Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cinco De Mayo

felicidades en esta dia de borracho.

:-)

DimitriO
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 May 2009 06:35:38 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>felicidades en esta dia de borracho.
>
>:-)
>
>DimitriO

déjelos comer la torta
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 May 2009 09:27:00 -0500, Kathleen

>> On Tue, 5 May 2009 06:35:38 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>felicidades en esta dia de borracho.
>>>
>>>:-)
>>>
>>>DimitriO

>> déjelos comer la torta

>No quiero la torta. Trajame los camerones!

Entonces coma los molletes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 5, 6:35 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> felicidades en esta dia de borracho.

We need extra cerveza today after last night's Lakers debacle.
Probably will be Pacifico, maybe Bohemia. I'm on my way to the
Mexican market to pick up their marinated carne asada for the grill
for tacos. I'm thinking of making the oddball rice our amigos used to
make when they lived on a beach in Baja: sweat some white onion in
oil in the rice pot, add the rice and stir it around to coat with oil,
add a small drained can of Veg-All, chicken broth (and tomato juice
optional), cover, simmer till done. It's not something I recommend,
just one of those "family history" kind of things. Not quite comfort
food, but reminiscent of good times......

For those who are curious, Veg-All is a canned mixed vegetables
product that has been around for decades. Not distinguished in any
way but people with limited refrigerator/freezer space find it
handy. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:30:26 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>Kathleen wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> déjelos comer la torta

>> No quiero la torta. Trajame los camerones!

exactually what I'm making as I type...and the house smells wonderful

> Frijoles
>
> 2 lb pinto beans, uncooked
> 1 gallon cold water for soaking beans
> 3/4 lb bacon slices chopped in 1" squares
> 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh garlic, plus 1 tbsp
> 4 tbsp finely-chopped cilantro, plus 1 tbsp
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 tbsp cumin
> 1-2 tbsp chili powder
> 1/2 gallon cold water for cooking beans
> 1 1/2 tbsp salt
> 2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
>
>Soak beans in 1 gallon cold water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain when
>ready to cook.
>
>In a 2-gallon heavy pot, cook the bacon pieces until well done. Do not
>under cook the bacon. Add 1/2 cup chopped garlic, 3 tablespoon
>cilantro, and chopped onions to hot bacon. Cook until onions are
>transparent.
>
>When onions are ready, add beans, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and add
>1/2 gallon cold water. Turn heat to medium-low. Add salt and stir. Cook
>beans slowly until fork tender (approximately 1 hour). Stir occasionally
>to avoid burning.
>
>Add tomatoes, remaining garlic and cilantro, then serve.
>

>Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 May 2009 06:35:38 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>felicidades en esta dia de borracho.
>>
>>:-)
>>
>>DimitriO

> déjelos comer la torta

Una Torta Compuesta del calle ...

Mmmmmmm.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Frijoles
>
> 2 lb pinto beans, uncooked
> 1 gallon cold water for soaking beans
> 3/4 lb bacon slices chopped in 1" squares
> 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh garlic, plus 1 tbsp
> 4 tbsp finely-chopped cilantro, plus 1 tbsp
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 tbsp cumin
> 1-2 tbsp chili powder
> 1/2 gallon cold water for cooking beans
> 1 1/2 tbsp salt
> 2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
>
> Soak beans in 1 gallon cold water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain when
> ready to cook.
>
> In a 2-gallon heavy pot, cook the bacon pieces until well done. Do not
> under cook the bacon. Add 1/2 cup chopped garlic, 3 tablespoon
> cilantro, and chopped onions to hot bacon. Cook until onions are
> transparent.
>
> When onions are ready, add beans, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and add
> 1/2 gallon cold water. Turn heat to medium-low. Add salt and stir. Cook
> beans slowly until fork tender (approximately 1 hour). Stir occasionally
> to avoid burning.
>
> Add tomatoes, remaining garlic and cilantro, then serve.
>

> Becca

Thanks for this Becca! I don't make chili very often because I'm not
sure of the spice proportions.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:37:48 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 5 May 2009 06:35:38 -0700, "Dimitri" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>felicidades en esta dia de borracho.
>>>
>>>:-)
>>>
>>>DimitriO

