold to people who have other kinds of=20
water than ours.

Pastorio

Arri London

Louis Cohen wrote:

> The Coca Cola Company in the UK recently had to admit that Dasani was
> filtered tapwater from a town in Kent. Not that there is anything wrong
> with the tapwater, but it costs extra to buy it from Coke.
>
> I have always lived in urban areas with very good tapwater (Boston, New
> York, San Francisco) and never had a need for mineral water (except when I
> lived in Mexico City).
>
> That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
> with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

> ----
> Louis Cohen

Dasani in the US is also filtered tap water. The label says 'drinking
water', not spring water or mineral water.
Arri London

Michel Boucher wrote:

> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.
>
> --

Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.
They are really overpriced in the US, so it's tap water for us LOL!

Peter Aitken

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> Michel Boucher wrote:
> >
> > Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> > in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> > long though, I don't think.
> >
> > --
> >

> Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
> drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.
> They are really overpriced in the US, so it's tap water for us LOL!

Poland Spring

--
Peter Aitken

Dave S

Peter Aitken wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message
>

>>Michel Boucher wrote:
>>
>>>Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
>>>in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
>>>long though, I don't think.
>>>
>>>--
>>>

>>Was brought up on Spa and Victoria, so tend to favour those. Usually
>>drink Evian or one of the Scottish spring waters when I'm in UK.
>>They are really overpriced in the US, so it's tap water for us LOL!

> Poland Spring

I agree with posters that like their tap water, me too, but for a
mineral fix:
Gerolsteiner and San Pellegrino. The latter inexpensive at BJ's.
--
Dave S
Edwin Pawlowski

"Arri London" > wrote in message
> Dasani in the US is also filtered tap water. The label says 'drinking
> water', not spring water or mineral water.

IIRC, they take everything out of the water and put specific minerals back
in to give it the right "taste" so it is not like distilled water.

I drink filtered tap water. We'll buy about a case a year of the bottled
stuff because it is handy to take in the car, etc. I'll refill the bottles
from the tap. What brand do I buy? The one on sale. It was 19¢ a bottle at
Ocean State Job Lot a couple of weeks ago. It really bugs me to pay $1 to
$2.50 a bottle someplace.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Christopher Green

Michel Boucher > wrote in message >. ..
> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.

I favor Gerolsteiner. Trader Joe's sells it in quantity.

My kids go through lots of mineral water but protest at San Pellegrino
or anything else with relatively low mineral content. (If you grow up
in Southern California, anything that isn't a bit brackish tastes
pretty bland.)

--
Chris Green
Adella

Badoit or Perrier are my first choices.
After that, Appolinaris.

Bob Myers

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message

> Isn't water (chemical compound H2O) described as a colourless,
> odourless and tasteless liquid? Anything else isn't exactly water.
> Tasting bland would be a requirement, not an impediment, to achieving
> the state of water :-)

This whole thread brought to mind the following by Mark Twain
(I think it appears in "Huckleberry Finn," but I'm taking it from
"Life On The Mississippi") -

"The man they called Ed said that the muddy Mississippi water
was wholesomer to drink than the clear water of the Ohio; he
said that if you let a pint of this yaller Mississippi water settle,
you would have about a half to three-quarters of an inch of
mud in the bottom, according to the stage of the river, and then
it warn't no better than Ohio water - what you wanted to do
was to keep it stirred up - and when the river was low, keep
mud on hand to put in and thicken the water up the way it
ought to be.

"The Child of Calamity said that was so; he said there was
a nutritiousness in the mud, and a man that drunk
Mississippi water could grow corn in his stomach if he
wanted to. He says -

" 'You look at the graveyards; that tells the tale. Trees
won't grow worth chucks in a Cincinnati graveyard,
but in a Sent Louis graveyard they grow upwards of
eight hundred foot high. It's all on account of the water
people drunk before they laid up. A Cincinnati
corpse don't richen a soil any.' "

Bob M.

sf

On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.

I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

sf

On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a source
> in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner. Won't last
> long though, I don't think.

I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

> On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> > wrote:
>
>> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a
>> source in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner.
>> Won't last long though, I don't think.

> I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

> On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> > wrote:
>
>> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a
>> source in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner.
>> Won't last long though, I don't think.

> I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
sf

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:54:14 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

> That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
> with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

At no charge, of course!

sf

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:54:14 -0700, "Louis Cohen"
> wrote:

> That said, I always thought the height of hip was to dine in a restaurant
> with a large bottle of Pellegrino on the table.

At no charge, of course!

sf

On 8 Jul 2004 00:11:13 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a
> >> source in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner.
> >> Won't last long though, I don't think.

> > I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
side to this... more for everyone else!

sf

On 8 Jul 2004 00:11:13 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 5 Jul 2004 22:27:43 GMT, Michel Boucher
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Right now, Apollinaris and mostly Gerolsteiner. I have found a
> >> source in town where I can buy a case at a time of Gerolsteiner.
> >> Won't last long though, I don't think.

> > I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
side to this... more for everyone else!

Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

>> > I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

>> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

> LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
> side to this... more for everyone else!

Cheez, the last time I said that (it was about light maple syrup), I
was accused of being arrogant. Of course, the person who did the
accusing seemed a tad unstable to begin with.

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

>> > I hate mineral water. It tastes dirty.

>> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

> LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
> side to this... more for everyone else!

Cheez, the last time I said that (it was about light maple syrup), I
was accused of being arrogant. Of course, the person who did the
accusing seemed a tad unstable to begin with.

--

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
sf

On 9 Jul 2004 13:51:28 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :

> >> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

> > LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
> > side to this... more for everyone else!

> Cheez, the last time I said that (it was about light maple syrup), I
> was accused of being arrogant. Of course, the person who did the
> accusing seemed a tad unstable to begin with.

Let's make a deal: I'll trade your allotment of light maple
syrup for my allotment of mineral water.

;-D

sf

On 9 Jul 2004 13:51:28 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in
> :

> >> I guess there's no hope for you then :-)

> > LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
> > side to this... more for everyone else!

> Cheez, the last time I said that (it was about light maple syrup), I
> was accused of being arrogant. Of course, the person who did the
> accusing seemed a tad unstable to begin with.

Let's make a deal: I'll trade your allotment of light maple
syrup for my allotment of mineral water.

;-D

Michel Boucher

sf > wrote in
:

> On 9 Jul 2004 13:51:28 GMT, Michel Boucher
> > wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote in
>> :

>> > LOL! Ya got that one right toots. But there's a bright
>> > side to this... more for everyone else!

>> Cheez, the last time I said that (it was about light maple
>> syrup), I was accused of being arrogant. Of course, the person
>> who did the accusing seemed a tad unstable to begin with.

> Let's make a deal: I'll trade your allotment of light maple
> syrup for my allotment of mineral water.

That would be ok, except that I want both :-)

--
Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Gimli, son of Gloín
sf

On 9 Jul 2004 22:17:19 GMT, Michel Boucher
> wrote:

> > Let's make a deal: I'll trade your allotment of light maple
> > syrup for my allotment of mineral water.

> That would be ok, except that I want both :-)

GASP!!!!!

sf