Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First Cookbook Publication from One of Our REC.FOOD Members!!!

Hi Guys

Just thought some of the regular posters might be interested to hear
one of our long-term members is about to have his first cookbook
released for sale. Picked up this small review from a local publishing
brochure and thought I would retype the piece for all those
interested. Here's a sneak preview Congrats Steve and Bon Appétit!

Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

Born in Madrid in Spain and raised in idyllic Burlington in the New
England region of the U.S, Stephen Rafael Kramer's cooking is an
eclectic mix of succulent tastes and inspiring ingredients ranging
from spicy and aromatic Thai salads and curries, delectable and oh-so-
fresh sushi and tempura dishes from Japan to the heart-warming and
traditional tapas offerings from his homeland. Lauded by renowned
chefs such as Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain as a rising star in
Asian-Pacific cuisine, Kramer epitomizes the quintessential,
contemporary chef who is more than just a cook. Rather, 'food
designers' such as Kramer treat cooking as something of an art form,
where the end product not only tastes like heaven on the palette, but
also looks akin to a masterpiece which should instead be displayed in
the finest of European galleries.

In this 105 page book which is a feast for both eyes and stomach,
Kramer provides a detailed description and step-by-step guide for all
dishes; the vast majority of which are his own original recipes. Of
particular note are the gloriously-defined color photographs depicting
the magnificence of his creations; this comes as no surprise as Kramer
is also highly regarded in photographic circles for his spectacular
wildlife and nature work.

In explaining his love for food, Kramer notes in the introduction of
how his early upbringing played a major role in how he now looks upon
food. "I would sometimes get picked on by the other kids at school
when I first arrived in the States. Many of them would curse me as
they could not understand why I would not indulge in and enjoy the
regular American kids diet of hotdogs and soda. I instead would often
bring dishes such criadillas and paella which I had prepared the night
before.On one occasion a group of 3 or 4 older teenagers tried to take
my lunch box away from me when I was about 13 years of age. Let's just
say that was their first and only attempt. Now, I have people (Kramer
indicates many of whom are American tourists) paying what some might
say are ridiculous amounts of money to step into my dining
establishment in Singapore to taste my fusion food. Don't you just
love irony".

Global Flavors from the Heart is expected to be released in all major
book outlets next month with a RRP of $49.95.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

Thursday spam!

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 5:12*am, Andy > wrote:
> > Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

> Thursday spam!
>
> Andy
> --

--Bryan http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/?saved=1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

> On May 7, 5:12*am, Andy > wrote:
>> > Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

>> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

What part did your pea brain nott understand about:

> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

You and projectilevomit chuck really need to join up again.

Andy
--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On May 7, 5:12*am, Andy > wrote:
> > > Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

> > Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

I don't think he's in the restaurant business, however. I don't think
it's the same person who used to post here.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:
>> Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

>Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

If it's not on the Internet it doesn't exist?
I was afraid it would come to this! :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>>> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

>> Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

> I don't think he's in the restaurant business, however. I don't think
> it's the same person who used to post here.

But notice the comment about his photography, we've all seen his
pictures and know he's a pro.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 May 2009 11:19:20 GMT, Phred wrote:

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>>> Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

>>Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> If it's not on the Internet it doesn't exist?
> I was afraid it would come to this! :-)
>
> Cheers, Phred.

well andy exists on the internet. real life, i'm not so sure about.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 5:40*am, Andy > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® said...

> >> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> > Stephen Kramer used to post here. *He lived in SE Asia.

> What part did your pea brain nott understand about:

Gee, your spelling and punctuation are so superb that you get to be
the intelligence judge for the whole NG.

> > Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> You and projectilevomit chuck really need to join up again.

I wasn't aware that we had ever joined up, whatever that means.

> Andy

--Bryan http://www.flickr.com/photos/15522299@N08/?saved=1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 6:12*am, Andy > wrote:
> > Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are indexed in Google."

Hi Phred

John Kane Kingston ON Canad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 9:52*am, blake murphy > wrote:

> >>Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> > If it's not on the Internet it doesn't exist? *
> > I was afraid it would come to this! :-)

> > Cheers, Phred.

> well andy exists on the internet. *real life, i'm not so sure about.

But he seems to pass the Turing test

John Kane Kingston ON Canada
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> >> Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

> > I don't think he's in the restaurant business, however. I don't think
> > it's the same person who used to post here.

> But notice the comment about his photography, we've all seen his
> pictures and know he's a pro.
>
> nancy

He's not in Singapore and he doesn't run a restaurant.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"What you say about someone else says more
about you than it does about the other person."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On May 7, 5:12 am, Andy > wrote:
> > Global Flavors from the Heart - Stephen Rafael Kramer

> Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

http://www.retireearlylifestyle.com/steve_kramer.htm

Steve

Maybe a different Kramer.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > In article

>> > I don't think he's in the restaurant business, however. I don't think
>> > it's the same person who used to post here.

>> But notice the comment about his photography, we've all seen his
>> pictures and know he's a pro.
>>
>> nancy

> He's not in Singapore and he doesn't run a restaurant.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
> "What you say about someone else says more
> about you than it does about the other person."

Different Steve -

"Our" Steve http://photoenvisions.com/

http://www.retireearlylifestyle.com/steve_kramer.htm

A very good guy lived in Japan for quite a while.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> > > Stephen Rafael Kramer yields no google search results.

> > Stephen Kramer used to post here. He lived in SE Asia.

> I don't think he's in the restaurant business, however. I don't think
> it's the same person who used to post here.

Too many coincidences. I didn't know about Spain, but I knew that he
grew up in the US. New England and Burlington don't set off any alarms.
He always went by "Steve" on this group, but authors often use their
full names when they publish. Japan was mentioned. I used to love his
posts about teaching English at a girl's school in Japan. And then they
moved to Thailand, where he concentrated on photography.

Even the braggart quote sounded just like him:

"Let's just say that was their first and only attempt", regarding
several older kids who tried to steal his lunch when he was 13.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 May 2009 07:03:01 -0700 (PDT), John Kane wrote:

> On May 7, 9:52*am, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> If it's not on the Internet it doesn't exist? *
>>> I was afraid it would come to this! :-)

>>> Cheers, Phred.

>> well andy exists on the internet. *real life, i'm not so sure about.
>>

> But he seems to pass the Turing test

<snort>

he cheats.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 12:44 am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:

> He's not in Singapore and he doesn't run a restaurant.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller- good news 4-6-2009
> "What you say about someone else says more
> about you than it does about the other person."

Ermm, I don't know how well you know Steve, but judging by your above
comment, not very well. For your information Steve and Nobuko moved to
Singapore last year and have resided there since then.

Cheers,
Theo