>> déjelos comer la torta

>Una Torta Compuesta del calle ...
>
>Mmmmmmm.
>
>Dimitri

I' d mucho perfer un pastel de queso del amaretto

MMmmmmmm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:37:48 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> déjelos comer la torta

> >Una Torta Compuesta del calle ...
> >
> >Mmmmmmm.
> >
> >Dimitri

> I' d mucho perfer un pastel de queso del amaretto
>
> MMmmmmmm

Or:

Quesadillas de chorizo y queso (from: Cocina Mexicana)

120 g de mozzarella rallada (1/4 lb grated mozzarella)
120 g de cheddar rallada (1/4 lb grated cheddar)
225 g de chorizo cocido (1/2 lb cooked Mexican chorizo)
4 cebollitas picadas (4 salad/green onions minced)
2 chiles verdes frescos, sin semillas y picados (2 fresh green chiles,
seeded and minced)
sal y pimienta (salt and pepper)
8 tortillas de harina de trigo (8 flour tortillas)
aceite vegetal, par untar (vegetable oil for greasing)
gajos de lima, para adornar (wedges of lime for garnish)

(Translated loosely)
Mix the cheeses, chorizo, salad onions, chile and salt and pepper in a
bowl. Divide the mixture among 4 flour tortillas and top with the
remaining 4 tortillas.
Heat a large frying pan (nonstick OK) over medium heat and grease with a
little oil. Fry a quesadilla until the bottom is light brown, about 4 or
5 minutes. Turn over and fry the other side until the cheeses start to
melt. Set aside and keep warm while frying the others.
Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve hot, topped with lime wedges.

Buen Provecho!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> felicidades en esta dia de borracho.
>
> :-)
>
> DimitriO

Too risky to celebrate. You can get Mexican Swine Flu if you do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Becca > wrote:
>

>> Frijoles
>>
>> 2 lb pinto beans, uncooked
>> 1 gallon cold water for soaking beans
>> 3/4 lb bacon slices chopped in 1" squares
>> 1/2 cup finely-chopped fresh garlic, plus 1 tbsp
>> 4 tbsp finely-chopped cilantro, plus 1 tbsp
>> 1 large onion, chopped
>> 1 tbsp cumin
>> 1-2 tbsp chili powder
>> 1/2 gallon cold water for cooking beans
>> 1 1/2 tbsp salt
>> 2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
>>
>> Soak beans in 1 gallon cold water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain when
>> ready to cook.
>>
>> In a 2-gallon heavy pot, cook the bacon pieces until well done. Do not
>> under cook the bacon. Add 1/2 cup chopped garlic, 3 tablespoon
>> cilantro, and chopped onions to hot bacon. Cook until onions are
>> transparent.
>>
>> When onions are ready, add beans, cumin, and chili powder. Stir and add
>> 1/2 gallon cold water. Turn heat to medium-low. Add salt and stir. Cook
>> beans slowly until fork tender (approximately 1 hour). Stir occasionally
>> to avoid burning.
>>
>> Add tomatoes, remaining garlic and cilantro, then serve.
>>

>> Becca
>>

> Thanks for this Becca! I don't make chili very often because I'm not
> sure of the spice proportions.

Let me know how you like them. These beans freeze well, I have a few
containers in my freezer right now.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> > Thanks for this Becca! I don't make chili very often because I'm not
> > sure of the spice proportions.
> >

> Let me know how you like them. These beans freeze well, I have a few
> containers in my freezer right now.
>

> Becca

I will, I've got it stored and plenty of Black Soy Beans (the only true
low carb bean) in the bottom of the 'frige for next time I make Chili.
:-)

I bought some dry from Eden Foods some time back and split the 25lb.
order with a co-worker that was also Atkins dieting at the time.

Soaked for a good 24 hours (with rinses), Black Soy Beans cook up
similar to Pintos.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Cinco de Mayo jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 05-05-2013 05:21 PM
Cinco de Mayo Noemi Mexican Cooking 0 30-04-2011 06:27 AM
Why -Cinco de Mayo? Secret_Ingredient[_2_] Mexican Cooking 8 12-05-2009 06:41 AM
Cinco de Mayo Chris Neidecker General Cooking 0 06-05-2005 01:45 PM
Cinco de Mayo Mark Preston Mexican Cooking 98 16-05-2004 01:23 AM